PDA

View Full Version : what movie do you think will be the biggest film this year?

LibertyHarkness
09-08-2011, 01:15 PM
so with alot of big movies this year released and more to come .. what do you think is going to be the winner of the best movie of 2011 ...

I think it will goto the Harry Potter final film , the deathly hallows part 2 ...

maybe if they get the hobbit part 1 out in december that may pip it to the post ..

what do others think ?

my fav films this year have been ..

harrypotter deathly hallows pt2
source code
limitless
xmen first class

probably some of the most let down movies for me have been ..

captain america
Thor
The Eagle

irishboi
09-08-2011, 01:48 PM
For me one of the best was Hanna which I thought was really good, I never got a chance to see Harry Potter though which was disappointing as I heard it was class and because I'm the biggest fan of the books ever !!! :P

I totally agree with you about Thor had to be one of the biggest let downs of 2011 terrible movie.

LibertyHarkness
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
i saw hannah a couple of weeks back, i was abit let down by it ... it just seemed abit dead and abrupt ...

yeh thor was pants

irishboi
09-08-2011, 02:04 PM
ok if you had to pick your 3 favourite movies of all time what would they be

LibertyHarkness
09-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Alien
Scarface
Planet Terror

irishboi
09-08-2011, 02:20 PM
good choice
The Departed
Forrest Gump
The Dark Knight

amofemboy
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
maybe your latest dvd!!!ahahaha

seriusly i think harry potter and the scene in the last xmen film in wich wolverine "manda a fanculo"(an italian term) magneto e professor X

LibertyHarkness
09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
hehe thanks ...

i have a full parady dvd coming out in a few months in the usa ...shooting it end of this month ...

dark knight was a great movie .. x

SirCumsAlot
09-08-2011, 04:52 PM
human centipede
teeth

Dino Velvet
09-08-2011, 09:23 PM
http://creepypillow.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/28335_npadvhover.jpg

Stavros
09-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy with Gary Oldman has been getting rave reviews via the Venice Film Festival...its a remake of a tv series based on the Le Carre book, originally with Alec Guinness.

robertlouis
09-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Libby's OP asked what would be the biggest film of the year. I'd expect that to be the final chapter in the Harry Potter franchise.

The best film I've seen this year so far is a French movie with Kristin Scott Thomas called Sarah's Key. It won't register on any big films list, but as an example of French mainstream filmmaking, which for me is by far consistently the best in the world, it's outstanding.

Los Angeles resident
09-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I predict "Contagion" will be the box office hit of 2011 and "The Help" will win the Best Picture award for 2011 at next year's Oscars.

Prospero
09-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes - important to note that Ms Liberty's question was which will be the winner... and she is probably right that, when it comes to the Oscars, big box office is one of the main criteria. So it is likely to be Harry potter or, perhaps, the forthcoming Spielberg take on Tintin. But that is the Oscars. What will win the bafta's is another question - where critical judgement counts for a little bit more and the European Film Academy (which excludes american films) where the best film is likely to be the new (diappinting) Almodovar or, perhaps, Sarah's key which as RobertLouis says is a wonderful film. I'll be voting in both Bafta and Efa awards and I've tended to find that its seldom what I consider to be the best film that wins. (Avatar for instance - fantastic to watch but a pretty infantile plot. One exception was a couple of years ago when The lives of Others won.) But my taste in cinema is a bit obscure compared to the bulk of the people here. I enjoyed harry Potter for instance but don't think it the best film in any way. But I still figure it'll win. The new Tinker taylor film (not yet seen it) sounds good. But it'll never win an oscar as its clearly too cerebral.

Stavros
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I accept I rushed into print without addressing the core question -the answer to which is I don't know. I dont like the sound of TinTin, I had the books when I was young and used to like the animated series, although the politics of it has recently become 'controversial'. But I also liked Rupert the Bear and I don't think it would make a good film. Incidentally, some board members may know that a lot of Filipina transexuals call themselves TinTin...I wonder if Mr Spielberg is going to, as it were, spring a Surprise on the audience...

alpha2117
09-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes - important to note that Ms Liberty's question was which will be the winner... and she is probably right that, when it comes to the Oscars, big box office is one of the main criteria. So it is likely to be Harry potter or, perhaps, the forthcoming Spielberg take on Tintin. But that is the Oscars. What will win the bafta's is another question - where critical judgement counts for a little bit more and the European Film Academy (which excludes american films) where the best film is likely to be the new (diappinting) Almodovar or, perhaps, Sarah's key which as RobertLouis says is a wonderful film. I'll be voting in both Bafta and Efa awards and I've tended to find that its seldom what I consider to be the best film that wins. (Avatar for instance - fantastic to watch but a pretty infantile plot. One exception was a couple of years ago when The lives of Others won.) But my taste in cinema is a bit obscure compared to the bulk of the people here. I enjoyed harry Potter for instance but don't think it the best film in any way. But I still figure it'll win. The new Tinker taylor film (not yet seen it) sounds good. But it'll never win an oscar as its clearly too cerebral.

The Oscars go for big box office? What planet are you living on? Hurt locker beat Avatar for gods sake. The Academy added more acting member over the last decade which means its skewed more and more towards arty acting pics. Only arty big budget films get up sometimes (Titanic, LOTR) . Avatat should have won on the quantam leap in technique alone but instead a laughably bad overwrought and inaccurate war drama wins.