PDA

View Full Version : carbonite?

fredson66
06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I was listening to an advertisement for backup pc with carbonite. Anybody have experience with it? Sounds like a way to back up clips and pictures also.

RedDevil81
06-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I know a smuggler who had a bad experience with it once involving a notorious bounty hunter, a gang boss and a dictators evil right hand man. Put me right off.

dgs925
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM
:):):):)
I know a smuggler who had a bad experience with it once involving a notorious bounty hunter, a gang boss and a dictators evil right hand man. Put me right off.

Blazr63
06-02-2011, 11:53 PM
For what they charge you could buy yourself a nice USB external drive and do your own backups. Just my 2 cents.

scubaman
06-03-2011, 06:22 AM
USB drives fail. I've had a few fail but I was able to recover most of my data. This also gives the added bonus if your place burns down then you still have access to your data. It's a matter of how important is your data. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves. That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Ineeda SM
06-03-2011, 06:39 AM
I would never trust a company that I have to download my entire hard drive to over the internet, and they store YOUR data at their location on THEIR equipment. Does anyone else see how anyone at that company can compromise your security and privacy? How do you know who has access to your data?

theone1982
06-03-2011, 06:52 AM

Yeah, and you go blind for awhile once you're let out of it!:)

fredson66
06-05-2011, 08:58 PM
thanks for responses. Old computer crashed, couldn't find back up disc I created due to moving. Lot of videos and pix lost (unless back ups reappear) Looking for new faster computer and will look into the back up drive also.

bubbski
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
USB RAID 1 drive...total data redundancy.

While drives do fail, it's not likely that two will fail simultaneously.

One caveat: If you have a RAID array on a network, make sure you check the status occasionally to make sure your data is safe.