PDA

View Full Version : Avator from my pictures

katieftv
01-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi, Can somebody tell me if I can upload a pic to use as my avator from my pictures on my PC please or even if it is possible? There is no URL from my pictures so if not is there a way around it? Thank you

hwbs
01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
u need to post is somewhere , like yahoo or myspace ....then right click on properties and copy the URL.. then paste it in the url box in your profile and click on upload...

katieftv
01-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks, I have tried to link a pic from my Yahoo 360 blog so lets see if it works here, fingers crossed. Katie x

katieftv
01-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Nope that don't work and even tried to link the pic from my Yahoo photo album like you said to no avail. :(

Shannon Summers
01-18-2006, 09:01 PM
u need to post is somewhere , like yahoo or myspace ....then right click on properties and copy the URL.. then paste it in the url box in your profile and click on upload...

I can't seem to get it to work either. Was thinking of maybe posting this image I loaded to HungAngels gallery.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/album_pic.php?pic_id=331

Thanx

-Shannon

katieftv
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Well this is my pic that I want to post as my avator thats if the URL works here. No upload either I assume you mean submit.

Ok that works but how do I get it to be accepted as my avator? :?

Trogdor
01-18-2006, 09:38 PM
:arrow: Photobucket is a goodsite to use as well.

brickcitybrother
01-19-2006, 12:54 AM
You can only use a site or webpage where the actual image is loaded. Yahoo and other do not do that ... they actually re-format your image (for space reasons) and display it - without the .jpg extension. Without that ... this software running this site phpBB ... cannot recognize it. Try a photo site and you'll proabably have a better chance.

Shannon Summers
01-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Ok, thanks. There seems to be a size restriction as well. Could only find one pic that fits. I'll resize another and try again later.

-Shan

katieftv
01-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys. I have cracked it now went the photobucket route, Cheers Trogdor. Katie x