PDA

View Full Version : LGBT - Still a mental disorder?

evilernie
10-15-2011, 11:46 PM
This topic has recently been been brought up again in the political world. I'm curious for those that has been here for at least a year, do you still consider people that people in the LGBT community need to get their heads examined?

Instrumental
10-16-2011, 12:14 AM
No, I don't. Whether they need psychological attention depends on how they cope with their situation. Although in the case of transgendered people, medical attention is generally needed to help address their situation and transition. However I don't think they need it to "convert" themselves to being cisgendered or whatever. Also asking, "Do you still consider" implies that I thought they needed "their heads examined" in the first place which isn't the case. I also don't see how the third option in your poll conflicts with the second. Although I don't know if I'd say everyone has a right to be happy. They certainly don't deserve to be miserable because of their sexuality though.

robertlouis
10-16-2011, 04:16 AM
On a forum like this, surely anyone who chooses anything other than the middle option doesn't belong here, or is at best confused and at worst a thumping hypocrite.

And when you say the "political world" don't you mean the GOP and their fanatical fundamentalist religious wing?

Nicole Dupre
10-16-2011, 04:20 AM
You need to move out of your mom's house very soon.

robertlouis
10-16-2011, 04:31 AM
You need to move out of your mom's house very soon.

Ummm. Me or the OP, Nicole? :confused:

And I'll be a creep anyway and say that the selection of new pics under that rabble-rousing slogan is very alluring indeed...... :dancing:

Debra
10-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Only the stupid people who think being GLBT is unnatural and needs psychological attention,
are actually the ones who are unnatural and needs psychological attention.

Nivek
10-16-2011, 07:47 AM
As long as children, animals, or non consenting adults aren't involved, hey enjoy ur world and the life God gave ya!!

BigDF
10-16-2011, 08:06 AM
This topic has recently been been brought up again in the political world. I'm curious for those that has been here for at least a year, do you still consider people that people in the LGBT community need to get their heads examined?Actually I have my head examined at least once a year, usually with an MRI to make sure my brain isn't being consumed by cancer, but I suppose that's not what you meant. The way you phrase your question reminds me of the old "are you still beating your wife?" line meant to embarrass someone. Since you posed the question, why not provide us with your answer?:geek:

PomonaCA
10-16-2011, 08:21 AM
This topic has recently been been brought up again in the political world. I'm curious for those that has been here for at least a year, do you still consider people that people in the LGBT community need to get their heads examined?

I get my head examined several times a year and I can tell you, it's HUGE!

BigDF
10-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I get my head examined several times a year and I can tell you, it's HUGE!Somehow, I don't find that hard to believe.:dancing::)

evilernie
10-16-2011, 03:35 PM
why not provide us with your answer?:geek:

I'm the only one that picked #3. And the reason you can't tell is because its anonymous polling to avoid embarrassing people. In addition, if you read the original post, I requested people to have been in this site for, at least, a year to gauge if having interacted with "real" people change their perception.

However, this is HA, it's normal to see individuals that are very cynical and don't take things at face value.

MrsKellyPierce
10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Umm over 500 animal species have homosexual acts - you are saying that was a choice?

In Greek times it was valued to have homosexual acts with your assistant or boy

Only people that make it unnatural is bible thumpers

HOWEVER - they claim that being a TS is a mental disorder - yet they give no funding for this "mental disorder"

But if you are bi-polar, suffer from schizophrenia, or some other mental disorder you get all the government assistance that you need

If anything is wrong with transsexuals and the GLBT it's the hate they feel and the discrimination they get

It turns them into tough, hurt, sometimes, angry individuals.

Some even go erratic, because they can't handle the "pressure" or being "hated"

No one wants to be hated or not accepted by society.

No one wants to be alone - in our community we have a lot of hate and judging going on - it's learned and it helps those hurt people feel better as well..

I just find it disgusting that anyone thinks otherwise.

And any transsexual lover that picked the unnatural option - should be ashamed of yourself.

Because if we are unnatural - you are unnatural for being attracted to us.

The sword goes both ways.

BigDF
10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm the only one that picked #3. And the reason you can't tell is because its anonymous polling to avoid embarrassing people. In addition, if you read the original post, I requested people to have been in this site for, at least, a year to gauge if having interacted with "real" people change their perception.

However, this is HA, it's normal to see individuals that are very cynical and don't take things at face value.Jeez, a lousy month, ok, ok, sorry. However, I did take your question at face value. The way you put it assumes that most of us thought LGBT was a mental disorder before we came on here. I apologize for posting on your thread.

tsadriana
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
My opinion this is not a mental disorder but are few causes who made u to change ur sex orientantion.Are to many stories and we heard from friends ,from neighbours like:
SHE/HE was cheated,being rape,having a bad childhood,losing ur child,or wife/husband/bf/gf being beated buy her husband and they become confused .
About transexual i know a bit more .like ur body is male but ur brain is female .is true that transexual are called by doctors SEXUAL disorders but is nout our fault the we are born in male body and our brain is the opposite.

loren
10-17-2011, 04:48 AM
On a forum like this, surely anyone who chooses anything other than the middle option doesn't belong here
I totally agree.

Teydyn
10-17-2011, 05:08 AM
On a forum like this, surely anyone who chooses anything other than the middle option doesn't belong here, or is at best confused and at worst a thumping hypocrite.
How is option 3 a negative option? Maybe i read it wrong, but doesnt it mean: The "Masses" dont like, but the "afflicted" have a right to happiness?

Edit:
To clarify: I dont think LGBT is a mental disorder, but i choose the word "afflicted" to pick up the question of the poll.