PDA

View Full Version : Old site I just came across

Prospero
09-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyone seen this site before. it's been around for years. Found a link to it in an old e mail from 2003

http://www.vickirene.net/

zocco
09-02-2011, 09:21 PM
i used to visit that site years ago
thanks for bringing it up again

maaarc
09-02-2011, 09:31 PM
used to visit that site quite a lot and met a bunch of nice girls - Thanks Vicki

Stavros
09-02-2011, 09:45 PM
There were three sites in the 1990s which were essential gateways to personal websites, in the days before social networking: Vicki Rene, Urnotalone, and the Geocities/West Hollywood cluster. In those days creating a 'web presence' was attractive to those who could see the potential of having global access,be it for boyfriends, husbands, clients, girls interested in hormones and make up, and so on. The obvious drawback in those days being dialup connections and slow loading speeds. Just as with blogs and social networking today, it all depended on how often the person updated their content, most of them not bothering. It was crucial if you were travelling to another country and wanted to know who was in any of the big cities, but also smaller towns. My guess is that a lot of people met through these sites, but that around 75% or more were a waste of space. I think the social networking sites have made them redundant.

AmyDaly
09-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I remember that site. I had my old site up there at one point way before I transitioned lol

GroobySteven
09-02-2011, 11:11 PM
That was a great resource back in the day, I think it's been around since the 90's. It did go offline for a bit which is why I think we forgot about it. We actually found some models on it years ago. Thanks for the link.

Nikka
09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
was a geocities site on the 90īs

TSMichelleAustin
09-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Vicki is a dear friend of mine and I know she has been facing medical problems but still tries to keep her site going! She has featured me and done interview with me many years ago! Great site for what it was back then!!!