PDA

View Full Version : Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Passes Away

theone1982
06-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Jackass star Ryan Dunn died in a car accident on Monday morning. He was 34. Here's the link to the story. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/ryan-dunn-dead-jackass-star-car-crash_n_880322.html

Quiet Reflections
06-21-2011, 12:57 AM
drunk drivers get no sympathy from me

Ben
06-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Love the Jackass flicks.
Just sad....

mikelpo
06-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Fucking gutted Dunn was my favourite jackass

Schimmel
06-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Same. Sucks.

killkenny
06-21-2011, 02:53 AM
defo no jackass 4 then

ELSAPO
06-21-2011, 04:20 AM
RIP man!!!!!

jasonb523
06-21-2011, 04:43 AM
how about this pic he posted on his twitter hours before the crash

zookeeper
06-21-2011, 04:46 AM
I was listening to the Preston and Steve show this morning when they found out and confirmed the reports that Dunn had died (he was a friend of the show and had been in a few weeks earlier to promote his new show on G4) and Bam Margera's mother, April, had called them to tell them that Dunn had died. They had been reporting the crash in the morning traffic reports, but hadn't known he was involved.

The story said that DUI was not the cause, that it was speeding...either way, it's a stupid fucking way to die and I feel sorrier for the passenger he took out with him.

phobun
06-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Roger Ebert on Twitter:

"'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn, RIP. His Porsche flew through 40 yards of trees," Ebert tweeted shortly after news of Dunn's death broke. "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

BraveHeartz
06-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Yeah he didn't "Pass away", he was drunk and crashed his car killing his passenger.

No sympathy from me.

theone1982
06-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Even a death thread starts arguments. Strange.

robertlouis
06-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Even a death thread starts arguments. Strange.

Yep, mind you, given what jackass was all about, wouldn't he have wanted to go that way? Seems fitting.

What? Too soon????

EyeCumInPiece
06-21-2011, 07:29 AM
I love the jackass boys. RIP Ryan Dunn =(

Jericho
06-21-2011, 09:41 AM
how about this pic he posted on his twitter hours before the crash

Mid year contender for the Darwin Award! :shrug

cycleman
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I was no more surprised to hear that a Jackass had died in a flaming wreck than when I heard that Steve Irwin got killed by some stingray he was pissing off (note: every Aussie kid who swims in the ocean knows Don't swim in front of a Stingray)

phobun
06-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I was no more surprised to hear that a Jackass had died in a flaming wreck

There are a few flaming wrecks on this forum.

SFTB
06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Sorry, but I have little pity for him. He was drinking, speeding, and killed the passenger, who has yet to be identified due to being burned beyond recognition.

From the AP;

According to court documents, Dunn was charged in April 2005 with driving under the influence after crashing his car in West Whiteland Township, about 2 miles north of Monday's crash site. The documents show he successfully completed a program designed for first-time, nonviolent offenders that allows charges to be dismissed after defendants finish the program.

BBaggins06
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
RIP Ryan, my condolences go out to his friends and family

I have a couple questions for a some of the above posters. Would you feel the same way if it was your own brother who killed himself while drinking and driving? Would you also have no sympathy for someone who drove off the highway while sending a text?

BraveHeartz
06-21-2011, 07:46 PM

I have a couple questions for a some of the above posters. Would you feel the same way if it was your own brother who killed himself while drinking and driving? Would you also have no sympathy for someone who drove off the highway while sending a text?

My younger cousin was killed by a drink driver in 2001, so I think i'd feel the same...maybe even more angry/dissapointed at him.

GroobySteven
06-21-2011, 07:53 PM

If it was my own brother, I'd of course feel remorse but also yes, I'd feel the same way. Texting while driving - exactly the same. If they were guaranteed only to kill themselves (or those stupid enough to get into a car with them) then it would be ok but if they are on the road drunk or texting they have the potential to take out some innoculous person.

SFTB
06-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Please allow me to ask you the same question, but change places. How would YOU feel if your brother was the passenger, and was killed by an accident that could very well have been prevented?

BBaggins06
06-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Please allow me to ask you the same question, but change places. How would YOU feel if your brother was the passenger, and was killed by an accident that could very well have been prevented?

I'd be pissed naturally. Eventually I'd work through all five stages of grief. All I'm getting at is it's easy to pass judgement from 1000 miles away on the internet to someone you don't know in real life. I wanted to make it personal so you might be able to empathize with Bam seen here :

YouTube - ‪Bam Speaks About Ryan Dunns Death‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdeMCv9Prg)

SFTB
06-22-2011, 05:49 PM
And I wanted to make it personal so you could sympathize with the family of someone killed by a drunk driver speeding on a dark highway. Two lives needlessly ended by a stupid act.

I'd be pissed naturally. Eventually I'd work through all five stages of grief. All I'm getting at is it's easy to pass judgement from 1000 miles away on the internet to someone you don't know in real life. I wanted to make it personal so you might be able to empathize with Bam seen here :

YouTube - ‪Bam Speaks About Ryan Dunns Death‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdeMCv9Prg)

Helvis2012
06-23-2011, 01:21 AM
bad scene

Quiet Reflections
06-23-2011, 01:47 AM

Ryan Dunn was 2X the legal limit when he crashed doing 130 mph. If it was my friend or brother he would still get no sympathy from me just anger for his dumbass actions. My opinions don't change regardless of the parties involved because Stupid is as Stupid Does. When you make adult mistakes you pay adult prices.Anyway............ Is it me or does Bam seems real fake(more so than normal) in that clip.

Helvis2012
06-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Ryan Dunn was 2X the legal limit when he crashed doing 130 mph. If it was my friend or brother he would still get no sympathy from me just anger for his dumbass actions. My opinions don't change regardless of the parties involved because Stupid is as Stupid Does. When you make adult mistakes you pay adult prices.Anyway............ Is it me or does Bam seems real fake(more so than normal) in that clip.

You've definitely got a point. It's hard to know what's in his head but the fact that he talks about himself probably more than his friend doesn't sit well.

Ben
06-23-2011, 03:35 AM
You've definitely got a point. It's hard to know what's in his head but the fact that he talks about himself probably more than his friend doesn't sit well.

Do we know for sure whether or not he was drunk? And, too, who was the passenger that died?
That's what I loathe about celeb fixation. We personalize people. I mean, my sympathy is with the passenger's friends and family.

Helvis2012
06-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Do we know for sure whether or not he was drunk? And, too, who was the passenger that died?
That's what I loathe about celeb fixation. We personalize people. I mean, my sympathy is with the passenger's friends and family.

So what does that have to do Bam's performance?

Niccolo
06-23-2011, 04:23 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2006851/Ryan-Dunn-dead-Jackass-star-buying-drinks-entire-bar.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20110622_Jackass_star_legally_drunk_at_time_of_cra sh.html

It certainly looks as if he had some drink on board, then went out behind the wheel of a fast car and drove at high speed.

Even nice guys can be stupid sometimes. If you behave like that, what do you think's going to happen?

I just hope that some of the younger generation who watched the movies, and might have gotten the impression that risk taking is fun, and that you won't really come to any harm if you take chances with your life, and other people's, will now realise that sometimes your luck can just run out. And when it does, you don't necessarily get any warning. It's just all over. If you drink and drive, and drive fast too, then nothing good's going to happen. Nothing. The best you can hope for is that you don't kill anyone else as you risk getting torn apart, or burning to death.

fred41
06-23-2011, 04:43 AM
........... Is it me or does Bam seems real fake(more so than normal) in that clip.

Seems fake...sounds like an immature asshole too.

Helvis2012
06-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Seems fake...sounds like an immature asshole too.

I have to agree.

zookeeper
06-23-2011, 05:37 AM
@Ben (from www.philly.com) http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110622_Bar__Jackass_star_didnt_seem_drunk.html

"Dunn's blood-alcohol level was 0.196, more than double Pennsylvania's .08 legal limit, according to toxicology results released yesterday by West Goshen police.

An accident re-creation team determined that Dunn's Porsche was traveling between 132 and 140 mph on Route 322 when he may have tried to brake to turn onto Pottstown Pike. The move sent the car skidding more than 100 feet into a wooded area where it burst into flames, killing him and friend Zachary Hartwell, 30."

Hartwell was an Iraq War vet, who was recently married (and whose wife was recently widowed).

bluesoul
06-23-2011, 07:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VBsDe.png

Nivek
06-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Rip Ryan DUNN. Too many people have been lost in alcohol/auto related accidents. Do ur part n be a designated driver for those you love , and possibly save the lives of strangers on the same road.

Prospero
06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Hate the Jackass movies... but its always really sad when someone dies way too young.