PDA

View Full Version : A story of greed extortion and ladyboys

seanbeag7
04-15-2011, 08:35 PM
This is amazing story about attempted greed and extortion and how one guy fought back by using his head instead of fighting.

To lay the groundwork for the story of extortion and greed, we have to go back a bit earlier to 2000 and 2001. During those years I had started a website about ladyboys, only the 2nd one on the 'net at that time; there are probably 30 now. Save for a webmaster based in the states, I did all the work myself; photography, videography, travel, networking, finding models, accounting, customer support, meeting with the customers....I even ran a forum like this one and did 90% of the posting, just to raise interest in the topic.

It was a difficult road and it almost went off-line in late 2001; but by 2002 I had figured out the game and knew how to advertise and get noticed on the web and by 2003, 2004 and 2005 had ascended to the top of the heap in that racket, with a lot of hard work, risk, sweat, and headaches, not to mention a ton of investment; basically everything that was made in those years went right back into the website and finally by 2005 the site was making enough to start farming out some of the jobs I was doing.

I brought on 3 new photographers so I could have a rest; by that time I had worked with well over 500 ladyboys in 5 countries and was frankly exhausted. This lifestyle is all fun and games to most punters, but when you get down in the trenches with that many prostitutes, drug addicts, liars, thieves, farang lowlifes, alcoholics, shady characters, etc, over the course of 5 years, *anyone* would get tired and jaded and cynical, it's inevitable. I brought on a guy in Pattaya, who had asked me himself for the work, I never approached him. An American guy and a Thai girl {real lady} from Phuket came on next and did great outdoor work for me, and then I finally added a Bangkok/Chiang Mai guy, who could do the work I had been doing all those years.

All the pieces were finally in place for me to have a well-deserved vacation away from the scene and away from all ladyboys and their associated nonsense; my phone never stopped ringing during that stretch, and again.....while all you new guys may think this lifestyle is all fun and games, try and entrench yourself so deeply into it that after 5 or 6 years you are just plain tired of it. You may say "impossible", well I said that myself also when I first discovered ladyboys in 1999. So all that was left now for me was customer service and accounting, I had even passed on the message board duties to another guy and I was rarely heard from and even more rarely seen in Bangkok; I even tossed out my old SIM card so the LB's couldn't even reach me anymore. It was the perfect time to take a vacation on a gorgeous tropical island and forget my Bangkok life, and frankly good riddance to all that. What happened during that holiday changed my perception about humankind and trust forever.

Please read the rest of the story here http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/251-a-story-of-greed-attempted-extortion-and-ladyboys/

dgs925
04-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Waaaaaaayyyyyy too long of a story, I gave up on the second page. Hope things turned out all right for you though.

kaiser1one
04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Damn man, that gets annoying reading each and every damn page to finish. I should e-peen slap you.

Seriously though, that is damn annoying.

seanbeag7
04-15-2011, 10:45 PM
trust me it's a bloody great story :)

goliath_91710
04-15-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm right in the middle of it & loving it!

GroobySteven
04-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Pretty good - quite possibly the only story where I feature as a good guy albeit a small role ;-)

Stavros
04-16-2011, 12:44 AM
I read the whole of it, and found it a fascinating if sad exposure of the desperate remedies some people will go to in the search for a pot of gold. That JD got his revenge through humiliation is the best part of it, not descending to the level of threats of violence that he was so traumatically subjected to himself. A cautionary tale from the dark side.

seamonkey
04-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Great story! Very well written and engaging.

Are you actually Harlan Ellison in disguise? This is something he would do.

Jericho
04-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Pretty good - quite possibly the only story where I feature as a good guy albeit a small role ;-)

I noticed that! :lol:

BBaggins06
04-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Great story! Very well written and engaging.

Are you actually Harlan Ellison in disguise? This is something he would do.

Not remotely. Have you read any of Harlan's books? It was a good story but wasn't THAT well written. For an internet blogger, he was really good. To compare him to a science fiction legend is crazy. Even more laughable were the comparisons to Leonard Elmore in the thread. LE would have finished the story in about 1/4th of the verbiage the author used.

nonnonnon
04-20-2011, 04:48 AM
I got around to reading this. seanchai saves the day haha

dderek123
04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Cool story bro

dderek123
04-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Very nice story. A similar thing happened to me about a year ago. I was pretty darn scared. Once I figured out who it was I changed my number and moved on. Easy as that. It's a common thing unfortunately in Thailand.