PDA

View Full Version : Birth Control

JamesHunt
08-19-2011, 03:19 AM
Should children be allowed to sue their parents for not raising them correctly?

Dino Velvet
08-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Too broad a question. Narrow it down and give a hypothetical example.

hippifried
08-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Oh what the hell. Why not?
Will they have to get parental permillion first?

robertlouis
08-19-2011, 05:10 AM
I think that it's been attempted in one or two European jurisdictions, including the UK.

I guess it's about where you draw the line between abuse - and by that I mean emotional rather than physical - and shit parenting, as per the recent riots and the anguished cries of "Where are the parents?", to which the answer was either: in the pub getting shit-faced, or driving down to help their little darlings bring their ill-gotten gains home.

Stavros
08-19-2011, 05:40 AM
There was an attempt in the 90s by some children [when they were adults] to sue their parents who smoked for damaging their health through passive smoking; not sure if it ever went to court. Its part of an occasional movement you get for a 'Children's Charter' -but we are still arguing about whether or not a parent should have the right to slap their own children.

trish
08-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Only if parents are allowed to counter-sue their children for being piss poor offspring?

robertlouis
08-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Only if parents are allowed to counter-sue their children for being piss poor offspring?

Yes, I suspect this is an instance of litigation for its own sake vanishing up its judicial arse. The characters in Alice in Wonderland would have loved it.

Faldur
08-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Love it!