PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Get The New Mortal Kombat?

Dino Velvet
04-21-2011, 11:05 PM
I think I'm ordering it for PS3 today. Just need to decide whether to get the Standard or Tournament Edition. This Mortal Kombat has supposedly done right by the franchise. Anybody have their copy yet or planning on getting one?

rockabilly
04-21-2011, 11:09 PM
bte has it. :shrug:

Dino Velvet
04-21-2011, 11:12 PM
bte has it. :shrug:

Great. Hope he jumps in and gives a review. My game consoles are gathering dust and I want a reason to play some games.

godivatgirls
04-21-2011, 11:14 PM
yeah I just brought that game... is ok... but I like some of the earlier versions better...

Quiet Reflections
04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Nope but I got Portal 2

theone1982
04-22-2011, 02:53 AM
I think I'm ordering it for PS3 today. Just need to decide whether to get the Standard or Tournament Edition. This Mortal Kombat has supposedly done right by the franchise. Anybody have their copy yet or planning on getting one?

I just played a preview of it at my buddy's house a couple of days ago. It was pretty sweet! It's a mix of the first and second game, more old school rather than 3D. Reminds me of when I was a kid pumping quarters into the Mortal Kombat 2 arcade game at my local pizza parlor!:) I'm not sure what the difference is between the tournament and standard version is though.:confused:

Dino Velvet
04-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Just came back from Best Buy and got the Standard Edition. The Arcade Stick is pretty sweet but the Tournament Edition is $149.95. I also got a $10 Gift Card thrown in so it was like paying $49.95 instead of $59.95 for the Standard Edition. I'm happy.

south ov da border
04-22-2011, 03:36 AM
picking it up tomorrow...

bte
04-22-2011, 04:03 AM
I bought Mortal Kombat and its pretty damn good. The cast of the new MK are the same as in MK 3. The story mode is awesome. Fatalities are brutal. You only get one fatality for each character in the beginning, then you have to unlock the rest. Each character has two fatalities and a level fatality. The tower challenge offers 300 challenges. It has the Test Your Strike, Luck, and Sight modes. There is another mode which I can't recall right now. Overall, its a great game. I played online only once and it was a little bit laggy, but not much.

bte
04-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Nope but I got Portal 2

Portal 2 pretty sweet. I picked that up as well. I haven't played the story mode yet, but I have been playing the coop mode.

BellaBellucci
04-22-2011, 04:06 AM
You guys don't get enough Mortal Kombat here on HA? :?

~BB~

theone1982
04-22-2011, 04:09 AM
I bought Mortal Kombat and its pretty damn good. The cast of the new MK are the same as in MK 3. The story mode is awesome. Fatalities are brutal. You only get one fatality for each character in the beginning, then you have to unlock the rest. Each character has two fatalities and a level fatality. The tower challenge offers 300 challenges. It has the Test Your Strike, Luck, and Sight modes. There is another mode which I can't recall right now. Overall, its a great game. I played online only once and it was a little bit laggy, but not much.

No friendship?!

nonnonnon
04-22-2011, 04:27 AM
the game has babalities
YouTube - Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) ALL BABALITIES COMPILATION! [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqvBdj1knE)
but I didn't pick it up. Im a street fighter guy

theone1982
04-22-2011, 04:29 AM
the game has babalities
but I didn't pick it up. Im a street fighter guy

Babalities but no friendship?! Weak!

Dino Velvet
04-22-2011, 05:46 AM

Great. Thanks for the review, bte.:cheers: