PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on hostage negotiating?

Legend
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Ok i'm not trying to put what i think about it on anyone, i just want to hear what you think about negotiating for hostages,im especially curious is to what you guys think are worth negotiating for? The reason for me bringing this up is when i hear people say they don't negotiate,as is too say your dead.

Personally, i would try to do anything to save a life no matter how much pride i have. Negotiating doesn't really hurt anything its give the captured more time and a better chance for release.

south ov da border
01-21-2006, 06:03 PM
once there is a situation, truth is there is no good solution, only the least deadly.

It's just buying time...

yourdaddy
01-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Behind the scenes communication with neutral parties, is the only negotiating with terrorists can work. If they see weakness, you'll see a hundred-fold increase in kidnappings.

chefmike
01-22-2006, 01:02 AM
If they see weakness, you'll see a hundred-fold increase in kidnappings.

Oh, they have seen weakness...

A good example would be shrubya pissing his pants, reading "my pet goat", while the towers were falling...

Another good example would be the mess that we left in Afghanistan, we also left Bin Laden there, remember him?

Another good example would be the ridiculous invasion of Iraq, despite the fact that the 9/11 bombers were from saudi arabia...