PDA

View Full Version : On The Hunt For Marianna Cordoba..Help for Italy Please

DJ_Asia
01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
My travels later this month will take me from Thailand to Amsterdam to Sao Paulo,back to Amsterdam and then finally Thailand.

While in Amsterdam Im thinking of a side trip to Milan Italy so I can shoot Marianna Cordoba....

Questions:

what are the prices of hotels and food in Milan?Never been to Italy before som Im quite naive here.I realize w/ the Euro being high against the US dollar the prices wont be cheap,but what should I expect?

DJ Asia

scipio
01-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Milano has similar prices to most other major European cities, probably a little bit on the high side, but not too bad.

It really depends on the kind of place you stay. You can get a relatively cheap hotel (a bit under 100 Euro) but it's going to be a bit crap.

You want to stay somewhere close to the Duomo, most of the higher-end shopping and restaurants are around that area. But a nice hotel in that area could be about 200-300Euro. I wouldn't stay too far away from there but it depends on what you want to pay.

THe only exception to staying near the Duomo I would say is at the Principe de Savoia or Westin Palace. THey have great decor in the rooms (esp. Principe de Savoia) if you're going to shoot in the room, they would made good backdrops. Again they're a bit on the pricey side so it depends on your budget.

As for food you won't have any problem finding great food that is relatively cheap. I recommend "Rose e Gabrielle's" around the corner from the Sheraton Diana Majestic hotel. Great food and a very loose atmosphere. Plus they're open late - I used to eat there at 3AM.

DJ_Asia
01-06-2006, 05:38 AM
Milano has similar prices to most other major European cities, probably a little bit on the high side, but not too bad.

It really depends on the kind of place you stay. You can get a relatively cheap hotel (a bit under 100 Euro) but it's going to be a bit crap.

You want to stay somewhere close to the Duomo, most of the higher-end shopping and restaurants are around that area. But a nice hotel in that area could be about 200-300Euro. I wouldn't stay too far away from there but it depends on what you want to pay.

THe only exception to staying near the Duomo I would say is at the Principe de Savoia or Westin Palace. THey have great decor in the rooms (esp. Principe de Savoia) if you're going to shoot in the room, they would made good backdrops. Again they're a bit on the pricey side so it depends on your budget.

As for food you won't have any problem finding great food that is relatively cheap. I recommend "Rose e Gabrielle's" around the corner from the Sheraton Diana Majestic hotel. Great food and a very loose atmosphere. Plus they're open late - I used to eat there at 3AM.

Thanks man....Is Milan a big city,like say L.A.,or is it a "small" big city that is easy to get around in?

scipio
01-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Milano is not like LA, (ie. you can't walk anywhere, all spread out.) Plenty of things are close enough together to walk. It can be a bit spread out, it's not as compact as London or maybe Paris, but around the Duomo area you'll find everything you need.

Sagittarius
01-07-2006, 12:16 AM
http://www.italiachiamami.com/054754.htm

DJ_Asia
01-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Yeah I have her # no problem,in fact called her twice two days ago...Skype is an amazing product BTW!!!

Unfortunately she doesnt speak English and I dont speak much Spanish nor Italian,so im waiting for my friend to phone her and translate the conversation for me so I can get on and shoot this incredible girl.

My main worries are w/ Milan itself,not knowing where to stay etc...the photosets and models are the easy part.

DJ Asia

hwbs
01-07-2006, 07:03 AM
yeah my dad told me about skype....shit is like 10 times more clear than yahoo for a phone connection...only problem is that the other person has to have it....good luck finding mariana... :D

DJ_Asia
01-07-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah my dad told me about skype....shit is like 10 times more clear than yahoo for a phone connection...only problem is that the other person has to have it....good luck finding mariana... :D

I use it to make calls around the world.You prepay via Paypal and then you can call any telephone,mobile or landline in the world for less than a penny per minute,regardless if they have Skype or not.

I paid 8.00 USD and called Italy twice,Brazil twice,L.A. for 45 minutes,Austin Texas for 38 minutes and I still have 5.50 in credit remaining.Great program if you make lots of long distance calls.

DJ Asia

Nch22now
01-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Italy is expensive.