PDA

View Full Version : How the Koreans handle riots .. not for the faint hearted

LibertyHarkness
08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
so with the recent riots in the uk i youtubed a few vids of how other countries deal with riots ..

omg check this video out of how riot police in korea deal with it ...

Korean Police in "How to use the riot shield properly" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Drx9X0BaE)

Mayrah
08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
a few inches below or towards his temple and he would have a murder on his hands

russtafa
08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
and he cares?

dderek123
08-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Face!

killkenny
08-18-2011, 03:25 PM
boom headshot!

russtafa
08-18-2011, 06:17 PM
these guys would have been great in the London riots

LibertyHarkness
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
haha yes for sure ... though i wonder how many teeth he lost

CORVETTEDUDE
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Having operates with Korean troops in Nam, I can tell you they don't fuck around. Their polce forces are the same way. They will tell you once, then they will just as quickly show you the error of your ways. The Viet Cong were scared shitless of them.

hippifried
08-18-2011, 07:13 PM
& has all this super badassness managed to quell the constant (practically weekly) riots in Korea?

Falrune
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I thought you were going to mention the Koreans, abandoned by the LA Police Dept, defending their livelihoods during the LA riots

hippifried
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I skimmed over this & missed it. Can't let it slide.

The Viet Cong were scared shitless of them.
The Viet Cong fought the French. Then they fought the Japanese & French collaborators. Then they fought the Brits with the Japanese who had been rearmed to act as police. Then they fought the French again. Then they took on the biggest baddest military power in the history of the world & their allies. Stuck that out for another 10 years. They weren't scared of helicopters, jets, overwhelming fire power, chemical defoliants, carpet bombing, or napalm. What makes you think they were scared of Koreans?

russtafa
08-18-2011, 08:13 PM
why were the korean's abandoned in the riots?

Falrune
08-18-2011, 10:52 PM
why were the korean's abandoned in the riots?

In both the LA Riots and the Watts Riots, the LAPD cordoned off the riot area and allowed the rioters to continue burning, looting and mayhem. It was not politically correct to try to prevent the rioters from harming the shop owners and their property. The police proved they were not there to protect or serve those unfortunate enough to earn their livelihood in the riot zone. They proved they were there to prevent the riots from spreading into the rich neighborhoods and not harm the rioters.

The Koreans had a small enclave in Los Angeles, and since many were first generation in the USA, they could not afford to be in Beverly Hills, so their enclave fell within the riot zone. So de facto, the Koreans were left on their own in the LA Riots, just as the Japanese-Americans store owners were left on their own during the Watts Riots.

Jericho
08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
What makes you think they were scared of Koreans?

They loved their dogs! :shrug

onmyknees
08-19-2011, 01:30 AM

The Viet Cong fought the French. Then they fought the Japanese & French collaborators. Then they fought the Brits with the Japanese who had been rearmed to act as police. Then they fought the French again. Then they took on the biggest baddest military power in the history of the world & their allies. Stuck that out for another 10 years. They weren't scared of helicopters, jets, overwhelming fire power, chemical defoliants, carpet bombing, or napalm. What makes you think they were scared of Koreans?

As usual Hippi....reality escapes you, and opinion takes the place of fact.... Corvette is absolutely correct. They feared the Koreans because they were more ruthless than any of the foes you mention above.

Here's a few lines from Time Magazine circ 1970....

One recent night, South Korean 1st Lieut. Lee Young Woong looked into a peasant cottage as a woman and her two children were eating their evening rice. He noticed at once what a Westerner might easily have missed: there was too much rice for three people. Company was expected, he concluded. Lee and his squad of ten Koreans rounded up the villagers and placed them under guard in three houses. Then his men moved out to set up an ambush. Two hours later, three Viet Cong came to dinner—and died of lead poisoning.

That incident was one of 8,400 ambushes laid by the Koreans of the Tiger Division since they arrived in Viet Nam last November. Assigned to guard the port of Qui Nhon and open long stretches of Highway 1 and Highway 19, the Tigers have accomplished in eight months what eluded the French and Vietnamese for 20 years: securing the lush and prosperous coastal plain of Binh Dinh province. [...]

Once, when the mutilated body of a Korean soldier was found in a Viet Cong-sympathizing village, the Koreans tracked down a Viet Cong, skinned him and hung him up in the village. Not surprisingly, captured Viet Cong orders now stipulate that contact with the Koreans is to be avoided at all costs—unless a Viet Cong victory is 100% certain.

CORVETTEDUDE
08-19-2011, 03:48 AM

Not very well informed are you? If it weren't for the Russians....they wouldn't have had anything to fight with. They did outlast us, granted. We experienced a form of warfare that we were ill equipped )phycologically) to deal with. I spent almost 3 years there as a SEAL...how much time you got in it...smartass!!!???

Yvonne183
08-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Check out this police clash with "protesters". You'll notice unlike the civilized English these guys aren't looting or burning down stores. If one has a gripe against the system then go after the system head on and not do like the British and loot, burn stores down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rCSu9GO1ps&feature=related

russtafa
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
their protesters are a lot tougher

Yvonne183
08-19-2011, 04:22 AM
their protesters are a lot tougher

I think the protesters were x soldiers,,, lol

robertlouis
08-19-2011, 04:30 AM
I suspect I may be the only person here who has witnessed a Korean riot at first hand - spending a free weekend in Seoul during a lengthy far-east business tour.

Utterly terrifying, with both sides, in this case students and police, giving and receiving no quarter. The level of mutual violence was almost intoxicating, but totally bloody and ultimately sickening; even the emergency services were clearly programmed to expect high levels of casualties.

Weirdest thing was the locals' reaction the following day. I had just watched quite the most violent rioting I'd ever seen, and they saw it pretty much as par for the course and not worth talking about - and that wasn't oriental reticence or embarrassment, as Koreans tend to be much more open and forthright with their views than other far-eastern cultures.

Weirder still was the apparent "cause". Turns out that there had been a riot on that date twenty or so years before in which several students had died and after which a general crackdown followed. It had been commemorated every year since with a vocal and aggressive student demonstration which had led to violence a few years before and every year since. In other words, it had almost become a "tradition". You could imagine the police and the rioters shaking hands at the end and saying "Same time next year then".

:confused:

russtafa
08-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Maybe the UK should send it's protesters and police there for training

SirCumsAlot
08-19-2011, 05:30 AM
I like the music

dbev
08-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Civil rights have no place in some places....