PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Allanah's site???

PhillyTSlover
12-31-2005, 04:08 PM
I've been a member for about six months now, but haven't had a chance to visit for a couple of months. Now, whenever I visit the site, after I enter my username & password, it keeps kicking me back to the "over 18 acceptance" page! I can't get into the actual site. I know I'm still a member because my CC just got charged this month. What gives??

BTW, this problem happens with both Firefox (my preferred browser) and IE.

Thanks!

Janus
12-31-2005, 04:19 PM
No clue... I just tried logging in and I got in A-OK, have been able to do so for months now.

DamionXXX
12-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

DamionXXX
12-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

GroobySteven
12-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Actually that doesn't mean the member swopped the password but it could have been guessed by hacker software.
Basically how this works is the software starts a mass attack on the server trying random usernames and password combinations, if you were using a username like "tranny" and a password like "lover" or "newyork" and "yankees" there's a good chance it would be hacked and posted on password sites, as soon as X amount of people use it, the protection software would cut it off.
This happens at no fault to the member, who then has to contact the site.

The best way to prevent this is to use a hard to guess password such as "Bhy47tg" or even "JohN76"

Good luck
seanchai

PhillyTSlover
12-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Nope, never shared my password, and I don't think it's anything that could be easily guessed. But I dunno about hacker software.

IF I were IP banned, wouldn't it be fraud to continue to charge me for a site I no longer have access to? I just got charged for next month, if I don't have access restored I'll have to cancel and dispute the charge with my CC company.

If it's a software error, I have no idea how to fix it. That sucks, I really liked the site. I guess I'll have to re-join Shemaleyum.

PhillyTSlover
12-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Actually that doesn't mean the member swopped the password but it could have been guessed by hacker software.
Basically how this works is the software starts a mass attack on the server trying random usernames and password combinations, if you were using a username like "tranny" and a password like "lover" or "newyork" and "yankees" there's a good chance it would be hacked and posted on password sites, as soon as X amount of people use it, the protection software would cut it off.
This happens at no fault to the member, who then has to contact the site.

The best way to prevent this is to use a hard to guess password such as "Bhy47tg" or even "JohN76"

Good luck
seanchai

I would PM you my account info, but how do I know you work for Allanah?? No offense, but you could be trying to get my username and P/W! Of course, if they don't work, then it's no big deal.

Thanks for offering to help, but I am leery of giving my info unless someone can vouch for you.

DamionXXX
12-31-2005, 08:19 PM

Castor_Troy05
12-31-2005, 09:35 PM
heh Gia's site had a minor problem with it, as I cancelled months ago, yet i could still access it, It was odd.

Vicki Richter
01-01-2006, 12:24 AM
My protection just identifies 2 concurrent logins. If you exceed that within a certain timeframe, you get the boot. Sometimes people close the browser window instead of switching windows (not so much anymore since I added frames), but it can happen. Since I use cookies instead of IP's to track multiple logins (not as effective I know, but it works for me), I get their session ID's to compare.

When I see my login exceeded popping up, I know someone either got hacked or shared their account. I generally just change their password and have Lenny send them email advising them. Obviously if it happened again it is like a lightening striking twice thing. I always err on the side of the consumer.

The thing is, that a lot of times it isn't because people share their account, it is that they use the same username and password on a bunch of different sites, and one of those sites had shitty security or an unscrupulous webmaster type.

Vicki

Where are you working now Allanah's former webmaster?

WendyWilliams
01-01-2006, 12:33 AM
I use pennywize and it works really well, one of my sites has horrible password sharing problems so pennywize keeps those out, most of the time.

Its not too expensive but worth keeping all the bandwith expenses down.

DamionXXX
01-01-2006, 01:14 AM

Vicki Richter
01-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey Vikki... I did the site overhaul for Gia darling a few months back, and Just opened http://TransXtc.com on december 5th with my partner and close friend Holly Sweet... I do the design for all of my sites, I webmaster them, and also shoot most of the models... and of course I get in front of the camera as well...

I use Password Sentry for all my websites, its only a one time fee of 80$ and it stopped Gia's password problems in a matter of hours... before that she had exceeded her monthly bandwith allowance like 3 times in one month because of all the freeloaders...

My site is Windows 2003 based... so it runs a different package. Very cool though. Holly's a cutie. John Stagliano (Buttman) from Evil Angel was enthralled with her at the convention last year and she totally blew him off like he was some nobody. I couldn't believe it. Major bummer for her I think.

PumpDaddy
01-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Nope, never shared my password, and I don't think it's anything that could be easily guessed.

Is it "Swordfish"???

WendyWilliams
01-01-2006, 04:33 AM
Actually she didnt blow him off I am the one who introduced her to Joey at the convention and in fact her number was given to Joey as well as her email address.

hollysweet
01-03-2006, 04:54 AM
well realy i didnt blow off any one if i met someone who i didnt like because of the vib i got from them then its not to bad for me. im not in this game to kiss ass and do whatever it takes im more in it for me and doing just fine thanks ............and yes wendy was the one who introduced me to the people i wanted to meet and talk to thats about it i reay dont rememebr blowing off any one lol i did meet alot of great people joey was kool i got to meet vickie she was great and i got to see alot of the people i had seen the yr before so all in all i had a great time last yr .... i hope every one has a great time this yr as i wont be going but ill be there forsure next yr with damion both of us looking our best ... so best of luck to eveyrone this yr ....xoxoxoxo