PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Gay Student Assaulted by High School Principle

GroobySteven
10-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Chris Sigler wants a Gay-Straight Alliance at his Tennessee high school, but his principal says no. When Chris wore a shirt to school supporting the club, that same principal allegedly assaulted Chris -- and neither the school nor the sheriff's office has fully investigated the assault since it occurred last Friday.
Chris was taking an economics exam when Principal Maurice Moser stormed into the classroom and ordered all other students to leave. (Chris's sister, who was in the same class, refused to go.) Principal Moser shoved Chris against the wall, repeatedly bumped his chest against Chris, and shouted, "Who's the big man now?"
When the folks at the Tennessee Equality Project and the GSA Network heard about Monroe County's failure to investigate the assault on Chris, they knew something had to be done. So they started a petition on Change.org demanding a full investigation into the principal's assualt on Chris -- and the creation of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at Chris's school. Please add your name to their petition now. (http://www.change.org/petitions/investigate-harassment-of-lgbtq-youth-at-sequoyah-high-school-allow-a-gsa?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&alert_id=%7btracking_id%7d)
Chris, who is straight, had been trying since August to create a Gay-Straight Alliance at Sequoyah High School. Chris wanted to create the club to provide support for gay students, including his sister, Jessica, who is bisexual. But Principal Moser blocked Chris from creating the group.
So Chris created a home-made T-shirt to support the club. The back of his shirt read, "Gay-Straight Alliance: We've Got Your Back." That was enough to provoke Principal Moser to assault his own student in the middle of an exam.
The principal's assault on Chris warrants a full investigation from the sheriff and the school district. And it's evidence enough that Sequoyah High School needs a Gay-Straight Alliance. Sign the petition on Change.org calling for a thorough investigation of the assault on Chris Sigler:
http://www.change.org/petitions/investigate-harassment-of-lgbtq-youth-at-sequoyah-high-school-allow-a-gsa (http://www.change.org/petitions/investigate-harassment-of-lgbtq-youth-at-sequoyah-high-school-allow-a-gsa?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&alert_id=%7btracking_id%7d)
Thanks for being a change-maker,
- Eden and the Change.org team

Bobby Domino
10-07-2011, 06:02 PM
All I can say is thank God for the internet to get this news to the masses and bring national/global awareness to continuing anti-gay violence. Thanks for posting, seanchai

Prospero
10-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Don't you love Tennessee... where they still recall the shameful Scopes monkey trial.

timxxx
10-07-2011, 06:10 PM
So basically the High School Principle assaulted a student(& a minor) for wearing a T-shirt. :jawdrop

Shouldn't even the allegation of an assault trigger an investigation.Sorry didn't see the words 'Tennessee' & 'Gay'.

Silcc69
10-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Hmm I don't think this was even covered in our local paper.

BellaBellucci
10-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Are we supposed to be shocked? :?

~BB~

justafreak
10-07-2011, 07:43 PM
out of control

Jackal
10-07-2011, 10:02 PM
What a fucking asshole! Who would be against building bridges among young people let alone attacking someone because they were for it? SMH

sharkmizzle
10-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Who's the big man now? Sounds like a closet case. I am guessing the principal was against this club based on principle.

BigDF
10-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd like to know what actions this boy's parents took. I saw that his sister backed him up, but nothing about his parents, who have a responsibility here also. :mad: