PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson suggests God smote Sharon

NYCe
01-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Evangelist links Israeli leader's stroke to 'dividing God's land'

Thursday, January 5, 2006; Posted: 7:08 p.m. EST (00:08 GMT)

(CNN) -- Television evangelist Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, which Robertson opposed.

"He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,'" Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, "The 700 Club."

"God says, 'This land belongs to me, and you'd better leave it alone,'" he said.

Robertson's show airs on the ABC Family cable network and claims about 1 million viewers daily.

Sharon, 77, clung to life in a Jerusalem hospital Thursday after surgery to treat a severe stroke, his doctors said.

The prime minister, who withdrew Israeli settlers and troops from Gaza and parts of the West Bank last summer over heated objections from his own Likud Party, was breathing with the aid of a ventilator after doctors operated to stop the bleeding in his brain.

In Washington, President Bush offered praise for Sharon in a speech on Thursday.

"We pray for his recovery," Bush said. "He's a good man, a strong man. A man who cared deeply about the security of the Israeli people, and a man who had a vision for peace. May God bless him."

Daniel Ayalon, Israel's ambassador to the United States, compared Robertson's remarks to the overheated rhetoric of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. (Full story)

He called the comments "outrageous" and said they were not something to expect "from any of our friends."

"He is a great friend of Israel and a great friend of Prime Minister Sharon himself, so I am very surprised," Ayalon told CNN.

Robertson, 75, founded the Christian Coalition and in 1988 failed in a bid for the Republican presidential nomination. He last stirred controversy in August, when he called for the assassination of Venezuela's president, Hugo Chavez. (Full story)

Robertson later apologized, but still compared Chavez to Hitler and former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in the process.

The same month, the Anti-Defamation League criticized Robertson for warning that God would "bring judgment" against Israel for its withdrawal from Gaza, which it had occupied since the 1967 Mideast war.

Robertson said Thursday that Sharon was "a very likable person, and I am sad to see him in this condition."

He linked Sharon's health problems to the 1995 assassination of Israeli leader Yitzhak Rabin, who signed the Oslo peace accords that granted limited self-rule to Palestinians.

"It was a terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless, now he's dead," Robertson said.

Rabin was gunned down by a religious student opposed to the Oslo accords. The killer, Yigal Amir, admitted to the crime and was sentenced to life in prison.

Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, criticized Robertson's comments Thursday, saying the televangelist "has a political agenda for the entire world."

"He seems to think God is ready to take out any world leader who stands in the way of that agenda," Lynn said in a written statement.

"A religious leader should not be making callous political points while a man is struggling for his life," he said. "I'm appalled."

Ralph Neas, president of liberal advocacy group People for the American Way, said "it is astonishing that Pat Robertson still wields substantial influence" in the Republican Party.

"Once again, Pat Robertson leaves us speechless with his insensitivity and arrogance," Neas said in a written statement.

According to The Associated Press, Robertson spokeswoman Angell Watts said of people who criticized the comments: "What they're basically saying is, 'How dare Pat Robertson quote the Bible?'"

"This is what the word of God says," Watts told the AP. "This is nothing new to the Christian community."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

chefmike
01-06-2006, 02:44 PM
typical...

Mugai_hentaisha
01-06-2006, 02:47 PM
ole Patty boy sure has issues

I think he is so "out of it" that he just spouts off then goes back and tries to do damage control.

I am suprised it hasn't had more effect on his minsteries. After basically damning a City, calling for someone to be killed, damning a community, and now saying Sharon's condition is all in his God's name. His idea of God isn't even in league with most Christianity. But then again most of Patty boy's followers are of the BLIND Faith variety. Probably more of the BLIND, DEAF, and DUMB followers if the truth be known.

To a more skepticial mind it might suggest that there is no god, for Pattyboy still sucks air, because if there was one or more then they would have smited him by now.

George Costanza
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I say Festivus for the rest of us!

yourdaddy
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
So when Pat Robertson quotes scripture, it's a mortal sin to progressives. Yet, when a school principal in Afghanistan, is beheaded for teaching classes for girls, and his wife and 8 children are forced to watch, where are the libs then? I left the damn dem party because of it's hypocritical ways. Looks like nothing has changed.

yourdaddy
01-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left J>"YOU FUCKING IDIOT". You are a bunch of chicken-shit cowards, who will gladly jump on any Christian's statements, but don't have the balls to criticize the islamists or the wahabbi's for anything they do or say.

hwbs
01-06-2006, 08:21 PM
sometimes i feel that some of these posters are lost......the 700 club is 3 doors down the hallway and to the left..... :lol:

TrueBeauty TS
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
So when Pat Robertson quotes scripture, it's a mortal sin to progressives. Yet, when a school principal in Afghanistan, is beheaded for teaching classes for girls, and his wife and 8 children are forced to watch, where are the libs then? I left the damn dem party because of it's hypocritical ways. Looks like nothing has changed.

What are you talking about? Liberals and Democrats endorse beheading??? I personally don't know ANYONE (liberal, conservative, democrat or republican) that thinks beheading a school principal is OK. (Unless maybe he was teaching a school of terrorists?)

When did this beheading take place?

scipio
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM

He didn't quote scripture. At least not in that article.

Unless "God says, 'This land belongs to me, and you'd better leave it alone,'" is scripture. Funny, I don't seem to remember that line from the bible.

Maybe it's from "The Gospel of Pat".

BeardedOne
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Who said Pat Robertson endorses beheading? :shock:

chefmike
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Someone beheaded Pat Robertson? Oh dear. I think being struck by a bolt of lightning might have been more appropriate, but whatever works...

south ov da border
01-06-2006, 10:13 PM
he's just one of those people who says outlandish things because he has a big audience. Runs his mouth on some "my God is better than yours"... ish

always talking some dumb stuff......

Andrew Johnson
01-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Robertson is daffy! I think he's getting worse with age too. A lot of the crap he's been comming out with lately is so out there, I think he's got dementia or something. I'd be willing to bet that even a lot of his followers think he is off base.

chefmike
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I'd be willing to bet that even a lot of his followers think he is off base.

Not bloody likely, mate. You're giving em WAY too much credit.

Quinn
01-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Robertson is daffy! I think he's getting worse with age too. A lot of the crap he's been comming out with lately is so out there, I think he's got dementia or something. I'd be willing to bet that even a lot of his followers think he is off base.

Cosign.

-Quinn

shemalejunky
01-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah, J is a fucking idiot, ditto that! Provide some insight before running your mouth of as usual. I believe yourdaddy was referring to that fact that the Dems are not consistent in the battles they choose and thereby are not consistent in much that argue for....basically their motto is, along with their fellow lib-lefters is "If we yell louder, we win all arguments....even if we don't know what we are saying." Sad, but typical.

fishman33
01-07-2006, 01:50 AM
I'd be willing to bet that even a lot of his followers think he is off base.

Not bloody likely, mate. You're giving em WAY too much credit.

Agreed, Chef. I personally enjoy Pattie-boy. The fact that anyone can be that fucking insane and yet he A) has followers and B) cause a media storm with what he says on a semi-annual basis amazes me. Kinda cracks me up, if you know what I mean. Did think it was unfair to out Tinkie Winkie in public like that though, poor bastard.

The American Nightmare
01-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Let me see if I can get this straight.

A poster comments on the idiocy of Robertson's statements. Yourdaddy and Shemalejunky go off on a "stupid liberals" rant.

So, care to explain what's up with these >> Stupid Liberals? << (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/06/bush.robertson.ap/index.html)

TrueBeauty TS
01-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Yeah, J is a fucking idiot, ditto that! Provide some insight before running your mouth of as usual. I believe yourdaddy was referring to that fact that the Dems are not consistent in the battles they choose and thereby are not consistent in much that argue for....basically their motto is, along with their fellow lib-lefters is "If we yell louder, we win all arguments....even if we don't know what we are saying." Sad, but typical.

You gotta be kidding me. You think the Republicans are consistent in the battles THEY choose??? Let's see... we want to bring democracy to the middle east (and the rest of the world). So let's attack the most Westernized middle eastern country. What about Saudia Arabia??? Oh.... wait, the Bush family is close friends with the Saudi royal family. Let's just ignore them.

This whole administration's policy (and the few ultra right-wing, conservative wacko zealots on this board) is to tell lies loud and often. If you tell lies often enough and loud enough, people start to believe them as fact. That's how they bamboozle most of the country. Most of the country still thinks Iraq was responsible for 911, even though the majority of the hijackers were Saudi.

chefmike
01-07-2006, 02:02 AM

You gotta be kidding me. You think the Republicans are consistent in the battles THEY choose??? Let's see... we want to bring democracy to the middle east (and the rest of the world). So let's attack the most Westernized middle eastern country. What about Saudia Arabia??? Oh.... wait, the Bush family is close friends with the Saudi royal family. Let's just ignore them.

This whole administration's policy (and the few ultra right-wing, conservative wacko zealots on this board) is to tell lies loud and often. If you tell lies often enough and loud enough, people start to believe them as fact. That's how they bamboozle most of the country. Most of the country still thinks Iraq was responsible for 911, even though the majority of the hijackers were Saudi.

As Pat "crazier than a shithouse rat" would say, fuckin-amen-right!

Realgirls4me
01-07-2006, 02:13 AM

You want some consistency, Junkfuck ? How's this for consistency: You freepers claim to be pro-life, but won't dare question a president's policies about an unpopular, illegal, and unwarranted war with a country that had done nothing to this country and has cost the lives -- lives -- of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis and some 2200 American GIs. Is there a question as to whether any of the aforementioned were human lives ? Along those lines, what is consistent about claiming to be pro-life, and yet against social programs for unwanted children, or children from single family parents ? How many of these abortion clinic bombing freepers are fighting tooth and nail to adopt the children they claim to be protecting for example ? Want more ???

Yeah, those Lefties such as Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly don't shout, spin, distort, lie, or talk over people. Many from your side like those I just mentioned don't know the meaning of civil discourse. Ann Coulter is rational and civil ??? What world are you living in, beside the one you're in currently where you can't hear, see, and reason ?

Realgirls4me
01-07-2006, 02:17 AM

A poster comments on the idiocy of Robertson's statements. Yourdaddy and Shemalejunky go off on a "stupid liberals" rant.

So, care to explain what's up with these >> Stupid Liberals? << (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/06/bush.robertson.ap/index.html)

LOL! I want to see how they spin this ?

General124
01-07-2006, 04:23 AM

That's the MO. I haven't been here long, but it's easy to see. Sad really. Their leader (Dubya) losses his base so there's nothing left to do but insult everyone that disagrees with them.

Sad...

Felicia Katt
01-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Yourdaddy, do you ever actually read anything for yourself, or do you just parrot what you hear from the right wing?

The section Robertson is paraphrasing not quoting is from Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 23 and 24 which provide as follows:

"23 " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants.
24 Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land

so, even reading it out of context it doesn't really support Robertson's position. They could give it away, or give a long term lease, or retain rights in the land. But when you consider it in context, Robertson's argument is even flimsier.

That section of Leviticus is a schedule for land management setting forth a time frame where every 7th year no crops are to be grown and where every 50 years there will be a jubilee

10 Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each one of you is to return to his family property and each to his own clan.
11 The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines.
12 For it is a jubilee and is to be holy for you; eat only what is taken directly from the fields
13 " 'In this Year of Jubilee everyone is to return to his own property

Now, I don't recall the Israeli's shutting down all their agriculture every 7 years or massively relocating everyone into clans when they were there for 50 years.

The section paraphrased by Robertson is also followed by this language:'
35 If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.
36 Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countryman may continue to live among you.
37 You must not lend him money at interest or sell him food at a profit.

I'm pretty sure that there are no interest free loans or not for profit supermarkets in Israel either.

Its also noteworthy that the section about "this land is mine" is preceded by the following:

'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land."

Its clear those decrees are not being followed. But maybe, just maybe, the decree that is being followed is more important.; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is more likely to lead to safety than throwing a great party every 50 years.

This portion of Leviticus also contains the following:
44 " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
46 You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

I'm pretty sure that slavery is not exactly in vogue in Israel now. But their right to have and keep slaves and pass them on to their heirs is a lot more explictly expressed than any prohibition on using their land to try to forge peace and safety

Now, consider the source, Robertson sided with Falwell when he blamed 9-11 on feminists, pro-choice people and homosexuals. Robertson blamed Katrina on jazz music: "New Orleans asked for this tragedy by advertising itself as a destination for jazz music. As every Christian knows, jazz music is sinful and lures people into eternal damnation". He prayed for Supreme court justices he disagreed with to die,. He called for the assassination of the President of Venezuela. so much for Thou shall not kill. He said that Gay Pride days at Disney World would "bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." He said that the Ellen Degeneres show would be struck by an earthquake. He suggested that Dover Pa. would be visited by disaster for voting out a school board that had tried to insert intelligent design into the science curriculum. He accused Presbyterians, Methodists and Episcolians of being the spirit of the anti-christ.

Yourdaddy, did you really want to stand side by side with him? Because I doubt he would stand by you if he knew you were here.

FK

General124
01-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Yourdaddy, do you ever actually read anything for yourself, or do you just parrot what you hear from the right wing?

The section Robertson is paraphrasing not quoting is from Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 23 and 24 which provide as follows:

"23 " 'The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants.
24 Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land

so, even reading it out of context it doesn't really support Robertson's position. They could give it away, or give a long term lease, or retain rights in the land. But when you consider it in context, Robertson's argument is even flimsier.

That section of Leviticus is a schedule for land management setting forth a time frame where every 7th year no crops are to be grown and where every 50 years there will be a jubilee

10 Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each one of you is to return to his family property and each to his own clan.
11 The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines.
12 For it is a jubilee and is to be holy for you; eat only what is taken directly from the fields
13 " 'In this Year of Jubilee everyone is to return to his own property

Now, I don't recall the Israeli's shutting down all their agriculture every 7 years or massively relocating everyone into clans when they were there for 50 years.

The section paraphrased by Robertson is also followed by this language:'
35 If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.
36 Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countryman may continue to live among you.
37 You must not lend him money at interest or sell him food at a profit.

I'm pretty sure that there are no interest free loans or not for profit supermarkets in Israel either.

Its also noteworthy that the section about "this land is mine" is preceded by the following:

'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land."

Its clear those decrees are not being followed. But maybe, just maybe, the decree that is being followed is more important.; Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is more likely to lead to safety than throwing a great party every 50 years.

This portion of Leviticus also contains the following:
44 " 'Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
46 You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

I'm pretty sure that slavery is not exactly in vogue in Israel now. But their right to have and keep slaves and pass them on to their heirs is a lot more explictly expressed than any prohibition on using their land to try to forge peace and safety

Now, consider the source, Robertson sided with Falwell when he blamed 9-11 on feminists, pro-choice people and homosexuals. Robertson blamed Katrina on jazz music: "New Orleans asked for this tragedy by advertising itself as a destination for jazz music. As every Christian knows, jazz music is sinful and lures people into eternal damnation". He prayed for Supreme court justices he disagreed with to die,. He called for the assassination of the President of Venezuela. so much for Thou shall not kill. He said that Gay Pride days at Disney World would "bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor." He said that the Ellen Degeneres show would be struck by an earthquake. He suggested that Dover Pa. would be visited by disaster for voting out a school board that had tried to insert intelligent design into the science curriculum. He accused Presbyterians, Methodists and Episcolians of being the spirit of the anti-christ.

You kidding right? You're not telling me the Christian right is misquoting the Scripture? Blasphemy!!!

/butitisnottheirfirsttime

Yourdaddy, did you really want to stand side by side with him? Because I doubt he would stand by you if he knew you were here.

FK

The ultimate touche'.

Great post.

BlackAdder
01-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Sadly Felicia, no....he only reads what he wants to see:)

Ostrich..sand.....

Bush wouldnt have DARED to fuck with Iraq if they had serious nuclear capability, like the other real terrorist training nations...SA, Syria, Iran etc and is the reason we cant mess with China or North Korea.

Mugai_hentaisha
01-07-2006, 05:30 AM

Blind faith = Mortal sin

because we question the comments of an idiot does not equal mortal sin

yes I think the beheader ought to be dealt with

I am not a lib I am not a conserv.

Do you realize that if Pattyboy's followers ran this country we would have a theocracy that would rival the taliban. You think I am wrong there yourdaddy.....listen to him he has no problem killing to serve his own agenda is that someone you want in control? if you do there daddyboy better make sure your closet is clean because if it isn't...... you might just find yourself burned at the stake with Ole Pattyboy holding the lighter.

shemalejunky
01-07-2006, 07:46 AM
All of a sudden I am pro-life! WOW!!! Thanks for letting me know, you fecking hag. Geezus, and there it all starts, the left wing name calling. When will Godwin's Law be invoked? Oops! I just did it! You Dem wannabes make me laugh with your feeble justifications for everything....lol. That's why we never listen to what you say - it is all blather, and we are always right!

The American Nightmare
01-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Geezus, and there it all starts, the left wing name calling.
You mean this?

Yeah, J is a fucking idiot

Felicia Katt
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
All of a sudden I am pro-life! WOW!!! Thanks for letting me know, you fecking hag. Geezus, and there it all starts, the left wing name calling. When will Godwin's Law be invoked? Oops! I just did it! You Dem wannabes make me laugh with your feeble justifications for everything....lol. That's why we never listen to what you say - it is all blather, and we are always right!

you may always be to the right. but you not always correct. And if you are pro-choice, you really should reconsider your party affiliation, because the Republican party has made it abundantly clear they are opposed to a woman's right to choose.

This is from the 2004 Republican Platform

We must keep our pledge to the first guarantee of the Declaration of Independence. That is why we say the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation to make it clear that the 14th Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions. We oppose using public revenues for abortion and will not fund organizations which advocate it. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life.

As far as invoking Godwins law, I didn't see anyone actually compare anyone to Hilter or anything to Nazism. But Yourdaddy supporting Pat Robertson by saying that Democrats are pro-beheading would certainly seem to be within the spirit of that law.

FK

chefmike
01-08-2006, 02:49 AM
A history lesson in Pat Robertson's hypocrisy and his support of terrorism

Pat Robertson can't seem to shut up. He calls for assassinating Hugo Chavez, spews off about God punishing Dover, PA, for voting down "ingelligent design", and back in the days following 9/11 voiced his agreement with Jerry Falwell that 9/11 was retribution from God for gays, pagans, abortion rights, the ACLU, Tinky Winky, and the rest of us immoral heathens.

Interesting, just where Robertson's morality and monetary support go. Try Liberia.

Which is the subject of today's column, and the basis for this humble question: What, pray tell, does the Good Lord make of Pat Robertson's gold-mining venture in Liberia with Charles Taylor, international pariah and one of the most ruthless, greedy and terror-producing heads of state in all of sub-Saharan Africa?

What? He didn't know?

Well it probably slipped Robertson's mind, busy as he is in getting people to send in those checks, money orders and love offerings to support his cause. How the reverend found time to hook up with Taylor, I'll never know.

But in May 1999, Robertson, through Freedom Gold Limited, an offshore company registered in the Cayman Islands but based at CBN headquarters in Virginia Beach, signed an agreement with Taylor and key cabinet members allowing the for-profit Freedom Gold to explore and receive mining rights in southeastern Liberia, where gold is believed to be in the ground.
---
The U.S.-educated but Libya- trained Taylor is a menace to all that's decent. Ironically, it was Christmas Eve 1989 -- (get that Mr. Robertson) -- when warlord Taylor and his band of rebels launched their bloody invasion of Liberia. They took on a despot in then-president and former sergeant Samuel Doe. But Taylor's crowd turned out to be no better. Twelve years later, with tens of thousands of Liberians slain, hundreds of thousands displaced throughout West Africa, a generation of young Liberian boys ruined by their conversion to child soldiers, women raped and mutilated, his country is in absolute ruins and is ostracized by the world community -- except for hustlers, mercenaries and the preacher/entrepreneur from Virginia Beach. Taylor presides over a near corpse.

Finding himself in the tightest of spots, Taylor the Intimidator weighed in this week on America's side in the fight against terrorism. But his real hope lies with deep-pocketed foreigners and their unquenchable thirst for a buck.

What a marriage. Can't you see it now? Robertson, fresh from his latest condemnation of sin, prediction of world collapse and visions of Liberian gold, sports his best "aw, shucks" smile, throws his arm around a grateful President Taylor -- who ought to be standing before a war crimes tribunal -- and coos: "C'mon, Charlie, what's a little human rights between friends?"

Liberia, under Taylor, drew UN and U.S. sanctions for support of terrorists.

The United Nations finally got its back up. Fed up with Taylor's complicity in helping rebels in neighboring Sierra Leone market diamonds to finance terror against their government, the U.N. Security Council slapped sanctions on Liberia: no international sale of diamonds; an embargo on foreign travel by senior Taylor officials. The United States has imposed economic sanctions, too.

What a peach, 'ol Taylor. Consider:

In late 1989, a civil war began, and in September 1990 Doe was ousted and killed by the forces of faction leader Yormie Johnson and members of the Gio tribe. As a condition for the end of the conflict, interim president Amos Sawyer resigned in 1994, handing power to the Council of State. Prominent warlord, Charles Taylor, was elected as President in 1997. Taylor's brutal regime targeted several leading opposition and political activists. In 1998, the government sought to assassinate child rights activist Kimmie Weeks for a report he had published on its involvement in the training of child soldiers. Taylor's autocratic and dysfunctional government led to a new rebellion in 1999. More than 200,000 people are estimated to have been killed in the civil wars. The conflict intensified in mid-2003, when the fighting moved closer to Monrovia. As the power of the government shrank and with increasing international and American pressure for him to resign, President Charles Taylor accepted an asylum offer by Nigeria, but vowed: "God willing, I will be back."

Mabye we should prosecute Robertson for supporting terrorism and terrorist-supporting regimes.

yourdaddy
01-08-2006, 02:58 AM
I won't bore you with the whitewater scandal.

Felicia Katt
01-08-2006, 03:22 AM
ignoring the complete and total lack of relevance to the topic at hand...

Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives in December 1998, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice, and tried by the Senate in January 1999. Clinton was acquitted by the Senate on both counts.
In late 1998, when Starr presented his case for impeachment of the president for his attempts to conceal the Lewinsky affair, he indicated that his office had no impeachable evidence in the Whitewater matters. Starr resigned in Oct., 1999, and was succeeded by Robert W. Ray, the senior litigation counsel in Starr's office. In Sept., 2000, Ray ended the Whitewater inquiry,releasing a report in September of 2000 that stated "This office determined that the evidence was insufficient to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that either President or Mrs. Clinton knowingly participated in any criminal conduct." .

answer.com

Yourdaddy, you have the indignation down, but you need to work on the righteous part.

FK

yourdaddy
01-08-2006, 03:49 AM
Felicia, it's the Book of Joel, not that dumb thing you put up.

Felicia Katt
01-08-2006, 07:56 AM
I just read the Book of Joel, which is only three Chapters, and nowhere in it does it say "this land is mine" and there is nothing in it about not trading land for peace.

The verse I quoted has the actual terms Robertson used. So I don't think its dumb at all. But using the same Bible that says slavery is ok to claim that someone's stroke is Divine retribution doesn't seem too smart to me.

FK

General124
01-08-2006, 08:11 AM
You mean the Christian Right got it wrong again?

/shakesheadinpity

The American Nightmare
01-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Let's just clear this up:

Yourdaddy, do you agree with Pat, that Sharon's stroke was punishment from God?

chefmike
01-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Onward Christian Soldiers!

Last week "An executive committee member of the Southern Baptist Convention was arrested on a lewdness charge for propositioning a plainclothes policeman outside a hotel, according to ChannelOklahoma.com.

Lonnie Latham was apparently arrested in an area of Oklahoma City "where the public has complained about male prostitutes flagging down cars" after he invited a plainclothes police officer to come back to his hotel room for oral sex.

In his defense, Latham said, "I was set up. I was in the area pastoring to police." Well, sure. If by "pastoring to police" he meant "seeking hot man-on-man blowjob action."

And wouldn't you know it, Latham has previously "spoken out against same-sex marriage and in support of a Southern Baptist Convention directive urging its 42,000 churches to befriend gays and lesbians and try to convince them that they can become heterosexual 'if they accept Jesus Christ as their savior and reject their 'sinful, destructive lifestyle.'"

Looks like he'll have to work a bit harder at that whole "convincing yourself you're heterosexual" thing. See you next week!

www.democraticunderground.com

chefmike
01-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Pat Robertson Sings The Blues

by Jonathan David Morris

I know a lot of dumb people who’ve said a lot of dumb things. In fact, I am one of those people. I’ve said that only-children tend to be spoiled in front of people who didn’t have brothers and sisters. I’ve made fun of people without college educations in front of people who it turned out never went to college. I regularly make a complete and total ass out of myself. I should probably find a way to get paid for it at this point; I do it so often, it’s like a part-time job. But for all the dumb things I’ve said in my lifetime, and for all the times I’ve been told by dear friends that they “can’t take [me] anywhere,” if nothing else, I can take solace in one thing: I’m not Pat Robertson. And as much as I’ll undoubtedly try, I will probably never say as many dumb things as he does.

Last week, when Israeli PM Ariel Sharon suffered a massive stroke and underwent hours upon hours of brain surgery, Pat Robertson used the occasion on his show, The 700 Club, to note that Sharon was probably being punished by God for giving land to Palestinians. Now, forget about where you stand on Middle East issues for a minute. That stuff is secondary here. Right off the bat, regardless of where you stand, what makes Robertson so sure Sharon’s stroke is punishment for anything? I mean, how old is this Sharon guy? Isn’t he pushing 80 already? People his age have strokes all the time. Dick Clark, for example. You mean to tell me Dick Clark’s stroke was punishment for something? Like what? Did he rock a little too hard at all those New Year’s Rockin’ Eves? I have several problems with Robertson’s analysis, but first and foremost among them is that he’d attempt to tie Sharon’s failing health to his personal views on foreign policy. Why does Sharon’s stroke have to be punishment? Why can’t it just be a stroke?

(I suppose if you want to get theological, the general decay of the human body is punishment for Adam and Eve eating those apples that one time. But: (1) that’s a low blow, because they were really yummy apples; and (2) I don’t get the feeling that’s what Robertson was getting at.)

My second major point of concern here is that Robertson’s comments seem to point to a disturbing overall trend. It seems like all anyone wants to do nowadays is blame God for everything that goes wrong. Take September 11th, for instance. A few days after it happened, Jerry Falwell suggested September 11th was brought on, at least in part, by America’s acceptance of feminists and gays. A similar such theory floated around this past summer, when, amongst other things (like global warming and George Bush), Hurricane Katrina was attributed to God being pissed off about New Orleans’ debauchery.

Now, I’m not saying these things aren’t possible. Nor am I saying God does not, or cannot, have a hand in the daily affairs of man. He’s God. He can do whatever He wants. That includes judging us for things He doesn’t like. But you know how professional athletes always thank God whenever they win a championship, but they never blame Him when they lose? Well, this is the same thing, except for exactly the opposite. I’m sure Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell say plenty of rational, sensitive things from time to time. But the only time they ever say anything worth quoting is when they attribute horrific events to the very God they’ve devoted their lives to promoting. As noted Christian spokesmen, do they honestly think this is helping Him? Is this their idea of a membership drive—“Sign up and you get to revel in terrible tragedies”? Whatever happened to giving out free t-shirts? Or toasters? Hell, I would take a free pen.

I’m not a biblical scholar. I’m sure people who know more than me, or people who think they know more than me, are going to read this column and write to me with all kinds of quotes and bible verses verifying Falwell and Robertson’s remarks. That’s great. I look forward to it. Reader feedback is like a narcotic to me, so go ahead, bring it on—feed my addiction. All I know is, based on my personal reading of Christian scriptures, there was a reason why God went to the trouble of letting His own son—His own flesh and blood, for Christ’s sake—be killed. And that was because He wanted to shed His vengeful, punishment-minded Old Testament image. I mean, think about it. The story of Jesus is like the greatest PR makeover ever told. God isn’t the God of fire and brimstone anymore. Or at least He isn’t supposed to be. He’s the God of compassion now, the God who turns the other cheek. Didn’t these knuckleheads see The Passion? What does God have to do—walk on water just to get through to these people?

If I were God—which I’m not, but if I were—I would be pretty annoyed that Falwell and Robertson keep blaming me for everything. I would probably start unleashing all sorts of crazy stuff on the world just for spite. I’m talking never-before-seen catastrophes here. Things that would make what I did to Egypt with those ten plagues look like another fun episode of Romper Room. I would bring back Rosie O’Donnell’s talk show and give her a lifetime contract, and let her live till 402. I would turn black people into white people and white people into black people, just to shake things up. I would pee on whole cities and not wash my hands, so that whenever the Hand of God worked through your life, it would be the hand that I used to pee and didn’t wash afterwards. And I would turn cherries into little blood capsules, so that Coca Cola had to reprint its Cherry Coke labels and change the name to Coke Blood.

I might even give a whole bunch of WMDs to terrorists. Why not? I’m going to get blamed for everything anyway. I might as well have fun with it.

Look, I’m not trying to speak for God here. Pat Robertson does enough of that as it is. Nor am I saying I’m against finger pointing. I’m all for it. In fact, I’m a regular finger-pointerer. I just find it interesting how guys like Falwell and Robertson keep pointing their fingers at God.

If the last couple of years have taught me anything, it’s that people will scratch and claw at thin air whenever they’re nervous and need an explanation for something. Some would probably say this is why human beings believe in God to begin with. As someone who believes in God, I don’t agree with that. But I do think that’s why guys like Pat Robertson continue to get away with blaming God for everything that goes wrong. I also believe that’s why so many people still think Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9/11, and why so many people still think Hurricane Katrina was a government conspiracy. If you say something over and over again, people will believe it. Even that last sentence. It’s a lie, but you probably think it’s true because you’ve heard before.

Last week, thirteen men became trapped in a West Virginia coal mine, and the relatives were told that they had been rescued, only to learn a few hours later that, in fact, twelve of the thirteen had died. This caused one crying woman to call out, “Our family is dead because they lied to us.” Obviously, this statement is absurd. Her false belief that the miners were rescued isn’t what killed them. An explosion and carbon monoxide did. But that woman was grieving. It’s totally understandable that, under the circumstances, she would say something that doesn’t make any sense. I just wonder how Pat Robertson would choose to console her. Those families spent half the night singing hymns and thanking God for a miracle. Was this gut-wrenching turn of events a punishment they somehow deserved?

The opinions expressed in this column represent those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or philosophy of TheRealityCheck.org.

Felicia Katt
01-11-2006, 05:48 AM
Considering that they believe the mine disaster was caused by lightning, which is God's traditional modus operandi, and Sharon's stroke was caused by an overtaxed circulatory system and blood clots, which do not seem to be a weapon listed in God's Biblical rap sheet, I think Robertson misdirected his blame. :)

FK

Hugh Jarrod
01-11-2006, 05:49 AM
The funniest thing is, it's God doing it spitefully when it's a jew, muslim, buddhist etc. Yet when a christian dies it's a tragedy, or God has called them to duty in heavan etc.

chefmike
01-12-2006, 04:53 AM
And it just keeps getting better.... Jesusland? You can't even make this shit up...

Robertson seeks to salvage Jesusland plan
JERUSALEM, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- Pat Robertson's comment about ailing Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon may have put a question mark on the U.S. televangelist's Jesusland project in Israel.
Robertson's comment seemed to suggest Sharon's stroke was in divine retribution for carving up the Holy Land by withdrawing from Gaza. The comment could affect Robertson's proposed $50 million biblical theme park in Galilee, reports The Times of London.

Robertson has released a statement that he was merely pointing out the Old Testament perspective on the division of Israel, The Times reported.

His project, planned in an area of undeveloped rolling hills, has also been criticized by some as commercialism, says the report.

A spokesman for Israel's tourism minister, said: "We can't accept this kind of statement. We will not do business with him." But he left the project's door open by saying the statements should be disowned.

Robertson is leading a consortium of evangelicals who have pledged to raise $50 million to build the Christian Heritage Center with land being donated by Israel.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felicia Katt
01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I guess I joked to soon :(

National Clergy Council founder and president Rev. Rob Schenck was quoted by AgapePress, the American Family Association's news service, as apparently questioning the religious devotion of those who prayed for the trapped miners in West Virginia, then warning that "God rebuked nations who only turned to Him in their most extreme moments of need."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601110002

This pastor sought to sooth his flock by saying God punished them by allowing their loved ones, the miners, to die because they didn't pray enough.

My guess is that those men and their families prayed everyday as they descended towards hell that they would return that day to daylight and their families. But that wasn't sufficient for this man of the cloth, nor was their pain and loss enough to stop him from adding to it, to advance his own ambitions and agenda.

I don't know what Jesus would do, but I am sure as hell this is something he wouldn't do

FK

jt money
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Let's just clear this up:

Yourdaddy, do you agree with Pat, that Sharon's stroke was punishment from God?

I can't speak for yourdaddy but Pat Robertson is a wacko!

Hugh Jarrod
01-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Funny thing is 9/11, New Orleans, Sharon, and most anything else are all the fault of those who don't abide by what Pat Robertson believes what god wants. Mark my words the next disaster or similar event he'll say the same damned thing.

The American Nightmare
01-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Just heard this on NPR while I was coming home from work half an hour ago.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5151840

"I was appalled," says Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's ethics and religious liberty commission. Besides the insensitivity, Land says, this is bad theology. Saint Paul himself said that God's judgments are unsearchable, says Land, so when Robertson connects Sharon's stroke with God's judgment, "he's way beyond his theological pay grade. That's assuming the prerogatives of God and it betrays both an appalling spiritual ignorance and an appalling spiritual arrogance."

mbf
01-13-2006, 02:17 AM
sharon is a 77 year old way overweight man.

its a miracle he reached that age in the first palce (but thats maybe a bit too factional for pat robertson types)

brickcitybrother
01-13-2006, 05:03 AM
Yea - now that his money is in jeopardy ... Ole Pat's apologyzing. I guess he values dollars more than his heart felt beliefs?

Is that putting $$ before god? What id $$$$ is your god?

Oh well

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181474,00.html

http://www.capitolhilljournal.com/art000000071.html

Felicia Katt
01-18-2006, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but someone is making Pat Robertson look almost benevolant by comparison

Fred Phelps, a Topeka minister and former lawyer, has been conducting anti-gay protests all over the country. Phelps and his followers say that the deaths of soldiers are retribution for the United States “condoning” homosexuality. The terrorists attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, also were retribution.

So, at funerals of soldiers — including three in Wisconsin last fall — Phelps and his followers held signs “Thank God for dead soldiers” and “Thank God for IEDs,” a reference to the improvised explosive devices that have killed so many U.S. soldiers.

These are the same "Christians" who picketed at Matthew Sheppard's funeral, holding signs that said “God hates fags” and other hate messages.
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2006/01/15/opinion/15edit.txt

Apostles? More like preposterous

FK

BlackAdder
01-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Well, karma really is a bitch....And if there really is a Hell, we all know where Phelps and his ilk are headed.....I cant believe they havent been brought up on hate speech indictments yet.....Then again, hiding crimes behind religion is old as the hills...

Hugh Jarrod
01-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but someone is making Pat Robertson look almost benevolant by comparison

Fred Phelps, a Topeka minister and former lawyer, has been conducting anti-gay protests all over the country. Phelps and his followers say that the deaths of soldiers are retribution for the United States “condoning” homosexuality. The terrorists attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, also were retribution.

So, at funerals of soldiers — including three in Wisconsin last fall — Phelps and his followers held signs “Thank God for dead soldiers” and “Thank God for IEDs,” a reference to the improvised explosive devices that have killed so many U.S. soldiers.

These are the same "Christians" who picketed at Matthew Sheppard's funeral, holding signs that said “God hates fags” and other hate messages.
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2006/01/15/opinion/15edit.txt

Apostles? More like preposterous

FK

Yeah he had people here for Gwenn Araujo's funeral too, what a piece of shit.

Felicia Katt
01-29-2006, 10:08 AM
...the federal government has become a major source of money for Operation Blessing, Robertson’s international charity, under the Bush initiative. In two years, the group’s annual revenue from government grants has ballooned from $108,000 to $14.4 million
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/print.cfm?story=98167&ran=246795

I guess under Bush, what the Church separates from the State is millions more in grants. It also separates itself this way. Operation Blessing takes federal money, but doesn't follow federal anti-discrimation employment laws.

If a policy that 'we don’t hire Catholics, Jews or Muslims' offends you, I don’t have to explain to you what’s wrong with the faith-based initiative."
- U.S. Rep. Bobby Scott

Sorry, Yourdaddy, but with all the other big dick threads here, I thought bumping up one about this big dick was appropriate :)

FK

chefmike
01-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Not to worry...jesus knows best, and shrubya knows jesus. He talks to him on a daily basis...and judging by shrubya's track record, he also talks to "tricky dick" Nixon.

Felicia Katt
03-03-2006, 08:04 AM
sorry to bump this thread but I saw this and thought it was just too righteous not to repost it here

Robertson Loses Seat on Religious Broadcasters' Board

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (March 2) - Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson, criticized by some evangelicals for comments about Venezuela's president and Israel's prime minister, lost a bid for re-election to the National Religious Broadcasters' board of directors

rest of the story is here

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060302144009990003

as you sow, so shall you reap. Serves that so and so right!!!

FK

scipio
03-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Will this affect his plans to build his "Bibleworld" theme park in Israel?

chefmike
03-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Things aren't getting any better...Darwin wept...

Gallup: More Than Half of Americans Reject Evolution, Back Bible

By E&P Staff

Published: March 08, 2006 10:15 AM ET

NEW YORK A Gallup report released today reveals that more than half of all Americans, rejecting evolution theory and scientific evidence, agree with the statement, "God created man exactly how Bible describes it."

Another 31% says that man did evolve, but "God guided." Only 12% back evolution and say "God had no part."

Gallup summarized it this way: "Surveys repeatedly show that a substantial portion of Americans do not believe that the theory of evolution best explains where life came from." They are "not so quick to agree with the preponderance of scientific evidence."

The report was written by the director of the The Gallup Poll, Frank Newport.

Breaking down the numbers, Gallup finds that Republican backing for what it calls "God created human beings in present form" stands at 57% with Democrats at 44%.

Support for this Bible view rises steadily with age: from 43% for those 18 to 29, to 59% for those 65 and older. It declines steadily with education, dropping from 58% for those with high school degrees to a still-substantial 25% with postgraduate degrees.

Newport wraps it up: "Several characteristics correlate with belief in the biblical explanation for the origin of humans. Those with lower levels of education, those who attend church regularly, those who are 65 and older, and those who identify with the Republican Party are more likely to believe that God created humans 'as is,' than are those who do not share these characteristics."

Gallup has asked this question, in different forms, going back to 1982, but has consistently shown support at 45% or higher for the notion that "God created man in present form."

The most recent poll, last September, posed the question this way: "Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings." This produced the 53% who chose "God created man exactly how Bible describes it," the 31% who said man did evolve but "God guided," and the 12% who backed evolution with God playing "no part."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002154704

Felicia Katt
04-11-2006, 04:37 AM
recognizing its been more than three days since we rolled the stone in front of this particular cave, nevertheless, it was worth reviving:

Pat Robertson's Christian Coalition is nearly bankrupt
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12243323/from/RSS/

He should have paid closer attention to Scripture
Proverbs 11:29: "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind."

FK

chefmike
04-11-2006, 09:35 PM
"Pat Robertson: "I Just Prayed Silently. And The Lord Said, 'Ask Her About Her Sex Life'"....

The wild and crazy world of Pat...you just can't make this shit up...unless you're Pat, of course...

(CBS) This is the first part of a transcript of an interview with Pat Robertson conducted by Correspondent Rita Braver for CBS News Sunday Morning, broadcast April 9, 2006.

RITA BRAVER:
So I-- I guess one of the reasons that we're here is to talk about your new book. You-- you have a new book out--
PAT ROBERTSON:
Right.
RB:
--it's-- you were 17--
PR:
Seventeen.
RB:
-- it's called Miracles Can Be Yours Today .
PR:
Yeah.
RB:
What-- what's the basic thesis of your book?
PR:
Well the basic thesis is that there's a god in heaven who is all powerful who wants to help people. And that-- he will answer prayer, and does miraculous things in people's lives. And so I've documented some of these wonderful things.

I've-- I've had one woman-- African-American woman raised from the dead. She was stone cold dead, and her prayers of her church brought her back to life. Another woman was a spastic quadriplegic from the time--
RB:
These are--
PR:
--she's--
RB:
--things you've been particularly personally involved in? Or just--
PR:
Well-- some of us-- have-- the-- these stories that we've carried on our television. And-- (COUGHS) our producers have done it. I-- they're-- they're not-- what I think-- involved in prayers that I gave spec-- specifically. But-- they have really-- they're heartwarming. They're just bring tears to your eyes, some of these things. And they're-- they're--
RB:
You know you-- you talk about-- a couple very specific cases in the book that--

the rest of the insanity here-

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/07/sunday/main1481775.shtml

trish
04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
gosh, it's funny that Pat and his staff were able to come up with all these wonderful stories, given the results of the latest $2.4 million study, involving 1,802 patients, on the efficacy of intercessionary prayer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/30/AR2006033000902.html

turns out, the group that was prayed for and knew it and the group that was prayed for and didn't know it both faired substantially worse then the group that wasn't prayed for. god's a bitch!

ezed
04-12-2006, 05:42 AM
You know, when I lived in the south, I used to watch Pat's show, laying back on the couch drinking a fifth of bourbon. He'd ask for money and I'd send it. Yeah.... I'd fold up the bills in my wallet in the shape of the "Concord" and shoot them at the TV. Then I'd pass out on the couch and wake up in the mornining only to find Jesus had returned all the money to me!

THERE IT WAS LAYING AT THE BASE OF THE TV!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD IT WAS A MIRACLE!!! :D :D :D :D

chefmike
05-18-2006, 09:04 PM
He's at it again...I just hope that vicki got the memo...I'd hate for her to feel left out of the"Almighty's" inner circle...

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.

POSTED: 9:19 pm EDT May 17, 2006
UPDATED: 5:14 am EDT May 18, 2006

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said.

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that U.S. agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

chefmike
05-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Yet another Pat Robertson miracle! Praise Jesus, praise his name!
What miracle will Pat perform next? He may even be able to raise the chimp-in-chief's record low approval ratings from the depths of hell to the heights of heaven! Praise Jesus, praise Pat, and praise the national debt!

ClayNation: Pat Robertson's magical protein shake
May 22, 2006
By Clay Travis

Every now and then, a ClayNation reader e-mail causes me to question my entire worldview. Such was recently the case. We received many responses regarding my quest to leg press 400 pounds and "show up former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright." None was more shocking than this one from Ken Pederson of Seattle:

"400 pounds is nothing! Rev. Pat Robertson, 76, can leg press 2,000 pounds. I saw him on TV the other day and the capillaries in his eyes looked just fine!"

Does this man look like he can leg press one ton? (AP)
If you do not click on the link Ken provided to Robertson's Web site right now, you are truly lazy and missing the most remarkable feat of physical strength since Video SPiN featured Lasha Pataraya pulling two trucks with his ear.

Here's the text from his Web site:

"Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg press 2,000 pounds? How does he do it? Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman?

One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients. Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!"

Three things:

1. I am going to drink this protein shake of his and try to leg press a Mazda Miata with three clowns sitting inside.

2. There is no way on earth Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. That would mean a 76-year-old man broke the all-time Florida State University leg press record by 665 pounds over Dan Kendra. 665 pounds. Further, when he set the record, they had to modify the leg press machine to fit 1,335 pounds of weight. Plus, Kendra's capillaries in his eyes burst. Burst. Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time? And how does he still have vision?

3. It's rare the ClayNation Guarantee makes an appearance, but here, it is justified. There is no way Robertson leg presses 2,000 pounds. Period. If he can, I will box a round against Andrew Golota without wearing a jockstrap. After about 20 minutes on Robertson's Web site, I managed to find a way to send an e-mail without having to give my credit card information. Here was the text:

"I would like to interview Pat Robertson about his leg-press workout and protein shake. If possible, I would like to accompany Pat on his workout where I could help him stack on the 44 different 45-pound plates he would need to attach to leg press 2,000 pounds. By my calculations, his leg press of 2,000 pounds requires 22 forty-fives and one ten-pounder on each side.

I look forward to hearing back from you ...

the rest of this article here-

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/9454343

BeardedOne
05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Are we back to the smiting again? :roll:

Trivia note: In the wav files of one of the Microsoft 'Age of Empires' versions one of the characters taunts "Smite me!". :lol:

trish
05-24-2006, 11:24 PM
i don't think he realizes it himself, but Pat owes his mutant powers to random genetic recombination rather than to supernatural sources. he's an X-man!

plainBob
05-24-2006, 11:28 PM
For 50$ Pat will send you a set of jesus steak knives signed by god.

ezed
05-25-2006, 06:05 AM
DEAR LORD! SMITE CHEFMIKE! SMITE CHEFMIKE! HE TAUNTS ME WHILE I TRY TO CARRY OUT YOUR WILL. HE DOUBTS THE MIRICLE OF THE 2000 LBS LEG PRESS! SMITE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And could you see your way to lend me a Franklin till the next show?