PDA

View Full Version : IEM's

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-24-2011, 02:26 PM
This is not sexually related.
Anyone own a pair of in ear monitors?
I just ordered customs from a company and wanted to see if anyone else has also gone through the interesting yet weird process of getting their ears molded for the units........

If not cool, just figured I'd throw in a non sexual topic that wasn't violent or demeaning.

Some of you might want to consider the procedure for your bluetooths, a good company will charge $50 for a silicone mold and you have a device perfectly fit to your ear and a phone conversation that sounds more realistic.

JWBL

dderek123
05-24-2011, 02:37 PM
I have considered it. But still don't enjoy the feeling of something stuck in my ear. But I hear that IEMs can deliver some great sound. Check out headphone.com (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/headphone.com)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-24-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm actually on a few headphone forums as we speak (well type) I did my research before I purchased the units, I just wanted to hear from my own people about the matter. Folks on those forums are way too analytical of everything (hell actually thats every forum to be honest)

Jericho
05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Went thru the ear measuring silicone molding rigmarole, and to be honest, they were shite.
Money down the drain.
I got better results with a 35$ pair of KOS Eardrums
(more comfortable too)

hippifried
05-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Moldy ears, huh? There's probably a tincture for that.

Is there some kind of bluetooth that's all in the ear without an exterior mic?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-25-2011, 02:12 AM
yeah the company was purchased by motorola, the concept was that your voice was conducted through the vibrations or something to that regard, never sold well