PDA

View Full Version : 4G

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Anyone here using a Verizon 4G phone? Do you tether your laptop, etc from it? If so, which one, and how do you like it so far?

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Any recommendations for a Verizon Droid?

bte
07-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Still got the 3G :-(

bte
07-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Any recommendations for a Verizon Droid?

Verizon sent me one of their magazines and they said they have the Droid X-2 coming out. I don't know if its already out yet, but I think its 4G.

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Well, that's the thing. I assume we're suffering with video playback, etc and overall speed. I know the battery probably needs constant charging, but I'll deal with that... possibly.

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 12:49 AM
There's a Droid3, but I assume the 3.2 will be here in a few months.

I'm almost tempted to get an iPhone, but I watch someone curse theirs on a semi-regular basis. She might just be a spaz. lol

BLKGSXR
07-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Well, that's the thing. I assume we're suffering with video playback, etc and overall speed. I know the battery probably needs constant charging, but I'll deal with that... possibly.
Yep lol. I got the samsung Infuse only problem I have with it is that its slow recharge rate and how much power it eats.
that being said I might look into one of those quickcharges.

Lawyer4Trannies
07-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Great thread, Nicole.:rolleyes:

OmarZ
07-30-2011, 12:51 AM
There's a Droid3, but I assume the 3.2 will be here in a few months.

I'm almost tempted to get an iPhone, but I watch someone curse theirs on a semi-regular basis. She might just be a spaz. lol

but droid sucks, even more...

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Yep lol. I got the samsung Infuse only problem I have with it is that its slow recharge rate and how much power it eats.
that being said I might look into one of those quickcharges.
One of the few good things I can say about BB is they do charge quickly. But they're pretty much done with smartphones. They're more interested in making tablets now, which I'll bet suck.

bte
07-30-2011, 01:00 AM
but droid sucks, even more...

Droid is pretty awesome. I got the Droid 2 and I like it. I know people that have the iphone and they said that phone pretty much sucks

BLKGSXR
07-30-2011, 01:01 AM
One of the few good things I can say about BB is they do charge quickly. But they're pretty much done with smartphones. They're more interested in making tablets now, which I'll bet suck.Only time will tell, I personally have no interest in tablets they are nothing but bootleg laptops.
That being said install and app called App killer helps save a lil of the battery being used...Kills apps that dont need to be ran.

bte
07-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Only time will tell, I personally have no interest in tablets they are nothing but bootleg laptops.
That being said install and app called App killer helps save a lil of the battery being used...Kills apps that dont need to be ran.

I got App Killer on my phone, its pretty nifty.

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Great thread, Nicole.:rolleyes:
Thanks.

That's because I rule. :)

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah.I want no pads, tablets, etc. They seem corny. If you want convenience, just use a phone or take your whole laptop.

Lawyer4Trannies
07-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Thanks.

That's because I rule. :)

You rule at reneging on fuck offers. :wink:

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 02:01 AM
You rule at reneging on fuck offers. :wink:
I would've opened the ph book and picked a random name before giving you hope.

Lawyer4Trannies
07-30-2011, 02:04 AM
I would've opened the ph book and picked a random name before giving you hope.

Is "hope" new tranny slang for "my asshole?" You already gave me hope when you offered yourself to me.:)

icarus2112
07-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Im with Verizon, and I am trying to wait patiently for this late summer/early fall to see what else comes out for the 4g phones, Ive had enough of this Blackberry. Right now Verizon only has 3 4G phones to offer.

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Im with Verizon, and I am trying to wait patiently for this late summer/early fall to see what else comes out for the 4g phones, Ive had enough of this Blackberry. Right now Verizon only has 3 4G phones to offer.
Yeah, and iPhone doesn't even have one yet, and there's only one Droid that's 4G.

flabbybody
07-30-2011, 05:01 AM
I'm way behind u folks tech wise... So I got the at&t windows LG cuz I thought it would be simple to operate. It totally sucks. bad phone connection and the internet never works when I need it. and it never does what I want it to do.
jus give me back my old phone

onmyknees
07-30-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm way behind u folks tech wise... So I got the at&t windows LG cuz I thought it would be simple to operate. It totally sucks. bad phone connection and the internet never works when I need it. and it never does what I want it to do.

Atta boy Flabby. Nothing like a '56 Chevy, a VHS and an old cell phone. At least the old shit works. You'd think life began with the introduction of the I-Phone. I got hit while stopped at a light on my bike by some bimbo yapping on her fucking I-Phone. She had enough money for that, but not auto insurance.
Anyway....sorry ND...I wouldn't know a driod form druid !! lol

flabbybody
07-30-2011, 06:32 AM
I hate to hijack Nicole's thread,
BUT. I just moved so the Verizon guy comes to my new apt to hook me up with triple play. He's telling me how I can get facebook and twitter on my TV screen and all this game shit that I don't use. Then at the end of the installation (5 hours of my day) he couldn't figure out how to get the the remote to work.

get the fuck outta here

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 07:17 AM
I hate to hijack Nicole's thread,
BUT. I just moved so the Verizon guy comes to my new apt to hook me up with triple play. He's telling me how I can get facebook and twitter on my TV screen and all this game shit that I don't use. Then at the end of the installation (5 hours of my day) he couldn't figure out how to get the the remote to work.

get the fuck outta here
You never hijack threads. lol :)

That's cool. But you can use your TV as a monitor for anything you want. You can websurf on any flatscreen. I think it's like a hundred bucks to get the kit without the wire? I like Skype on my laptop for lots of basic calls also. And I guess newer televisions can pick up a signal from newer smartphones, and you can you use your tv like a big phone. :) lol Trust me, I'm only up on this stuff recently. I hate thinking about it, and dealing with the techs and service calls. Those guys are always screwing stuff up. lol

Lawyer4Trannies
07-30-2011, 07:23 AM
:)
I like Skype on my laptop for lots of basic calls also.

Are you using "Skype" as a verb in this sentence? If so, you sound like a valley girl and it make me want to, like, fuck you.

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Skype your hand.

Lawyer4Trannies
07-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Skype your hand.

Every time I see that ruby red asshole of yours, baby.:wink:

OmarZ
07-30-2011, 07:51 AM

And thats why LG and Microsoft are taking a beating in the market

http://www.asymco.com/

http://www.asymco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Screen-shot-2011-07-29-at-7-29-10.52.48-AM.png

CaptainPlanet
07-30-2011, 08:25 AM
i been tethering ATT 3g for 2 yrs now, its about 300-800kb/s, depending on location. I downloaded a 750mb movie in 25-30 min while i was on a road trip.

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Does ATT sell you packages or is it unlimited w/ the cost of service?

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Is this on an iPhone?

Do you use a regular modem, or just tether?

Nicole Dupre
07-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Anyone have a phone with Windows?

BLKGSXR
07-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Does ATT sell you packages or is it unlimited w/ the cost of service?
I still have unlimited Data and text something I will never get rid of...Grandfathered in :D-Att doesnt offer it anymore for the data and I see myself using 7-10 gigs a month..

I got App Killer on my phone, its pretty nifty.
Fuck yeah my phone was freezing on its own and I installed that every few hrs just kill apps.