PDA

View Full Version : Who's A Worse Team Owner?

Dino Velvet
06-28-2011, 08:01 AM
I live out here and have been a lifetime Dodger and Raider fan. As bad as Al Davis is, the McCourts are worse. They ruined the Dodgers. Games used to sell out on a regular basis and now 30K is a good crowd.

gmercer
06-28-2011, 08:37 AM
At least Al won before. He'd be better off leaving the personel decisions to a GM. How many times in the last decade did they waste high 1st round draft picks on some unproven idiot because he had speed, or a good combine workout, with Al overrruling the rest of the team scouts?

The McCourts completely fucked up the financial situation of the Dodgers. How in the hell was that moron given the greenlight to buy the team in the first place with the financing he needed to do to complete the deal? If Mark Cuban makes an offer I say take it. The guy is passionate and he'll spend money on the talent it takes to win. But those cranky owners and that dipshit Selig would never allow him to own an MLB team.

pantybulge69
06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
doesn't Donald Sterling still own the Clippers ? if so, how does get any worse than he ?

rwerfet
06-28-2011, 09:34 AM
I never thought I'd ever say it, but Al Davis is not the worst pro sports team owner.

Willie Escalade
06-28-2011, 12:35 PM
doesn't Donald Sterling still own the Clippers ? if so, how does get any worse than he ?
The Clippers have never filed for bankruptcy protection...

Al Davis just plain sucks. Even though I'm a Chargers fan, I'd welcome the Raiders back to LA if HE wasn't involved.

And I'm sticking with the Dodgers through the good and the bad...and right now it's the bad (except for that 15-0 ass kicking of the Twins today...)

mikelpo
06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Former lfc owners gillette & hicks fucking proper greedy cunts

Helvis2012
06-29-2011, 02:26 AM
What's happened to the Dodgers is a disgrace.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-29-2011, 02:43 AM
I don't like Al Davis...given the opportunity, I'd shoot him in the head. However, he didn't Bankrupt his team.

flabbybody
06-29-2011, 03:43 AM
and if the New York Mets owner Wilpon's don't re-sign Reyes at the end of this season they should go to fucking hell and rot with Nazi war criminals. They have no money cause they slept with Madoff and all their wealth is stolen Ponzi money.
sorry. I realize they weren't a choice in your poll.

Helvis2012
06-29-2011, 03:49 AM
and if the New York Mets owner Wilpon's don't re-sign Reyes at the end of this season they should go to fucking hell and rot with Nazi war criminals. They have no money cause they slept with Madoff and all their wealth is stolen Ponzi money.

So true....

scubaman
06-29-2011, 04:00 AM
and if the New York Mets ownerll the team and Wilpon's don't re-sign Reyes at the end of this season they should go to fucking hell and rot with Nazi war criminals. They have no money cause they slept with Madoff and all their wealth is stolen Ponzi money.

Hopefully they will be forced to sell the team sooner and David Einhorn will come to the rescue

lisaparadise
06-29-2011, 04:30 AM
What's happened to the Dodgers is a disgrace.co-sign i grew up loving the yankees with reggie the ..we are family pirates...the big red machine with pete rose and the always amazin kirk gibson L.A.dodgers with the voice of baseball legend vin scully now how in hell did it come to this? YouTube - ‪The Gibson Homer 1988 HistoryWallDotOrg.mp4‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO-8XRJpgIc)

onmyknees
06-29-2011, 04:31 AM
[QUOTE=CORVETTEDUDE;959887]I don't like Al Davis...given the opportunity, I'd shoot him in the head. However, he didn't Bankrupt his team.[/QUOTE

LMAO...you sure about that Corvette? If you're referring to financial considerations, you may have a point, but the Raiders are certainly bankrupt of any talent ! What's with these teams out there? What came first...apathetic California sports fans...or shithead owners? Cause and effect? lol

Helvis2012
06-29-2011, 04:33 AM
co-sign i grew up loving the yankees with reggie the ..we are family pirates...the big red machine with pete rose and the always amazin kirk gibson L.A.dodgers with the voice of baseball legend vin scully now how in hell did it come to this? YouTube - ‪The Gibson Homer 1988 HistoryWallDotOrg.mp4‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO-8XRJpgIc)

Greed.

onmyknees
06-29-2011, 04:34 AM

Warm the hell fires Flabby. There's not a snowballs chance they re-sign him....or that he signs with them..........unfortunately.

flabbybody
06-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Yankees will not be in the Reyes sweepstakes with Jeter's contract still on the books til 2013. That doesn't leave too many teams with $140 million for a 29 year old shortstop. So I think the Mets have a chance to come up with some weird financing scheme to keep Jose. Especially with the new cash Einhorn brings to the table... his checkbook is still open cuz he wants option for controlling interest if Wilpons continue to sink in their own shit

Dino Velvet
06-29-2011, 06:30 AM
I don't like Al Davis...given the opportunity, I'd shoot him in the head.

If you come out to California I'll let you borrow my Sig and you could put a .45 through his dome. Do it for John Elway, CORVETTEDUDE.

http://nhlp2.com/Raiders_logo_sm.jpg
COMMITMENT TO EXCREMENT

CORVETTEDUDE
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
If you come out to California I'll let you borrow my Sig and you could put a .45 through his dome. Do it for John Elway, CORVETTEDUDE.

http://nhlp2.com/Raiders_logo_sm.jpg
COMMITMENT TO EXCREMENT

I'd do it just for GPs, my Taco Bell Burrito Munchin' Friend!!!:dancing::whistle: