PDA

View Full Version : Hell Is Other People.

theone1982
07-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Is it just me, or do people seem to be becoming more and more "assholish" these days? It seems like the dickheads run everything by getting people to feel bad about themselves by shoving their petty little comments in everyone's face. God forbid that anyone doesn't look a certain way, or act a certain way, and get in the way of their "assholery" Sorry to go on a rant, but sometimes people just really piss me off. I'm going to make a pledge right now to be nicer to people, people, who have, perhaps, never been treated nice in their lives, it has to start with one person. So, what does everyone think, was the philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre right, is hell other people? Will people always naturally just be pricks to each other?

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Is it just me, or do people seem to be becoming more and more "assholish" these days? It seems like the dickheads run everything by getting people to feel bad about themselves by shoving their petty little comments in everyone's face. God forbid that anyone doesn't look a certain way, or act a certain way, and get in the way of their "assholery" Sorry to go on a rant, but sometimes people just really piss me off. I'm going to make a pledge right now to be nicer to people, people, who have, perhaps, never been treated nice in their lives, it has to start with one person. So, what does everyone think, was the philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre right, is hell other people? Will people always naturally just be pricks to each other?

Yep, it's just you.

Now fuck off...... ;)

theone1982
07-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Yep, it's just you.

Now fuck off...... ;)

Aha! Point proven in first post!:)

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Aha! Point proven in first post!:)

You still here? Thought I told you to fuck off....

Yvonne183
07-17-2011, 06:02 AM
Are people who are pricks to each other gay?

Being nice is cool, but it lasts for just a little bit then hell takes over.

I will try and be nice and not make any more petty comments in people's faces,, I will do it behind their backs.

Jericho
07-17-2011, 06:03 AM
Why don't you both fuck off! :dancing:

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:04 AM

I will try and be nice and not make any more petty comments in people's faces,, I will do it behind their backs.

:Bowdown::Bowdown::Bowdown: Welcome back baby. Don't stay away so long next time.

That opening question is just wonderful.

maaarc
07-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Sadly I feel the dark side is strong in us young skywalker - however, we should never just surrender to the darker aspects of our human nature - other people can be hell and they can also be heaven - we can be much more than we have been - I applaud your efforts and will do my best to emulate them.

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Why don't you both fuck off! :dancing:

And you, you piss-soaked old tosser.

Jericho
Someone's always going to want to fuck someone else over.
Nothing you can do except do you. :shrug

theone1982

Lol! Alright, who is going to create the ultimate thread, "Are People Who Are Gay, Gay?":) As for the rest, it goes back to the original question, are people naturally good, or naturally bad? I tend to think naturally bad these days, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Ineeda SM
07-17-2011, 06:06 AM
In a country like ours with over 310 million people, there will always be arguments of different beliefs and opinions. It is unavoidable. The problem is half the country are smart people, and the other half are just born stupid. But there are strong and weak in each side. Money talks and rules the world.

This promotes differences of opinion and the argument begins, but never ends. Especially with big important national issues. The strong want it their way to stay strong. The weak can only fight the best way they know how. With words. But when their words hit deaf ears, the argument gets bigger and becomes hatred. It's a chain of events that will happen no matter how nice and reasonable you try to be. Because there are to many that are not nice and reasonable.

Then you have the baiter who baits people into arguments just because they can, and it's entertaining to them. But we have the worse kind of people. The greedy and stupid. They walk on whoever gets in their way, and they don't care. Those are the ones that get me going into those rants, just because they are so damned wrong and can't get away with it.

This is the human nature, and we are all inflicted with it.

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Sadly I feel the dark side is strong in us young skywalker - however, we should never just surrender to the darker aspects of our human nature - other people can be hell and they can also be heaven - we can be much more than we have been - I applaud your efforts and will do my best to emulate them.

Oh god. :puke

You can fuck off too. :dancing:

Jericho
07-17-2011, 06:07 AM
And you, you piss-soaked old tosser.

Away and piss ya kilt, ginger!

theone1982
07-17-2011, 06:08 AM
In a country like ours with over 310 million people, there will always be arguments of different beliefs and opinions. It is unavoidable. The problem is half the country are smart people, and the other half are just born stupid. But there are strong and weak in each side. Money talks and rules the world.

This promotes differences of opinion and the argument begins, but never ends. Especially with big important national issues. The strong want it their way to stay strong. The weak can only fight the best way they know how. With words. But when their words hit deaf ears, the argument gets bigger and becomes hatred. It's a chain of events that will happen no matter how nice and reasonable you try to be. Because there are to many that are not nice and reasonable.

Then you have the baiter who baits people into arguments just because they can, and it's entertaining to them. But we have the worse kind of people. The greedy and stupid. They walk on whoever gets in their way, and they don't care. Those are the ones that get me going into those rants, just because they are so damned wrong and can't get away with it.

This is the human nature, and we are all inflicted with it.

I think that's probably right, but sometimes it feels like greed isn't even an issue, it's just people who get a kick out of putting other people down just to be assholes. It seems like we are in the age of the petty dickhead.

maaarc
07-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Oh god. :puke

You can fuck off too. :dancing:

Oh yah well you're a horrible person Robert!!!

Yvonne183
07-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Lol! Alright, who is going to create the ultimate thread, "Are People Who Are Gay, Gay?":) As for the rest, it goes back to the original question, are people naturally good, or naturally bad? I tend to think naturally bad these days, but I hope to be proven wrong.

I'm sorry to go off topic. But my serious response, I believe most people are bad and a few things keep most from doing bad things like fear, pain, retribution. I kinda believe most have the potential to do bad things to other humans, it's just circumstance that prevents some from acting out in doing bad things, not because they are good people.

I have met too many bad people in my life and they out number the good people by a wide margin. They did bad things to me cause they had no fear, no fear of retribution and i could not inflict any pain on them. So on a personal level, i feel most people are evil or bad. Maybe I could be included as being bad cause I also hurt people who were weaker than me, but I do feel bad about it. And I didn't do it a lot, but I did do bad stuff.

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Oh yah well you're a horrible person Robert!!!

ROFLMAO.

But you can still fuck off.

theone1982
07-17-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry to go off topic. But my serious response, I believe most people are bad and a few things keep most from doing bad things like fear, pain, retribution. I kinda believe most have the potential to do bad things to other humans, it's just circumstance that prevents some from acting out in doing bad things, not because they are good people.

I have met too many bad people in my life and they out number the good people by a wide margin. They did bad things to me cause they had no fear, no fear of retribution and i could not inflict any pain on them. So on a personal level, i feel most people are evil or bad. Maybe I could be included as being bad cause I also hurt people who were weaker than me, but I do feel bad about it. And I didn't do it a lot, but I did do bad stuff.

That goes right to the heart of my point. Assholes are people who are shitty to people because they can be. But, there is always a bigger fish, and it's probably likely that these people have people who are assholes to them. The problem is, where can the chain be broken, who will choose not to be an asshole even though they can be?

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:21 AM

That's not off topic, Yvonne, it's bang on.

Your post more or less defines psychopathic and sociopathic behaviour, so I hope you haven't already met more than your fair share of such people, although, given what you've hinted of in your past, it may well sadly be true.

My experience is about 50/50, which is probably the same as most people's.

The OP's original premise is challenging though - is it getting worse? As the world shrinks with ever wider access to information, do we care less? Not in the younger generation, in my experience. And that has to be the last best hope for the world.

theone1982
07-17-2011, 06:29 AM
That's not off topic, Yvonne, it's bang on.

Your post more or less defines psychopathic and sociopathic behaviour, so I hope you haven't already met more than your fair share of such people, although, given what you've hinted of in your past, it may well sadly be true.

My experience is about 50/50, which is probably the same as most people's.

The OP's original premise is challenging though - is it getting worse? As the world shrinks with ever wider access to information, do we care less? Not in the younger generation, in my experience. And that has to be the last best hope for the world.

That's interesting Robert, because in my experience, kids today seem to be getting more and more to the point where they'll just say anything and don't give a damn as to how it will hurt other people. They seem to think it's their birthright to run their mouth. Petty, thy name is youth.:)

robertlouis
07-17-2011, 06:41 AM
That's interesting Robert, because in my experience, kids today seem to be getting more and more to the point where they'll just say anything and don't give a damn as to how it will hurt other people. They seem to think it's their birthright to run their mouth. Petty, thy name is youth.:)

Guess it comes down to who you meet, who you know. Most of the kids I know have a far greater appreciation of the threats facing the environment and have an enlightened outlook on world problems. Yes, there are just as many who are preoccupied with trivia, but it's always been that way. Activists change things, not the majority.

BigDF
07-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Is it just me, or do people seem to be becoming more and more "assholish" these days? It seems like the dickheads run everything by getting people to feel bad about themselves by shoving their petty little comments in everyone's face. God forbid that anyone doesn't look a certain way, or act a certain way, and get in the way of their "assholery" Sorry to go on a rant, but sometimes people just really piss me off. I'm going to make a pledge right now to be nicer to people, people, who have, perhaps, never been treated nice in their lives, it has to start with one person. So, what does everyone think, was the philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre right, is hell other people? Will people always naturally just be pricks to each other?You have to apologize for going on a rant, Number One, you have just as much right to do that as the rest of us. Some people, including myself at times, are just assholier than thou and just can't wait to make idiots of themselves. But I don't agree with the idea that hell is other people. Hell is just hell and when you feel like you're in it, everyone else seems to be devilish. I think you're one of the nicest people on here and often quite amusing. :Bowdown::Bowdown:

dderek123
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_C-7IX8a74lg/SxPqMgEsPmI/AAAAAAAAMi4/KVv_SEKY-eo/s400/1stumb+being+an+asshole+is+part+of+my+manly+essenc e.jpg

Tiffany Anne
07-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Sadly people no longer live in fear. I don't mean the Republican type of fear of Muslims gonna blow you up, or foreigners gonna take your job, or gays gonna steal your son...I mean true fear of consequences....the whole G-d Fearing thing...people who claim to follow religion, but are too stupid or too hypocritical so they think saying a prayer on Sunday forgives being a douchebag all week. And fear of getting your ass handed to you because you were impolite to the wrong person.

I blame liberal child rearing practices that say when you're kid is acting up, you let them rather than smack them and teach them how to behave.

And I blame cowards like me who'll post on a board, but won't tell that bitch at the grocery store to stop letting her shitty little kids run around like it's a playground.