PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S

Willie Escalade
10-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm typing this with my iPhone 4 (irony!). What do y'all think of the features? Is it really an upgrade?

LibertyHarkness
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
ahhh man dont say that , i just had delivered my first iphone 4 yesterday lol now there is a new one lol

BigDF
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
ahhh man dont say that , i just had delivered my first iphone 4 yesterday lol now there is a new one lolI would have thought that by now Libby, you would have realized that anything electronic becomes obsolete as soon as you take possession of it. You want to feel bad, put yourself in my shoes. That iphone you have has more computing power and storage than my first desktop computer(IBM PS1, 512KB RAM, no internal disk):dancing::(

kukm4
10-05-2011, 11:55 AM
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20115364-233/iphone-4s-first-take

Richctdude
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
big disappointment not impressed at all

Jennifer_English
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Bit gutted here too Libby as you know i only got my iPhone 4 a few weeks ago (broke both sides of the glass already!)

The only thing that would make me want to upgrade would be the 8MP camera...

ashymon
10-05-2011, 12:49 PM
not really an upgrade, certainly not worth it in my opinion. I will stick with my iPhone4 for now, oh and of course my iPad2

BigDF
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Bit gutted here too Libby as you know i only got my iPhone 4 a few weeks ago (broke both sides of the glass already!)

The only thing that would make me want to upgrade would be the 8MP camera...Most of this stuff doesn't respond well to bounce tests, Jennifer. I can also say from personal experience, that cellulars don't respond well to swimming either.:dancing:

SammiValentine
10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Tempted to try an iphone for my work phone see what all the fuss is about. Happy enough with my HTC / android but you know............. ones never really happy lol x

Jericho
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Tempted to try an iphone for my work phone see what all the fuss is about. Happy enough with my HTC / android but you know............. ones never really happy lol x

You'll be sorrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! :shrug

Gillian
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Android ftw ... :)

TsJizelle
10-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I have an iPhone 4 and I'm perfectly content with that!! lmao
my boyfriend is getting the 4S so hopefully I'll be able to let you know how it holds up in comparison

Willie Escalade
10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
not really an upgrade, certainly not worth it in my opinion. I will stick with my iPhone4 for now, oh and of course my iPad2
This...except for the iPad part; I don't have one yet.

I have an iPhone 4 and I'm perfectly content with that!! lmao
my boyfriend is getting the 4S so hopefully I'll be able to let you know how it holds up in comparison
Same here...but I'm pretty sure someone I know will get the new phone when it becomes available. Not me though!

Faldur
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Just making me that much happier that I got my Galaxy SII a month ago.. big FAIL apple... :(

OmarZ
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Just making me that much happier that I got my Galaxy SII a month ago.. big FAIL apple... :(

In what way, it still looks better than the plasitcy galaxy SII, it stil has a higher res screen than SII, its A5 processor is the same one thats in iPad2 and it beats SII by far in every test, as well as having a better camera.

Not to mention Apples integrated services/app store that are far better than anything Samsung/Google has to offer.

And yeah, SII wont be getting any updates in 3 years time, and iPhone will, like 3GS is getting iOS 5, while most older Samsungs are forever stuck in Froyo hell.

LibertyHarkness
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
i am enjoying my iphone 4 i got .. but then i like apple stuff as i have macbook etc :)

phone is a phone... camera is neat ,but i like the synced up mail now on my phone to my macbook and stuff ... i guess most people donteven use a smartphone to its full capactiy anyway ..

SammiValentine
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
In what way, it still looks better than the plasitcy galaxy SII, it stil has a higher res screen than SII, its A5 processor is the same one thats in iPad2 and it beats SII by far in every test, as well as having a better camera.

Not to mention Apples integrated services/app store that are far better than anything Samsung/Google has to offer.

And yeah, SII wont be getting any updates in 3 years time, and iPhone will, like 3GS is getting iOS 5, while most older Samsungs are forever stuck in Froyo hell.

so which do you prefer??!?! lol x

SammiValentine
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
i am enjoying my iphone 4 i got .. but then i like apple stuff as i have macbook etc :)

phone is a phone... camera is neat ,but i like the synced up mail now on my phone to my macbook and stuff ... i guess most people donteven use a smartphone to its full capactiy anyway ..

mines good for leveling the wonky table on the balcony. didnt even have to download an app. genius

OmarZ
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
so which do you prefer??!?! lol x

I have the Samsung

and im cursing the day i signed the 2 year contract...

Louie Damazo
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I m using SonyErickson Xperia Arc and is fucking great, not dual core yet but is pretty elegant and fast. Android is better in 2.3 version also by the way

http://www.tecnodrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sony-ericsson-xperia-x12-arc-all.jpg

OmarZ
10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I m using SonyErickson Xperia Arc and is fucking great, not dual core yet but is pretty elegant and fast. Android is better in 2.3 version also by the way

http://www.tecnodrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sony-ericsson-xperia-x12-arc-all.jpg

SE is better than Samsung, but they are bleeding money, they wont last much longer with 1.2% marketshare...

Faldur
10-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Completely disagree, been an iPhone user since the day it came out. All putters Apple. The androids offer full customization of all applications and OS. If you don't like the email client pick out one that fits your needs. Don't like the built in email, go the app store and find one you like. The whole android software systems is superior to what apple has to offer.

The cameras are identical, the Samsung has a flash.

On-board storage, Samsung 16gb - 48gb with replaceable MicroSD. iPhone 3 choices up to 64gb all fixed no MicroSD.

Iphone 4s: download 14.4Mbps, and 5.8 Mbps up, Samsung: 21Mbps download, 5.76 up.

Battery life superior to the Samsung, 710 hours standby compared to 200 iPhone 4s, and the Samsung has a replaceable battery so if your going to be away from the charger bring an extra. Can the iPhone do that?

Screen, iPhone 4s wins with more pixels, but the Samsung is easily has the better looking screen.

Apple needed to step up big and define themselves the industry leader once again. They fell far short of that with a Iphone4 upgrade. They have handed the lead over to Google, and a handful of very innovative hardware manufacturers. They will become a novelty if they don't get off the stick.

Teydyn
10-05-2011, 08:39 PM
They will become a novelty if they don't get off the stick.
They are good for a while.
Just because its an iPhone and thats better because its from apple and everyone has em... or so...

justafreak
10-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I have verizon and held out from getting the iphone 4 back in February. so now my upgrade option is still an iphone 4 wtf! is it even 4g?

OmarZ
10-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I have verizon and held out from getting the iphone 4 back in February. so now my upgrade option is still an iphone 4 wtf! is it even 4g?

It gets 4G speeds, without draining the battery like insane

OmarZ
10-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Completely disagree, been an iPhone user since the day it came out. All putters Apple. The androids offer full customization of all applications and OS.

Lipstick on a PIG, and its a PIG, thats why all those android tablets have failed.

If you don't like the email client pick out one that fits your needs. Don't like the built in email, go the app store and find one you like. The whole android software systems is superior to what apple has to offer.

Android market software is in general of much lower qualaty than iOS, this is wy so few people are paying for it, even though it has a broader user base.

The cameras are identical, the Samsung has a flash.

Do you want to bet the cameras will be identical in final image qualaty? Nothing beats Nokia N8 btw.

On-board storage, Samsung 16gb - 48gb with replaceable MicroSD. iPhone 3 choices up to 64gb all fixed no MicroSD.

Iphone 4s: download 14.4Mbps, and 5.8 Mbps up, Samsung: 21Mbps download, 5.76 up.

Theoretical download speads dont work like that in real life... Plus why have SD cards when you have plenty of on board memory, plus iCloud, Bluetooth 4.

Battery life superior to the Samsung, 710 hours standby compared to 200 iPhone 4s, and the Samsung has a replaceable battery so if your going to be away from the charger bring an extra. Can the iPhone do that?

On 3G and 4G standby its not... in fact you got to turn stuff off if you want a battery to last you a whole day. Your manipulating the stats again.

Thats why its replacable, beacaouse its just inferior, and you really need to change it with something thats charged.

Plus the screen is just with more saturated color settings, and thats not quality, Samsung does it on all its products. Its way off proper color calibration.

steeveX
10-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I guess it'S still being assembled in asian sweatshops under slave-like conditions. So no upgrade there.

OmarZ
10-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I guess it'S still being assembled in asian sweatshops under slave-like conditions. So no upgrade there.

Just like samsung, and everything else...

Silcc69
10-06-2011, 12:19 AM
OmarZ STFU and stop sucking Apples dick.

kylieam1
10-06-2011, 12:29 AM
getting the 64gb one I'm a music junkie and i have a 3gs but my contract has been up for months. i have the 32gb 3gs and i only have 1gb left of space.

OmarZ
10-06-2011, 01:44 AM
OmarZ STFU and stop sucking Apples dick.

Im not, in fact i have a new samsung galaxy sii phone, a samsung led monitor and a samsung led tv...

...and they all have problems, lousy customer service,...

im actualy waiting for nokia to come out with windows phone 7.5 stuff, and then make a switch

Nokia N9 is the best looking, most well thought of smartphone ever... and with a great Windoes Phone 7.5 OS, Nokia's new phones will blow away android, and force Apple to work harder.

http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/B1gF/nokia-n9-meego-smartphone-out-16.jpg

http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/B1gF/nokia-n9-meego-smartphone-out-5.jpg

http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/B1gF/nokia-n9-meego-smartphone-out-14.jpg

Faldur
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I found what looked a great Steve Jobs tribute last night on my iPad. Went to watch it and was denied, flash format. Really? RIP Mr. Jobs.. there's no flash in Heaven.