PDA

View Full Version : Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights

Silcc69
04-26-2011, 10:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110425/ap_on_re_us/us_texas_transgender_marriage

I will be the first to say that I had NO clue they had these type of rights in Texas.

hippifried
04-27-2011, 08:02 AM
I thought there was already a thread on this, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway: If a marriage was legally ordained, you can't nullify it by changing the rules at a later date. Article I section 10 of the US Constitution prohibits the States from enacting ex post facto laws. That complicates the argument by the zany theocrats, but it's really not complicated in law.

I think DOMA's gone now too, isn't it? These attempts at rewriting laws to allow discrimination are the last gasp of the fanatics. All this shit is going to go away. The toons are losing at every turn. It may take a little while longer than sane people would like, but it's going to happen. The just demand for equality is unstoppable

onmyknees
04-28-2011, 05:04 AM
I thought there was already a thread on this, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway: If a marriage was legally ordained, you can't nullify it by changing the rules at a later date. Article I section 10 of the US Constitution prohibits the States from enacting ex post facto laws. That complicates the argument by the zany theocrats, but it's really not complicated in law.

I think DOMA's gone now too, isn't it? These attempts at rewriting laws to allow discrimination are the last gasp of the fanatics. All this shit is going to go away. The toons are losing at every turn. It may take a little while longer than sane people would like, but it's going to happen. The just demand for equality is unstoppable

Yes...I believe DOMA is gone...another flip flop by your guy. ( he was for it before he was against it) If that does happen as you seem positive it will....it will be because the public has come to terms with it and settled the issue in the same way women secured the right to vote. It won't be because all the loons on the left like you have shouted slurs and belittled those who are trying to reconcile this and other social issues. As a society we may not get there as quickly as some may desire...but we'll get there...and it will be in spite of people like you....not because of you. It will be because hearts change minds...not haters and loud mouths.

hippifried
04-28-2011, 05:40 AM
You're so full of shit. You fanatics can come up with a lie for all occasions, can't ya? Amazing. If you weren't so busy jackin' off to Hannity, you might be able to learn how to think.