PDA

View Full Version : LSE Professor in Trouble (racial remarks/science)

LaCosa
05-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Not sure if this belongs on the political board or here on the general board. Certainly this deals with the reality of race being highly politicized but it overlaps with intellectual freedom, science, and I guess internet blogging.

LSE is the abbreviation for the London School of Economics. For those that may not be aware (I was not until a few months ago) it is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. It is also one of the top social science institutes in the world. Many world leaders have graduated from LSE be they European or African President. JFK of the United States graduated their. Big time business folks have taken classes or graduated from LSE.

Like Harvard or Yale going to LSE puts you in contact with people of best families, minds, and connections all over the world. International pimps.

This LSE professor in trouble can't help but knowing international pimps.

Full article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/20110528/tc_atlantic/psychologytodayapologizesblackwomenlessattractivea rticle38261

Psychology Today Apologizes for 'Black Women Less Attractive' Post

Earlier this month, the popular magazine Psychology Today published an article by evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa titled “Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women?" that was met, expectedly, with mass outrage. The article used data based on another study to make several claims such as "black women are objectively less physically attractive than other women" yet "subjectively consider themselves to be far more physically attractive than others."

After some attempted editing of the title, the magazine retracted the post from its website in its entirety. Kanazawa in turn is facing an investigation by the London School of Economics, where he is a professor, after a unanimous vote for his dismissal by the student union.

Contributing writers to Psychology Today moved quickly to do some damage control. Dr. Kaufman, in his blog for the magazine "Beautiful Minds," wrote a post re-analyzing Kanazawa's data.

runningdownthatdream
05-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Not sure if this belongs on the political board or here on the general board. Certainly this deals with the reality of race being highly politicized but it overlaps with intellectual freedom, science, and I guess internet blogging.

LSE is the abbreviation for the London School of Economics. For those that may not be aware (I was not until a few months ago) it is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. It is also one of the top social science institutes in the world. Many world leaders have graduated from LSE be they European or African President. JFK of the United States graduated their. Big time business folks have taken classes or graduated from LSE.

Like Harvard or Yale going to LSE puts you in contact with people of best families, minds, and connections all over the world. International pimps.

This LSE professor in trouble can't help but knowing international pimps.

Full article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/20110528/tc_atlantic/psychologytodayapologizesblackwomenlessattractivea rticle38261

He's just an attention whore - read some of his other 'theories'. He's been raked over the coals time and again by his peers for shoddy research methodologies outta left field conclusions. Based on the topics he chooses to address with his 'research' it seems like he's a repressed basket case.

Stavros
05-30-2011, 05:50 AM
a) yes, it should be in Politics & Religion
b) Kanazawa's 'research' has been widely discussed, there are plenty of people in academic institutions with views like his, its nothing specific to the LSE which has also recently been tarnished by the grant it received from Libya after Seif -al-Islam Ghadaffi 'earned' his PhD there -and also a grant that some LSE staff (such as the late Fred Halliday) opposed.

LaCosa
05-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Evolutionary psychology as a whole is a controversial field.

But what tickles me is the level of outrage.

I don't think too many people would dispute academia is largely controlled and influenced by those on the political left and the military and law enforcement by those on the political right.

Both engender their own biases.

I think few in LSE - students or faculty - would have responded which much outrage if an evolutionary psychologist suggested his study found that people with small penises are disproportionately found in the military and law enforcement comparative to those in higher education.

Though... I wonder what sample of "black women" Kanazawa drawing from? Halle Berry would be considered "black" in the United States and many of the light ass women on Brazil are frequently referred to as "black" by the United States and United Nations which is dead set on listing Brazil as the second largest black nation in the world behind Nigeria.

But just within the continent of Africa you have diverse populations of black Africans. Not all their ethnic groups look the same.

That said, I'm not PC, and there is at least one population in Africa of black people I doubt most people in the world would find attractive looking: the pygmies.

Of course I think most Aboriginals of Australian look unattractive. I'm not fond of those slinky neck Asian women in some tribe in what is it... South or Southeast Asia? Wherever.

I have to find a picture of that black Brazilian woman, married to a white Brazilian man, that led Rio's Carnival naked for two or more years. All the women of Brazil - white included - envied her ass and overall physical looks.

I'll post her.

(Hmm... to think of it... if the United Nations claims Brazil is sooo "black" then they would have to count most Brazilian trannies as "black" too. And Brazilian transsexuals are internationally famed for their good looks - I doubt Kanazawa's was drawing from samples and data that included Brazilian females, but I could be wrong)

LaCosa
05-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Okay... I haven't found her yet (because I forget her damn name) but doing my search I ran across this gem of a Braziliera. Holy shit! :shock: I had to post her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/22/nude-carnival-queen-vivia_n_168923.html

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-02-22-vivianecastro.jpg

LaCosa
05-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Here she is. She held the prized position of leading - heading in the parade - Rio's carnival some years back.

She's married to a white Brasiliero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Wr8QxH6yA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.carnaval.com/rio/carnaval/3-sisters.jpg

Okay... doing my search I kept coming across the term "mulatto globeleza," which I take it must translate in English as something like mulatto of the world or some shit, so, maybe I was too quick to categorize her as "black." But I could have sworn I read statements some years ago referring to her as a black Brasiliera. Whatever. The bitch is dark with bushy, curly hair, we'll leave it at that.

I can't find pictures with her and her husband either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP-SP4vZNsA

Stavros
05-30-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't think too many people would dispute academia is largely controlled and influenced by those on the political left and the military and law enforcement by those on the political right.

I don't believe the left 'controls' academia, it is controlled by money and reputation -the two go together. The appearance of political bias is due to academics who are on the left often having a higher profile because they study something that is in the public domain -whereas most academics work day after day without getting that exposure, and in the medical sciences, chemistry, physics -none of them hot beds of radicalism.

The attempt to tabulate 'scientifically' what it is people find attractive about each other is doomed from the start and undermined by simple facts -just look at the varied types who mate and marry. The assumption for example, is that men who want to breed will choose women who are young = fertile; have big hips = child-bearing morphology; that women who want to breed will choose alpha males =tall, muscular and loud; and men with a big cock = fertility again. Its a load of rubbish, but if an academic can get some foundation to part with $500,000 for a survey, what else matters?