PDA

View Full Version : Soul Mates

BellaBellucci
06-05-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm watching What Dreams May Come and wondering how people here feel about soul mates. Do you think everybody out there has someone that completes them? More than one person maybe? Personally, I feel that the ties that bind are stronger between and amongst certain people, sort of a varying degree of soul connection.

~BB~

Dino Velvet
06-05-2011, 08:59 AM
You and me discussed this the other day. That ex of mine I mentioned kind of is.

theone1982
06-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I sort of believe that everyone has a soul mate. Unfortunately, I also believe that the vast majority of people will never encounter that person. But, if you believe in reincarnation, then maybe in one of their lives soul mates will connect with each other.

mcaextreme69
06-05-2011, 09:04 AM
I totally believe in Soul Mates. You have to be ready for it. It's powerful stuff......

BellaBellucci
06-05-2011, 09:05 AM
You and me discussed this the other day. That ex of mine I mentioned kind of is.

I really hope you're right. You know I got nothing but love for ya! ;)

~BB~

Dino Velvet
06-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I really hope you're right. You know I got nothing but love for ya! ;)

~BB~

Thanks. We're not married yet. I stay in contact and keep an open mind. I have no idea what the future holds for us. She's as nutty as me and we might be the only two people who can put up with each other. She would get tired of my constant clowning in public though.

Dino Velvet
06-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Hey Bella, did I tell you how cute you looked in your avatar before?

theone1982
06-05-2011, 11:03 AM
:wiggle:

LibertyHarkness
06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
no i dont beleive in soulmates at all ... people are just people .. and personality/chemistry is what i beleive makes attraction work ...but thats my own view anyway ....fair play to those that feel soulamtes exist etc ..

CORVETTEDUDE
06-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I believe there are certain people whose chemistry interacts so well together that it could be considered a 'soul-mate' kind of thing. Personally, I haven't found anyone I click that way with......YET! And, if I may say so, time is fuckin runnin' out!!!

Willie Escalade
06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
That ex of mine I mentioned kind of is.
Same here. Even though I haven't spoken to this person since April or face to face with her since January, I still occasionally think of her. I could share ANYTHING with her...

Jericho
06-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd like to believe it.
Haven't met her yet, mind. :shrug

DL_NL
06-05-2011, 04:02 PM
There have been a couple of girls I felt closer to than anyone. Wasn't enough in the long run, obviously.

sunairco
06-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Maybe there is a soul mate or twin spirit, maybe not. If there is, it would be senseless for this to become a random or stochastic event if this is rooted in a metaphysical realm with no means of an encounter in the grand scheme. Even if it was, there's the variability of who the two people are, thier maturity, and stage of life. For example, women don't think at 20 the way they do at 30 or even 40. Life experience, hormonal effects, and age principally determine who they seek for a mate at each stage of life. At 20-30, she may be driven to want a physically attractive bad boy for what her instinctve drives recognize as good genetic lineage. At 30 to 40, that may certainly change to one that will provide security and a comfortable lifestyle for her and her offspring. After 40, she's had the experience, the needs are no longer biologically determined, and she's fairly well self actualized with respect to what she needs in her life to complete her emotionally. The "nice" guys that she would have either only associated with as friends, dismissed as whimps, or used to her advantage, would now appear as an ideal partner that completes her emotionally. So too are guys. After 30, most men begin to have some sense of community and responsibility. However, once they marry or get involved in a long term relationship, personal growth often stagnates unlike a female. What a couple needs in a relationship is dynamic and neither evolve the same way. If such a thing as a soul mate really exists, it would be people that have spent a lot of time focused introspectively. They would know themselves, their needs, their goals, and have performed a lot of lifework figuring out who they are and what they need in a mate to compliment and balance them. Seeing a soulmate shouldn't be a random encounter with an intuitive connection unless you believe that you're just a pawn and your destiny is controlled extradimensionally. Forearmed with the above knowledge should let you seek a mate that completes you at that stage of your life.

Jericho
06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe there is a soul mate or twin spirit, maybe not. If there is, it would be senseless for this to become a random or stochastic event if this is rooted in a metaphysical realm with no means of an encounter in the grand scheme. Even if it was, there's the variability of who the two people are, thier maturity, and stage of life. For example, women don't think at 20 the way they do at 30 or even 40. Life experience, hormonal effects, and age principally determine who they seek for a mate at each stage of life. At 20-30, she may be driven to want a physically attractive bad boy for what her instinctve drives recognize as good genetic lineage. At 30 to 40, that may certainly change to one that will provide security and a comfortable lifestyle for her and her offspring. After 40, she's had the experience, the needs are no longer biologically determined, and she's fairly well self actualized with respect to what she needs in her life to complete her emotionally. The "nice" guys that she would have either only associated with as friends, dismissed as whimps, or used to her advantage, would now appear as an ideal partner that completes her emotionally. So too are guys. After 30, most men begin to have some sense of community and responsibility. However, once they marry or get involved in a long term relationship, personal growth often stagnates unlike a female. What a couple needs in a relationship is dynamic and neither evolve the same way. If such a thing as a soul mate really exists, it would be people that have spent a lot of time focused introspectively. They would know themselves, their needs, their goals, and have performed a lot of lifework figuring out who they are and what they need in a mate to compliment and balance them. Seeing a soulmate shouldn't be a random encounter with an intuitive connection unless you believe that you're just a pawn and your destiny is controlled extradimensionally. Forearmed with the above knowledge should let you seek a mate that completes you at that stage of your life.

YouTube - ‪Spock - Fascinating!‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ&feature=related)

:whistle:

nonnonnon
06-05-2011, 05:34 PM
absolutely but I think you must travel and put in a lot of work. the probability of your soulmate living in the same small town as you is highly unlikely

phobun
06-05-2011, 05:53 PM
:wiggle:

LOL @ the I WANT TO BELIEVE poster...!

I don't believe in superstition... life is what you make it... if 2 people get on and actively try to make each other happy... then you have soulmates.

GrimFusion
06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I believe everybody has multiple "soul mates", or at least a group of people who have a ton in common and click on some extraordinary level. I don't believe in twin souls or basherts because I don't believe there's only one person you can truly mash with.

MrsKellyPierce
06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I totally believe in soul mates.....

Relationships take sacrifice, forgiveness, patience, and dedication.

If you have all that than you can get through anything.

Dino Velvet
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Same here. Even though I haven't spoken to this person since April or face to face with her since January, I still occasionally think of her. I could share ANYTHING with her...

Me and my ex have known each other for 12 years but we still talk all the time. Very frustrating as I don't know what to do. I love her in a crazy, reckless way but I've never fought more with any other person I've ever met. We make up really nice though. People that lived in our building would complain about the constant sound of fighting and fucking coming from our apartment.

phobun
06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Hole mates not soul mates

Dino Velvet
06-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Hole mates not soul mates

You gotta point there. Hole Mates would probably cause you less trouble and aggravation than Soul Mates.

Ineeda SM
06-06-2011, 01:19 AM
They say there is someone for everyone. I'm not sure that is true though. I guess it is possible to find your soul mate if you are really lucky enough. Many people claim they have, but chances are, most of us never will.

I believe more in good close friends who are always there for you, who would give anything to support and protect you. And you feel the same for them no matter what. Friends like that are also very rare, but you stand a better chance of finding good friends. Cherish them if you do.

Yvonne183
06-06-2011, 01:29 AM
I believe in soul mates and probably that there are more than one person that could become a soul mate.

I had a soul mate some years ago,, she was the best friend I ever had, we were like twins. But she killed herself, I failed and missed that boat so I hope one day to see her soon. I miss her so much.

dderek123
06-06-2011, 12:55 PM
For most of my life I didn't believe in soul mates. But recent events in my life have started to change my mind.

Right now I believe in compatibility. My personality and way of doing things is very compatible with my partner's right now. So compatible it feels like I won't ever find anyone else like that.

NatashaLover
06-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I do believe in soul mates, maybe I am old fashioned.

loveboof
06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Right now I believe in compatibility. My personality and way of doing things is very compatible with my partner's right now. So compatible it feels like I won't ever find anyone else like that.
If 'soulmate' simply comes down to compatibility then nobody can really disbelieve it. What is implied with the term is something metaphysical / ineffable. An intrinsic connection between two people only...

I don't believe in that (but I'd like to).

Quiet Reflections
06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I believe in soul mates. I also believe that they exist in the form of lovers and friends since the two serve very different purposes in regards to how they feed ones soul. I think you can have more than one soul mate as well but there is only one true love

dderek123
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
If 'soulmate' simply comes down to compatibility then nobody can really disbelieve it. What is implied with the term is something metaphysical / ineffable. An intrinsic connection between two people only...

I don't believe in that (but I'd like to).
Well I guess I don't believe in soulmates then. I'm just not a superstitious type of person. But it's a comforting thought.

ashymon
06-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm watching What Dreams May Come and wondering how people here feel about soul mates. Do you think everybody out there has someone that completes them? More than one person maybe? Personally, I feel that the ties that bind are stronger between and amongst certain people, sort of a varying degree of soul connection.

~BB~

I saw that movie and thought to myself that I would go through anything to save the one I love (my wife) if she was lost like that. Years later after 15 years of marriage she divorced me because she did not love me any more.

I have been divorced for 8 years now and no matter who I have dated or what relationships I have developed my heart continues to beat for my ex-wife. So I can definitively state that we have a soulmate out there but that doesnt mean they feel the same way.

onmyknees
06-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Yea...I kinda do believe that Bella. To a degree every relationship that lasts at least a year or longer has some form of deeper connection, but not necissarily " soul mates". Unfortunately none of the ladies I married were true soul mates....LOL...which is why they didn't stand the test of time. Great sex, lots of fun, but superficial to a point. Needless to say I'm still searching, but I'm inclined at this point to think it may be Sammi or Libby, but I'm waiting to see about that "deeper connection" I form with them ! LOL

phobun
06-07-2011, 05:05 AM
I had a soul mate some years ago,, she was the best friend I ever had, we were like twins. But she killed herself, I failed and missed that boat so I hope one day to see her soon. I miss her so much.

I am so sorry for you

phobun
06-07-2011, 05:06 AM
I saw that movie and thought to myself that I would go through anything to save the one I love (my wife) if she was lost like that. Years later after 15 years of marriage she divorced me because she did not love me any more.

I have been divorced for 8 years now and no matter who I have dated or what relationships I have developed my heart continues to beat for my ex-wife. So I can definitively state that we have a soulmate out there but that doesnt mean they feel the same way.

very true

loren
06-07-2011, 05:45 AM
I'd like to believe in soul mates, true love, and Mr. Right. Perhaps it's not for me, or perhaps I've been hurt too much to let my defenses down.

youshouldtrythislol
06-07-2011, 06:45 AM
I don't know that I would use the term "soul mate" nessisarily, but I do believe that 2 people can become so close that they are for lack of a better word inseperable. I don't know that I believe that there is only one person out there for everyone, as the world is a huge place and that would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Instead, I think there are certain 'types' of people that an individual is better able to become that close to. For what its worth, thats my (somewhat odd) thoughts on the subject.

Birgitta
06-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I believe we people are often too busy with what we think we want and appeals to us, while what we really want could be something else entirely and is often better then our own imagination, so i guess not looking but remaining open might be the best way to meet a soul mate...

Xx

Jericho
06-07-2011, 12:28 PM

But surely, your soulmate would want to be with you as much as you want to be with them?
Otherwise, it's obsession?

Helvis2012
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
no i dont beleive in soulmates at all ... people are just people .. and personality/chemistry is what i beleive makes attraction work ...but thats my own view anyway ....fair play to those that feel soulamtes exist etc ..

I agree.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I believe we people are often too busy with what we think we want and appeals to us, while what we really want could be something else entirely and is often better then our own imagination, so i guess not looking but remaining open might be the best way to meet a soul mate...

Xx

That could be my problem, in a nutshell. :iagree: