PDA

View Full Version : what happened to AOL?

mtbazz
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Anyone know what happened to AOL? There used to be some fairly decent chatrooms, I even met a few t-girls through some of them...Life got busy for me and about 18 months ago didnt have the time for the internet...Than a few minutes ago I log onto AOL and it is totally different, and no chat rooms...anyone know what happened?

OmarZ
07-03-2011, 11:37 PM
next thing and youll ask why arent all your friends on myspace anymore...

mtbazz
07-03-2011, 11:38 PM

they arent??

seriously...there is no more AOL Chat?

nonnonnon
07-04-2011, 02:33 AM
probably spent all their money on those free trial disks. they make great coasters

NatashaLover
07-04-2011, 02:51 AM
They got shutdown by same moderator that shut down tinychats also.

EyeCumInPiece
07-04-2011, 02:56 AM

LOLOL thats what i was gonna say.

hairyguy
02-09-2016, 02:18 PM
aol was on FIRE in the 90s. i think in the early 2000s, ppl. shifted to broadband carriers. from what i remember, aol was just dialup. that and the business did not change with the times. i think myspace was getting popular in early 2000s and aol did not work with that format. it retained the 90s model/format. i actually met a tgirl through there and dated her too. i went to her place in the bronx, had good sex (loved sucking her dick), and had a good time. nothing lasts in life. just enjoy the moments you have while you are here.

EvaCassini
02-09-2016, 06:34 PM
The more prominent question...
What happened to Xanga?!?!?
:p

bigblack1
02-09-2016, 07:54 PM
The more prominent question...
What happened to Xanga?!?!?
:p

Lmao! O man xanga. Gotta love how long friendster lasted.

scorpeo777
02-09-2016, 10:39 PM
a/s/l?

JenniferParisHusband
02-10-2016, 09:06 AM
I used to live in the SoCalShemale room on AOL. And it probably would have still been used today, if not for AOL's attempt at becoming Facebook. I had a friend who worked at their Virginia campus, and he said when they started ditching the old profiles, and moved towards the Bebo format, a lot of people just decided they didn't want to have to deal with re-creating profiles, posting pictures, and having to respond to posted messages. There was also a change to the chat-room format, they rearranged some boards, limited access to others, and made age-restricted ones hidden. So if you had accidentally turned on the age restrictions (which was checked by default) when you updated to the new version and had to agree to a new end user agreement, you couldn't even find half of the rooms. It also had the unfortunate timing of being after MySpace, where a lot of people flocked to, and just around the start of Facebook being rolled out beyond college campuses in 2007.

By 2008, nobody really used it anymore, except a small few. I still had a hookup or two come from it in around 2009. But shortly after, there was nobody left on there.

Scorpeo. I still cringe every time I see that. I used to actually chat with the ladies in the rooms, and all the horny punters who couldn't be bothered reading a profile would harass the hell out of me.