PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about tattoos?

seamonkey
08-16-2011, 01:44 AM
What are your opinions about tattoos? Hate them, love them, like them a bit, indifferent?

Do you feel differently about them on guys vs tgirls?

Personally, I prefer no tattoos at all on tigirls, though I have a small one on my right shoulder blade. One or two tastefully done on an arm, back, or lower leg is OK, though, and can even be a turn on if done right. What is a definite turn-off for me are the extensive, multi-color jobs that cover almost the entire arm, back, torso, or whatever. They distract me from the natural beauty of the body. I recognize the artistry involved, but they don't do it for me sexually.

Also, tattoos have been very popular for about twenty years now. Are there any signs of the trend lessening? Or is it expanding? I am not in a position to tell.

dgs925
08-16-2011, 02:00 AM
I prefer without tattoos if given a choice.

But then again, it depends on the girl. I think that what beauty Britney Boykins had is long gone now, and never coming back. But I think Nicole is one of the sexiest human beings on the planet - that could just be the submissive in me though.

mikelpo
08-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Not fussed

jgud051
08-16-2011, 02:06 AM
I respect anyone who gets a tattoo that has true dept & meaning to the person. When it is without merit is when i start to stray

mikelpo
08-16-2011, 02:13 AM
I respect anyone who gets a tattoo that has true dept & meaning to the person. When it is without merit is when i start to stray

Good call mate,
My mum died 20 years ago (I was 11) really hit me hard. Thinking of getting just her name on me wrist. Dunno though?

TempestTS
08-16-2011, 02:36 AM
How do I feel about them... Kinda tingly all over. Soft flesh and needles what's not to fall in love with... I might even consider the Ink part optional

Im not Evil but Ive been hanging out with Evil quite a bit lately so its starting to rub off.

Willie Escalade
08-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Love them...especially tramp-stamps. Sleeves are hot as well, when done right. Ryder's is EXCELLENT!

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 02:41 AM
I honestly think that tattoos on girls scare certain guys a little. Guys in big cities are never phased, and often have exceptionally good tattoo work themselves.

People always fear and reject what their brains can't process right away. It's just human nature. And it's the same thing with trannys. A guy's dick has it's own opinion when the guy sees a woman he finds attractive, but the big head worries about if he suddenly became "gay". :2cent

lisaparadise
08-16-2011, 02:59 AM
I honestly think that tattoos on girls scare certain guys a little. Guys in big cities are never phased, and often have exceptionally good tattoo work themselves.

People always fear and reject what their brains can't process right away. It's just human nature. And it's the same thing with trannys. A guy's dick has it's own opinion when the guy sees a woman he finds attractive, but the big head worries about if he suddenly became "gay". :2centi just looked at your site i have to say im in love with that body work you had done great job. i want one on my back a nice colourfull one.

onmyknees
08-16-2011, 03:02 AM
i just looked at your site i have to say im in love with that body work you had done great job. i want one on my back a nice colourfull one.

Hey...LP is back !!!!!!!!!! :Bowdown:
You were missed by me for sure.( but I can't say the same for Dino and Corvette...lol)

lisaparadise
08-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Hey...LP is back !!!!!!!!!! :Bowdown:
You were missed by me for sure.( but I can't say the same for Dino and Corvette...lol)awe tx babe did those two finally admit there lovers and get married?

onmyknees
08-16-2011, 03:10 AM
What are your opinions about tattoos? Hate them, love them, like them a bit, indifferent?

Do you feel differently about them on guys vs tgirls?

Personally, I prefer no tattoos at all on tigirls, though I have a small one on my right shoulder blade. One or two tastefully done on an arm, back, or lower leg is OK, though, and can even be a turn on if done right. What is a definite turn-off for me are the extensive, multi-color jobs that cover almost the entire arm, back, torso, or whatever. They distract me from the natural beauty of the body. I recognize the artistry involved, but they don't do it for me sexually.

Also, tattoos have been very popular for about twenty years now. Are there any signs of the trend lessening? Or is it expanding? I am not in a position to tell.

I guess I like them on guys...if that guy is me. I have enough of them ! I can't speak about other guys.. dudes don't usually fawn over each others tats...lol... but I know that's not what you meant.

On women...there is no such thing as too may tats....as long as they're not those WW II style that look like a jack hammer slammed them in !
I was with a girl the other night that had Italian poetry in a script on the back of her leg from the knee to the ankle. I have no idea what it said, but I loved it !

onmyknees
08-16-2011, 03:12 AM
awe tx babe did those two finally admit there lovers and get married?

No baby...I think they actually admitted they loved you ...and mentioned something about a 3 way... !! LMAO

fred41
08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
I love tats...I don't have any (never too late though...love to get some black n gray done)...but I have had the honor of drawing up a few that now adorn some bodies...all of which had deep meaning for them.

I get the feeling that some guys don't like em on girls because they're intimidated by them...as if it somehow ruins their ideal of femininity...maybe I'm wrong but that's what I get from some of the posts I have read in the past both on this site and others.

...but honestly, some of the guys' idea of femininity (and one or two of the girls too...won't mention any names)...are sooooo Victorian that it's almost unreal...lol.

...while I'm on the subject though...I do have a pet peeve...I hate those earplugs that people get. They just seem way to faddish to me...thankfully it's usually guys that get em.

lisaparadise
08-16-2011, 03:30 AM
No baby...I think they actually admitted they loved you ...and mentioned something about a 3 way... !! LMAOlol im shocked lol

Buzz
08-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Everyone has their own taste and there is no right or wrong answer. But since this is a poll I voted the last option. I don't want a female version of a longshoreman.

I have a friend who once strongly wanted to tattoo her boyfriend's name on her breast. I convinced her not to. She later broke up with him. She's been very grateful that I convinced her to not get that tattoo.

That's the other thing about tattoos. Will you still like it 10 years from now? 20?

And it's not just the design, but also the location. Neck tattoos? Words spelled out on your fingers? That's some ugly shit, and you can't hide it later if you one day change your mind.

onmyknees
08-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Everyone has their own taste and there is no right or wrong answer. But since this is a poll I voted the last option. I don't want a female version of a longshoreman.

I have a friend who once strongly wanted to tattoo her boyfriend's name on her breast. I convinced her not to. She later broke up with him. She's been very grateful that I convinced her to not get that tattoo.

That's the other thing about tattoos. Will you still like it 10 years from now? 20?

And it's not just the design, but also the location. Neck tattoos? Words spelled out on your fingers? That's some ugly shit, and you can't hide it later if you one day change your mind.

You're assuming we intend to grow old gracefully? LOL

And if you're comfortable with the decesions you've made in your life at 30 or 40...why would you feel any different at 60? Because the fellas at the senior center bingo hall and the bacchi ball court say so?? lol

If that's what's in store for me.....no thanks !!!!!!!

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 05:01 AM

Obviously, I don't agree with most of what you said. But I do agree on one thing. You NEVER get your BF or GF's name tattooed on yourself. That's something you reserve for your blood relatives, like your parents or kids. Tattoo shops make a fortune covering up people's ex's names. lol

King_Krollen
08-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Megan Massacre, Kat Von D, that chick Bombshell that broke up Jesse James and Sandra Bullock... as long as she keeps her hair coveing her forehead. Tatt's across the forehead are tacky, a few stars on the temple are ok though. Morgan Bailey, although the tatt's on her ass confuse me, is pretty rockin also... A girl doesn't HAVE to have tatts in order for me to find her attractive, I'm just not turned off by them.

BraveHeartz
08-16-2011, 06:35 AM
More the merrier. Nicole is a walking masterpiece.

Stavros
08-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Tattoos to me are related to cultural practices, or used to be: the two most obvious are related to the criminal underworld, and magic. Any of you who have seen Japanese films dealing with the Yakuza will be aware that Yakuza culture can be expressed in tattoos, particularly on the back. Prison cultures across the world generate tattoos, this is true in Latin America and also in the Middle east, and may explain why some middle class people shrink back from a tattooed body. Concentration camp victims also had numbers tattooed on their arms.

In the Middle East where Bedouin women -years ago not sure about today- have/had facial tattoos as well as markings on the arms, there is a theory that it in pre-Islamic times it was part of magic or symbolic ritual, and designed to ward off evil spirits, and encourage fertility; and like many pre-Islamic rituals was carried over into the present day. The locus classical for this is Henry Field's Bodymarking in Southwestern Asia (1958.

I think in contemporary culture the tattoo has more complex causes, one of which is a profound unhappiness with the body and a belief that a tattoo will make a difference, but these days there are as many different causes as there are people willing to admit to them.

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Tattoos to me are related to cultural practices, or used to be: the two most obvious are related to the criminal underworld, and magic. Any of you who have seen Japanese films dealing with the Yakuza will be aware that Yakuza culture can be expressed in tattoos, particularly on the back. Prison cultures across the world generate tattoos, this is true in Latin America and also in the Middle east, and may explain why some middle class people shrink back from a tattooed body. Concentration camp victims also had numbers tattooed on their arms.

In the Middle East where Bedouin women -years ago not sure about today- have/had facial tattoos as well as markings on the arms, there is a theory that it in pre-Islamic times it was part of magic or symbolic ritual, and designed to ward off evil spirits, and encourage fertility; and like many pre-Islamic rituals was carried over into the present day. The locus classical for this is Henry Field's Bodymarking in Southwestern Asia (1958.

I think in contemporary culture the tattoo has more complex causes, one of which is a profound unhappiness with the body and a belief that a tattoo will make a difference, but these days there are as many different causes as there are people willing to admit to them.
Can we please keep the extremely limited history lesson on the subject of tattooing out of the Boner Section of the forum?

You just dumped shit on me for about 5 sentences' worth of kidding in the Politic & Religion Section of the forum, to the point where I'll never post there again, with you breathing down my neck. Thank you.

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Is the geek gone yet?

moloch
08-16-2011, 06:57 AM
I love a tramp stamp. Everytime i seen one on a girl in the street it gives me a semi

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 07:01 AM
a profound unhappiness with the body and a belief that a tattoo will make a difference*cougholdgeeknotgettinglaidcough

theone1982
08-16-2011, 07:06 AM
What is the big deal with tattoos here on HA? Damn! Some people act like a girl getting a tattoo is the equivalent of her growing a third arm! Is it really that big of a concern? I find tattoos on women to be incredibly sexy, and have no problem with a girl having them. One of my exs had a stylized flower on the back of her neck and I always remember that every time I saw it it drove me absolutely wild. But in the end, whether you like or you don't like it, if you like the girl, you should learn to love it, because it's really her choice, and dictating what they should have, to me, smacks of being an ultra control freak. But, to each their own, I guess.:wiggle:

Stavros
08-16-2011, 07:54 AM
You just dumped shit on me for about 5 sentences' worth of kidding in the Politic & Religion Section of the forum, to the point where I'll never post there again, with you breathing down my neck. Thank you.

My request for more civility in the Politics & Religion board was not aimed at you personally, so please don't get upset with that. Your views there are always welcome so I hope you will not be absent too long. It thrives on debate.

gaysian71
08-16-2011, 08:00 AM
I love tattoos. I think they are very sexy. I guess Nicole probably has the most of all the girls here, she looks super hot!! I could spend hours just examining her tattoos.

Jericho
08-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
a profound unhappiness with the body and a belief that a tattoo will make a difference*cougholdgeeknotgettinglaidcough

Damn, time to get that six-pack tattooed! :lol:
You're way out there, Stav, mate!

Nicole Dupre
08-16-2011, 09:35 PM

My request for more civility in the Politics & Religion board was not aimed at you personally, so please don't get upset with that. Your views there are always welcome so I hope you will not be absent too long. It thrives on debate.
Pfffffffft.

Thanks, but no thanks. I've got better things to do than listen to OMK regurgitating Fox News propaganda or Russtaffa bragging that he's a Australian neo-Nazi.

You waltzed onto this thread with some half-ass pop psychology on tattooing, and inferred that people get them because they secretly have inferiority complexes. So spare me the pseudo-intellectual bullshit. You aren't "welcoming" me, and you know it.

onmyknees
08-17-2011, 01:41 AM
ND is making friends and influencing people again I see.? lol ........I like ND, but I've "rebutted" her pretty hard lately. Yea.....I was way outta line from what I gather...I called her a lib (gasp) ...Funny thing...She doesn't handle disagreement all that well....in case you hadn't noticed.....it's her way or the highway.
But don't worry about her being gone too long. She has a whole library of Bachmann You Tube vids she's yet to post and I can't see her letting them go to waste. lol

seamonkey
08-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Can we please get back on topic and not get into a flame war?

Nicole Dupre
08-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Can we please get back on topic and not get into a flame war?
That's fine with me. I didn't ask big brain here for the half-ass history lesson.

Mz.Brownsugah
08-17-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm too scary to get any of my own but I do think that they can be sexy on the right body.

tsnajwa
08-18-2011, 08:17 AM
I like tattoos.. I wouldnt be such an avid BME enthusiast if I didn't.. but at the same time there are alot of people who have such meaningless tattoos that it's like "why"?
I can respect somebody that has given thought into their tattoos and the artwork is nice, but seriously omg I get angry when I see tribal tattoos.. or the typical west coast douche mma guys with tattoos.

lisaparadise
08-18-2011, 02:08 PM
i want more tats damn it

Nashvegas
08-18-2011, 03:00 PM
The easiest way I can say this, is that I like some tattoos on some people. I don't have strong feelings for or against them, but for me it just depends on the person and if it works or not.

russtafa
08-18-2011, 06:16 PM
In New Zealand tattoo's are linked with Maori culture and gang culture so the middle class Kiwi's don't go in for it