PDA

View Full Version : What's A Worse Christmas Present?

Dino Velvet
05-29-2011, 10:41 PM
All Goddamn day I'm subjected to this Shirley Temple Little Darling DVD Collection (http://shirleydvd.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1) commercial on TV. Who goes for this crap anyway?

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/415/50045415/155686_512x288_generated.jpg

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/2500/Diarrhea-2990.jpg

seamonkey
05-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Good one!

GroobySteven
05-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Somebody bought me a goat for Xmas.
That sucked.
What was worse, it was living with a family in Africa and I couldn't even see it.

A year later, I got hit up asking me for more money to keep feeding the goat.

That gift was shit.

sunairco
05-30-2011, 05:09 AM
Steven, that reminds me of one "gift" we got around 2000-01. My wife has some evangelical, religious yahoos in her family that live in rural Arkansas that home schooled their kids and only permitted them to associate with other church members in a closed religious community that they essentially kept the kids like mushrooms. The church formed their own school and activities center for the kids and we get a "Christmas Present" from the family in an offical looking document inside a diploma type embossed folder that we're official supporters of the church school. We start getting these monthly bills...not phrased like donations or contributions, but actual notice due to an invoiced amount of something like $120 monthly. We'd look at these mailings, remark about the balls they had demanding such a ridiculous fixed figure for a charitable organization, and shitcaned them. A few months later we get a letter that reads like a civil demand letter from a law firm on behalf of the church reminding us of our obligation and outstanding balance, but steered short of an actual legal threat of litigation. There's some church staff worker that got an earful telling them to shove their "support" up their ass and we never commited ourselves to any horsehit like this. Never heard from them again nor my wife's family over there. Worked out great too. Saved my wife from sending each kid $25 each christmas and their birthdays all these years.

theone1982
05-30-2011, 06:00 AM
All Goddamn day I'm subjected to this Shirley Temple Little Darling DVD Collection (http://shirleydvd.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1) commercial on TV. Who goes for this crap anyway?

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/415/50045415/155686_512x288_generated.jpg

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/2500/Diarrhea-2990.jpg

Lol! I've thought the same exact thing! Those have got to be the shittiest movies ever! As if The Great Depression wasn't bad enough, people had to suffer through these crappy movies too!

Dino Velvet
05-30-2011, 06:33 AM
Lol! I've thought the same exact thing! Those have got to be the shittiest movies ever! As if The Great Depression wasn't bad enough, people had to suffer through these crappy movies too!

My Dad was an old fart when I was born. He was born in 1922. During The Depression, he was like me going to see Dracula, Frankenstein, and King Kong and never that Shirley Temple crapola.

theone1982
05-30-2011, 06:40 AM
My Dad was an old fart when I was born. He was born in 1922. During The Depression, he was like me going to see Dracula, Frankenstein, and King Kong and never that Shirley Temple crapola.

I've always wondered how awesome films like the ones you mentioned could have come from the same era as the Shirley Temple films, but I guess it's always been the same way. Maybe The Jersey Shore T.V. show is like the Shirley Temple films of today. But, at least the Jersey Shore has T&A instead of stupid dance numbers with dogs and songs that make someone want to stick a switchblade in their ears.:)

GroobySteven
05-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Steven, that reminds me of one "gift" we got around 2000-01. My wife has some evangelical, religious yahoos in her family that live in rural Arkansas that home schooled their kids and only permitted them to associate with other church members in a closed religious community that they essentially kept the kids like mushrooms. The church formed their own school and activities center for the kids and we get a "Christmas Present" from the family in an offical looking document inside a diploma type embossed folder that we're official supporters of the church school. We start getting these monthly bills...not phrased like donations or contributions, but actual notice due to an invoiced amount of something like $120 monthly. We'd look at these mailings, remark about the balls they had demanding such a ridiculous fixed figure for a charitable organization, and shitcaned them. A few months later we get a letter that reads like a civil demand letter from a law firm on behalf of the church reminding us of our obligation and outstanding balance, but steered short of an actual legal threat of litigation. There's some church staff worker that got an earful telling them to shove their "support" up their ass and we never commited ourselves to any horsehit like this. Never heard from them again nor my wife's family over there. Worked out great too. Saved my wife from sending each kid $25 each christmas and their birthdays all these years.

Fucking hell, what a great business model - we could make a fortune from that!

dderek123
05-30-2011, 12:43 PM
The DVD disks can be used as beer coasters. The diarrhea is worse imho.

Dino Velvet
05-30-2011, 10:28 PM
The DVD disks can be used as beer coasters. The diarrhea is worse imho.

You have to watch them first though. All of it, including all the spectacularly darling bonus features. Everything.

theone1982
05-31-2011, 02:05 AM
You have to watch them first though. All of it, including all the spectacularly darling bonus features. Everything.

Nooooooo! That sounds like a Twilight Zone episode!:)

Klinghoffer 660C
05-31-2011, 05:26 AM
You're a funny queen. Perhaps you protest too much.
So, what's the gripe? Afraid Shirley can't start your powerbottom?