PDA

View Full Version : Pizza

Paul
12-21-2005, 11:10 PM
pepperoni :P

BeardedOne
12-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Since I think I'm finally going to get down to Wooster Square in New Haven, CT to check out whether I like Pepe's or Sally's pizza better... What's your favorite pizza?

Hi Angela!

Please let us know about Pepe's. The railroad people were all drooling about it when I was there last year. Unfortunately, it seems to be such the rage that there was a line out the door, waiting to be seated. :(

Quinn
12-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Without a doubt, it's chicken and tomato. Ray's Pizza in mid-town, NYC makes a chicken and tomato pizza that is unbelievably good.

-Quinn

xxMelania4uxx
12-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Extra Cheese only...

Kramer
12-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Rosa's pizza is the best I ever had. Rosa's has 3 pizza places in Queens, check them out!! They make all combo's, including lasagna pizza!! 8)

BeardedOne
12-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Without a doubt, it's chicken and tomato. Ray's Pizza in mid-town, NYC makes a chicken and tomato pizza that is unbelievably good.

-Quinn

We practically lived at Ray's when I stayed at the Milford Plazza (The Lul-a-BUY of ol' Broadway) back in the early eighties. For three days we were commuting up and down the block at all hours. :)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Pepperoni and cheese, Meatlovers pizza!! YUM.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/046.gif

~Kisses.http://www.anikaos.com/0032-kao_licca_kao-ani/kao_licca_kao-ani_25.gif

HTG

Quinn
12-22-2005, 01:04 AM

-Quinn

We practically lived at Ray's when I stayed at the Milford Plazza (The Lul-a-BUY of ol' Broadway) back in the early eighties. For three days we were commuting up and down the block at all hours. :)

I used to do IT consulting for an advertising agency on 49th & 8th, a short distance from there. I've had lunch there dozens of times. There are many great restaurants in that area.

On another note, nice commercial reference. I haven't thought about that one for years. When I was a kid, it seemed like they ran that commercial around the clock.

-Quinn

BeardedOne
12-22-2005, 01:28 AM
On another note, nice commercial reference. I haven't thought about that one for years. When I was a kid, it seemed like they ran that commercial around the clock.

-Quinn

Oh, yah, the Milford Plaza commercial was drilled into my brain along with all the other catchy jingles like "Eight-oh-oh, 3-2-5, 3-5-3-5" (Sheraton) and the one that made the top forty, "Pennsylvania six, five oh-oh-oh!" (The Pennsylvania/Penta/Whatever across from Penn Station). Put it to music and it never, ever leaves the grey cells. :shock:

But the fave was for Albany Carpets, in Boston:

How many cookies could Andrew eat?
ANdrew eight eight-thousand. :)

My beef with the MP was that the bellmen didn't really dance and sing like that. I actually expressed my discontent to the management and they let us stay in the Ed Sullivan Suite. :lol:

But, on pizza, does anyone recall the little, dime-sized pepperoni that has been missing for years? They would cover the pie with a hundred or so and they'd curl up and crisp while cooking. MMMMMM-MMMMM! I do so miss them. I blame Pizza The Hut for doing away with that style pepperoni. America and its bigger, biggest, and liar size things. Sheesh. :roll:

Andrew Johnson
12-22-2005, 04:17 AM
Chorico for me. It's a portuguese sausage. Generally pronounced sha-reese in my area. (South Eastern New England, RI, south east MA, etc...)

Mugai_hentaisha
12-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Piper's Pizza here in P-burg

The Italians invented the pizza but it took a Scot to perfect it

I like them with everything including ham and pineapple.

Ecstatic
12-22-2005, 05:06 AM

LOL! I well remember that jingle and those commercials. However, it was Able Rug, not Albany Carpets.

BeardedOne
12-22-2005, 05:36 AM

LOL! I well remember that jingle and those commercials. However, it was Able Rug, not Albany Carpets.

Hmm...Research time. I remember Albany, as in Albany Street near the impound yard. Or were they related to each other? I'll have to shake my brain a bit.

Howzabout Back Bay House of Pizza, on Boylston, near Berkley School of Music (Betwixt H & I of the alphabet blocks...<Thinking>...Hereford and Ipswich). They still there? They still good?

johnb
12-22-2005, 06:41 AM
sausage and mushroom, double cheese please

lmw222001
12-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Howzabout Back Bay House of Pizza, on Boylston, near Berkley School of Music (Betwixt H & I of the alphabet blocks...<Thinking>...Hereford and Ipswich). They still there? They still good?

They're still there, and still good.
My fav is bacon and mushroom and the best pizza is Regina's in the North End.

marissaazts
12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
hot sasuage onions anchovies and pineapple is my fav in deep dish

Ecstatic
12-22-2005, 05:28 PM

I remember them from years ago, but haven't been there in ages. There was also Athens pizza in Somerville (back in the 70s).

hwbs
12-22-2005, 07:35 PM
make sure u bundle up when u go down there.....there is no waiting area....u wait outside.....especially on thursdays.....dont forget if the main peppys is full there is a smaller one in the back of the parking lot...as far as toppings go , xtra onions....i personally like bar pizza on crown street...

lahabra1976
12-22-2005, 08:12 PM
What about the California Pizza Kitchen Pear and Gonzolla Pizza

BeardedOne
12-22-2005, 09:10 PM

Thanx! :D

Yah, Bacon and 'shrooms works for me as well. I don't recall Regina's, but most of my time in the North End was spent trying to parallel park the '66 Fleetwood 75. 8)