01-07-2006, 05:56 AM
God damn I love this show.

Mugai_hentaisha
01-07-2006, 05:58 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quinn
01-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Unfortunately, I missed it. However, thanks to my DVR, I can watch it when I return to NYC after two weeks of hell in PA. Lets hear it for technology.

-Quinn

TgirlloverinPA
01-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Unfortunately, I missed it. However, thanks to my DVR, I can watch it when I return to NYC after two weeks of hell in PA. Lets hear it for technology.

-QuinnHey, I resent that comment about PA! OK in my next post I give away the entire plot! Evil laugh!

Quinn
01-07-2006, 06:49 AM

-QuinnHey, I resent that comment about PA! OK in my next post I give away the entire plot! Evil laugh!

LOL. I should have been more specific in my inane rantings. The hell part lies not in my being in PA (I actually own a vacation property here), it lies in the renovation I am currently overseeing to an apartment building I bought here last year. Too much work sucks and stuff.

-Quinn

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
01-07-2006, 06:56 AM
shut down everything to watch it, can't believe that bitch is a cylon.......................oh well, she was evil enough

Jasadin
01-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Dammit! I missed it!I gotta go ahead an get a dvr.I'm surprised that I like BG as much as Farscape.

TomSelis
01-07-2006, 08:26 AM
It's on again...

Jasadin
01-07-2006, 08:28 AM
thankxxxs:)

Realgirls4me
01-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Like "Lost", I only saw one or two shows and got behind on it. I liked what little I viewed, but I miss the appearance of Cylons. I know they've murphed into something else today, but c'mon, show them! I don't think I've seen one.

:(

BlackAdder
01-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Well...thats kinda that whole points...Cylons wouldnt be those big, clunky, ineffectice models anymore....Im sure they have warforms though.....But again, theyd look nothing like the old ones lol...

Mugai_hentaisha
01-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Well...thats kinda that whole points...Cylons wouldnt be those big, clunky, ineffectice models anymore....Im sure they have warforms though.....But again, theyd look nothing like the old ones lol...

Interesting note:

In the Miniseries you get to see a schematic (sp) right at the beginning of the orginial series cylon and on the Galactica right after the Cylon attack you see an orginial as a museum display exhibit.

so far 3 types of Cylons on the new series

1. The Cylon raiders themselves
2. The combat model (you seen them alot in 2.0)
3. The human lookalikes I think there are 12 of them (not sure) so far we have seen Boomer cylon, the male cylon, Six, and the lucy lawless cylon

brickcitybrother
01-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh damn ... gotta catch up.

TomSelis
01-07-2006, 08:09 PM
They had the soldier models on a few episodes, especially the Boomer and Helo on Caprica episodes and the episodes where they got on the Galactica. They kind of look like the old cylons with the red eye, but they're more CGI than humans in aluminum armor. I'm thinking they don't show them as much to save money.

I'm surprised this isn't on a major network. It keeps getting better.

Realgirls4me
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Regardless of how much they've updated and improved th new version, I still miss my old Cuisinart friends with the roving eye ... Yes, Tom, it probably is a cost cutting measure.

:(

Ecstatic
01-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Frak! What a show! I was out to a concert with friends last night, so I taped it and watched it tonight. Outstanding! The best sci-fi show since Farscape (though I have to give some props to SG1: by bringing Ben Browder and Claudia Black onboard, that show has finally gotten interesting--no BG, but much better than the first 10 seasons or so).

joyboy123
01-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks everybody for the heads up on this new series. I downloaded all the back espisodes from Itunes and haven't been dissapointed.

Mugai_hentaisha
01-14-2006, 05:52 AM
Wow what an episode tonight

same as last week

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quinn
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Wow what an episode tonight

same as last week

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosign.

-Quinn

Ecstatic
01-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Totally unexpected after last week's buildup. I mean, I knew what was going down...but man was I wrong in guessing who was responsible.

One of the best shows on TV.

hal3000
01-14-2006, 07:48 PM
In Germany it starts on 01. Feb.... Is it really so good??? :?: :?:

Tiff_in_a_Skirt
01-14-2006, 08:12 PM
So the president dies and VP Baltar becomes president with a Cylon mistress?

Ecstatic
01-14-2006, 10:53 PM
So the president dies and VP Baltar becomes president with a Cylon mistress?
Could be, but hasn't happened yet. I don't want to reveal any spoilers for the sake of guys like hal3000 who haven't seen it yet. And yes, it really is that good, hal. Considering how god-awful the original series was, it's amazing.

seejeffgo
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
I might be a nut but I wait until they replay it on glorious Universal HD. I'll see these episodes in 6 months!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-26-2007, 05:19 AM
the show just ended and the sci-fi forum is so overloaded that the database shut down

Starbuck is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the final four cylons have been revealed

and we're fucked til 2008

let the theories begin

Quinn
03-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Notice they showed four of the final five. Why????? Who is the fifth of the final five. Starbuck???? someone or something else?? Either way, that was an interesting twist. Saul's answer as to what to when they all figured it out was awesome.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot. What the fuck is with this 2008 shit? What is this the Sopranos with a season every decade or two? Not happy.

-Quinn

Tabitha Storm
03-26-2007, 06:25 AM
I love this show

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
03-26-2007, 06:35 AM
AWESOME SEASON FINALE! ThOSE ARE THE FINAL 5 Cylons? Who's the fifth one? I think ( in my opinion ) that it's President Rosalind.I mean she's the one having these drug induced dreams and Hallucinations.Can't be Baltar cause he's "THE CHOSEN ONE".I really don't think it's Starbuck either.If it's not President Rosalind,then through a certain process of elimination,it should either be Apollo or Commander Adama himself.We won't know for another year which is killing me.

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
03-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Glad to see there are other sci-fi buffs here. My favorites are: Star Trek,Farscape,Battlestar Galactica,and of course Star Wars.I love J.R.R.Tolkien as well and reread all his books every 2 years as if I was reading them for the first time,however;I don't consider his works to be sci-fi.

merlyn
03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Baltar's lawyer seemed not to need his cane awfully quick after the case was over. He just sat it down talked to Apollo and walked away without a hitch in his gallop. Cylon?

Alison Faraday
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Now I have to admit that I do quite like BSG. I'm certainly not a determined fan though as it can drift a bit. You can have a few episodes which are brilliant, and then some that are just so wishy washy.

There is a real ambiance and poignance to some of it though. When the Chief killed his wife was one of those moments. I also liked the one with the Pegasus and Kane (Ensign Ro from STNG) in it. The Admiral is Costello from the old Miami Vice series.

Overall it's a good programme but you never quite know what you're going to be getting next, good or bad. That's the only problem with it, inconsistancy.

SG1 on the other hand. That always remained nicey nicey friendly family goody goody consistant, save the world. :) The final episode kind of reflected that. It wasn't all double episodes of fighting and special effects, but really a very nice story wrapping up the genre of what SG was. Vala.. "You do like girls?" Vala I'll miss as I liked her alot, very silly.

24. That's maybe drifting a little bit too. Still good yes, but becoming a bit predictable, well mostly. Certainly doesn't have the same unknown feel as the 1st and 2nd days had.

Alot of this stuff I'm not watching as much as I used to and sometimes go for days without watching television. Television just isn't the same as it used to be, all grabbing for ratings.

The female Cylon's are pretty hot that must be said, certainly good encouragement for the gym. Bitch!!
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/images/cast/cast_six.jpg

Number 3 is definitely the one that I aspire to, much darker and very dangerous, she'd kill you and enjoy it. In my eyes much more attractive than Number 6;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/BattlestarGalactica_--_3x03_-_Exodus_P1.jpg

The God and religion thing confuses me in BSG though. I think the cylons just have a desire to be loved.

Baltar though. He's just a pathetic little excuse for a man. Back him into a corner and he'd tell you anything that he thought you wanted to hear. Very shallow and weak minded.

TomSelis
03-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Now I have to admit that I do quite like BSG. I'm certainly not a determined fan though as it can drift a bit. You can have a few episodes which are brilliant, and then some that are just so wishy washy.

There is a real ambiance and poignance to some of it though. When the Chief killed his wife was one of those moments. I also liked the one with the Pegasus and Kane (Ensign Ro from STNG) in it. The Admiral is Costello from the old Miami Vice series.

Overall it's a good programme but you never quite know what you're going to be getting next, good or bad. That's the only problem with it, inconsistancy.

SG1 on the other hand. That always remained nicey nicey friendly family goody goody consistant, save the world. :) The final episode kind of reflected that. It wasn't all double episodes of fighting and special effects, but really a very nice story wrapping up the genre of what SG was. Vala.. "You do like girls?" Vala I'll miss as I liked her alot, very silly.

24. That's maybe drifting a little bit too. Still good yes, but becoming a bit predictable, well mostly. Certainly doesn't have the same unknown feel as the 1st and 2nd days had.

Alot of this stuff I'm not watching as much as I used to and sometimes go for days without watching television. Television just isn't the same as it used to be, all grabbing for ratings.

The female Cylon's are pretty hot that must be said, certainly good encouragement for the gym. Bitch!!
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/images/cast/cast_six.jpg

Number 3 is definitely the one that I aspire to, much darker and very dangerous, she'd kill you and enjoy it. In my eyes much more attractive than Number 6;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/BattlestarGalactica_--_3x03_-_Exodus_P1.jpg

The God and religion thing confuses me in BSG though. I think the cylons just have a desire to be loved.

Baltar though. He's just a pathetic little excuse for a man. Back him into a corner and he'd tell you anything that he thought you wanted to hear. Very shallow and weak minded.

I was kind of disappointed in this season. The "All along the Watchtower" thing was a little too out there for me. This season was a little too bizarre. It started very strong with Adama dropping the ship on the planet, then it got to be like watching LOST.

Lone Wolf
03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Nothing compares to the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, this new version is a bunch of crap

cshkuru
03-27-2007, 04:56 AM
At least thats my theory.

Here is how I see it:

1. Starbuck dropped through a wormhole to to the Ionoan nebula and then on to Earth space emerging from the eye of Jupiter. (ion is a moon of Jupiter hence the connection) When she dropped thru she opened the wormhole.

2. The music is actually a transmission from Earth. The Galactica is just acting like a huge antenna and amplifying the signal.

3. Tyrol isn't a cylon cause the preacher cylon told him he wasn't. "I've never seen you at any of the meetings" The four of them are just extremely paranoid.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Baltar's lawyer seemed not to need his cane awfully quick after the case was over. He just sat it down talked to Apollo and walked away without a hitch in his gallop. Cylon?

nope, just a really good actor..................... the loss of the cane was a jab at how much Grandfather Adama was an asshole

Nothing compares to the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, this new version is a bunch of crap

yeah ok........................ the original creator of the show signs on to tell the story how he really wanted to tell it, not how ABC wanted it to be seen to keep it a family show and you call it crap............... priceless

So Starbuck being a dude who gets lost in space on a deserted planet at the end and the reverse engineering of the human race [remember they went from grown adults to children in the original show]; let's not forget Baltar being a rambling idiot that LED the cylons who in the original show were a bunch of dependent idiots made for better television?!?!?!?!?!?!????
ugh

ThOSE ARE THE FINAL 5 Cylons? Who's the fifth one? I think ( in my opinion ) that it's President Rosalind.

nope: it's someone that one of the 3's
came in contact with....................... I have a theory as to who it is but it will be nice to see what others come up with.

Legend
03-27-2007, 06:34 AM

co-signed luckily it's suppose to end on the fourth season.

BlackAdder
03-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Anyone who thinks the old BSG is better then the new one seriously has some shit for brains...

partlycloudy
04-12-2008, 12:08 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/6dwf1g.jpg

anybody watching the final season? any guesses on who the final cylon is?

:popcorn

Tiff_in_a_Skirt
04-12-2008, 05:14 AM
What about the hottest Cylon of them all?

Tiff_in_a_Skirt
04-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Grace Park

bulldog
04-12-2008, 05:49 AM
I would rather have sci-fi bring back Stargate SG-1

partlycloudy
04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
What about the hottest Cylon of them all?

number 6 is hotter. number 8 looks good in the pics you posted but she looks pretty ordinary when you watch her on the show.

Alyssa87
05-05-2008, 05:39 AM
im searching online for free streams.

is there a site i can watch the first season on? :(

ARMANIXXX
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I would rather have sci-fi bring back Stargate SG-1

__________________________________________________ _____________

Stargate SG-1 had it's best days years ago.

It was jumpin the shark already.......It was time.

stephenward
05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Personally, I'm not much of a fan of BSG, old or new. I find it to be a bit too much of a soap opera and less science fiction. Add to that the limiting story arc (i.e. find Earth or else... what?) and it just doesn't appeal to me much.

The imperative tone of the series suggests constant tension, which is difficult to maintain and ultimately, emotionally exhausting for the viewer. Lastly, the series seems to be more about the Cylons, their culture, their messianic objectives etc. Too bad. By explaining them, you remove their mystery, their unpredictability as well as their malevolence too a degree. Also, it's a shame to focus on the Cylons because the human side of the story has a great deal to offer which has been overlooked.

That said some episodes were good. The scar episode was excellent, as was the early episode with the constant jumps. Also, love the skinjob reference to Blade Runner.

partlycloudy
06-14-2008, 08:03 AM
:!: