PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony

MrsKellyPierce
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
LWell Casey Anthony got lucky! The lawyer unfortunately will capitalize on this and everyone will want an interview and she'll come out with a book! If Americans are smart they won't watch or buy anything she's connected with. Making her rich would be stupid!

Prospero
07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Sometimes certain posts on here are totally baffling. Kelly's latest is a case in point. Who is Casey Anthony?

nonnonnon
07-05-2011, 09:16 PM
She was a 'bad' mom that is tattooed and likes to party.

Dino Velvet
07-05-2011, 09:17 PM
LWell Casey Anthony got lucky! The lawyer unfortunately will capitalize on this and everyone will want an interview and she'll come out with a book! If Americans are smart they won't watch or buy anything she's connected with. Making her rich would be stupid!

I followed this case too. I wonder if Casey will become a less sociopathic person over time. During the trial it seemed she could only relate to pain that affected her.

Casey is a bad person regardless of the strength/weakness of the case. Do not support this woman in any venture. Don't throw a brick at her either if you see her in the street.

Prospero
07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
i guess this is an american tabloid thing... as seen in the National Enquirer?

Stavros
07-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Prospero -this report was on today's BBC News website, and I think there was an article in last weekend's Independent, otherwise it hasn't made it here. The story was printed before the verdict came in, and is as much about the media reporting of it as it is the death of the girl.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13986356

Dino Velvet
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
i guess this is an american tabloid thing... as seen in the National Enquirer?

It was a high profile murder case of a cute 2 year old girl. Regardless of verdict, Casey was responsible for the child's death. One of the things that upset people the most was Casey's behavior obviously after everybody knew the child was dead. Not only did Casey lie all day long, she gets a tattoo that translates into "My Beautiful Life" and goes out celebrating at the bar.

She might end up getting time served depending on the sentence. She gets a year tops in a worst case scenario.

KCBob4TS
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
state overcharged her and didnt prove either involvement or murder. shit happens. i dont really like it but id want the same chance if i was in this situation.

she has reality tv written all over it. some people would watch a bus wreck if it was on tv. one thing, she cant fucking go home. she prettty much trashed the shit out of her family.

Stavros
07-05-2011, 09:51 PM
If anyone is interested in debating the issues around the media and murder cases, I have started a thread on it in Politics and Religion. I don't know enough about the Anthony case to comment -the bigger issue is whether or not the media is out of control or whether we now have communications technology that the law cannot control.

Los Angeles resident
07-05-2011, 09:54 PM
This is pathetic and lame. She got away with murder, plain and simple. Our jury system is made up of pansies that is loath to convict young beautiful women for serious crimes especially when the death penalty is in play. I wonder if E.T. is going to make her out to be a hero just like that female pedophile who married her victim. If Larry King was still working today, this would be topic #1 tonight and for the next several weeks. My fear is that CNN will invite Larry back to conduct a special hour-long interview with her. Had I been on the jury I would have been the lone holdout.

Pelheckitt
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM
As KCBob4TS said the prosuction fucked this one up! I know a circumstantal case is always hard to prove but I'd have thought this one had legs, the state didn't prove her case which hate it or love it is the basis of the American judical system. Was she actually guilty...HELL YES if nothing else she was guilty of neglect if not manslaughter. I hope someone kicks her square in the cunt for this!

MrsKellyPierce
07-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Everyone is blaming the jury - you gotta blame the prosecution! In America you are innocent till proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

However the jury should of said guilty - it's not the first time a jury has sent the wrong person to jail...

kaiser1one
07-05-2011, 10:19 PM
This is pathetic and lame. She got away with murder, plain and simple. Our jury system is made up of pansies that is loath to convict young beautiful women for serious crimes especially when the death penalty is in play. I wonder if E.T. is going to make her out to be a hero just like that female pedophile who married her victim. If Larry King was still working today, this would be topic #1 tonight and for the next several weeks. My fear is that CNN will invite Larry back to conduct a special hour-long interview with her. Had I been on the jury I would have been the lone holdout.

The jury is to convict on evidence alone, not what they feel. If jury's convicted on what they feel, every black in the U.S. would be guilty( which is rumored to be the case anyways in America) of an accused crime.

Everyone is blaming the jury - you gotta blame the prosecution! In America you are innocent till proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

However the jury should of said guilty - it's not the first time a jury has sent the wrong person to jail...

No, the jury did what they should have. There was no reasonable doubt that she killed Caylee. Personally I think she's guilty of something. Whether that is killing her daughter is a mystery. All circumstances point to her being guilty. OJ was the same.

RainMan
07-05-2011, 10:26 PM
The jury is to convict on evidence alone, not what they feel. If jury's convicted on what they feel, every black in the U.S. would be guilty( which is rumored to be the case anyways in America) of an accused crime.

No, the jury did what they should have. There was no reasonable doubt that she killed Caylee. Personally I think she's guilty of something. Whether that is killing her daughter is a mystery. All circumstances point to her being guilty. OJ was the same.

One of the reasonable people, even though she was suspicious and acted strange during the time her daughter was missing there was no solid evidence that she killed her daughter and that's that, we can't complain about injustices when someone is falsely accused but want someone to get the death penalty when the evidence isn't there that they did it

bte
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM

Unfortunately Americans are not smart, so we will buy the books, watch the interviews, and listen to what she has to say.

yourdaddy
07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if her father killed her then killed himself.

The defense team is having a champagne celebration for the baby-killer across the street from the courthouse as we speak.

hippifried
07-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Is it finally over? I'm pretty much done. This has been dragging on for how long?

Now that Nancy Grace is a laughing stock, again, can we get rid of her too?

SisterDickRadio
07-05-2011, 11:48 PM
What I dont get is, her defense was saying the baby drown in the pool... so if that is what happened, then why did they throw her in the woods? Im so clueless I thought she was guilty all over it! But this was reality tv and we all watched this fucked up family become famous! Sad SAD!

And at least it was a month on trial and not 9mths like OJ!

Dino Velvet
07-05-2011, 11:55 PM
The elements deteriorating the quality of the evidence was a big factor to. The prosecution can't produce evidence that doesn't exist. That creepo Roy Crunk didn't help things for the prosecution team either.

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 01:02 AM
What I dont get is, her defense was saying the baby drown in the pool... so if that is what happened, then why did they throw her in the woods? Im so clueless I thought she was guilty all over it! But this was reality tv and we all watched this fucked up family become famous! Sad SAD!

And at least it was a month on trial and not 9mths like OJ!
They pinned it on Casey's father. Says he was watching the kid and she drowned in the pool when he wasn't paying attention. Despite his experience in law enforcement, they say that he tried to cover that up and discarded the body in the woods. Total nonsense and I guess these idiot jury members gobbled that shit up.

The justice system failed Caylee Anthony.

YouTube - ‪Cindy Anthony 911 Calls - ALL THREE IN FULL‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5PIeefc4g)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5PIeefc4g)
You let a child-murderer go free, congratulations jury.

Mother wanted her to be a responsible mother and Casey didn't want to be responsible with anything. This was quite clear that she was guilty and attempting to cover up the murder of her child. Anyone who can't see that has their head stuck up their ass.

Absolutely disgusting letting her get away with this. Guilty of a damn misdemeanor, lying to police and that's it.

bassman2546
07-06-2011, 01:08 AM
It's not whether she's guilty or not, it's who has the better lawyer. Just ask O.J.

nonnonnon
07-06-2011, 01:15 AM
12 angry men should be required reading

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 01:21 AM
It's been mentioned numerous times that people have a CSI/L&O watching mentality and expect these cases to be wrapped up nice and tidy with DNA, Motive, and Impeccable Chain Of Evidence presented without a snag. We've made incredible breakthroughs in Forensic Science over the last 25 years but juries also now demand higher standards of proof to obtain conviction.

tsdvdman
07-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Exactly!!! This chick is guilty as sin,,,but The media and mainstream america was not going to let a young white girl get the death penalty. That is reserved for,,well,,you know who,,guilty or not. Now she will profit from it with movie deals,,books,playboy,etc. It's fucking sad

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Exactly!!! This chick is guilty as sin,,,but The media and mainstream america was not going to let a young white girl get the death penalty. That is reserved for,,well,,you know who,,guilty or not. Now she will profit from it with movie deals,,books,playboy,etc. It's fucking sad

So the jury is racist too? How about the judge? Is he a self-loathing black man? Greta must be in on it since she's a White Devil too.

Make your case that gives Casey Anthony Lethal Injection. There are many elements missing. It shouldn't have been a Murder One case. Casey is a self-serving idiot, not a murderer who lies in wait. The kid died through carelessness or recklessness, neither which put people on Death Row.

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 01:47 AM
You are an idiot. Media has absolutely no role in deciding if a person is guilty or not. Jury found her innocent dummy.

And there wasn't enough evidence for a First Degree murder conviction, that was the problem all along. I saw enough evidence to know what really happened.

Casey has no right to live.

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Same facts only Casey is ugly and over 50.

Does she walk?

I doubt it.

LittleGuy
07-06-2011, 01:56 AM
No evidence of murder

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 01:58 AM
No evidence of murder

Suicide?

tsdvdman
07-06-2011, 02:01 AM
You are an idiot. Media has absolutely no role in deciding if a person is guilty or not. Jury found her innocent dummy.

And there wasn't enough evidence for a First Degree murder conviction, that was the problem all along. I saw enough evidence to know what really happened.

Casey has no right to live.
LMAO..you my friend is the idiot. In fact,,if you don't know how powerful and influential the media is on society, culture, politics, laws,,,etc..etc you are not only an idiot,,but an ignorant idiot.

kaiser1one
07-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Her being young and white has nothing to do with it. The "glove" didn't fit, so she got acquit-ted.

Birgitta
07-06-2011, 02:07 AM
It's not whether she's guilty or not, it's who has the better lawyer. Just ask O.J.

At least thats an improvement when you compare that with the salem witch trials lol

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Her being young and white has nothing to do with it. The "glove" didn't fit, so she got acquit-ted.

You forgot female.
If she were a man or -- god forbid -- trans, she would be frying.

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 02:12 AM
LMAO..you my friend is the idiot. In fact,,if you don't know how powerful and influential the media is on society, culture, politics, laws,,,etc..etc you are not only an idiot,,but an ignorant idiot.

I actually feel sorry for you. Not worth arguing with.

tsdvdman
07-06-2011, 02:20 AM
So the jury is racist too? How about the judge? Is he a self-loathing black man? Greta must be in on it since she's a White Devil too.

Make your case that gives Casey Anthony Lethal Injection. There are many elements missing. It shouldn't have been a Murder One case. Casey is a self-serving idiot, not a murderer who lies in wait. The kid died through carelessness or recklessness, neither which put people on Death Row.
Wasn't speaking in terms of "racist" Dino. What I am saying is that the images of death penalty people are always black, hispanic or plain "hardened" criminals. There are plenty of dudes on death row whose evidence wasn't nearly as obvious as this chicks was. However..they don't get the intense media coverage and dissecting of the "humaness" like they did with Casey. The media is just not ready or willing to include images of a young, "cute" white girl who is on death row along side all the other heinous criminals who are on death row too.

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 02:22 AM
The media was killing Casey Anthony. The defense team took shots at the media for the way they depicted Casey Anthony. If anything the media was looking for a guilty verdict.

onmyknees
07-06-2011, 02:24 AM

My ever race conscience friend....the jury was SEQUESTERED and not able to read newspapers or watch TV...And every medial outlet I watched except Geraldo had her fried, so your theory is null in void and somewhat ignorant. I do agree she's guilty, but I wasn't the one deciding her fate fortunately for her. Here's what we do know.....we have a beautiful child dead....discarded in the woods like an animal, and that cunt knows exactly what happened and when....but I believe in Karma, ( ask OJ about Karma) and you mark my words...she'll get busted with a purse full of crack, and they'll throw her the fuck in jail for 5 years. And as for her entire dysfunctional clan, they deserve our utter contempt.

DaveO
07-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Some of you don't understand that it's not enough to think she's probably guilty. The prosecution didn't prove that she's guilty *beyond a reasonable doubt*. That's the standard. If you really look at the evidence you have to say it's very possible that her daughter drowned accidentally and Casey tried to cover it up out of fear.

Quiet Reflections
07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Whats really unfortunate is that the evidence just didn't add up to murder and nobody that examined the body could say what the cause of death was. Hell even the Body farm at university of Tenn. only had one hair to test. I think she did it but the evidence just wasn't there. Good job on the jury for using their brains and not their hearts. I am sure emotion will rule harshly in the civil case

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Some of you don't understand that it's not enough to think she's probably guilty. The prosecution didn't prove that she's guilty *beyond a reasonable doubt*. That's the standard. If you really look at the evidence you have to say it's very possible that her daughter drowned accidentally and Casey tried to cover it up out of fear.
It's a shame that she wasn't even charged for that then.

onmyknees
07-06-2011, 02:42 AM

I think we understand that quite well. There are 2 courts...one the court of public opinion, and the other the court of law. We as Americans are free to think whatever we like....it's called intuition. We don't put people to death because of it, but that doesn't mean our intuition is wrong either.

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Wasn't speaking in terms of "racist" Dino. What I am saying is that the images of death penalty people are always black, hispanic or plain "hardened" criminals. There are plenty of dudes on death row whose evidence wasn't nearly as obvious as this chicks was. However..they don't get the intense media coverage and dissecting of the "humaness" like they did with Casey. The media is just not ready or willing to include images of a young, "cute" white girl who is on death row along side all the other heinous criminals who are on death row too.

I won't argue that the poor get the short end of the stick in the judicial system. But, the media I was watching, most of them wanted Casey's head on a platter. Full-on Full Blooded Italian Crazy Cross-Eyed Jeanine Pirro was giving the Evil Eye in the direction of the defense through the coverage. Greta plays it pretty straight though.

OJ should've been on Death Row. His fame/income and race worked to his benefit. Also, the lazy/unprofessional/overconfident prosecutors did an abysmal job.

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 03:05 AM
How does OJ Simpson wind up in this?
How is he not just as "innocent" as Casey Anthony?

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 03:15 AM

OJ's name is always brought up when controversial decisions are discussed. As far as scoreboard(criminal standards), OJ is no more of a murderer than Casey. Using common sense, they're both responsible for a death or deaths. One has more pre-meditation and lies in wait and the other is careless/reckless/selfish and her child dies because of it.

onmyknees
07-06-2011, 03:20 AM

Huh ?? It's perfectly acceptable in my mind to draw parallels in the 2 cases because of the media coverage, the sensational infatuation that the country had with the case, the total innocence of the victims, the brutality, the verdict, and so on. And in legal terms, neither OJ nor Ms. Anthony was found "innocent" . They were found not guilty by a preponderance of the evidence. Using the term "Innocent" to describe either defendent seems an entirely misplaced term....legally or otherwise.

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Huh ?? It's perfectly acceptable in my mind to draw parallels in the 2 cases because of the media coverage, the sensational infatuation that the country had with the case, the total innocence of the victims, the brutality, the verdict, and so on. And in legal terms, neither OJ nor Ms. Anthony was found "innocent" . They were found not guilty by a preponderance of the evidence. Using the term "Innocent" to describe either defendent seems an entirely misplaced term....legally or otherwise.

It's less of a stretch understanding why OJ did it. Nicole's "innocence" was debatable. If my ex-wife was letting the guy who's fucking her drive the car I bought her I'd be furious. She spent a lotta lotta of his money. I'm not saying it's right but...

onmyknees
07-06-2011, 03:37 AM
It's less of a stretch understanding why OJ did it. Nicole's "innocence" was debatable. If my ex-wife was letting the guy who's fucking her drive the car I bought her I'd be furious. She spent a lotta lotta of his money. I'm not saying it's right but...

gotta disagree there my brother. What's good for the goose is good for a kept wife. He was gettin' his share of snatch, but couldn't deal with her gettin' hers. The only thing I would ever fault Nicole for was hypocracy. Her sister went on about how Nicole told her she only wanted a simple life and a guy to love her. Sorry, but it that's your goal...marry Gilbert Godfrey, not an international play boy.

giovanni_hotel
07-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Not to insert race, but does anyone believe if this chick was a Black female from Detroit who lied every single step of the way about what happened to her child, does anyone even pretend she'd be judged not guilty???

Sometimes a jury has to use common sense.

No sane mother makes up multiple fictions to make an accident look like a murder and herself look like a killer.

Kids accidentally drown all the time, but who then buries that kid in a swamp and says afterwards my baby was kidnapped by the nanny???

tsdvdman
07-06-2011, 03:41 AM
My ever race conscience friend....the jury was SEQUESTERED and not able to read newspapers or watch TV...And every medial outlet I watched except Geraldo had her fried, so your theory is null in void and somewhat ignorant. I do agree she's guilty, but I wasn't the one deciding her fate fortunately for her. Here's what we do know.....we have a beautiful child dead....discarded in the woods like an animal, and that cunt knows exactly what happened and when....but I believe in Karma, ( ask OJ about Karma) and you mark my words...she'll get busted with a purse full of crack, and they'll throw her the fuck in jail for 5 years. And as for her entire dysfunctional clan, they deserve our utter contempt.
OMK I'm a bit surprised at you brother..lol You strike me as a person who has the ability to see beyond.. and is not always influenced by what is said or done directly.
The people on the jury was SEQUESTERED yes..but they still came in with their own beliefs, experiences, cultural biases.etc... shaped and influenced by what?.. the MEDIA among other things. NO ONE,,and I mean NO ONE wanted to have the guilt and blood of Casey on their hands,,especially living the next 20 years or so until she got executed. Also,,many white folks saw Casey as someone they knew like a rebellious daughter, niece, cousin, cutie-pie, physco ex..party girl,,whooohoo.etc. Yes,,That's the way the media portrayed her too because it was the "sexy" sell in addition and deflection from the gruesomeness. But even with that,,they still wouldn't kill the bitch. And lastly..the Nacy Graces of the world are paid to act and say things a certain way. They play up to the overwhelming popular public opinion. That's the drama of reality TV. They seduce you into believing everything by playing on what they told you to be thinking!

onmyknees
07-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Not to insert race, but does anyone believe if this chick was a Black female from Detroit who lied every single step of the way about what happened to her child, does anyone even pretend she'd be judged not guilty???

No sane mother makes up multiple fictions to make an accident look like a murder and herself look like a killer.

Kids accidentally drown all the time, but who then buries that kid in a swamp and says afterwards my baby was kidnapped by the nanny???

While I get your point about race, and conceed to a point.....let me answer you this way...

The cops, DA and all of the press certainly believed the accusser in both the Duke rape case and DSK more recently . My point is injecting race sometimes cuts both ways. The rest of what you say is spot on.

onmyknees
07-06-2011, 03:55 AM
OMK I'm a bit surprised at you brother..lol You strike me as a person who has the ability to see beyond.. and is not always influenced by what is said or done directly.
The people on the jury was SEQUESTERED yes..but they still came in with their own beliefs, experiences, cultural biases.etc... shaped and influenced by what?.. the MEDIA among other things. NO ONE,,and I mean NO ONE wanted to have the guilt and blood of Casey on their hands,,especially living the next 20 years or so until she got executed. Also,,many white folks saw Casey as someone they knew like a rebellious daughter, niece, cousin, cutie-pie, physco ex..party girl,,whooohoo.etc. Yes,,That's the way the media portrayed her too because it was the "sexy" sell in addition and deflection from the gruesomeness. But even with that,,they still wouldn't kill the bitch. And lastly..the Nacy Graces of the world are paid to act and say things a certain way. They play up to the overwhelming popular public opinion. That's the drama of reality TV. They seduce you into believing everything by playing on what they told you to be thinking!

While I don't discount what you say entirely.....I think the injecting of race in this case is a red herring. If the jury didn't want to have Casey's blood on thier hands, they certainly could have opted for the manslaughter charge and resolved that issue. You seem to think it's about the jurors bias....but how can you be sure the only bias they had was to get thier summer back and see thier families??... after 6 weeks of being locked away no TV, shitty hotel food, and no porn tell me when you came to a fork in the road, you wouldn't choose that path. Find her not guilty, not have to worry about your conscience, and get the fuck outta dodge !!!!!

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 04:01 AM

Who do you think decides guilty or not guilty?
It's 12 jury members, not some powerful white man. I'm really sorry that people think as ignorantly as you and tsdvdman.

I can guarantee you there was a black person on the jury. And all it takes is one person to say she is guilty.

If it was some poor girl from Detroit that did this? Well, it wouldn't have happened that way because they wouldn't have a father to pin it all on. She would've said "my dad killed her"...really? Where is your daddy now? Oh, I never met him...

Sorry, but I think you get the drift. No comparison of the two.

But for shits and giggles.. lets say that the poor black girl in Detroit had a similar life with mother and father at home. If the case went the exact same way for black girl from Detroit, yes the verdict would be the same.

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 05:46 AM
When was the last time Casey had the child?

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 06:13 AM
gotta disagree there my brother.

You're a much better human being than I am but everybody has their own personal limit before going full retard.

Now Robert Blake did an act of Community Service.

Luvs T Gyrls
07-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Who do you think decides guilty or not guilty?
It's 12 jury members, not some powerful white man. I'm really sorry that people think as ignorantly as you and tsdvdman.

I can guarantee you there was a black person on the jury. And all it takes is one person to say she is guilty.

If it was some poor girl from Detroit that did this? Well, it wouldn't have happened that way because they wouldn't have a father to pin it all on. She would've said "my dad killed her"...really? Where is your daddy now? Oh, I never met him...

Sorry, but I think you get the drift. No comparison of the two.

But for shits and giggles.. lets say that the poor black girl in Detroit had a similar life with mother and father at home. If the case went the exact same way for black girl from Detroit, yes the verdict would be the same.

Here we go with the Detroit shit yet again:mad: haven't you heard there's still a 9.8 Honky population here.
and besides the Court would go broke before they could convict the girl anyway thanks to Kwame embezzlin' all the money.

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 07:09 AM
When was the last time Casey said she saw her child alive?

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 07:41 AM
The Orlando, Fla., woman first became a national obsession in July 2008, when she claimed that her 2 ½-year-old daughter, Caylee, had been kidnapped a month earlier - but she didn't report it. While her daughter was supposedly missing, Casey partied - and told her family and friends that Caylee was with a nanny. That October, Casey was charged with murder. Two months later, Caylee's skeletal remains were found not far from the family home.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/05/48hours/main20076969.shtml

It started 3 years ago. She claimed that her daughter was kidnapped from her 30 days before the child was finally reported missing. She led people to believe Caylee was still alive and that her main focus was to find Caylee to bring her home. As it says in that paragraph, the body was found I think in December.

So, 30 days before the kid was first reported missing is when Casey claimed to have last seen her daughter alive last.

Jackal
07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
The jury did the right thing. There wasn't the evidence to prove in court beyond a reasonable doubt, and that's all that matters to a juror.

giovanni_hotel
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
AmericanDream, the Detroit comparison isn't valid because the hypothetical Black defendant wouldn't have a daddy to blame the murder on?? Sarcasm doesn't prove your point, dude.
No way a Black/hispanic girl, or the majority of White females before a normal jury would have walked under similar circumstances.

Even Casey Anthony's aunt(!!) said that jury was either dumb or lazy.
Sorry, but perceptions still matter in court, even pigment/social class.

Who remembers the hispanic ex-con who the Shondra Levy murder was pinned on??

NO physical evidence, no proof he was even in the park where Levy was killed, nothing. He was convicted strictly on the 'testimony' of another prison inmate who claims this ex-con told him he attacked Levy.

If you don't think race or ethnicity plays a factor in jury decisions, you are willfully blind my friend.

What's most shocking IMO is that a admitted pathological liar was given the benefit of the doubt in a court of law, even allowing her at the last minute to concoct a fictional drowning scenario as an explanation for Caylee's death, then blame her ex-cop Daddy for burying his granddaughter in a swamp wrapped in a plastic bag, duct tape around her mouth with a heart-shaped sticker tacked on.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/caylee-anthony-casey-anthony-2009-2-18-21-33-9.jpg

The defense tried to argue the duct tape was placed on the skull of Caylee AFTER her remains were found, so who put that heart sticker on??

This bitch just lied her way out of murdering her kid.

Only in America.

giovanni_hotel
07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
The jury did the right thing. There wasn't the evidence to prove in court beyond a reasonable doubt, and that's all that matters to a juror.

Maybe that's true for the 1st degree murder charge, but the jury didn't even find Casey guilty on the lesser charges, the aggravated manslaughter and child abuse charges.

MrsKellyPierce
07-06-2011, 04:07 PM
She had a good lawyer - the lawyer will capitalize on this. I don't see how this became a race war? If they would of had more substantial evidence the jurors would of came back guilty. But the death penalty shouldn't of been the option - it should of been life in prison. The prosecution sucked.

giovanni_hotel
07-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Reasonable doubt means if there's another theory about how a crime happened, it has to be a reasonable explanation that casts doubt on the prosecution's case.

Theorizing that Casey's father knew his granddaughter drowned, covered it up and made her accidental death look like a homicide and put his OWN daughter on trial for capital murder, is not a 'reasonable' alternative theory.

That was a dumb-dumb jury.

Everyone who examined Casey's car said the trunk smelled like there was a decomposing body in there.

Was it 'reasonable' for the jury to believe the defense's argument that the smell could have been due to garbage and old pizza??

Garbage doesn't smell like a dead baby. Just saying.

Merkurie
07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
So Casey never did say when the last time she saw her daughter alive?

The jury simply did not want to see that woman fry.

The last time anyone saw the child, she was with Casey.
The mother does not report her child missing for a month. Despite being a cops daughter does not call the cops or tell anyone about it.
Continues her nightlife for a month, while "doing her own search".
When confronted about her missing daughter and the rotting oder in her car, which she AFAIK never reports as stolen, claims the nanny has the kid.
The nanny turns out not to exist.
The missing child shows up in a swamp.

The lawyer had a crap case and made the best out of it, he made the jury feel for Casey and gave them an excuse to not convict.

The prosecution over charged, since they could not prove time or manner of death.
They should have charged her with neglect, obstruction and possibly kidnapping. She would have gotten at least 20 years if not life.

Now basically, she walks.
Blago is going to do more time.

MrsKellyPierce
07-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Well Vivid just offered her a contract! So disgusting and vile!

CORVETTEDUDE
07-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't care and, You can't make me!!!:shrug:whistle:

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 09:23 PM

We can't stop Casey Anthony from taking money from people but we can punish the people who pay her. Don't support Vivid then.

nohj68
07-06-2011, 09:25 PM

I agree 100%. I hope there is such a thing as karma and it bites her right in the ass. She does not deserve to breath the air we do.

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree 100%. I hope there is such a thing as karma and it bites her right in the ass. She does not deserve to breath the air we do.

There's no such thing as Karma. Society can shun her on their own. It's called Cause & Effect.

Luvs T Gyrls
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
No bloody glove planted by the man this around, and while we are speaking of Detroit, their is a constant atrocity of Children being slaughtered in heinous fashion here on a regular basis by live in boyfriends and own mothers black and white ergo the sarcasm.
One of interest in the Michigan area at the present time is John Skeleton and the alleged
disapearance of his 3 sons last fall awaiting trial,this Casey Anthony verdict will have an impact on this case believe that.
Another is the Case of Nevaeh Buchanan from the same area several years ago found murdered and dumped by the river,the suspects were the mothers child molester friends and her blatantly witholding evidence claiming her innocence Nancy Grace called her out when she did some half ass interview afterward,she is still free and no one has gone to trial,they got some real deluxe peckerwoods down Monroe County way.
This is just the tip of the iceberg in our sick society of perverts and worse so this whole Anthony verdict this comes as no surprise whatsoever.

giovanni_hotel
07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ad4z4.png

Dino Velvet
07-06-2011, 11:32 PM

They should be forced to marry each other. OJ hides a dripping bloody knife behind his back and Casey hides a wet cloth that has a funny odor behind hers.

AmericanDream
07-06-2011, 11:38 PM
So Casey never did say when the last time she saw her daughter alive?

The jury simply did not want to see that woman fry.

The last time anyone saw the child, she was with Casey.
The mother does not report her child missing for a month. Despite being a cops daughter does not call the cops or tell anyone about it.
Continues her nightlife for a month, while "doing her own search".
When confronted about her missing daughter and the rotting oder in her car, which she AFAIK never reports as stolen, claims the nanny has the kid.
The nanny turns out not to exist.
The missing child shows up in a swamp.

The lawyer had a crap case and made the best out of it, he made the jury feel for Casey and gave them an excuse to not convict.

The prosecution over charged, since they could not prove time or manner of death.
They should have charged her with neglect, obstruction and possibly kidnapping. She would have gotten at least 20 years if not life.

Now basically, she walks.
Blago is going to do more time.
Nicely put. I'm going to use this, I hope you don't mind.

TSPornFan
07-07-2011, 12:01 AM
The prosecution failed to prove the case. There was no way to prove if Casey died by an accident or was murdered. There was no murder weapon. All they had was a motive, nothing more. Casey did not call the cops until a month later. However, the defense used Casey's mental health and accused her father and brother of sexual base, to make the jury think Casey was too mentally damaged by her daughter's lost to call the police.

The police made things worst. During the testimony of the meter guy, he reported that the police ignored him when he saw something odd in the woods that could be a skull.

giovanni_hotel
07-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Caylee, Casey was the mom.

Masking tape was found over Caylee's skull, covering her nose and mouth. Hardly an accidental death. Masking tape covering the mouth and nose = MURDER.

There was no prior evidence of sexual abuse by Casey's father against her, and Casey never EVER called the cops; her own mother was the one who reported that her granddaughter was missing.

None of Casey's friends ever recall her grieving or expressing distress over her missing daughter Caylee. SHe was partying non-stop for a month while her daughter 'magically' vanished in a swamp blocks away from her parents' home.

Casey never told anyone her daughter accidentally drowned until she pulled that shit out at her trial.

Not one of the theories trotted out by the defense was reasonable OR plausible.

To top it all off, this idiot jury deliberated a grand total of TEN HOURS before finding Casey innocent of the most severe charges.

FIne if you didn't follow the case blow by blow, FRANKLIN, but don't make up shit to justify a fucked up verdict.

TSPornFan
07-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I didn't make up anything. I only got the names mixed up. Casey did in fact speak to the cops a month later. Secondly I never said her father and brother sexually abused her. I said that was apart of the defense's plan.

Luvs T Gyrls
07-07-2011, 05:31 AM

:iagree: Didn't take long did it, keep an eye on the Skelton case 3 missing
boys,the father claims their safe and hidden from their mother, no bodies found after an extensive search, his failed suicide attempt and now he has this legal precedent that will either free or fry him stay tuned.....

nonnonnon
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I hope she takes the vivid offer. I'm sure she needs cash

EyeCumInPiece
07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
id fuck her.

Lover
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
YouTube - ‪Makeup Tips: Casey Anthony Look‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrw1nCIx4E)

mealticket
07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
medical examiner could not find a cause of death, could not prove motive, girl wanting to party isnt much of a motive, and they could not prove pre meditation...i think she is guilty of causing the death but we will never know know whether by accident or murder

Luvs T Gyrls
07-07-2011, 09:39 PM
medical examiner could not find a cause of death, could not prove motive, girl wanting to party isnt much of a motive, and they could not prove pre meditation...i think she is guilty of causing the death but we will never know know whether by accident or murder

Werner Spitz knows his shit after a long career as ME for Wayne County(Detroit)I'll give em that,"shoddy autopsy" I belive he called it
that's the prosecutions responsibility and they did not have their
shit together in that regard.

CORVETTEDUDE
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
We can't stop Casey Anthony from taking money from people but we can punish the people who pay her. Don't support Vivid then.

No worries, I don't anyway!!!:whistle:

Dino Velvet
07-07-2011, 10:43 PM
No worries, I don't anyway!!!:whistle:

Don't download them either. Vivid punishes pirates by making them watch boring porno. I'd rather get a virus on my computer than have to endure the endless cum dodging.

giovanni_hotel
07-07-2011, 11:00 PM

You could still reasonably infer that Caylee was murdered, based on the state of her remains being found wrapped in plastic garbage bag in a swamp.

Juries across the country find people guilty of murder without knowing the specific cause of death.

In the Shondra Levy case, all they had were bones too, yet a jury convicted someone based off the witness testimony of an ex-con.

You forfeit the right to claim someone's death is an 'accident' when you dump their body in a swamp and later LIE repeatedly to EVERYONE about the whereabouts of your daughter.

mealticket
07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
You could still reasonably infer that Caylee was murdered, based on the state of her remains being found wrapped in plastic garbage bag in a swamp.

Juries across the country find people guilty of murder without knowing the specific cause of death.

In the Shondra Levy case, all they had were bones too, yet a jury convicted someone based off the witness testimony of an ex-con.

You forfeit the right to claim someone's death is an 'accident' when you dump their body in a swamp and later LIE repeatedly to EVERYONE about the whereabouts of your daughter.

but you also could have reasonable doubt on how the body got there, were the parents involved, was it an accident or murder, was the lil girl killed by the duct tape or drowning....the justice system does not state that if you dump a dead body in the woods you are automatically a killer, even though I think Casey most likely did kill her daughter there is reasonable doubt... however I think you could run that trial from scratch with a whole new jury and get a guilty verdict too...all depends on who is in the jury

bte
07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Don't know if anyone mentioned the CSI effect in this thread, but I think the jury was affected by this effect. I heard it mentioned on a few news shows.

Merkurie
07-08-2011, 02:23 AM
If a Nigger, Spic, or Dago-- dumped an child's body wrapped in duct tape inside a plastic bag in a swamp, that is going to be ruled a murder beyond a reasonable doubt in the United States.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 02:49 AM
If a Nigger, Spic, or Dago-- dumped an child's body wrapped in duct tape inside a plastic bag in a swamp, that is going to be ruled a murder beyond a reasonable doubt in the United States.

Casey is half-Italian, no? Her Latin attorney got her off and the judge was Black.

Merkurie
07-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Casey is half-Italian, no? Her Latin attorney got her off and the judge was Black.

You got it.

And if they could have the jury would have convicted Casey's father. With the same facts, if Mr. Anthony had been on trial he would be in an orange jump suit right now.

Her Latin attorney know the score and thats why he served up her father with no evidence, to give the jury an excuse to not send that girl to the gas chamber.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 03:03 AM
You got it.

And if they could have the jury would have convicted Casey's father. With the same facts, if Mr. Anthony had been on trial he would be in an orange jump suit right now.

Her Latin attorney know the score and thats why he served up her father with no evidence, to give the jury an excuse to not send that girl to the gas chamber.

Actually I don't got if if that's what you think I think.

Casey's Irish blood didn't save her any more than her Italian blood condemned her. You know Italians are White too, right? I know some of the Southerners look funny but they still check off the box that says "Caucasian".

The deterioration of the evidence was a larger factor in the jury's decision.

onmyknees
07-08-2011, 03:06 AM

Still looking to dredge up some racial angle? I haven't heard the term Dago used since the 70's. Thanks for the memories !

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Still looking to dredge up some racial angle? I haven't heard the term Dago used since the 70's. Thanks for the memories !

I use Dego all the time. Did I spell it right? Are you an Eye-Talian, onmyknees?

Falrune
07-08-2011, 03:17 AM
I use Dego all the time. Did I spell it right? Are you an Eye-Talian, onmyknees?

Dino ... I leave you alone for a few months and you start getting into trouble with other nationalities and even Australian aborigines. You gotta stick to Asians LOL :whistle:

onmyknees
07-08-2011, 03:19 AM

I think it's Dago Dino....I don't use it...Dated a Queens girl that was Gotti's Neice...so I checked all my affectionate, yet derogatory
slang at the door! Great cook, and great with a ginsu knife too !! And yea....I'm half Silician.

AllanahStarrNYC
07-08-2011, 03:21 AM
One of the reasonable people, even though she was suspicious and acted strange during the time her daughter was missing there was no solid evidence that she killed her daughter and that's that, we can't complain about injustices when someone is falsely accused but want someone to get the death penalty when the evidence isn't there that they did it

I agree. The evidence was, as said, mostly
circumstantial, the jury did it's job and that is why they clearly came back in one day- there was no solid proof.

Everyone these days is guilty until proven innocent no matter what, especially in the media.

Perfect example DSK.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Dino ... I leave you alone for a few months and you start getting into trouble with other nationalities and even Australian aborigines. You gotta stick to Asians LOL :whistle:

Really? Italians? I get mistaken for one all the time. Seems people have no idea what Russians look like. I have nose and forehead like Putin. We could be cousins.

loren
07-08-2011, 04:03 AM
OMG I thought you were kidding, until I looked it up.

betts
07-08-2011, 04:11 AM
OMG I thought you were kidding, until I looked it up.

They've since dropped the offer.

giovanni_hotel
07-08-2011, 04:20 AM
I agree. The evidence was, as said, mostly
circumstantial, the jury did it's job and that is why they clearly came back in one day- there was no solid proof.

Everyone these days is guilty until proven innocent no matter what, especially in the media.

Perfect example DSK.

Jurors have a responsibility to 'connect the dots' in a criminal trial. They can't have this standard of proof be that someone had to SEE Casey Anthony kill her child.

Circumstantial evidence when it's overwhelming is enough to convict in most cases.

No mother lies for 31 days about the accidental swimming death of their child, who is then found to have been dumped in a swamp less than 10 blocks from her parent's house.

Before Casey Anthony accused her father of helping to cover up the alleged drowning of her child, Casey and her defense team were floating the theory that Casey's ex-fiance was involved in Caylee's disappearance.

Everyone who opened the trunk of Casey Anthony's car after Casey disappeared all said it smelled like a decomposing body.

It's bizarre to me how so many people, especially the jurors, found it in their hearts and minds to give a pathological liar like Casey Anthony the benefit of the doubt when she's lied since the beginning in this case.

She has NO CREDIBILITY, therefore any theory she offers about Casey dying from an accidental drowning is not to be believed.

Caylee Anthony found in a swamp, duct taped and dumped in a plastic bag, should have been enough to convince reasonable people that Casey was at least guilty of child neglect and aggravated child abuse.

The jurors applied reasonable doubt to every single argument made by the prosecution, all the physical evidence discovered by the Orlando detectives and FBI.

The 80+ searches for chloroform on Casey's computer, etc, nothing mattered to these jurors.

They hardly took notes in this trial and decided in 10 hours this nutty bitch maybe didn't kill her child.

Possibly the biggest group of idiots to ever serve on a jury in a criminal case.

onmyknees
07-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Jurors have a responsibility to 'connect the dots' in a criminal trial. They can't have this standard of proof be that someone had to SEE Casey Anthony kill her child.

Circumstantial evidence when it's overwhelming is enough to convict in most cases.

No mother lies for 31 days about the accidental swimming death of their child, who is then found to have been dumped in a swamp less than 10 blocks from her parent's house.

Before Casey Anthony accused her father of helping to cover up the alleged drowning of her child, Casey and her defense team were floating the theory that Casey's ex-fiance was involved in Caylee's disappearance.

Everyone who opened the trunk of Casey Anthony's car after Casey disappeared all said it smelled like a decomposing body.

It's bizarre to me how so many people, especially the jurors, found it in their hearts and minds to give a pathological liar like Casey Anthony the benefit of the doubt when she's lied since the beginning in this case.

She has NO CREDIBILITY, therefore any theory she offers about Casey dying from an accidental drowning is not to be believed.

Caylee Anthony found in a swamp, duct taped and dumped in a plastic bag, should have been enough to convince reasonable people that Casey was at least guilty of child neglect and aggravated child abuse.

The jurors applied reasonable doubt to every single argument made by the prosecution, all the physical evidence discovered by the Orlando detectives and FBI.

The 80+ searches for chloroform on Casey's computer, etc, nothing mattered to these jurors.

They hardly took notes in this trial and decided in 10 hours this nutty bitch maybe didn't kill her child.

Possibly the biggest group of idiots to ever serve on a jury in a criminal case.

Well Said GH. Not much to add except I see she had a new hairdo in court today. Probably trying to solicit her first shot of cock in nearly 3 years. She need look no further than here on HA... no doubt she's have more than a few volunteers! LMAO Man...if there was ever a case to be made for mandatory sterilization....this sick bitch would be it.

I feel like the the public got collectively fucked by this tribe of
dysfunctional liars and scam artists who lied to each other, the cops, and to the jurors. They told lies to cover other lies..I wish all of them nothing but agony and toil for as long as they consume air.

AmericanDream
07-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Well Said GH. Not much to add except I see she had a new hairdo in court today. Probably trying to solicit her first shot of cock in nearly 3 years. She need look no further than here on HA... no doubt she's have more than a few volunteers! LMAO Man...if there was ever a case to be made for mandatory sterilization....this sick bitch would be it.

I feel like the the public got collectively fucked by this tribe of
dysfunctional liars and scam artists who lied to each other, the cops, and to the jurors. They told lies to cover other lies..I wish all of them nothing but agony and toil for as long as they consume air.
That is incredibly sad.

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law

Everyone can sign that. It will become a felony for anyone to not report a missing child in a timely fashion.

AmericanDream
07-08-2011, 06:10 AM

I respect what you say, but please take the race issues out of this conversation. Race had nothing to do with this woman being acquitted, it is simply Jose Baez exposing the flaws in the system.

If you actually think white people can get away with murder because the color of their skin then you have your head stuck up your ass. It may have had more to do with it being a woman than anything else and Jose Baez was able to get the jury to feel compassion towards the young woman.

The jury ate that shit up but to say a young black woman with the same circumstances would've been convicted is just entirely ignorant.

Look at Tom Capano. He was convicted of murder and sent to prison. All they had was a brother who testified against him saying he saw something. He was a white man.

I feel sorry for you if your that big of an ignoramus. But then again you don't care who uses the word faggot, just as long as they don't say n*gger. I see where your heads at.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Speaking of Honkys, lily White Scott Peterson got the upgrade to Death Row with mainly a lotta lotta circumstantial evidence.

Ineeda SM
07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Who said there is no such thing as the perfect crime. We throw people in jail for the most stupid fucking things, but killiers go free. Our justice system sucks.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Who said there is no such thing as the perfect crime. We throw people in jail for the most stupid fucking things, but killiers go free. Our justice system sucks.

It's not perfect but how would you improve the judicial system? I really, really hate that Caylee will never get justice. But the walk on the charge isn't the worst thing. The most villainous people in the courtroom will actually make money because a 2 year old was killed. But still, when I take a deep breath, I realize that our system is much more just than many other countries have.

Los Angeles resident
07-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I see Casey and her mafioso legal team are very happy she's going to be free soon, never mind her two-year-old baby daughter met a horrible end. She's even let her hair down. I'm willing to bet she won't bother to visit her daughter's grave when she's released.

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-07/63072081.jpg

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-07/63072085.jpg

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-07/63072105.jpg

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-07/63072116.jpg

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-07/63072117.jpg

The jury failed Cailee miserably. I'd rather kill myself than be in the jury's shoes.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I'd like to discuss the child molestation allegations against the father. The parents worked both sides to save their daughter's life. Is there any chance that the father was co-operative and knew Baez was going to say that planning on denying it when he takes the stand? It certainly helps muddy the waters more and, at least, pulls the needle out of Casey's arm out of sympathy.

Who paid Baez's fee also?

robertlouis
07-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I've been following this thread without commenting so far, as it's very clear that this case has aroused huge passions and it might be unwise to enter the fray. So please let me give you an objective outsider's overview.

There isn't that much wrong intrinsically with your legal system per se. The problem I see from the outside is the ridiculous level of access and opportunity that the media have to speculate and comment, and whip up a level of hysteria which seems to make it almost impossible for anyone to receive a genuinely fair, or at least objectively judged, trial.

A lot of what the press and TV have been able to report openly in this case would constitute contempt of court over here in the UK, to the extent that the defendant might have been acquitted simply on the basis that the media had destroyed the circumstances in which a fair trial could take place.

The jury did their job, assessing the evidence as presented in court by the defence and the prosecution. You may not like their decision, but it's wrong to say that they didn't do what was asked of them within the strict terms of their remit. If you allow speculation and rumour to enter their deliberations you may as well do away with the jury system and revert to lynch law, which, to square the circle, is what is happening via the media and to a large extent, if you'll forgive me, in this thread.

As usual, the errors which led directly and indirectly to the not guilty verdict were committed primarily by the prosecution team and the police. Not the jury, nor the defence.

Dino Velvet
07-08-2011, 08:43 AM
I've been following this thread without commenting so far, as it's very clear that this case has aroused huge passions and it might be unwise to enter the fray. So please let me give you an objective outsider's overview.

There isn't that much wrong intrinsically with your legal system per se. The problem I see from the outside is the ridiculous level of access and opportunity that the media have to speculate and comment, and whip up a level of hysteria which seems to make it almost impossible for anyone to receive a genuinely fair, or at least objectively judged, trial.

A lot of what the press and TV have been able to report openly in this case would constitute contempt of court over here in the UK, to the extent that the defendant might have been acquitted simply on the basis that the media had destroyed the circumstances in which a fair trial could take place.

The jury did their job, assessing the evidence as presented in court by the defence and the prosecution. You may not like their decision, but it's wrong to say that they didn't do what was asked of them within the strict terms of their remit. If you allow speculation and rumour to enter their deliberations you may as well do away with the jury system and revert to lynch law, which, to square the circle, is what is happening via the media and to a large extent, if you'll forgive me, in this thread.

As usual, the errors which led directly and indirectly to the not guilty verdict were committed primarily by the prosecution team and the police. Not the jury, nor the defence.

I agree on the volume of information we get over here. I don't know how they find jurors in high profile cases that are completely out of the loop and have no strong opinions.

giovanni_hotel
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Why is it so impossible to believe a jury could simply be INCOMPETENT???

There were several reports than most of the jurors took NO NOTES during court testimony, and despite the hours of forensic testimony and scientific arguments given in court by the prosecution, these jurors recessed after final statements and came back with a verdict in less than half a day.

Juror #4, the nurse, said she simply found it more PLAUSIBLE that Casey Anthony's daughter died accidentally rather than Casey chloroforming her own kid, stashing her in the back of her car and later burying her in a swamp!!!

So why the hell in open court was it revealed AND confirmed that Casey borrowed a shovel from her parent's house in the days following the last time Caylee's grandparents saw her alive??

I admit it's possible the prosecution may have had a greater chance for a successful conviction had they not pursued the death penalty, and only sought a 2nd degree murder conviction, but IMO if these jurors had applied a little bit of logic, common sense AND additionally factored in the forensic evidence, ( the chloroform 'hit' from the trunk of Casey's car, the state in which Caylee's body was found), it would not have taken those jurors that big a leap to reach murder 1.

One medical examiner testifying for the prosecution summed it up best, duct tape found over the mouth and nose is typically evidence of a homicide, duct tape that was the same type taken from Caylee's parent's house(!!).

Why would a NORMAL PERSON place duct tape over the mouth/nose of a toddler who 'died' from an accidental drowning, then bury them, repeatedly lie about their whereabouts and deliberately make their death look like a MURDER??

This is the logical, legal deduction jurors are supposed to make in a criminal case.

Instead these peanut-brains decided to believe the defense 'expert' who theorized the duct tape was taken from Casey's parent's house and placed on Caylee's skull AFTER her remains were found!! WTF???

The defense was lobbing shit burgers to the jury gallery and those idiots were swallowing them whole.

This case was won by the defense during the jury selection phase of this trial.

fred41
07-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Jury selection is INCREDIBLY important in any case.

As someone else said...you can pick a new jury and possibly get a different verdict (or not)...as someone also mentioned - Scott Peterson was convicted by a jury on almost less evidence than this (although he seemed even more unlikable - if that is possible - than Casey Anthony).

A good Attorney (or a team of attorneys as is sometimes the case) often wins on jury selection alone.

shydude
07-08-2011, 04:59 PM
that bitch deserves to die. i dont give a fuck what anyone says.
if she wanted to party so damn much she shouldn't of spread her damn legs and had a kid.
I'm sorry everyone it just makes me mad that this little 2 year old girl wont get justice for what happened to her

onmyknees
07-09-2011, 12:31 AM
It's not perfect but how would you improve the judicial system? I really, really hate that Caylee will never get justice. But the walk on the charge isn't the worst thing. The most villainous people in the courtroom will actually make money because a 2 year old was killed. But still, when I take a deep breath, I realize that our system is much more just than many other countries have.

Brother Dino....there's different kinds of "justice" . True she will walk free, but she is the most despised woman in America...Imagine carrying that burden...everywhere she goes, everything she does she's going to run into someone who has unkind, even hateful words for her. Anyone might be able to withstand that for several weeks, but for a lifetime? I said earlier this will not be her last brush with the legal system...she's pathological. She may be free, but her life will be absolute torment, and she deserves every tortured second of it.

fred41
07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Brother Dino....there's different kinds of "justice" . True she will walk free, but she is the most despised woman in America...Imagine carrying that burden...everywhere she goes, everything she does she's going to run into someone who has unkind, even hateful words for her. Anyone might be able to withstand that for several weeks, but for a lifetime? I said earlier this will not be her last brush with the legal system...she's pathological. She may be free, but her life will be absolute torment, and she deserves every tortured second of it.

If she's a true sociopath...she doesn't care what others think of her...ever.

...but I also believe that she'll have other problems with the law in the future.

hippifried
07-09-2011, 02:13 AM
There's nothing wrong with the judicial system. What? There's a presumption of innocence unless Nancy Grace says otherwise on a case by case basis? She's been trying to prosecute Casey Anthony on TV, every single day for the last couple of years. The problem is the public (that's y'all) acceptance of "trial by media" as legitimate. It isn't legitimate, & criminal cases aren't tried by TV talking heads. Does anybody really want that? More to the point here: Does anybody really think that they know the evidence of this case better than the jury it was presented to? Biot the juror & the alternate (who wasn't in the deliberations), who were willing to talk to the media after the trial, basically said the same thing; that it wasn't just that the prosecution didn't prove that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter. It was that they never proved a murder was committed in the first place. There's no cause of death.

Hate to burst everybody's self righteous reactionary bubble here (well not really), but this is America. You can't convict someone of a crime, especially a capital crime, with nothing but guesses, innuendo, & likability of the defendant. It isn't a popularity contest or a beauty pageant. It's not about the victim or any of that crap about "justice for the victim" either. It's supposed to be about evidence. It's either there or it isn't. In this case, apparently it wasn't.

dreamon
07-09-2011, 02:22 AM
just remember that not guilty =/= innocent. You can be not guilty of the crime while still not being innocent. I am of the opinion that she killed her daughter, but she is clearly not guilty.

Yes, it's fucked up that things can be like that, but the American justice system works better than any other one in the world. For every Casey Anthony, there are another 20 or 30 people who get what they deserve.

giovanni_hotel
07-09-2011, 02:25 AM
The circumstantial evidence in this case was piled high to the ceiling.

There was enough to convict her and still follow the law.

Most of the jurors who've spoken up have stated they simply believed the defense more than the prosecution, and you still hear very little questioning or their reasoning for their unwillingness to accept the forensic evidence or expert testimony presented by the prosecution.

What part of duct tape wrapped over the mouth and nose of Caylee Anthony didn't they understand??

She didn't put it there. THe last person anyone ever saw with Caylee was her mother.

At some point a pathological liar becomes suspicious, but not to these jurors. Casey tells these dummies she was MOLESTED, the first time in her life she's ever said this btw to anyone, by her BROTHER and FATHER, and the jurors choose to believe this bitch without her ever taking the stand to defend this ridiculous claim.

Odds are anything that comes out of Casey's mouth is a lie, so when did she all of a sudden become credible??

Since when does an INNOCENT person refuse to testify in their own MURDER trial???

Idiots.

Jimmy W
07-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Which one of you was on the jury and heard all of the evidence?

AmericanDream
07-09-2011, 03:03 AM
The whole case was broadcasted to the world on TruTV. I watched it just about everyday and saw everything the jury saw. TruTV would do summaries of what went on during that day too. So, I wasn't on the jury but I certainly heard all of the case.

Merkurie
07-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Casey Anthony did not take the stand because the first question she would have to answer is:
"When and where was the last time you saw your daughter alive"?

AFAIK she never testifies as to when and where she lost her kid.

Second question:
When was your car outside of your possession and control?
Somebodies remains had been in that car.

If she had taken the stand she would have had to specify when, where and how she was molested by her father and brother.
She would have had to specify when where and how Calyee drowned.

hippifried
07-09-2011, 03:21 AM
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the defendant never took the stand.

Circumstantial evidence is just that. A preponderance of maybes doesn't add up to a fact, regardless of how many get tossed into the mix. This wasn't a lawsuit. It was a criminal case, & the burdon of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt". The jury had doubts. Not just about the defendant, but about the "crime" itself. That's a double whammy just begging for an acquittal. The jury wasn't stupid, malicious, or greedy, & there's no contrary evidence to back up any sour grapes claims against them. So go pay off your bets. Your bookie won't buy these excuses either.

Which one of you was on the jury and heard all of the evidence?

Everybody. Isn't that obvious? It's a special psychic connection through the blonde "medium" at Headline News, & her crystal ouija board.

Jericho
07-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Yes, it's fucked up that things can be like that, but the American justice system works better than any other one in the world.

I'm not trying to be snide, I'm just curious.
Do you honestly believe that or are you just wearing your patriot glasses?

Merkurie
07-09-2011, 03:46 AM
How does a child's body wind up with duct tape around its skull in a bag in a swamp--
and there be a question as to whether a crime has been committed?

How does one wind up with evidence of a corpse in their trunk and not be connected with a murder?

And how does that same person lie to the police about the whereabouts of a person (who they are responsible for and who was last seen in their custody) -- who turns up dead in a swamp wrapped in duct tape -- not get convicted of murder?

onmyknees
07-09-2011, 04:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with the judicial system. What? There's a presumption of innocence unless Nancy Grace says otherwise on a case by case basis? She's been trying to prosecute Casey Anthony on TV, every single day for the last couple of years. The problem is the public (that's y'all) acceptance of "trial by media" as legitimate. It isn't legitimate, & criminal cases aren't tried by TV talking heads. Does anybody really want that? More to the point here: Does anybody really think that they know the evidence of this case better than the jury it was presented to? Biot the juror & the alternate (who wasn't in the deliberations), who were willing to talk to the media after the trial, basically said the same thing; that it wasn't just that the prosecution didn't prove that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter. It was that they never proved a murder was committed in the first place. There's no cause of death.

Hate to burst everybody's self righteous reactionary bubble here (well not really), but this is America. You can't convict someone of a crime, especially a capital crime, with nothing but guesses, innuendo, & likability of the defendant. It isn't a popularity contest or a beauty pageant. It's not about the victim or any of that crap about "justice for the victim" either. It's supposed to be about evidence. It's either there or it isn't. In this case, apparently it wasn't.

Wow...profound. What's your cure for the Nancy Grace's of the world spouting what she wants to spout? Silence them? Lecture them on the America you want? ( god help us) Maybe the fairness doctrine would work for you...so that every 30 minutes Nancy Grace rails about the accused, the defense would get an equal amount of time to make their case to the public at large. You tell us this is America, yet you make a statement like that. You make it sound like jury's haven't made terrible mistakes. We don't ( or at least I don't) need Nancy Grace to tell me the fucking sky is blue. Many did hear all the evidence, and more because the trial was there for us to see. I heard juror #2 ( the fat chick) say last night that it could have been an terrible accident. Oh really....?????? what evidence was she listening to because there was none to substantiate that. None whatsoever. When was the last time a drowning victim was found with duct tape ? It tells us something about her thought process. Hey....they had an out ( manslaughter) if they didn't hear evidence of premeditation, but they kicked it around for 12 hours, rendered their decision and bolted. They deserve credit for doing their civil duty, and for being locked away for 6 weeks, but they're not about our criticism, just as you're not above mine...Maybe you aren't aware that people are tired for murder with no body, no eye witnesses no DNA and are convicted everyday in this country. You lament about Nancy Grace....as if she had something to do with the outcome or at least our perception of the case, yet nearly every major city has a CSI series named after it. The crime lab chic investigators are playboy hot, the murder scenes sanitary, the crime labs all set in beautifully designed and lighted buildings, the detectives always dapper and cool, and they solve the brutal murders every week in a way that would make Mcguiver proud, and it's all wrapped up and tied in a bow in an hour or less. Case closed...I submit that has a lot more to do with the thought process and the expectations of many jurors as Nancy Grace does. As usual you're off the mark.

Dino Velvet
07-09-2011, 04:11 AM
I don't like Nancy Grace either so I keep fresh batteries in the remote.

Dino Velvet
07-09-2011, 04:27 AM

Since she's more the sociopathic type so she processes information and events differently than we would. She is responsible for the death of a girl that lived inside of her for nine months. She didn't want the burden or responsibility. Caylee was an obstacle for Casey slutting it up at the bar when she should be at home taking care of her daughter. She's good at manipulating and fooling people so a few people even described her as a "good mother". WTF?

These yahoos standing out in front of the courthouse are a bunch of dummies too.

Deimos
07-09-2011, 05:17 AM
in regards to a book or movie, george carlin said it best "in this sick fucking world? you'd have people skipping church to see this shit!"

sad but true... i mean there are people that idolize serial killers like ed gein and albert fish.

CORVETTEDUDE
07-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Ya know what...fuck Casey Anthony and the horse she rode in on!!! If she were on fire in the middle of the desert, I wouldn't piss on her to put her out!!!

Ineeda SM
07-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Ya know what...fuck Casey Anthony and the horse she rode in on!!! If she were on fire in the middle of the desert, I wouldn't piss on her to put her out!!!

I would put duck tape over her mouth and nose and watch as she suffocates in the trunk of her car. Then throw her in the lake.

I love poetic justice.

Dino Velvet
07-09-2011, 06:48 AM

I'd turn around and do something else to her though.

robertlouis
07-09-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not trying to be snide, I'm just curious.
Do you honestly believe that or are you just wearing your patriot glasses?

Jericho mate, I've learned a lesson here. Stay out of Merkin legal shit. You'll only get bruised.

arnie666
07-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Her lawyers did a standup job, got a jury of her peers. She was a total fucking moron, so they found a jury of morons.

And I can't remember a time that a pretty young white female (she isn't my type but a lot of guys seem to want to fuck her, ) got the death sentence or life without parole for harming a child.

Fact is, people just don't want to believe how much evil there is in the world.It seems the more ridiculous and awful the crime is , the less people want to believe it. And the notion that a pretty white female could kill her own child just seems ridiculous . So the moron jury just couldn't accept the evidence put in front of them,they also demand CSI style proof, everyone these days in a wannabe detective.Believe me if she had been a man or some fat black as coal baboon like female she would be in prison for a very long time.

There are psychopaths and sociopaths on this planet and just being a young pretty female with breasts doesn't disqualify them from that label.

Jericho
07-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Jericho mate, I've learned a lesson here. Stay out of Merkin legal shit. You'll only get bruised.

I'm thinking you could well be right.
(The whole plea bargaining thing baffles me).

Dino Velvet
07-09-2011, 10:45 PM

I actually enjoyed the feedback from you English. We can compare and contrast our systems in a respectful manner. You guys speak your mind. It's fine.

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 06:40 AM
I actually enjoyed the feedback from you English. We can compare and contrast our systems in a respectful manner. You guys speak your mind. It's fine.

Dino, first of all, thanks for your generous comments. I'm glad you at least recognise that the old imperial power is simply trying to bring its old world wisdom to bear on your fledgling nation's problems. :whistle:

And you know I love you like a brother.

But.......

I'm a Scot, and Jericho lives in Wales - I don't know if he's Welsh, but he could be. You might therefore have committed the greatest possible sin in the eyes of the subject Celtic peoples of these islands - addressing us as English.

On this first occasion, I'll let it pass, although I have torn previous offenders limb from living, shrieking limb, on the grounds that you were unaware of the full facts. But be warned, if there is any repetition, I will come after you seeking full highland retribution, and my claymore's blood thirst will not be slaked until it has tasted the blood of the offender.

Okay? Now sleep well and dinna' fash yersel'. :)

Dino Velvet
07-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Dino, first of all, thanks for your generous comments. I'm glad you at least recognise that the old imperial power is simply trying to bring its old world wisdom to bear on your fledgling nation's problems. :whistle:

And you know I love you like a brother.

But.......

I'm a Scot, and Jericho lives in Wales - I don't know if he's Welsh, but he could be. You might therefore have committed the greatest possible sin in the eyes of the subject Celtic peoples of these islands - addressing us as English.

On this first occasion, I'll let it pass, although I have torn previous offenders limb from living, shrieking limb, on the grounds that you were unaware of the full facts. But be warned, if there is any repetition, I will come after you seeking full highland retribution, and my claymore's blood thirst will not be slaked until it has tasted the blood of the offender.

Okay? Now sleep well and dinna' fash yersel'. :)

Sorry. I've worked in a few Irish Pubs and should know not to assume things. I'll just refer to you guys as "over there". I live in America but if you visited me you might mistake it for Mexico and I'd have to sew your face on a soccer ball.:cheers:

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Sorry. I've worked in a few Irish Pubs and should know not to assume things. I'll just refer to you guys as "over there". I live in America but if you visited me you might mistake it for Mexico and I'd have to sew your face on a soccer ball.:cheers:

Deal. I'll bring you some proper whisky and we can have some friendly knife fights with your neighbours.

Dino Velvet
07-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Deal. I'll bring you some proper whisky and we can have some friendly knife fights with your neighbours.

Bring some of that Over There Whisky. I like it too. I have plenty of proper Mary Jane.

The Royals are my new neighbors.

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Bring some of that Over There Whisky. I like it too. I have plenty of proper Mary Jane.

The Royals are my new neighbors.

Indeed they are. Any thoughts on the delectable Duchess?

This could get me locked up in the tower, but what the hell...... :dancing:

Dino Velvet
07-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Indeed they are. Any thoughts on the delectable Duchess?

This could get me locked up in the tower, but what the hell...... :dancing:

Kate's hot. So is Pippa.

LA's going bananas over William and Kate. Seem like nice folks. I'm sure they're having fun here.

Jericho
07-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm a Scot, and Jericho lives in Wales - I don't know if he's Welsh, but he could be.

With a healthy slice of Armenian but yeah, pretty much.
I don't have a sword, I'll have to beat 'im to death with a leek! :shrug

Dino Velvet
07-10-2011, 07:39 AM
I have a sword. I also have 12 guns and 8700 rounds.

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 07:41 AM

And you know where to stick the ceremonial daff when you're finished.....

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 07:42 AM

After you then Jericho. I'll let you soften him up then I'll move in for the kill....

Jericho
07-10-2011, 07:46 AM

I was planning on sneaking up on ya! :whistle:

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/30/3008/BX3BF00Z/art-print/comedian-max-boyce-carrying-a-giant-leek-in-edinburgh-during-his-tour-of-scotland-c-1978.jpg

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I was planning on sneaking up on ya! :whistle:

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/30/3008/BX3BF00Z/art-print/comedian-max-boyce-carrying-a-giant-leek-in-edinburgh-during-his-tour-of-scotland-c-1978.jpg

Ah, Max tossing himself off in the Grassmarket, there's wanking for you.

And always remember the glorious camaraderie of rugby union - the Welsh play the Scots, and they all drink and celebrate together. The French play the Irish, and they all drink and celebrate together. The Italians play the Argentines, and they all drink and celebrate together..................................

...........................and as long as someone, somewhere, is beating seven kinds of shit out of the bastard fucking English, we all go home happy.

:dancing::party::dancing:

Jericho
07-10-2011, 08:26 AM
...........................and as long as someone, somewhere, is beating seven kinds of shit out of the bastard fucking English, we all go home happy.

:dancing::party::dancing:

Oh bugger, I'm thinking this has been threadjacked!

Ah, what the hell, in fer a penny, isn't it....

YouTube - ‪As Long as we beat the english‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILI4KEvNgw)

robertlouis
07-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh bugger, I'm thinking this has been threadjacked!

Ah, what the hell, in fer a penny, isn't it....

YouTube - ‪As Long as we beat the english‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AILI4KEvNgw)

Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics, methinks.

Good lad.

Prospero
07-10-2011, 10:13 AM

Cool it Bob. I'm half English. All I have to say is "remember Culloden"

kaiser1one
07-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I never understood the CSI effect. Common sense tells you its a tv show. You know real life cases cant be solved within 1 hour. You know a recent crime doesnt just become the top of the list to solve. The detectives aren't just working this one case and no other.

Just how dumb can people be?

scubaman
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
YouTube - ‪Bill Maher: Republican Base Must Not Criticize Casey Anthony Jury Given Their Own Gullibility‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHVk08n4dL0)

nonnonnon
07-11-2011, 01:01 AM
blech
I watched his show the other night when Anne was on. I'll say he was more tolerable in the Clinton years

fred41
07-11-2011, 01:31 AM
The man is soooo in love with himself....he's intolerable.

Deimos
07-12-2011, 05:32 AM
bill maher is a turd

Merkurie
07-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Im sorry but did he lie?

Deimos
07-12-2011, 05:40 AM
don't know, don't care.. he was a turd before, he's a turd now