PDA

View Full Version : Is Referring To Several T-Girl Friends As "You Guys" Considered Offensive?

Dino Velvet
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I refer to groups of people as "you guys" when I speak to them whether they are a man or GG. Sometimes GGs have been offended somewhat but I was not referring to them as male but as a group. I don't do this with T-Girls because I have no idea if they would find it offensive so I play it safe.

Is it offensive or just understood that it's easier to direct a group of people in this manner?

needsum
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd say its offensive. I was in a BJs wholesale club one day, and two of the girls had just finished helping me out with something, and I said "thanks guys" because, like you, I'm in the habit of just saying "guys" and a reference thing, not to mean gender in any way. Well one of them, the more outspoken one, replied, "your welcome, girl" I laughed my ass off, as did they, and then she kindly pointed out they had tits and were pretty and should be referred to as the women they are (paraphrased that a bit). From then on, I've made sure to seperate my responses properly according to gender. unless I'm shooting for the insult, then I just call them all cunts.

SirCumsAlot
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
haha! I''ve done that quite a few times just out of habit. I actually bust out the "this shit is gay" statement in front of a few of my friends who're gay one time by accident. I felt so awkward. Tried to hurry and change the subject like nothing happened

Dino Velvet
10-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I used to be a doorman and I would greet people who I wasn't familiar with in a more formal way. Two women left the club and I said, "You ladies have a nice evening." They were offended that I referred to them as "ladies". What the Hell do they want me to call them then? I couldn't have been more of a gentleman and they still managed to get their panties in a bunch.

iagodelgado
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
It became "officially" offensive in 1982.

In She-Male Encounters 3 (1982) Sharon Mictchell climbed over a nieghbour's wall to have sex with Jennifer Thomas (TS) saying "I've tracked you both for three and a half years".

Which was a set-up for She-Male Encounters 4 (also 1982) in which Magnificent Margo is sitting inside when in strides Jennifer Thomas with Sharon Mitchell, who says "I've been tracking you guys for three and a half years. I mean - I've been tracking you girls for three and a half years".

It may have started before 1982, but you probably have Kim Christy to thank, or blame, for the "guys or girls" question.

TsJizelle
10-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't get offended by this.....I know who I am and don't feel there's a need to always be on your toes with gender referencing. All of my gg friends always say "hey guys!!" when we meet up, and they don't know I'm trans, so if ggs don't get offended, why should I??

It's almost like slang in a way. It's just a general acknowledgement of a group of people, whether they're children, women, or men. And I'm Canadian, we're known for being politically correct!!

BellaBellucci
10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
No.

~BB~

russtafa
10-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I refer to groups of people as "you guys" when I speak to them whether they are a man or GG. Sometimes GGs have been offended somewhat but I was not referring to them as male but as a group. I don't do this with T-Girls because I have no idea if they would find it offensive so I play it safe.

Is it offensive or just understood that it's easier to direct a group of people in this manner?
hey Dino old mate it's just that some people want to be so very sensitive:ignore:

ed_jaxon
10-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I usually get offended if someone yells "Hey you guys!" in a loud Electric Company kind of way. Shits annoying.

kukm4
10-03-2011, 11:21 PM
What if he said it.
Hey you guys - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkB5-BHxKZI)

Dino Velvet
10-03-2011, 11:22 PM
hey Dino old mate it's just that some people want to be so very sensitive:ignore:

You know me a little, Russ. I run my mouth but never want to hurt the girls. They are off limits, at least for me. Even if they lash out at me in a hostile manner I just ignore them. I do sexually harass them but they rarely complain since I'm good-natured about it. Just my way of saying they're pretty.

Dino Velvet
10-03-2011, 11:30 PM
No.

~BB~

You're a strong lady who's comfortable in her own skin. I like you and respect you. You've always been a good egg to me, Bella. :cheers:

needsum
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
You're a strong lady who's comfortable in her own skin. I like you and respect you. You've always been a good egg to me, Bella. :cheers:

Hey, where'd Dino go?........ :dancing:

Dino Velvet
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey, where'd Dino go?........ :dancing:

My house has many tenants.

BigDF
10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't know about offensive so much, but some girls might be a bit sensitive about it. This is one of those use your best judgement situations and you still have an even chance of being wrong. I was going to suggest substituting "you gals" but some would find that offensive. Out here in the Ohio valley calling people of all sexes and ages folks is permitted, but I've got no idea how they view that out west. In the end, Dino, accompanying you're greeting with a friendly smile should smooth any ruffled feathers.:geek:

BellaBellucci
10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
In the end, Dino, accompanying you're greeting with a friendly smile should smooth any ruffled feathers.:geek:

Dino smiles? :?

~BB~

SammiValentine
10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
It would be better if you said "alright fellas hows it hanging" ;)

Dino Velvet
10-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Dino smiles? :?

~BB~

Exactly. I'm very serious and uptight.

MdR Dave
10-04-2011, 10:42 PM
The coolest groups have a specific name- a gaggle of geese, a murder of crows. . .

A tyranny of transsexuals?

SammiValentine
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
a scrum :D

Dino Velvet
10-04-2011, 10:48 PM

You're always so cute with your crazy British talk.

MdR Dave
10-04-2011, 10:52 PM

Only if they're jockeying for position in an orgy.

And I call eight-man- I want to be behind the rest of them!

justafreak
10-04-2011, 11:00 PM
if your tone of voice its not offensive when you reffered to them as you guys then they're prolly just hyper sensitive and nothing you say would be p.c enough.

onmyknees
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
I would think it's all about intent Dino....now what might be offensive is if someone said "Youze Guyz" with a Rocky Baldoa Philly accent. That should be cause for an ass whipping.