PDA

View Full Version : Should There Be A Ban Of The Month Club?

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 06:45 AM
People come and go here all the time. Moderators are the ones that get to ban. I think members should be able to vote for one member per month to get banned. Just one member and just once a month. It takes no power away from the mods even though it gives us minimal power to police ourselves. The only drawback for me is I'm not sure how to do it. Maybe sticky a thread once a month or attach some sort of poll to it. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out if I wasn't high. Oh well, vote.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 06:53 AM
People come and go here all the time. Moderators are the ones that get to ban. I think members should be able to vote for one member per month to get banned. Just one member and just once a month. It takes no power away from the mods even though it gives us minimal power to police ourselves. The only drawback for me is I'm not sure how to do it. Maybe sticky a thread once a month or attach some sort of poll to it. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out if I wasn't high. Oh well, vote.

Just like in ancient Athens! The people vote to ostracize one member of the community, and that person is screwed!:) I think I have some ideas as to who should go, maybe you're thinking of the same people!:) Hopefully not me!:)

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Oh Hell no! You and me are fine. I've been a fan of The Four Horseman since Ole & Arn beat up Thunderbolt Patterson and acknowledged Flair as a cousin then brought in Tully & JJ. I know my NWA history.

I hope a mod replies to this. I wouldn't want them to go to too much trouble. I was wondering if, since they moderate the forum, they could post a top 10 of the most loathsome characters around here and we could vote for the one to go.

robertlouis
04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Oh Hell no! You and me are fine. I've been a fan of The Four Horseman since Ole & Arn beat up Thunderbolt Patterson and acknowledged Flair as a cousin then brought in Tully & JJ. I know my NWA history.

I hope a mod replies to this. I wouldn't want them to go to too much trouble. I was wondering if, since they moderate the forum, they could post a top 10 of the most loathsome characters around here and we could vote for the one to go.

What? Only ten????

theone1982
04-12-2011, 07:12 AM

Nothing beats the original four and JJ! A top 10 list would be really fun to make. It could be like the F.B.I.'s 10 most wanted list!:)

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 07:15 AM
What? Only ten????

I think 10 is a good number. Less than that would put the mods in the undesirable position of giving the appearance of picking on just a few. More than 10 might be too much trouble.

I could be wrong. If you have any positive solutions, give your input. This is something that would benefit all of us.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Nothing beats the original four and JJ! A top 10 list would be really fun to make. It could be like the F.B.I.'s 10 most wanted list!:)

Agreed. I always liked Ole & Arn as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew beat jobbers to death with Ole coming off the top with the knee to the shoulder or Arn's Gourdbuster. Tully grew on me over time as he was kind of the Buddy Roberts of the group. Have you seen any recent pics of "dat Jezebel from da streets, Bebay Dawl"?

theone1982
04-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Agreed. I always liked Ole & Arn as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew beat jobbers to death with Ole coming off the top with the knee to the shoulder or Arn's Gourdbuster. Tully grew on me over time as he was kind of the Buddy Roberts of the group. Have you seen any recent pics of "dat Jezebel from da streets, Bebay Dawl"?

Actually, no I haven't seen any recent pics of her, but I hear she goes to fan conventions sometimes. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew! Always work one of the limbs and stay on it. Now that's old school match psychology! Tully was a good worker, he had that excellent match at Starrcade with Magnum T.A.

SunshyneMonroe
04-12-2011, 07:28 AM
if u want freddie gone just go throw all his post and find where he has "messed" UP and report it "flag" he should be gone in no time..

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Actually, no I haven't seen any recent pics of her, but I hear she goes to fan conventions sometimes. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew! Always work one of the limbs and stay on it. Now that's old school match psychology! Tully was a good worker, he had that excellent match at Starrcade with Magnum T.A.

The I Quit Match? One of the best of all time. No doubt about it.

Don't know if I ever asked you this before but were you a fan of Portland Wrestling? A guy who trained me as a wrestler used to work up there. His name was Jonathan Dodd but he went by Jonathan Holliday. I saw some tape so he's legit. He used to bring down Bruce and Ross Hart from Calgary to work with us. Funny thing is Bruce would always give people encouragement by saying shit like, "Holy Hell, you take a bump like Chris Benoit." Wonder if he still says that.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 07:36 AM
if u want freddie gone just go throw all his post and find where he has "messed" UP and report it "flag" he should be gone in no time..

I actually don't think Freddie's a bad guy, just a little young and dumb way to preoccupied with Whitey. That's just my opinion. I don't speak for anyone else. I do think he'd be on the top ten list but I wouldn't kick him out.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
The I Quit Match? One of the best of all time. No doubt about it.

Don't know if I ever asked you this before but were you a fan of Portland Wrestling? A guy who trained me as a wrestler used to work up there. His name was Jonathan Dodd but he went by Jonathan Holliday. I saw some tape so he's legit. He used to bring down Bruce and Ross Hart from Calgary to work with us. Funny thing is Bruce would always give people encouragement by saying shit like, "Holy Hell, you take a bump like Chris Benoit." Wonder if he still says that.

I've heard a lot about Portland wrestling, mostly with Rowdy Roddy Piper, and the promoter Don Owen being a really nice guy, but I've never really seen any of it, except for a match here or there on compilation DVDs. That's really cool that you worked with the Harts. Have you read Bret's book? It's a really good read, I bet it would make a great movie. Interesting family. Did Holliday work in Stampede?

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I've heard a lot about Portland wrestling, mostly with Rowdy Roddy Piper, and the promoter Don Owen being a really nice guy, but I've never really seen any of it, except for a match here or there on compilation DVDs. That's really cool that you worked with the Harts. Have you read Bret's book? It's a really good read, I bet it would make a great movie. Interesting family. Did Holliday work in Stampede?

I think he worked Stampede too. It was all crap. No health insurance, sometimes no money, and no exposure as I never performed in front of more than 50 people(30 were probably comp'd). I busted my ass thinking I'd be a huge Gaijin star in Japan. Bullshit. I went back to being a doorman.

All of this happened before the death of Owen Hart. Bruce and Ross were good to me and I called them with condolences.

BLKGSXR
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah that will only piss off mods...would you like 1389028382931 notifications? Yeah thought so :p

theone1982
04-12-2011, 08:02 AM
I think he worked Stampede too. It was all crap. No health insurance, sometimes no money, and no exposure as I never performed in front of more than 50 people(30 were probably comp'd). I busted my ass thinking I'd be a huge Gaijin star in Japan. Bullshit. I went back to being a doorman.

All of this happened before the death of Owen Hart. Bruce and Ross were good to me and I called them with condolences.

Yeah, from all the stories I hear, the business is really harsh, and with all the regional territories gone, it's practically impossible to make a career out of it, let alone become a star. Money was better in Japan, today it's pretty much dried up, but that's if you want to put up with getting potatoed all night in borderline shoots.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Yeah, from all the stories I hear, the business is really harsh, and with all the regional territories gone, it's practically impossible to make a career out of it, let alone become a star. Money was better in Japan, today it's pretty much dried up, but that's if you want to put up with getting potatoed all night in borderline shoots.

I don't mind getting potatoed as long as someone pays to get me stitched up. Ever see the Hansen/Vader match in Japan where Hansen knocks Vader's eye out onto his cheek? That tough mastadon Vader put his eye back in his head and kept fighting. You ever hear Paul Orndorff bragging about smacking Vader around? I don't know what happened but in a fair fight heads up Vader would kill him especially with Orndorff's incredible shrinking arms.

YouTube has the AJPW Hansen/Vader match. Also check out Vader's worked shoots he did for UWFi.

dderek123
04-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I like using the ignore function. It's very personalized to suit my needs on this forum.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't mind getting potatoed as long as someone pays to get me stitched up. Ever see the Hansen/Vader match in Japan where Hansen knocks Vader's eye out onto his cheek? That tough mastadon Vader put his eye back in his head and kept fighting. You ever hear Paul Orndorff bragging about smacking Vader around? I don't know what happened but in a fair fight heads up Vader would kill him especially with Orndorff's incredible shrinking arms.

YouTube has the AJPW Hansen/Vader match. Also check out Vader's worked shoots he did for UWFi.

I have seen that Hansen/Vader match! Brutal! I heard Orndorff knocked Vader out with one punch. I would have been rooting for Vader, as Orndorff always seemed like a prick who was jealous because he never became as big as Hogan. Vader also had a kind of worked shoot match with shamrock in the WWF in 98. It's funny, you can hear Shamrock whisper to Vader "Too stiff!". My favorite Vader match though is the one against Shawn michaels at summerslam 96. Vader stiffs him a couple times, and michaels gets visibly upset and bitches him out in the ring for missing a couple spots. It's awesome!

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
I have seen that Hansen/Vader match! Brutal! I heard Orndorff knocked Vader out with one punch. I would have been rooting for Vader, as Orndorff always seemed like a prick who was jealous because he never became as big as Hogan. Vader also had a kind of worked shoot match with shamrock in the WWF in 98. It's funny, you can hear Shamrock whisper to Vader "Too stiff!". My favorite Vader match though is the one against Shawn michaels at summerslam 96. Vader stiffs him a couple times, and michaels gets visibly upset and bitches him out in the ring for missing a couple spots. It's awesome!

Shamrock was told to stiff Vader as punishment for Vader taking too many liberties with other wrestlers.

If Stan Hansen couldn't knock Vader out Orndorff sure couldn't do it unless it was a sucker punch which it might have been.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Shamrock was told to stiff Vader as punishment for Vader taking too many liberties with other wrestlers.

If Stan Hansen couldn't knock Vader out Orndorff sure couldn't do it unless it was a sucker punch which it might have been.

I think I heard that it was a sucker punch. I've always wondered what the story behind the match with Shamrock and Vader was. I recently watched the Flair shoot interview where he talks about his match with Vader at starrcade. He says Vader stiffed him all throughout the match because he was pissed that he had to drop the strap to Flair.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I think I heard that it was a sucker punch. I've always wondered what the story behind the match with Shamrock and Vader was. I recently watched the Flair shoot interview where he talks about his match with Vader at starrcade. He says Vader stiffed him all throughout the match because he was pissed that he had to drop the strap to Flair.

There's a shorter list of people that Vader didn't stiff than ones he did. What about those handicapped jobbers matches he had in WCW. I think Vader thought the goal of a handicapped match was to make your opponents handicapped. Looky.

YouTube - Vader vs 2 guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sVl95KI2c)

dderek123
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah he beat up on those guys so greatly whilst they were paid to be beat up.

Go watch real fighting if you want to see a real fight.

http://www.versus.com/mma/videos/wec-53-unaired-prelim-bout-pickett-vs-menjivar-1/in-stream/types/videos/tag/101-ivan-menjivar/sort/most-recent/

theone1982
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
There's a shorter list of people that Vader didn't stiff than ones he did. What about those handicapped jobbers matches he had in WCW. I think Vader thought the goal of a handicapped match was to make your opponents handicapped. Looky.

YouTube - Vader vs 2 guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sVl95KI2c)

Holy shit! I would've hated to have seen the booking sheet in the locker room and it had my name next to Vaders! They definitely earned their trip to the pay window that night.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah he beat up on those guys so greatly whilst they were paid to be beat up.

Go watch real fighting if you want to see a real fight.

http://www.versus.com/mma/videos/wec-53-unaired-prelim-bout-pickett-vs-menjivar-1/in-stream/types/videos/tag/101-ivan-menjivar/sort/most-recent/

I dig MMA too. I don't follow it as much as I'd like to. Good sport. Pro Wrestling sucks now but the 80-90s were great.

dderek123
04-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah I was just being cheeky. I was a huge fan of Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan. I stopped watching after Bret Hart left the WWF after the 'Montreal Screwjob'. I think I just grew out of it and all the new wrestlers coming in seemed really lame.

dderek123
04-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Watch that fight though. It has two bantamweights beating the snot right out of each other.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Holy shit! I would've hated to have seen the booking sheet in the locker room and it had my name next to Vaders! They definitely earned their trip to the pay window that night.

There was another story about Vader that included The Iron Sheik. I think it was Bill Watts' office The Iron Sheik was in. Sheik was bellyaching about being a former WWF Champ and not feeling he needed to job. Vader was called in to intimidate Sheik. It worked. Sheiky Baby gladly agreed to job.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I dig MMA too. I don't follow it as much as I'd like to. Good sport. Pro Wrestling sucks now but the 80-90s were great.

I also like MMA, I've done some training in it. But, it's pretty clear that MMA, specifically the UFC, is using a lot of the same techniques as pro wrestling. Just check out any of the weigh-ins or press conferences to see the fighters try and cut promos pro wrestling style, or watch the fighters entrances. There are even fighters who come out with sparkly robes and women on their arms, could they be ripping off Flair? Could be! There are plenty of great MMA matches, but sometimes they get so boring when the ref won't stand them up that you wish a fan would jump the cage and get his ass kicked. I also hate the heavily hyped matches that end in like two seconds.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah I was just being cheeky. I was a huge fan of Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan. I stopped watching after Bret Hart left the WWF after the 'Montreal Screwjob'. I think I just grew out of it and all the new wrestlers coming in seemed really lame.

Yeah. All that John Cena family friendly corny crap made me tune out long ago. I liked that last Bret Hart run when he expanded The Hart Foundation with Pillman(RIP), Neidhart, Owen(RIP), and The British Bulldog(RIP). That was a great stable and Bret Hart was on fire every week with the heel promos.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/h/hartfoundation/19.jpg

theone1982
04-12-2011, 09:12 AM
There was another story about Vader that included The Iron Sheik. I think it was Bill Watts' office The Iron Sheik was in. Sheik was bellyaching about being a former WWF Champ and not feeling he needed to job. Vader was called in to intimidate Sheik. It worked. Sheiky Baby gladly agreed to job.

Lol! The sheik! "I will fuck him in the ass and make him humble!" I always like the story he tells about Verne Gagne trying to get him to break Hogan's leg.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah. All that John Cena family friendly corny crap made me tune out long ago. I liked that last Bret Hart run when he expanded The Hart Foundation with Pillman(RIP), Neidhart, Owen(RIP), and The British Bulldog(RIP). That was a great stable and Bret Hart was on fire every week with the heel promos.

Now that time period was awesome. Pro wrestling was on fire back then. I remember being in high school at the time and kids yelling suck it! and giving the crotch chop during assemblys, as well as Austin 3:16 and N.W.O. shirts all over the place.

Prospero
04-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Bad idea! Some people's most hated are other people's faves - or at least watched for the fun and disruption they case. If someone really gets on your nerves you can always block their posts for yourself.

dderek123
04-12-2011, 09:19 AM

At aboot that time Raw came to my home town and there was an America vs. Canada Survivor Series match. Shawn Micheals, Undertaker and two others vs. the Hart Foundation. Good times.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Lol! The sheik! "I will fuck him in the ass and make him humble!" I always like the story he tells about Verne Gagne trying to get him to break Hogan's leg.

He wouldn't do it. I think Verne tried to hire Bruiser Brody to go after Hogan too. Verne had just made Hogan a star in the AWA and he jumped to WWF really pissing off Verne. I hate Verne for forcing his skinny kid Greg on TV every week. Greg Gagne was terrible. They kept trying to pair him with different tag team partners seeing if it would catch on and he also had an abysmal singles run trying to take the World Belt. I think Stan Hansen kicked his ass real good once or twice too. That I liked.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Bad idea! Some people's most hated are other people's faves - or at least watched for the fun and disruption they case. If someone really gets on your nerves you can always block their posts for yourself.

There's enough people here to vote that it should even out. The only people here that bother me are the ones that are here solely to be negative and against everything. There are only a few but they stand out like a turd in a punchbowl.

dderek123
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Yep some of those turds are just brutal. It's hard to tell if they have serious issues or are just trolling for fun.

dderek123
04-12-2011, 09:28 AM
He wouldn't do it. I think Verne tried to hire Bruiser Brody to go after Hogan too. Verne had just made Hogan a star in the AWA and he jumped to WWF really pissing off Verne. I hate Verne for forcing his skinny kid Greg on TV every week. Greg Gagne was terrible. They kept trying to pair him with different tag team partners seeing if it would catch on and he also had an abysmal singles run trying to take the World Belt. I think Stan Hansen kicked his ass real good once or twice too. That I liked.

YouTube - Larry Zbyszko vs Greg Gagne, Bockwinkel turns babyface (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuPevh7cres)

dderek123
04-12-2011, 09:29 AM
YouTube - Larry Zbyszko vs Greg Gagne, Bockwinkel turns babyface (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuPevh7cres)
Lol at Zbyszko using nunchuks before the match starts.

theone1982
04-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Ha! Greg Gagne had quite the physique! Like a string bean. It's always funny to watch the big guys sell for him. I liked Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig's run with the AWA title. I recently watched one of his matches with Nick Bockwinkel and it was excellent.

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Ha! Greg Gagne had quite the physique! Like a string bean. It's always funny to watch the big guys sell for him. I liked Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig's run with the AWA title. I recently watched one of his matches with Nick Bockwinkel and it was excellent.

Hansen's title run around '85 was my favorite. He beat the crap out of everyone and his promos about his fat, ugly wife and nine kids were always funny.

tsdvdman
04-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I think any girl posting here begging for free stuff "gifts" should be banned for a month..lol

dgs925
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I think any girl posting here begging for free stuff "gifts" should be banned for a month..lol

Um, didn't you know this is a wrestling thread?

tsdvdman
04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
oops...lol

Dino Velvet
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM

It kinda turned into one but it's not too late to vote.

FreddieGomez
04-13-2011, 12:09 AM
I like using the ignore function. It's very personalized to suit my needs on this forum.

i use it. i have vanessa in ignore. i dont see shit from her any more. ya'll should use it too if u dont like somebody. i don't viciously attack anybody on a personal level so stfu Sunshyne...just because i said u sounded like rick ross u got this vendetta against me. smh

joeym75ld
04-13-2011, 12:39 AM

Dino - are all those guys dead due to steroid abuse?

theone1982
04-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Dino - are all those guys dead due to steroid abuse?

The British Bulldog is dead most likely from that as well as a combination of other drugs. Brian Pillman is dead from a drug overdose. Jim Neidhart is still alive but has had some drug problems lately. Bret Hart is alive, but he has suffered from multiple concussions and a stroke and is retired. Owen Hart died in a freak accident in 1999 at a PPV where he fell from the ceiling, hit the turnbuckle and died.

theone1982
04-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Hansen's title run around '85 was my favorite. He beat the crap out of everyone and his promos about his fat, ugly wife and nine kids were always funny.

Yeah, he's great. I liked his stuff in the early 90s in WCW. There's a match he had with with Lex Luger where he has all this chew in his mouth and the juice is streaming down onto his chest! You could tell Luger was pissed because he was getting it on him! It's actually one of Luger's better matches that didn't involve Flair.

Jericho
04-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Is this one of those Be careful what you wish for threads?

Dino Velvet
04-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Yeah, he's great. I liked his stuff in the early 90s in WCW. There's a match he had with with Lex Luger where he has all this chew in his mouth and the juice is streaming down onto his chest! You could tell Luger was pissed because he was getting it on him! It's actually one of Luger's better matches that didn't involve Flair.

Early Luger match from Florida in a cage with Bruiser Brody. I love thee backstory on this one. Brody died way too soon.

YouTube - Bruiser Brody vs. Lex Luger (Cage Match) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiAVHGhlakM)

Story behind the match: Brody didn't take kindly to Luger (the rookie) telling Brody (the veteran) in the locker room how the match was going to go. So Brody decided to not sell.

theone1982
04-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Early Luger match from Florida in a cage with Bruiser Brody. I love thee backstory on this one. Brody died way too soon.

YouTube - Bruiser Brody vs. Lex Luger (Cage Match) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiAVHGhlakM)

Story behind the match: Brody didn't take kindly to Luger (the rookie) telling Brody (the veteran) in the locker room how the match was going to go. So Brody decided to not sell.

Is that the one where Brody starts to go in business for himself and Luger thinks he's shooting?

theone1982
04-13-2011, 05:16 AM

I never really hear a consistent story on Luger. Some people thought he was alright, and some people hated him. I know Michael P.S. Hayes tells a story where Luger won't admit that he's a pro wrestler when people act like they know him.

theone1982
04-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Make it like Survivor. Who will be voted off HA Island?!:)

Dino Velvet
04-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Is that the one where Brody starts to go in business for himself and Luger thinks he's shooting?

Yep. Brody was being Brody. But fuck Luger too. If I had a rep like Brody I'd no sell too. Who is Luger to call that match even if he was leaving the territory? The heel is supposed to call the match anyway. A ref bump was called just to end the mess of that match. Luger was legit scared and got the Hell out of there. Brody would've murdered him in an actual shoot.

Dino Velvet
04-13-2011, 06:48 AM
I never really hear a consistent story on Luger. Some people thought he was alright, and some people hated him. I know Michael P.S. Hayes tells a story where Luger won't admit that he's a pro wrestler when people act like they know him.

Luger, to me, always looked like Huey Lewis on roids.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/71/87/image_7187719.jpghttp://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/HueyLewis-thumb.jpg

theone1982
04-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Yep. Brody was being Brody. But fuck Luger too. If I had a rep like Brody I'd no sell too. Who is Luger to call that match even if he was leaving the territory? The heel is supposed to call the match anyway. A ref bump was called just to end the mess of that match. Luger was legit scared and got the Hell out of there. Brody would've murdered him in an actual shoot.

Speaking of the heel calling the match, have you seen this recnt video of Doink the Clown (Matt Borne) and Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Doink was the heel and trying to call the match, but duggan wouldn't let him so Doink gets pissed off and they have an argument in the middle of the match, and it almost turns into a shoot! I heard that these days it's changing to where the veteran call the match, regardless if they are a face or heel.

YouTube - The most awkward match of 2010 turns into a shoot! - Doink the Clown vs. Jim Duggan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA9xMIvFKqA)

theone1982
04-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Luger, to me, always looked like Huey Lewis on roids.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/71/87/image_7187719.jpghttp://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/HueyLewis-thumb.jpg

Lol! I can see it! I never really liked Luger, not a lot of charisma.

Dino Velvet
04-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Speaking of the heel calling the match, have you seen this recnt video of Doink the Clown (Matt Borne) and Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Doink was the heel and trying to call the match, but duggan wouldn't let him so Doink gets pissed off and they have an argument in the middle of the match, and it almost turns into a shoot! I heard that these days it's changing to where the veteran call the match, regardless if they are a face or heel.

YouTube - The most awkward match of 2010 turns into a shoot! - Doink the Clown vs. Jim Duggan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA9xMIvFKqA)

Gonna watch it right now. Matt Borne is one of your Portland guys. Remember Borne Again in ECW? Half Borne/Half Doink. All awesome.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/m/mattborne/11.jpg

theone1982
04-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Gonna watch it right now. Matt Borne is one of your Portland guys. Remember Borne Again in ECW? Half Borne/Half Doink. All awesome.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/m/mattborne/11.jpg

I forgot about him being from Portland! That's when he had the lumberjack gimmick right? I thought Doink was a great gimmick, mostly because Borne is a very good worker. He had a match with Marty Jannety in the early RAW days that was great.

Dino Velvet
04-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I forgot about him being from Portland! That's when he had the lumberjack gimmick right? I thought Doink was a great gimmick, mostly because Borne is a very good worker. He had a match with Marty Jannety in the early RAW days that was great.

He was "Maniac" Matt Borne in the Portland days. He became Big Josh(Lumberjack Gimmick) in WCW. You guys had some good wrestlers up there at one time. I heard some great Portland stories in the car. Half were about Scott Levy(Raven) and his eternal lust for dope.

theone1982
04-13-2011, 07:22 AM
He was "Maniac" Matt Borne in the Portland days. He became Big Josh(Lumberjack Gimmick) in WCW. You guys had some good wrestlers up there at one time. I heard some great Portland stories in the car. Half were about Scott Levy(Raven) and his eternal lust for dope.

I forgot about Raven too! I think I heard in a shoot interview with him that he would pick out girls to be with every night at TV tapings, apparently it was one of the best ring rat towns according to him. The Johnny Polo gimmick was great. It's basically just shane MnMahon!

Dino Velvet
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Just saw that Duggan/Doink match. Kind of at a loss for words here... ahhhhhhh... hmmmmm. I wonder if they got paid. WTF was Pope doing talking about "how to take a bump" on commentary. I'd never sit his ass at that table again. Bill Watts would've stuck a shotgun in his mouth then fired him after pulling the trigger.

theone1982
04-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Just saw that Duggan/Doink match. Kind of at a loss for words here... ahhhhhhh... hmmmmm. I wonder if they got paid. WTF was Pope doing talking about "how to take a bump" on commentary. I'd never sit his ass at that table again. Bill Watts would've stuck a shotgun in his mouth then fired him after pulling the trigger.

They probably didn't get paid very much. I don't know what Pope was thinking, way too much shooting going on there! The Cowboy Bill Watts! Always great stories about him, especially from Jim Ross.

theone1982
06-16-2011, 06:36 AM
I revived this thread from the dead because I have a list of new candidates.:) "The new HA ban list is here! The new HA ban list is here! I'm somebody now!":)

Dino Velvet
06-16-2011, 08:12 AM
They probably didn't get paid very much. I don't know what Pope was thinking, way too much shooting going on there! The Cowboy Bill Watts! Always great stories about him, especially from Jim Ross.

Dude, you need to track down the Kamala shoot and hear him go off on Watts. Poor bastard had to keep kayfabe 24/7 while he was working the territory. Ever go to http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/ ? I picked up tons of shoots in mp3 form there a long time ago on their board. It requires a signup but it's totally free. Some serious nerds over there.

theone1982
06-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Dude, you need to track down the Kamala shoot and hear him go off on Watts. Poor bastard had to keep kayfabe 24/7 while he was working the territory. Ever go to http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/ ? I picked up tons of shoots in mp3 form there a long time ago on their board. It requires a signup but it's totally free. Some serious nerds over there.

Haven't saw that one, have to take a look. Thanks for the site! I recently finished watching the Ric Flair shoot, and it was great.

theone1982
06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
My favorite Watts story is when he ripped out some guys eyeball in a bar fight and swallowed it.

Dino Velvet
06-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Haven't saw that one, have to take a look. Thanks for the site! I recently finished watching the Ric Flair shoot, and it was great.

How long was that Flair shoot? I was watching O'Reilly last night and he was making fun of Tim Pawlenty calling him Vanilla and Boring. O'Reilly then showed a goofy montage that had a clip of a Ric Flair promo.

theone1982
06-16-2011, 08:40 AM
How long was that Flair shoot? I was watching O'Reilly last night and he was making fun of Tim Pawlenty calling him Vanilla and Boring. O'Reilly then showed a goofy montage that had a clip of a Ric Flair promo.

That's cool! I'll have to see if I can find that vid. I'd vote for Flair!:) The flair shoot is about 13 hours and is 4 discs. It's a really quality package for a shoot. I've been watching a little bit of it at a time for awhile. It's much better and more detailed than his book that came out awhile back.

russtafa
06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Freddie should be allowed his say he is young dumb and full off ...... but he will grow up

GrimFusion
06-16-2011, 10:37 AM

It would need to remain completely anonymous, and even then I think it'd only hinder the drama around here as people start downvoting each other and accusing others of downvoting themselves.

Instead, perhaps a system that simply stores a list of banned users and a stickied "Hall of Shame" thread to teach users what kind of shit they should refrain from. Make it comedy; so it's not just a fat "shake of the shame finger" pointed in our direction.

I don't know... I'm stoned. It's just an idea.