PDA

View Full Version : what would you put your life on the line for

russtafa
06-23-2011, 06:16 AM
would you risk your life for your country,your family ,your lady or man?

PomonaCA
06-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Your crack? Meth? Organic food?

robertlouis
06-23-2011, 06:29 AM

My family - what else matters?

Ineeda SM
06-23-2011, 07:21 AM
My family, anyone very close (as in friendship) to me, people (especially children) in threat or danger where I can save them, and my higher valued property. Nothing else is worth my life.

trish
06-23-2011, 07:38 AM
I would risk my life simply to get from point A to point B. I risk my life every time I step into a car, a bus, a train or a plane.

Ineeda SM
06-23-2011, 07:42 AM
I would risk my life simply to get from point A to point B. I risk my life every time I step into a car, a bus, a train or a plane.

.....or step into the political threads. LOL

PomonaCA
06-23-2011, 08:01 AM

Yeah, going through life piss drunk is pretty dangerous.

robertlouis
06-23-2011, 08:02 AM
.....or step into the political threads. LOL

ROFLMAO. As you colonials would say, ain't that the truth! :)

BluegrassCat
06-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Sex. Even with precautions taken, it's not zero-risk. But I happily & repeatedly take them cuz it's better than a long risk-free celibate life.

nonnonnon
06-23-2011, 08:53 AM
a klondike bar

robertlouis
06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
a klondike bar

At last, a sensible answer LOL.

mikelpo
06-23-2011, 09:16 AM
My family and my mates kids nobody else

Prospero
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
My family and friends - which is the beginning of the notion of the nation.

Nivek
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Easily my family, fuck my country.. It's done a well job of fucking me. As for my Lady, I would def put my life up to save hers, and anyone else's.

Birgitta
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
The people i love and Heaven :)

Prospero
06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Heaven? The nightclub or the place up above the clouds where people play harps and singalong with the angels?

Birgitta
06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Heaven? The nightclub or the place up above the clouds where people play harps and singalong with the angels?

Yes its like being in the loving arms of your true love and there is great music, no pain, and its forever, sign me up please !!!

Yvonne183
06-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Same for me, I put my life on the line every time I open the door and go out, I even risk my life just staying indoors, but for me it's not the same as actually doing something to risk my life over.

I would and have risked my life for strangers in trouble,, my family,, I don't know, I have no family except for my mom and I would risk my life for her. It depends on the situation but I would risk my life for someone in need but not for country and honor or ridiculous crap like sports.

Birgitta
06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
If you think fun is boring then you have never been to paradise...

And if you want to live a long life, make sure you suffer a lot, cause suffering always seems endless...

Prospero
06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Interesting thought there Birgitta. A long life of suffering or a short one of unalloyed bliss? Actually I don't think that it's possible to really understand happiness without experiencing a bit of pain or loss or sadness or whatever along the way.

ELSAPO
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
family, that includes Fiance and one year old nephew.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Oh....and, BEER!!!

lisaparadise
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
would you risk your life for your country,your family ,your lady or man?my 2 kids without a doubt.

Prospero
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I think we all more or less agree here - joking aside - that it is our nearest and dearest and, especially, our children who'd we die for.

And a few tequila slammers.

Quiet Reflections
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
My Family and Friends.

BigDF
06-23-2011, 08:14 PM
That's an interesting question, since I've nearly been killed or crippled a good 3 or 4 times in my life. Of course, it should go without saying I would sacrifice my life to save my family and friends. But the incidents in which I was in the most danger of losing my life involved working on historic railroad equipment, so apparently I would risk my life to preserve railroad history. Which really sounds sort of insane to me and probably the rest of you, too. Oh, well, I guess that's life.:shrug

CORVETTEDUDE
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
That's an interesting question, since I've nearly been killed or crippled a good 3 or 4 times in my life. Of course, it should go without saying I would sacrifice my life to save my family and friends. But the incidents in which I was in the most danger of losing my life involved working on historic railroad equipment, so apparently I would risk my life to preserve railroad history. Which really sounds sort of insane to me and probably the rest of you, too. Oh, well, I guess that's life.:shrug

No problem there, BigDF....take a look at the wide scope of the term, "In the interests of National Security" and it's implications.

loren
06-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Definitely my family and close friends.

miner
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
What about for you country?.

Edwoodwoodwood
06-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Oh....and, BEER!!!

You would put your life on the line for LIBERTY? What not our dear friend miss Harkness. Respect mate she is one cool girl but fuck that! But I would use her as a human shield though.

Only kiddin Libs.xx

NYBURBS
06-24-2011, 04:03 PM
What about for you country?.

Not in the sense that usually gets thrown about, i.e.: Preserving or granting "liberty, democracy, and freedom" throughout the world via M-16s and 2000lb bombs.

People actually invading the country would be a different story.

BigDF
06-24-2011, 05:33 PM
No problem there, BigDF....take a look at the wide scope of the term, "In the interests of National Security" and it's implications.You didn't have to go there'vettedude, LOL. I really would rather not be associated with many of the things that have done in that name in the last decade. I'm a lover, not a fighter.:dancing:

CORVETTEDUDE
06-24-2011, 05:37 PM
You didn't have to go there'vettedude, LOL. I really would rather not be associated with many of the things that have done in that name in the last decade. I'm a lover, not a fighter.:dancing:

I think you missed my point.

dderek123
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
a klondike bar
nice

RubyTS
06-25-2011, 02:06 AM
my man

fred41
06-25-2011, 03:00 AM
It's more interesting if you ask the question: " what would you put your life on the line for ...with almost 100% chance of your demise"?

onmyknees
06-25-2011, 04:02 AM

All of the above....I have and I would again without giving it a second thought. I've also risked my life more than a few times avoiding arrest ! Your life literally passes before your eyes when you're doing 120 on 2 wheels with flashing red lights behind you . As far as country...that's a bit more abstract. When you're in combat, you're not thinking about your country....that may have been a part of why you signed on, but you're simply do what you do for your buds, and they do it for you. "Country" is a concept a little to grand in those situations...you're simply trying to make it one more day.

I would also risk my life trying to make it on time for a date with any number of ladies on here ( Libby, Joanna, Sammi, Ruby, Nicole D, Natasha, and a parade of others !!)

fred41
06-25-2011, 04:37 AM
It's more interesting if you ask the question: " what would you put your life on the line for ...with almost 100% chance of your demise"?

I asked this for a reason...most of the time you risk you're life...you assume there's still a chance of survival...whether it be wartime, firefighting...etc...but what if you knew you were in fact going to die...almost definitely ?

I'd then do it for a very special loved one...a younger person that needed me to do it to live...or if it would save the lives of many people compared to just mine.

Jackal
06-25-2011, 04:42 AM
I asked this for a reason...most of the time you risk you're life...you assume there's still a chance of survival...whether it be wartime, firefighting...etc...but what if you knew you were in fact going to die...almost definitely ?

I'd then do it for a very special loved one...a younger person that needed me to do it to live...or if it would save the lives of many people compared to just mine.

Other people...like those Japanese engineers/rescuers who knew they were being exposed to lethal amounts of radiation. I would just hope that my instincts would be to fight and not flight or play 'possum.

fred41
06-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Other people...like those Japanese engineers/rescuers who knew they were being exposed to lethal amounts of radiation. I would just hope that my instincts would be to fight and not flight or play 'possum.

This is the event that raised the question for me...it came up as a debate amongst some friends of mine....at the time the papers were saying the plant workers were heading for certain death....I said I'd do it because that was my job and a lot of people counted on me to accomplish it to live.

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 05:50 AM
I would also risk my life trying to make it on time for a date with any number of ladies on here ( Libby, Joanna, Sammi, Ruby, Nicole D, Natasha, and a parade of others !!)

I'm sure that includes me.

robertlouis
06-25-2011, 06:18 AM

What??? In the list of ladies???

You've told us you're bi, mate, but I never expected you to take it that far.....

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 06:21 AM

You've told us you're bi, mate, but I never expected you to take it that far.....

No but OMK loves me so much, I am hurt and disappointed that OMK didn't include me.:)

fred41
06-25-2011, 06:25 AM

Hey, you guys can come to N.Y...get married here now...march in Sunday's N.Y.C. Gay Pride Parade Sunday....and hold hands...occasionally stopping to give each other butterfly kisses...:)

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Hey, you guys can come to N.Y...get married here now...march in Sunday's N.Y.C. Gay Pride Parade Sunday....and hold hands...occasionally stopping to give each other butterfly kisses...:)

Naaaa French kisses or nothing.

robertlouis
06-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Naaaa French kisses or nothing.

Ah, c'est vraiment formidable!

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Oui je suis d'accord

robertlouis
06-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Oui je suis d'accord

Comme ca?

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Oui! Exactement comme ça. Mmmmm.

robertlouis
06-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Oui! Exactement comme ça. Mmmmm.

Est-ce que c'est toi a la gauche dans ce photo, mon brave?

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 07:12 AM
I got the "my dear" but lost the rest in translation.

robertlouis
06-25-2011, 07:19 AM
I got the "my dear" but lost the rest in translation.

"Is that you on the left in the photo, old chap?"

Ineeda SM
06-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Damn I don't think so.