PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin has said she is not running my official reponse as a palinista

arnie666
10-06-2011, 08:12 AM
I said here several times that 1 I believe Palin was the real deal and 2 That I believed she was going to run. Iam certainly wrong on the second count,but then I can join the likes of carl rove and mark levin in believing she would. Or perhaps they said this for tactical reasons, right now a lot of things are puzzling me. I also believe now Iam probably wrong on the 1st . I gave her the benefit of the doubt the first time she ran from a fight.I believe it is only fair that I respond ,rather than hide away and hope people forget.

I was a huge fan of sarah palin. and defended her countless times from those who believed the trash written about her in the media. And almost all of it was trash. When she first spoke to accept the nomination from Mcain I saw star quality charisma , she had a way of connecting with the common man and woman in my opinion.Such a pleasant contrast to the elitism we see amongst the political class. When I read more about her her time in executive positions in alaska , I realised this was a politician who would sacrifice her career for what is right for instance when she found massive corruption within the administration,even within her own party. She whistleblowed knowing full well her position would be untenable,later she was vindicated when several of those she accused ended up in federal prison .She was the darling of the democrats in the area for quite some time after that,and also the media up until the point she became mcains vp nominee and dared to challenge the one annointed by the media. It really became a race then between palin and Obama certainly in the media and on political blogs. Again a contrast to careerist politicians. Plus I agreed with most of her political positions.

I noticed the concerted media campaign to destroy her. It was an education to me,just how they can blatantly lie and get away with it. Never again will I take things at face value from the media. No media simply reports the news these days, they all have an agenda ,interests and a political leaning. I also liked the fact she had a normal family with a husband and teenagers, and the crap written about them, made me like her even more, because for instance bristols pregnancy ,getting into fights on facebook that just happens with teenagers,whatever the mums religion or political leanings. What was she meant to do lock them in a chasity device? Iam sure if she did ,the libs would moan about that.

However,to me this decision, has destroyed any remaining credibility she had as a political figure. I gave her the benefit of the doubt unlike other conservatives when she resigned as governor, it was true about the ethics lawsuits,but even then I wondered if she wasn't just showing her enemies she cannot dig down and fight her corner. I was unsettled but I pressed on. Iam sorry but with this decision she has proven her detractors right on two things, one that she strung people along and two that she wouldn't step up to the plate. It is one thing to snipe at the president from the sidelines and the establishment of both parties ,that is fine there is much to criticise,but at some point you need to put up or shut up. Or you lose all credibility.She should have entered the race and debated face to face with those she rightly criticised about corporate cronyism on her own side and in the democrat party (ralph nader arch leftist even came out in support ) , and if she had won Obama with obama care and his foreign policy.Both she criticised heavily from the confines of facebook and fox news.

And frankly I don't believe there is anyone else on the current republican line up that impresses me. I think america will either get 4 more years of Obama or just some republican stuffed shirt , and it will be business as usual. A change of management will not bring the change America badly needs. Obama proved that even the libs agree. What depresses me the most,was sarah represented the only light on the political scene who I felt would clean out congress and wouldn't allow herself to be bought.I felt that feeling of true revolutionary change might filter to the UK ,as things often do from the US. That hope is all over with now

russtafa
10-06-2011, 11:15 AM
I said here several times that 1 I believe Palin was the real deal and 2 That I believed she was going to run. Iam certainly wrong on the second count,but then I can join the likes of carl rove and mark levin in believing she would. Or perhaps they said this for tactical reasons, right now a lot of things are puzzling me. I also believe now Iam probably wrong on the 1st . I gave her the benefit of the doubt the first time she ran from a fight.I believe it is only fair that I respond ,rather than hide away and hope people forget.

I was a huge fan of sarah palin. and defended her countless times from those who believed the trash written about her in the media. And almost all of it was trash. When she first spoke to accept the nomination from Mcain I saw star quality charisma , she had a way of connecting with the common man and woman in my opinion.Such a pleasant contrast to the elitism we see amongst the political class. When I read more about her her time in executive positions in alaska , I realised this was a politician who would sacrifice her career for what is right for instance when she found massive corruption within the administration,even within her own party. She whistleblowed knowing full well her position would be untenable,later she was vindicated when several of those she accused ended up in federal prison .She was the darling of the democrats in the area for quite some time after that,and also the media up until the point she became mcains vp nominee and dared to challenge the one annointed by the media. It really became a race then between palin and Obama certainly in the media and on political blogs. Again a contrast to careerist politicians. Plus I agreed with most of her political positions.

I noticed the concerted media campaign to destroy her. It was an education to me,just how they can blatantly lie and get away with it. Never again will I take things at face value from the media. No media simply reports the news these days, they all have an agenda ,interests and a political leaning. I also liked the fact she had a normal family with a husband and teenagers, and the crap written about them, made me like her even more, because for instance bristols pregnancy ,getting into fights on facebook that just happens with teenagers,whatever the mums religion or political leanings. What was she meant to do lock them in a chasity device? Iam sure if she did ,the libs would moan about that.

However,to me this decision, has destroyed any remaining credibility she had as a political figure. I gave her the benefit of the doubt unlike other conservatives when she resigned as governor, it was true about the ethics lawsuits,but even then I wondered if she wasn't just showing her enemies she cannot dig down and fight her corner. I was unsettled but I pressed on. Iam sorry but with this decision she has proven her detractors right on two things, one that she strung people along and two that she wouldn't step up to the plate. It is one thing to snipe at the president from the sidelines and the establishment of both parties ,that is fine there is much to criticise,but at some point you need to put up or shut up. Or you lose all credibility.She should have entered the race and debated face to face with those she rightly criticised about corporate cronyism on her own side and in the democrat party (ralph nader arch leftist even came out in support ) , and if she had won Obama with obama care and his foreign policy.Both she criticised heavily from the confines of facebook and fox news.

And frankly I don't believe there is anyone else on the current republican line up that impresses me. I think america will either get 4 more years of Obama or just some republican stuffed shirt , and it will be business as usual. A change of management will not bring the change America badly needs. Obama proved that even the libs agree. What depresses me the most,was sarah represented the only light on the political scene who I felt would clean out congress and wouldn't allow herself to be bought.I felt that feeling of true revolutionary change might filter to the UK ,as things often do from the US. That hope is all over with nowThe media is at war with it's self in Australia.The left dominates the press here and resents any right wing media.The left wing media have public opinion against them

Silcc69
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM

And frankly I don't believe there is anyone else on the current republican line up that impresses me. I think america will either get 4 more years of Obama or just some republican stuffed shirt , and it will be business as usual. A change of management will not bring the change America badly needs. Obama proved that even the libs agree. What depresses me the most,was sarah represented the only light on the political scene who I felt would clean out congress and wouldn't allow herself to be bought.I felt that feeling of true revolutionary change might filter to the UK ,as things often do from the US. That hope is all over with now

If you call making 12 million dollars sacrifice, then sign me up.

Bobby Domino
10-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I have my own thoughts about Sarah Palin & the Republican party. Most of it isn't nice, but to respect your thread, I'm not going to go on a soap box.
Nonetheless, I do appreciate arnie666's post. It takes a real man to admit a blunder, especially in this forum.
Democrat or Republican, the next term(s) will be "business as usual." We, as citizens, are no longer in control, however, change will come, but not soon enough.

Ben
11-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Sadly, the best [looking] Republican star has dropped outta the media spotlight -- :( Or: for now -- :)