PDA

View Full Version : Going to Church to Cure Homosexuality

ILoveGG&TS
08-16-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm not a religious person and only go to church for a wedding or funeral so I never imagined there were churches like this. Has anyone ever visited a church like the one in these videos? Is this common or out of the norm for a church?

Pastor Outs Gay Teens in Church - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWem_KdLVVg&NR=1)

Pastor- "Being Gay Is NOT Normal!" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxX-uFQI8p8&feature=related)

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Omg. That guy is sooooo fucked up. Basically, he got a bunch of confused kids to out themselves waaaaaaaaaaay before they came to terms with their sexuality in any kind of sane, rational way.

seamonkey
08-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Just another way that authoritarianism rears its ugly head. The more you suppress/repress sexuality the more likely it will be expressed in unhealthy ways later. I have a cousin who was very active in right wing Christian politics on her college campus in the 1960s. She even went out west to work for one of the organizations. Turns out she's a lesbian, though how out she is publicly I am not sure. I was alienated from her and that part of the family at a young age. I would imagine that recognizing and accepting her own sexuality in the context of her fundamentalist religious beliefs was a difficult experience. I would have a lot of sympathy for her if she had not been so politically active. As far as I am concerned, these groups have damaged our democracy and culture, so I have little sympathy.

theone1982
08-16-2011, 08:25 AM
What are the odds that this pastor is soon caught with a male prostitute? I'd say those odds are VERY high.

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 08:46 AM
What are the odds that this pastor is soon caught with a male prostitute? I'd say those odds are VERY high.
People who have happy sex lives are never concerned about other people's sex lives. At this point, saying you have a problem with anything that's LGBT is like hanging a sign around your neck that says "closet fag".

Just look at James, supporting Bachman. That's a pretty sad cover story, for a man who's actually such a perverse sissy and a bottom-feeding gay hooker.

TempestTS
08-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah nothing like being told how to live our lives by a pastor that is convinced that there is an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches everything we do and even took the time to write down 10 rules to live our lives by... except that he couldnt find anything other than stone to write on even though he's a divine all powerful being... oh yeah and those stone tablets just happen to be all the way up a mountain... yeah that just screams sanity and sound judgement. -- let me listen to the guy who buys into all that, he's obviously well grounded --

OmarZ
08-16-2011, 08:54 AM
People who have happy sex lives are never concerned about other people's sex lives. At this point, saying you have a problem with anything that's LGBT is like hanging a sign around your neck that says "closet fag".

Just look at James, supporting Bachman. That's a pretty sad cover story, for a man who's actually such a perverse sissy and a bottom-feeding gay hooker.

Its always like that, they have to hide deep in the closet... take the most extreme positions... so people wont know, what bottom bitch sluts they are...

theone1982
08-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah nothing like being told how to live our lives by a pastor that is convinced that there is an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches everything we do and even took the time to write down 10 rules to live our lives by... except that he couldnt find anything other than stone to write on even though he's a divine all powerful being... oh yeah and those stone tablets just happen to be all the way up a mountain... yeah that just screams sanity and sound judgement. -- let me listen to the guy who buys into all that, he's obviously well grounded --

Exactly! Why would an omnipotent, omniscient being care what goes on between consenting adults? Why would they care about anything really? When logically deconstructing religion it quickly becomes apparent how completely ridiculous it truly is. If a god truly exists and are so angry about homosexuality, why not just appear in person and condemn them rather than let some self-hating, pompous douchebag like this pastor do the talking for them?

Tiffany Anne
08-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Its always like that, they have to hide deep in the closet... take the most extreme positions... so people wont know, what bottom bitch sluts they are...

They're just needing therapy:salad

TempestTS
08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Jesus was a crossdresser

woodywoodsac
08-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Most vicars are gay anyway! Nout wrong with being gay.

theone1982
08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Just a couple of different twists in history 2,000 years ago and we would all be Mithraists anyway.:)

russtafa
08-16-2011, 12:18 PM
In Aussie we had some wacko anti gay American by the name of Rebecca Haglin say on national television why gays should not be allowed to marry.wHAT A DISGUSTING WOMAN

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Most vicars are gay anyway! Nout wrong with being gay.
Worse. They're pedos.

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah, nothing wrong with being gay, unless you preach against it every Sunday, and fondle the alter boys.

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 01:35 PM
He's So Gay - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phYyyYrfaeM)

deadlyray
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not a religious person and only go to church for a wedding or funeral so I never imagined there were churches like this. Has anyone ever visited a church like the one in these videos? Is this common or out of the norm for a church?

If you do any sort of unbiased research, you'll found out just how fake church is.

Yvonne183
08-16-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqIIeGmhL2Q&feature=related

One never knows when the homosexual is about.

Helvis2012
08-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Demented.

tsnajwa
08-18-2011, 08:45 AM
You know its sad that some of those teenagers probably really buy into that and think that by lying to themselves they're doing some religious good.. life is too short to spend it unhappy with yourself.
But on the other hand I do beleive everybody has a right to choose how they want to live their life, whether they feel they'd be happier lying to themselves it's their life really..

Nicole Dupre
08-18-2011, 08:58 AM
You know its sad that some of those teenagers probably really buy into that and think that by lying to themselves they're doing some religious good.. life is too short to spend it unhappy with yourself.
But on the other hand I do beleive everybody has a right to choose how they want to live their life, whether they feel they'd be happier lying to themselves it's their life really..
When you see how bullying led to the suicides of of young gay people, it's pretty unforgivable for some dumbass redneck to trick them into outing themselves before they were ready. Can you imagine what their lives will be like now, in some bumfuck town where they prematurely outed themselves at a moment of confusion? Unless they were just actors, that guy is actually a bigger piece of shit than he already proved himself to be. But when you're that much of a dick, that's like splitting hairs.