PDA

View Full Version : Gucci at 90

Stavros
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Most of the transexuals I have known have been into fashion; a few have tended to think shopping is not shopping if you haven't been to a designer store in Manhattan, Paris, or London. Gucci is 90 years old, and The Guardian have put together a short video on its history, the changes in style, materials and goods that is both historically interesting and will probably send some of the girls back onto the street (for the shopping, of course...)

Not sure why fashion doesn't get more discussion here.

Enjoy!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/interactive/2011/sep/26/gucci-at-90

Prospero
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey let's have some great pictures of beautiful transexual girls in high fashion clobber to make this thread come alive.

Willie Escalade
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM
The Gucci AMC Hornet was NOT a good idea; the Gucci Cadillac Sevilla was...

robertlouis
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Stavros, old friend, you never cease to amaze me.

Not sure why fashion doesn't get more discussion here.

LMAO.

Judging from market stalls the world over, it's probably the most ripped off fashion label of them all as well.

Willie Escalade
09-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeppers...:Bowdown:

HOTCARSTV.TV-AUTHENTIC GUCCI CADILLAC - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4urbvRNz8)

The one below? :hide-1:

Stavros
09-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Stavros, old friend, you never cease to amaze me
RobertLouis, if you really want to be amazed, go shopping with a glamorous transexual.

Anyway, I like that scene in How to Steal a Million when Peter O'Toole is persuading Audrey Hepburn to dress up as a cleaner so she can get into and then conceal her presence in the Museum where they intend to steal her father's fake statuette. Something like For one day in your life stop wearing Givenchy or something like that. I was surprised when I saw it recently what a good film it is, O'Toole in particular is a brilliant actor and a fascinating man.

robertlouis
09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Stavros, old friend, you never cease to amaze me
RobertLouis, if you really want to be amazed, go shopping with a glamorous transexual.

Anyway, I like that scene in How to Steal a Million when Peter O'Toole is persuading Audrey Hepburn to dress up as a cleaner so she can get into and then conceal her presence in the Museum where they intend to steal her father's fake statuette. Something like For one day in your life stop wearing Givenchy or something like that. I was surprised when I saw it recently what a good film it is, O'Toole in particular is a brilliant actor and a fascinating man.

I have once, in Singapore, and it was indeed an (expensive) revelation.

And Peter O'Toole is always pretty good in any film. I thought he caught the tortured soul of the titular role in Lord Jim just as Conrad would have wished.

Prospero
09-27-2011, 06:31 PM
O'Toole - catch that film he made two years ago "Venus" if you've not seen it. Wonderful.

And I agree with both you gents. Shopping sprees with our lady friends can be a shocking and revelatory experience.