PDA

View Full Version : Offski

robertlouis
05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Right, boys, girls and others (Dino Velvet, I'm talking to YOU!), I'm going to disappear for about three weeks, off on a vacation taking in France, Belgium, Germany and Austria, but mostly Austria, a sort of Hitler revisited but in reverse order, halfway up an alp and trying to get the songs for the next album polished up to studio standard.

I'm just off to practise my yodelling and polish my lederhosen, so I'll see y'all in June.

Play nice now. Tscheuss.

Mayrah
05-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Have fun!

robertlouis
05-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Have fun!

Thanks Mayrah.

This will be me in about 4 days time.

So when I tell you guys I've got the horn, I really mean it!

ed_jaxon
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Have a great vacation and don't check in here from any internet cafes.

Dino Velvet
05-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Aw shucks! What are we gonna do without Bob for three weeks?
Have a nice trip.:cheers:

muh_muh
05-19-2011, 08:37 PM
why belgium of all places? jeez

Birgitta
05-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey Robert, have fun!

I promise i will be nice ;)
Good luck with your music,
can it be heard somewhere online....?

Xxl

nonnonnon
05-19-2011, 09:36 PM
check out the frietmuseum in Belgium

Prospero
05-19-2011, 09:42 PM
he's gone - to charm those mitteleuropean frauleins

onmyknees
05-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Asta la vista. You're not a bad guy, just misguided . LOL...C Ya down the road.

CORVETTEDUDE
05-20-2011, 02:47 AM
I envy you RL....Have a great time!! See ya what you get back!!!

maaarc
05-20-2011, 02:59 AM
I feel like we've lost our hero and moral compass :( Shane, Shane come back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWdPmapuOd4

KirstenH
05-20-2011, 03:10 AM
auf siederwien und Schüss!

ps come by when visiting Belgium, and don't forget to taste our world's best and famous Belgian beers.

nevada64
05-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Yum. Belgian Beers....
:cheers:

Bon Voyage amigo.

Ineeda SM
05-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Have fun Bob, and send me some chocolate.

theone1982
05-20-2011, 04:19 AM
3 weeks?! It won't be the same around here without Mr. Louis! But, happy trails to you and hope you have a great trip! And drink one of those giant German beers that are the same height as a tall person!:cheers::party:

robertlouis
06-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Hi Kids.

I'm back.

And as you can see, the exposure to the glorious Austrian scenery didn't affect me at all.
Here I am after a week in the Alps.

theone1982
06-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Mr. Louis is back!:wiggle:

nevada64
06-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Good to have you back mate. You look refreshed.

robertlouis
06-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Thanks boys.

It was damn fine all in all.

I can confirm that Austria has some of the finest Alpine scenery in Europe as well as some of the nicest people, Germany continues to confound all the dumb British stereotypes, and that Belgium remains the world capital of weird - no wonder surrealism was born there.

And the mountain muse grabbed me for some new songs - I may be turning into the reincarnation of John Denver.......

nevada64
06-09-2011, 07:42 AM
I remember as a kid liking John Denver, but was too embarrassed to tell my father.

Nice to hear about your trip. I've never been to Belgium, what is weird about it?

theone1982
06-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Nice to hear about your trip. I've never been to Belgium, what is weird about it?

The Belgians.:)

Ineeda SM
06-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi Bob. Were you gone somewhere?:whistle:

Welcome back.:)

CORVETTEDUDE
06-09-2011, 06:01 PM
RL, I'd like to say you missed alot but.....Same ole shit, three weeks later!!!

iamdrgonzo
06-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Do the Austrian folks serve Mountain Oysters in the Alps?

KirstenH
06-10-2011, 02:11 AM
and that Belgium remains the world capital of weird - no wonder surrealism was born there.

ermmm... sexcuse me? :rolleyes:

robertlouis
06-12-2011, 08:30 PM
ermmm... sexcuse me? :rolleyes:

Sorry Kirsten, I owe you an explanation. I lived in Brussels for a while and spent a lot of down time visiting . The Vlaams vs Walloon tension really gets to you after a while, especially on "neutral ground" like Brussels, but it did constantly strike me that some things were just somehow off-kilter. Never felt entirely comfortable over there, and I've lived and worked in France, Germany and the Netherlands as well, so I transplant quite easily for a Brit.

No offence mind, just speaking as I find. I was in Ghent last week, and the Beckettian rigmarole to get into the hotel reminded me, it was like a scene from Waiting for Godot. Maybe it's the spirals in your bureacracy. Oh, and the garden adornments in a lot of suburban houses freak me out too.

KirstenH
06-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Sorry Kirsten, I owe you an explanation. I lived in Brussels for a while and spent a lot of down time visiting . The Vlaams vs Walloon tension really gets to you after a while, especially on "neutral ground" like Brussels, but it did constantly strike me that some things were just somehow off-kilter. Never felt entirely comfortable over there, and I've lived and worked in France, Germany and the Netherlands as well, so I transplant quite easily for a Brit.

No offence mind, just speaking as I find. I was in Ghent last week, and the Beckettian rigmarole to get into the hotel reminded me, it was like a scene from Waiting for Godot. Maybe it's the spirals in your bureacracy. Oh, and the garden adornments in a lot of suburban houses freak me out too.

sure sweetie, no offence, just wondered what's it was all about you were speaking.

Imagine if you actualy live overhere, the political talk about the Flemish vs Walloon sucks and after so many years the "problems" between both keeps going on and there is still no solution.

I totaly understand how it must feel as a foreign visitor, people realy do not understand what's it all about but it's something very stupid imho.

anyway, this is not a political forum so we better stop the discussion here and have some fun, right?

Kirsten
xoxo

robertlouis
06-14-2011, 03:57 AM
sure sweetie, no offence, just wondered what's it was all about you were speaking.

Imagine if you actualy live overhere, the political talk about the Flemish vs Walloon sucks and after so many years the "problems" between both keeps going on and there is still no solution.

I totaly understand how it must feel as a foreign visitor, people realy do not understand what's it all about but it's something very stupid imho.

anyway, this is not a political forum so we better stop the discussion here and have some fun, right?

Kirsten
xoxo

I'm up for fun anytime, Kirsten. :)

One incident about the Vlaams/Walloon tension sticks in my mind in particular. When I was living and working in Brussels, I took my (multinational) team out for dinner one night in a French restaurant in the city. The menu was in French, but the Flemish members of the team insisted on ordering entirely in Vlaams, simply to make their linguistic point.

Whereabouts are you? When I was travelling down to Austria and back I stopped off in Dinant on the Meuse and also in Gent - lovely towns both of them. Always avoid Brussels when driving - the Brussels Ring makes the M25 in England look like a country lane, missed so many planes when I lived there because of it!

Birgitta
06-14-2011, 05:48 AM

Did you visit the gravensteen ?

robertlouis
06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi Birgitta

Sadly no - saw it from the outside, arrived late on the Monday evening after a gruelling drive from Wurzburg (where I did visit the Marienberg) and only had the morning in Gent before heading back to catch the ferry.

Next time though. And Brugge is well overdue a return visit - one of the most beguiling places in Europe.

Belgium isn't all bad. Just weird!

Confused now - are you in Belgium or the Netherlands?

KirstenH
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm up for fun anytime, Kirsten. :)

One incident about the Vlaams/Walloon tension sticks in my mind in particular. When I was living and working in Brussels, I took my (multinational) team out for dinner one night in a French restaurant in the city. The menu was in French, but the Flemish members of the team insisted on ordering entirely in Vlaams, simply to make their linguistic point.

Whereabouts are you? When I was travelling down to Austria and back I stopped off in Dinant on the Meuse and also in Gent - lovely towns both of them. Always avoid Brussels when driving - the Brussels Ring makes the M25 in England look like a country lane, missed so many planes when I lived there because of it!

Like i've said, it makes us (Belgians) a little sad and crazy...

anyway, politics are not my kind of favorite stuff, i prefere sex with a good looking dude. :)

I'm from Puurs, that's between Antwerpen (20km) and Brussels (30km).

Kisses,
KirstenH