PDA

View Full Version : Transgendered 10-Year Old - Happier as a girl

AmericanDream
08-31-2011, 11:34 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/transgender-10-year-old-j_n_943654.html?1314816454&ncid=webmail2

I saw this article when I was checking my mail. Maybe some people here would like to read the article or watch the video.

Buzz
08-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Jackie's story and several others will be on ABC News Primetime Nightline this evening (31 August). I hope that the show's producers will choose for insight instead of sensationalism...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/extraordinary-family-inside-transgender-world/story?id=14414656

BellaBellucci
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Jackie's story and several others will be on ABC News Primetime Nightline this evening (31 August). I hope that the show's producers will choose for insight instead of sensationalism...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/extraordinary-family-inside-transgender-world/story?id=14414656

Dude. It's Nightline, not Faux News. :lol:

~BB~

south09
09-01-2011, 12:58 AM
That's true but news media across the entire spectrum has mishandled transgender-based features in the past.

OmarZ
09-01-2011, 01:00 AM
That's true but news media across the entire spectrum has mishandled transgender-based features in the past.

circus freak approach

BellaBellucci
09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
ABC has been sensitive to the issue in the past:

20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 1 of 5 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utpam0IGYac)

~BB~

NaughtyJane
09-01-2011, 01:21 AM
I think the media in some cases has been getting a little better at this.
There was a 20/20 piece on homeless youth, 1 of the kids was a trans girl... they treated her fairly just like the other 3 kids represented in the piece. She was 13/14 in my town, living with the horrific...they state on the show 30% of homeless youth are trans!! The show is listed on hulu, having been re aired in the last week or two.

I know she takes a ton of heat, but Barbara Walters did a show on trans kids a couple years ago that I thought was well handled... She was super sweet to the kids, insightful with the parents... at the time I was surprised and impressed. When I see this sort of cultural advance... I honestly feel it deeply, get a little misty.

I think really most of a mainstream television audience is not intellectually equipped to even absorb, and digest the complexities of these matters. Nor do they want to.

I also am of the opinion that sensationalizing sex crimes acts as an encouragement, or advertisement for borderline personalities to give it a shot.

Nicole Dupre
09-01-2011, 02:14 AM
I'm reading the comments on the FB Huff Post newsfeed, and some of them are nauseating. It's no shock to me that some dumb bitch, with a red, white, and blue elephant as a default pic, suggested the child be taken away from her parents.

I wish abortion was suggested to every pregnant woman, who's too lazy and stupid to do a little research on readily available topics such as transgenderism. Instead, they bury their empty heads in fairy tales custom-built for chumps, such as the bible and the GOP platform. I can't wait until these useless people go extinct.

Nicole Dupre
09-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Now THAT'S a mother. God bless her for telling those latent faggot witch doctors what time it is.

Dr. Phil Show on gender identity disorder - Does reparative therapy fit? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Iq3E85-VY)

lovesall
09-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Saw the Primetime Nightline story and it was great how the parents are understanding of their children. Also interesting was the story of the man who had SRS not once but twice from a man to woman and then a man again, and he has a younger girlfriend now.

kevin2008
09-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Nashvegas
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Jackie is so sexy

dude she is 10, keep it in your pants

tommy001
09-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Jackie hasn't reached puberty yet and wants to be a girl, i find it so early, Maybe if jackie was 14 or 15 i would have shrugged my shoulders and said Jackie is a girl in a mans body. Another thing with Jackie being 10 if you talked about this, i could be classed a pedophile. Maybe the younger generation is growing up more quicker or do you have to have an age to know something is different? Is it possible Jackie could say i want to be Jack again?

NaughtyJane
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Jackie hasn't reached puberty yet and wants to be a girl, i find it so early, Maybe if jackie was 14 or 15 i would have shrugged my shoulders and said Jackie is a girl in a mans body. Another thing with Jackie being 10 if you talked about this, i could be classed a pedophile. Maybe the younger generation is growing up more quicker or do you have to have an age to know something is different? Is it possible Jackie could say i want to be Jack again?

Well Tommy I knew I was 'different' at 3 or 4 years of age. I came from an environment that would have never heard any such nonsense from me. Instead I went through some very painful and difficult years and truly awful experiences, many dangerous and self destructive. My story told in detail is a personal survival miracle... one of entirely unnecessary torment. I laud these parents for their compassion, understanding and social bravery.

I love my life, at the same time wish the trials I have faced in it on no one. It has to be incredibly hard to be these parents, but they love, and actually KNOW their child. It is not for anyone else to decide.

In my earlier post I stated that this sort of topic is far too sophisticated for a mainstream television audience. No matter how sensitively it is handled it is too challenging for most people, it ends up being sensationalized, a ratings generator. This child's challenge is not at all appropriate for public dialogue, it is a family matter. That in my opinion is being exploited, under the guise of education that the public is ill prepared for.

tommy001
09-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Jane you knew at such an early stage at 3 or 4 years old, just goes to show i was wrong to think in their teens. I forgot to say that Jackie does seem very happy to be Jackie in the video.

Silcc69
09-03-2011, 02:20 PM
saw the primetime nightline story and it was great how the parents are understanding of their children. Also interesting was the story of the man who had srs not once but twice from a man to woman and then a man again, and he has a younger girlfriend now.

wtf!?

Buzz
09-08-2011, 11:32 AM
For myself and my friends outside the US who were unable to see this I finally found a link to the whole program.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1898635241/