PDA

View Full Version : Honest thoughts of the Republican party from a Trans perceptive

Erika1487
03-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok so here is the deal...I am a trans, and I do work for the Republican party, but the party has no idea that I am trans. I hide it well during the day and it helps that I was born with the frame of a dump truck! From working inside politics the last 1o years I can say for certain it is not as negative as you think. I would say that 90 % of the trans community votes democratic, but there are the Republican transgendered voters out there who are very patriotic and support the party whole heartedly. I am certain that most Republican leaders are NOT HOMOPHPBIC or are suppressing your ideas or rights. I would honestly like to think that I could "Transition" as a party member and still be as respected as I am now. I would like to know what your thoughts of the party are towards trans folk?
Have you had many negative interactions with Republicans? Are you SURE that at the end of the day the Democrats REALLY have your best interests at heart?

Stavros
03-19-2011, 01:01 AM
I am not an American but I don't think reactions to trans or indeed any sexuality issues are shaped by political idelogy -Conservatives in politics do have a reputation for being narrow-minded and the American conservative who is also obsessed with biblical comments may be hostile, but I think activists are more interested in votes than values, so I think its down to the individual trans-person and how they interact with their colleagues at the local level. Not sure how this translates into policy issues over the pond. What is your main policy concern?

Silcc69
03-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Well tell them that you are a trans and see what happens then. Have you heard of the Log Cabin Republicans? They are gay republicans that typically aren't even claimed by the regular republican.

Erika1487
03-19-2011, 02:41 AM
I am not an American but I don't think reactions to trans or indeed any sexuality issues are shaped by political idelogy -Conservatives in politics do have a reputation for being narrow-minded and the American conservative who is also obsessed with biblical comments may be hostile, but I think activists are more interested in votes than values, so I think its down to the individual trans-person and how they interact with their colleagues at the local level. Not sure how this translates into policy issues over the pond. What is your main policy concern?
Well mostly I think that most Democrats are more interested in selling "Ideas" rather than facts when it comes to the gay & Trans commuinty. In truth Republicans spend just as much money in thier buget plans on gay & Trans community as democrats, but Republicans get all of the hell for being "homophbic" by cutting spending on certain gay & trans issues when all they are doing is making cuts ACROSS THE BOARD to try to balance the budget.

Erika1487
03-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Well tell them that you are a trans and see what happens then. Have you heard of the Log Cabin Republicans? They are gay republicans that typically aren't even claimed by the regular republican.
Yes I know who are the Log Cabin Republicans are and they are not "hated" their money goes to The party officals they support.

There is an other group called goproud that has a lot of got ideas and resources.

www.goproud.org

Silcc69
03-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Yes I know who are the Log Cabin Republicans are and they are not "hated" their money goes to The party officals they support.

There is an other group called goproud that has a lot of got ideas and resources.

www.goproud.org (http://www.goproud.org)

I didn't say they hated them I just said they don't claim them. Big difference.

marissaaz
03-19-2011, 04:36 AM
libertarian here and nra life member, but mostly vote repub. since most elections i have no horse in the race

Ineeda SM
03-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Ok so here is the deal...I am a trans, and I do work for the Republican party, but the party has no idea that I am trans. I hide it well during the day and it helps that I was born with the frame of a dump truck! From working inside politics the last 1o years I can say for certain it is not as negative as you think. I would say that 90 % of the trans community votes democratic, but there are the Republican transgendered voters out there who are very patriotic and support the party whole heartedly. I am certain that most Republican leaders are NOT HOMOPHPBIC or are suppressing your ideas or rights. I would honestly like to think that I could "Transition" as a party member and still be as respected as I am now. I would like to know what your thoughts of the party are towards trans folk?
Have you had many negative interactions with Republicans? Are you SURE that at the end of the day the Democrats REALLY have your best interests at heart?

Erika, I don't understand how you or anyone here can support the GOP who thinks you are a sick, perverted, abomination of nature. And they think you are mentally ill and need special help. The GOP goes against everything this website and it's users stand for. I am not speaking about any one republican in particular, I am talking about what the party line itself has preached openly.

The democratic party says you should be allowed to be who you are now if that is what you want. They think you should be allowed to marry, and have all the rights of any citizen. You are a human being in their eyes and not a freak of nature like the GOP thinks you are.

I am not trying to be critical of your beliefs, I am rather just curious how you can be on the side that would reject you in a second if they knew the truth about you. And just for that reason.

hippifried
03-19-2011, 07:51 AM
The only thing anybdy knows about any party anymore is the rhetoric, pro & con. Both the major parties have a constant battle on their hands trying to keep the negative rhetoric from becoming true. They're constantly fighting off the fanatics who would claim to speak for the party, whether they had anything to do with putting the platform together or not. Who in here has ever actually read a party platform? Of course not. We have talking heads all over the electronic media telling us what it says, pro & con. It's spun & twisted until even the authors are unsure what it says. So it just comes down to who's lies you want to believe.

As for the fanatics: They tend to infest any kind of organization even remotely leans in their direction. If the organization isn't vigilant, the group gets pegged as the fanatics because they end up doing all the talking.

Democrats have to fend off the crackpot commies in all their various manifestations, who want to destroy the market place & have everybody walking in lockstep to some bogus ideology, whether they want to or not. You have everybody from the Chompskyites(the professional left) to the hard core zanies who want to ban meat. They also have the lion's share of the protectionist crowd, but not all. It's a gigantic pain in the ass, but actually the dems have it easy.

Republicans have a triple whammy to deal with. They have the religious nuts who would turn America into a theocracy in a heartbeat if they had the chance. They've already had a grip on the laws of the land, & now they're losing it, & they're really pissed about it. They have the fascists. The real ideological/economic fascists who believe in corporate control of government. They've kinda got the party by the balls right now. It could be a problem. Folks like to think they have some sayso. Then to top it off, they have the damn klan/nazis. They can fuck up a party image in a hurry. Gotta wonder if it ever occured to anyone that these assholes would come along with the "southern strategy". If it did, what does that say about cynicism at the top? Or maybe even ideology & attitudes toward other people? Regardless, the republican fanatics are the same as the democratic fanatics in that they'd have everybody walking in lockstep to some bogus ideology, whether they want to or not.

Both major parties are infested by crooks & liars. It's all about image. Nobody's looking too good nowadays, are they? We live in a "gotcha" society. As a party, if you let the fanatics become your mouthpiece, you become the party of those fanatics.

Not all republicans are homophobes. Everybody knows that. But the loudest homophobes, the ones in front of the cameras, are almost all republicans. Whatcha gonna do? The debate from the republican side is being framed by the nuts. Stupid & ignorant ones too, who don't have their facts straight & just make shit up as they go. The republicans have a real image problem. But as long as everybody's fed up with politics, & nobody shows up to vote, they'll keep winning.

Erika1487
03-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Erika, I don't understand how you or anyone here can support the GOP who thinks you are a sick, perverted, abomination of nature. And they think you are mentally ill and need special help. The GOP goes against everything this website and it's users stand for. I am not speaking about any one republican in particular, I am talking about what the party line itself has preached openly.

The democratic party says you should be allowed to be who you are now if that is what you want. They think you should be allowed to marry, and have all the rights of any citizen. You are a human being in their eyes and not a freak of nature like the GOP thinks you are.

I am not trying to be critical of your beliefs, I am rather just curious how you can be on the side that would reject you in a second if they knew the truth about you. And just for that reason.
Well I disagree strongly with your comments, but I will say that the Republican party is the party of "Family Values" and yet it does have room for gay and trans members. The idea is that Democats always hold a big carrot in front of the gay and trans commuinty and says; "follow me I will lead you to the promised land" and what do they really do? Give a SMALL percentage more than Republcans on aids research and community programs for gay and trans folk. For this they are seen as Angels and Republicans are the Devil.

Erika1487
03-19-2011, 05:50 PM
The only thing anybdy knows about any party anymore is the rhetoric, pro & con. Both the major parties have a constant battle on their hands trying to keep the negative rhetoric from becoming true. They're constantly fighting off the fanatics who would claim to speak for the party, whether they had anything to do with putting the platform together or not. Who in here has ever actually read a party platform? Of course not. We have talking heads all over the electronic media telling us what it says, pro & con. It's spun & twisted until even the authors are unsure what it says. So it just comes down to who's lies you want to believe.

As for the fanatics: They tend to infest any kind of organization even remotely leans in their direction. If the organization isn't vigilant, the group gets pegged as the fanatics because they end up doing all the talking.

Democrats have to fend off the crackpot commies in all their various manifestations, who want to destroy the market place & have everybody walking in lockstep to some bogus ideology, whether they want to or not. You have everybody from the Chompskyites(the professional left) to the hard core zanies who want to ban meat. They also have the lion's share of the protectionist crowd, but not all. It's a gigantic pain in the ass, but actually the dems have it easy.

Republicans have a triple whammy to deal with. They have the religious nuts who would turn America into a theocracy in a heartbeat if they had the chance. They've already had a grip on the laws of the land, & now they're losing it, & they're really pissed about it. They have the fascists. The real ideological/economic fascists who believe in corporate control of government. They've kinda got the party by the balls right now. It could be a problem. Folks like to think they have some sayso. Then to top it off, they have the damn klan/nazis. They can fuck up a party image in a hurry. Gotta wonder if it ever occured to anyone that these assholes would come along with the "southern strategy". If it did, what does that say about cynicism at the top? Or maybe even ideology & attitudes toward other people? Regardless, the republican fanatics are the same as the democratic fanatics in that they'd have everybody walking in lockstep to some bogus ideology, whether they want to or not.

Both major parties are infested by crooks & liars. It's all about image. Nobody's looking too good nowadays, are they? We live in a "gotcha" society. As a party, if you let the fanatics become your mouthpiece, you become the party of those fanatics.

Not all republicans are homophobes. Everybody knows that. But the loudest homophobes, the ones in front of the cameras, are almost all republicans. Whatcha gonna do? The debate from the republican side is being framed by the nuts. Stupid & ignorant ones too, who don't have their facts straight & just make shit up as they go. The republicans have a real image problem. But as long as everybody's fed up with politics, & nobody shows up to vote, they'll keep winning.
Yes I agree we will keep winning election after election! Why is that? Trust plain & simple! Among the middle class and upper middle class we rate VERY high on many issues. Jobs, Defense, Economy, 2nd Amendment,
Democats had some REAL issues with the midtem elections and will BE WIPED OUTa FLAT in the 2012 if they, Don't deliver on all of their "Promises" made in 08 general election. mainly "Jobs"

Silcc69
03-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes I agree we will keep winning election after election! Why is that? Trust plain & simple! Among the middle class and upper middle class we rate VERY high on many issues. Jobs, Defense, Economy, 2nd Amendment,
Democats had some REAL issues with the midtem elections and will BE WIPED OUTa FLAT in the 2012 if they, Don't deliver on all of their "Promises" made in 08 general election. mainly "Jobs"

Isn't that what the Republicans ran on in 2010 was jobs. All they seem to be interested in is repealing healthcare and Sharia Law. They aren't going to repeal healthcare unless they get a republican president in 2012. But anyways reveal your true identity to them and I would love too see if they would hold to the typical republican stereotypes or buck the trend and embrace you with open arms.

Stavros
03-19-2011, 11:51 PM
The only thing I would add is that party activists are usually more radical than their leadership and the voters -I used to be politically engaged here in the UK and I know from personal experience that there is a gulf between rank and file activists and voters, most of whom don't think about politics 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so I think maybe Republican voters are more relaxed about some aspects of sexuality than the loud-mouthed activists -not sure if GOP is 100% against abortion or gay rights -there are now several prominent gay Conservatives here in the UK and also in government, its not as issue of importance although I dont know how far the Tory grandes dames and grey men in suits would go if a TS wanted to be an MP...was it AIDS/HIV and Rock Hudson that broke the mould in the US in the 1980s?

onmyknees
03-20-2011, 05:53 AM

Erika....I found your post incredibly refreshing, and I applaud you for it, and also for what you do. You will see that people like Silcc and others on here who fancy themselves as being the anti republicans in terms of
tolerance and are in reality the least tolerant people I have ever encountered. They seem to be more understanding of radical Islam than Sarah Palin....just look at some of the posts on here !! They have a vision in their mind of the Republicans as being similar to the Westboro Baptist Church, a bunch of hateful fringe lunatics...and nothing you, or anyone can say will divorce them of their reality. They're comfortable there. They fail to realize that the Republicans have become a far more diverse party than the democrats. There essentially is no more moderate to conservative democrats...they don't exist. If you say you don't favor gays in the military...you're never given the opportunity to explain your thoughts (which most times have little to do with anti gay sentiment, and more with unit cohesion) before being immediately and permanently branded a homophobe. They fail to understand that yes, the republicans do have a strong evangelical component, but that's not what the Tea Party was all about, and that there is a healthy debate within the party regarding social issues. There is no such debate within the democratic party. You tow the liberal line or you're a racist, anti woman's rights homophobe. If you think that just maybe there's some inconsistency in social policy that allows a 14 year old to have an abortion without parental consent, but if she has a headache, the school nurse must call a parent before giving her an aspirin....if you question that...you're someone who wants to see women smashed back to medieval times and back alley abortions. These people we battle with politically are so closed minded to only the most liberal wing of their party. It's an orthodoxy . You watch how this budget debate shapes up. Watch the hysteria and the failure to have rational discussions on serious issues. They're going to break out the old ammunition....racist, children haters who gleefully want seniors to just die. I don't consider myself a Republican, but I'm glad you do...the party is better for you being in it.

The democrats have in my opinion come to depend on the minority vote which has not disappointed. 90-95% vote to support the liberals who in turn seem to keep them marginally satisfied with social programs, but still in poverty......but it's a deal with the devil IMO. It's a dance of interdependency that's gone on for generations, and where has it gotten them? Every major city that I'm aware of is under the yoke liberal politicians...and the result? White flight, failing schools, crumbling infastructure, stiffling taxes, job loss, corruption, crime, gangs, and astonishingly they keep the good times rolling and contine electing liberals. In the end......You get the government you deserve.

Ineeda SM
03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Well I disagree strongly with your comments, but I will say that the Republican party is the party of "Family Values" and yet it does have room for gay and trans members. The idea is that Democats always hold a big carrot in front of the gay and trans commuinty and says; "follow me I will lead you to the promised land" and what do they really do? Give a SMALL percentage more than Republcans on aids research and community programs for gay and trans folk. For this they are seen as Angels and Republicans are the Devil.

Erika...If what you say is true that the GOP has room for gay and trans members, then why don't you tell them about yourself and who you really are? I would bet big money that if you DID, you would be dumped and forgotten quickly.

It's not fair to say that the dems dangle a carrot in front of you and lead you in. They are not offering anyone the promised land. But they are more realistic to what represents this country. And that is a grand mix of races, religions, beliefs, ideas, poor and rich, and yes equality for genders. They would accept you as you are warmly and honestly open, in their party. The GOP can't say that. The GOP idea of this country is a very white, very christian, and very rich population. Marriage only between a man and a woman, a gun in every pocket, taking away freedoms like habeious corpus, and bargining rights for workers, illegal votes of bills without the dems participating.....etc..

The next time the parties hold their conventions, watch both of them and just look at the crowds. Don't watch the politicians, watch the people in the crowd. The republican convention is all white, older...the men are in $3K suits wearing Rolex's. The women are in their $5K to $10K designer gowns with perfectly done hairstyles that cost hundreds, and tons of sparkle from the diamonds dripping all over them. You might see 3 or 4 black people who are very rich and forgot that they are still black. In other words, it looks like a royal wedding reception.

The democratic convention has a mix of people that looks like the REAL America. Black, brown, white, red, yellow,.....Some are in suits, but most men and women are in jeans, teeshitrts, simple dresses and skirts, gay, straight, religious, atheist, even cross dressers and drag queens....all smiling and hugging each other...just having a good ole time. It looks like Anystreet in Anytown USA.

That's not a fluke, it's reality. And it looks that way because the dems are the only party that works for everyone no matter who you are, what you look like, or what accent you speak with. The GOP can not say that ever. They are for the rich and themselves only.

Walk throught the GOP convention and scream out "I am a man. I have a dick and tits." and watch what happens to you. It won't be pretty I promise you. But walk into the dem convention and say the same thing. You will probably get smiles and hugs, and maybe a senator slipping you his phone number. That is the reality of the 2 parties.

hippifried
03-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Oh, well silly me. I figured since you started the thread, that you'd actually keep the "honest thoughts" coming.

TRUST????????? How do you figure? There's no trust in party politics. Who do you think you're talkin' to? I didn't just get off the boat.

Both parties have done their part to run up the deficit, but the republican economic record is really dismal. Been going on since the '60s & '70s. Almost understandable at the beginning because we hadn't paid off Korea, & we landed in VietNam. Only to cut & run under a republican administration. Richard Nixon managed to debase the dollar, start the inflationary spiral that we're still caught in, & invent stagflation by executive fiat, without a single piece of legislation passed by Congress allowing him to do so, ending the 25 year post-war economic boom. Carter managed to cut the deficit by 2/3 in 4 years, despite the malaise he inherited. It went flying totally out of control during the Reagan policies, & we didn't even get into any wars. (Grenada doesn't count & we tail-assed out of Beirut) It kept going up under Bush 41, but he was stuck cleaning up the mess in the aftermath of the 6 years prior. Flash crash in the stock market, bursting housing bubble, mortgage crisis, bank panic, collapse of the S&L industry... Sound familiar? For anybody who was around & paying attention at the end of the '80s, this last couple of years has been deja vu. Clinton started a decrease in in the upward spiral, & still managed to maintain his budget after the republicans took control of Congress in '95. By 2000, the deficit was whipped on paper, As soon as he wasn't there to keep the republicans in check, the deficit went up again. Bush 43 had a republican Congress for his first 6 years. What happened? Deficit spending took off like a rocket, & we don't have a single thing to show for it. The economy started tanking in 2005. That's why the democrats won Congress back in '06. First order of business in '07 was stimulous in the form of a tax rebate. That probably had as much as anything to do with stalling the crash for another year. So, umm... Tell me again why I should trust the republicans?

Honestly? For the life of me, I can't figure out how republicans ever got a reputation for defending America. From what? What have they ever done, other than hand the defense contractors a blank check? What? When? Huh? It's all hyperbolic myth.

What '08 promises weren't kept? C'mon, don't be vague. What was actually promised other than starting a national healthcare system & putting a rein on Wall Street & the banks? Done & done. I'll admit that not letting the Bush tax cuts sunset was a failure to keep a promise. Oops. Are the republicans gonna bitch about that? Middle class taxes are lower. Federal anyway. The stimulous spending is going on as we speak. Everybody was told from the outset that it was going to take about 2 years to see an effect. So, what did the republicans promise again?

Well, y'all had a real good year last year. Big win. So now what? 1st quarter's almost over. What's been accomplished? Let's see... At the federal level, there's... Uh... Oh yeah, a continuing resolution & a bunch of self-righteous social nonsense that's never going to get further than the House. Where's those jobs? Got "Obamacare" repealed yet? In the States, all I'm seeing is higher deficits & strife wherever republicans have full control. What's the plan? Got one? Gonna cut away the debt? Pfffffft! We both know there isn't enough discretionary spending to do that, & you're not going to be able to get rid of Social Security & Medicare like you've been trying to do since their inceptions. So What's left? Oh yeah, revenue. Whatcha gonna do, add a sales tax? Maybe a VAT? I figure there's a 50/50 chance of a complete reversal of last November in 2012 because y'all don't know what you're doing & you can't blame it on anyone else when you claim to be in charge.

Trust, huh? Yeah right.

Silcc69
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
IDK wth onmyknees is rambling on about we are talknig about the republican party from a trans POV nothing mroe and nothing less. I like alot of other's would be curious to see how they would feel about her if she indeed revealed her true identity.

onmyknees
03-20-2011, 02:51 PM
IDK wth onmyknees is rambling on about we are talknig about the republican party from a trans POV nothing mroe and nothing less. I like alot of other's would be curious to see how they would feel about her if she indeed revealed her true identity.

speaking of her revealing her identy.........didn't you tell someone that was you in your avatar? LMAO

You never really address anything of substance anyone says who disagrees with you. You just reach for the typical left wing metaphors like..."oh yea...well what about this......"

you're not curious about how these folks would react....you're hopeful. Hopeful they react with disdain so you can feel good about all your twisted preconceived , made for televison news ideas about republicans.

OK Einstien....riddle me this.....

Ericka decides to reveal herself at a meeting of largely democratic public employee thugs out in Wisconsin. She going to tell them she's a republican and a Transsexual. How do ya think that's going to go????????????

You're a perfect candidate for a re-education camp Silcc ! :loser: LMAO

trish
03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Ericka decides to reveal herself at a meeting of largely democratic public employee thugs out in Wisconsin. She going to tell them she's a republican and a Transsexual. How do ya think that's going to go???????????? Thugs? Really? And you envision yourself as the enlightened one! I'll tell you how she'll be received...with open arms. Of course those imagined democratic, public employee thugs will question her choice of party, ask questions and offer arguments...just like here.

Welcome to the HA-boards Erika.

Silcc69
03-20-2011, 04:54 PM
speaking of her revealing her identy.........didn't you tell someone that was you in your avatar? LMAO

You never really address anything of substance anyone says who disagrees with you. You just reach for the typical left wing metaphors like..."oh yea...well what about this......"

you're not curious about how these folks would react....you're hopeful. Hopeful they react with disdain so you can feel good about all your twisted preconceived , made for televison news ideas about republicans.

OK Einstien....riddle me this.....

Ericka decides to reveal herself at a meeting of largely democratic public employee thugs out in Wisconsin. She going to tell them she's a republican and a Transsexual. How do ya think that's going to go????????????

You're a perfect candidate for a re-education camp Silcc ! :loser: LMAO

Your're a funny dude onmyknees. Do I really have to quote myself on this one lol

But anyways reveal your true identity to them and I would love too see if they would hold to the typical republican stereotypes or buck the trend and embrace you with open arms.

Do you think they have the balls to defy the Christian Right? I'd love to see the Republican's run a more secular party but of course that will never happen.

Erika1487
03-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Erika....I found your post incredibly refreshing, and I applaud you for it, and also for what you do. You will see that people like Silcc and others on here who fancy themselves as being the anti republicans in terms of
tolerance and are in reality the least tolerant people I have ever encountered. They seem to be more understanding of radical Islam than Sarah Palin....just look at some of the posts on here !! They have a vision in their mind of the Republicans as being similar to the Westboro Baptist Church, a bunch of hateful fringe lunatics...and nothing you, or anyone can say will divorce them of their reality. They're comfortable there. They fail to realize that the Republicans have become a far more diverse party than the democrats. There essentially is no more moderate to conservative democrats...they don't exist. If you say you don't favor gays in the military...you're never given the opportunity to explain your thoughts (which most times have little to do with anti gay sentiment, and more with unit cohesion) before being immediately and permanently branded a homophobe. They fail to understand that yes, the republicans do have a strong evangelical component, but that's not what the Tea Party was all about, and that there is a healthy debate within the party regarding social issues. There is no such debate within the democratic party. You tow the liberal line or you're a racist, anti woman's rights homophobe. If you think that just maybe there's some inconsistency in social policy that allows a 14 year old to have an abortion without parental consent, but if she has a headache, the school nurse must call a parent before giving her an aspirin....if you question that...you're someone who wants to see women smashed back to medieval times and back alley abortions. These people we battle with politically are so closed minded to only the most liberal wing of their party. It's an orthodoxy . You watch how this budget debate shapes up. Watch the hysteria and the failure to have rational discussions on serious issues. They're going to break out the old ammunition....racist, children haters who gleefully want seniors to just die. I don't consider myself a Republican, but I'm glad you do...the party is better for you being in it.

The democrats have in my opinion come to depend on the minority vote which has not disappointed. 90-95% vote to support the liberals who in turn seem to keep them marginally satisfied with social programs, but still in poverty......but it's a deal with the devil IMO. It's a dance of interdependency that's gone on for generations, and where has it gotten them? Every major city that I'm aware of is under the yoke liberal politicians...and the result? White flight, failing schools, crumbling infastructure, stiffling taxes, job loss, corruption, crime, gangs, and astonishingly they keep the good times rolling and contine electing liberals. In the end......You get the government you deserve.

Hello onmyknees and thank you. I am slow in returning messages today just had our Lincoln Day Dinner last night and was sending thank you notes:)
Yes I do belive that the dems are really too far in the forest to see the treees on most issues! I find that the office holders I work with are kind and knowledgeable not just on Base issues, but real issues that will have great impact on the gay & Trans communites all across my state, including, JOBS, Job training, making insurance more affordable. If the LGTB community wants jobs, housing, and health insurance than than you need to vote Republican. If you want social strife, unemployment, and a complete welfare state than they should vote democrat. Which sadly the LGTB community does at 90% of the time:(

Erika1487
03-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Hello indeeda Sm

Yes I understand where your coming from, but where I live the Republicans are mostly older folks who certianly don't wear "bling" and they do represent black, white, asian, and all sorts of colors and creeds just like the dems! Oh and by the way saying "I am a man. I have a dick and tits" at ANY convention is probably a bad idea!

Erika1487
03-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Hello Trish and Thank you

Umm I don't think I will be going to madison Wi anytime soon lol

Erika1487
03-20-2011, 11:18 PM
One of the biggist reasons I do not come "out of the closet" is the exact reason how "hippifried" responded to my post. You see it's not so much of what my party thinks of me, beacuse again I am well respected in my own party, but it's how democrats would "with out question or pity try to destroy my personal life and family". I have seen it WAAAYYYY to many times to know it to be the truth.
Look at it this way....in the last seven years that I have been in therapy I have yet to go to a single Trans support group, because I felt i might get exposed! For christ sake I am on day 103 hrt and have yet to meet more than 3 trans folk in the same room at once!
That fear is slowly washing away, and in my own way I do want to be exposed just so I can go on living my life as Erika and not try to hide it anymore. I keep my tgflix, hungdevils, and youtube & ashemale tube acc's open is so it is easy to find me!
(That is the REAL reason I sent the message to Seancci on tgflix)
Read his post here
http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=54363&page=3

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to come out on my own, but the truth is I Really don't know how given my circumstance :(

Silcc69
03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Well I will gracefully bow out of this one..

Ineeda SM
03-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Hello indeeda Sm

Yes I understand where your coming from, but where I live the Republicans are mostly older folks who certianly don't wear "bling" and they do represent black, white, asian, and all sorts of colors and creeds just like the dems! Oh and by the way saying "I am a man. I have a dick and tits" at ANY convention is probably a bad idea!

LOL. You could at a democratic convention. Transgenders have openly appeared at their conventions and were openly welcomed on several occasions.

You see it's not so much of what my party thinks of me, beacuse again I am well respected in my own party,....

That's only because they don't know the real you. Tell them who you really are are watch the respect grow wings and fly away. They respect the pretty woman who supports them. They don't respect YOU. They respect the lie you act out for them.

....but it's how democrats would "with out question or pity try to destroy my personal life and family".

I don't get that one. Why would they try to destroy your personal life and family? Every gay or TG I have ever known have been democrats and nobody from the democratic party ever tried to destroy them. In fact, they were welcomed warmly and treated like any other person. Your GOP party is the one that very openly speaks out against anyone or any lifestyle that is not straight (or NORMAL as they call it). They say that your kind are sick perverted and mentally ill, not normal and needs help. So who is it again that is trying to destroy your way of life?

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to come out on my own, but the truth is I Really don't know how given my circumstance.

Erika, be proud of who you are, hun. If you are afraid to come out to those you support because of what they will think of you, then maybe you are supporting the wrong people.

PS. Welcome Erika to the site. You are among friends here.

trish
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
There are other reasons (somewhat positive reasons) for not "coming out." Most of us want to pass in ordinary society for the women we really are. I prefer to be the woman who lives down the block or works in the office up the hall, or the girl who takes the 7:15 bus every other day, rather then that transgendered "woman" who looks incredibly like a real girl. I want to be who I am and have others see me that way. Outside of these forums and my circle of trusted friends and family I want to be just the girl next door. I don't want to be an example in the battle for the political recognition of transgender rights. Some woman do, and I respect them. But my guess is that most of us just want to lead normal lives, and I respect that too.

onmyknees
03-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Oh, well silly me. I figured since you started the thread, that you'd actually keep the "honest thoughts" coming.

TRUST????????? How do you figure? There's no trust in party politics. Who do you think you're talkin' to? I didn't just get off the boat.

Both parties have done their part to run up the deficit, but the republican economic record is really dismal. Been going on since the '60s & '70s. Almost understandable at the beginning because we hadn't paid off Korea, & we landed in VietNam. Only to cut & run under a republican administration. Richard Nixon managed to debase the dollar, start the inflationary spiral that we're still caught in, & invent stagflation by executive fiat, without a single piece of legislation passed by Congress allowing him to do so, ending the 25 year post-war economic boom. Carter managed to cut the deficit by 2/3 in 4 years, despite the malaise he inherited. It went flying totally out of control during the Reagan policies, & we didn't even get into any wars. (Grenada doesn't count & we tail-assed out of Beirut) It kept going up under Bush 41, but he was stuck cleaning up the mess in the aftermath of the 6 years prior. Flash crash in the stock market, bursting housing bubble, mortgage crisis, bank panic, collapse of the S&L industry... Sound familiar? For anybody who was around & paying attention at the end of the '80s, this last couple of years has been deja vu. Clinton started a decrease in in the upward spiral, & still managed to maintain his budget after the republicans took control of Congress in '95. By 2000, the deficit was whipped on paper, As soon as he wasn't there to keep the republicans in check, the deficit went up again. Bush 43 had a republican Congress for his first 6 years. What happened? Deficit spending took off like a rocket, & we don't have a single thing to show for it. The economy started tanking in 2005. That's why the democrats won Congress back in '06. First order of business in '07 was stimulous in the form of a tax rebate. That probably had as much as anything to do with stalling the crash for another year. So, umm... Tell me again why I should trust the republicans?

Honestly? For the life of me, I can't figure out how republicans ever got a reputation for defending America. From what? What have they ever done, other than hand the defense contractors a blank check? What? When? Huh? It's all hyperbolic myth.

What '08 promises weren't kept? C'mon, don't be vague. What was actually promised other than starting a national healthcare system & putting a rein on Wall Street & the banks? Done & done. I'll admit that not letting the Bush tax cuts sunset was a failure to keep a promise. Oops. Are the republicans gonna bitch about that? Middle class taxes are lower. Federal anyway. The stimulous spending is going on as we speak. Everybody was told from the outset that it was going to take about 2 years to see an effect. So, what did the republicans promise again?

Well, y'all had a real good year last year. Big win. So now what? 1st quarter's almost over. What's been accomplished? Let's see... At the federal level, there's... Uh... Oh yeah, a continuing resolution & a bunch of self-righteous social nonsense that's never going to get further than the House. Where's those jobs? Got "Obamacare" repealed yet? In the States, all I'm seeing is higher deficits & strife wherever republicans have full control. What's the plan? Got one? Gonna cut away the debt? Pfffffft! We both know there isn't enough discretionary spending to do that, & you're not going to be able to get rid of Social Security & Medicare like you've been trying to do since their inceptions. So What's left? Oh yeah, revenue. Whatcha gonna do, add a sales tax? Maybe a VAT? I figure there's a 50/50 chance of a complete reversal of last November in 2012 because y'all don't know what you're doing & you can't blame it on anyone else when you claim to be in charge.

Trust, huh? Yeah right.

Man you have such a warped sence of recent history, it's amazing. So....let's take just one of your misinformed opinions...

You talk up Clinton as this huge deficit hawk. That's a little more than disingenuous. Clinton was above all else a brilliant politician. Do you think he would have ever uttered these words "The Era of Big Government is Over" without the contract with America or Misters Gingrich and Kacish and a Republican controlled House????? You take the current Congress to task for not getting much done, yet give the Gingrich Congress no mention for their work on the balanced budget when they were the driving force. That's typical liberal double speak. According to you, In one case it was the President responsible for cutting spending, ( Clinton) in the current case it's the Republican Congress that hasn't delivered !! You can't have it both ways !! LMAO

And let's get real about the current deficit...as loose with the purse strings as Bush was....there is no one who would not trade the Bush deficits Obama's. Period. You can wash the numbers through any liberal think tank you wish, but that's the reality. If we had the Bush deficit now, it would be happy days are here again...It's increased exponentially the past 2 years. Read the CBO reports. There are certain undeniable facts, and that's one.

And here's all you need to know about Pelosi and last year's Democratic Congress. The current Congress is still trying to resolve the budget they failed to pass last year. Maybe if they weren't burdened with that mess, they might be able to concentrate on thier own budget. Ya think??? Enough said. Dereliction of duty. Democrat Fail.

yodajazz
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM

Perhaps most Republican leaders are not homophobic on a personal level. But on a strategic level, being against gays and gay marriage, has been a deliberate strategy, to court religious voters, in my state of Ohio. And also it seems to be in the overall positioning, of claiming that Democrats are 'weird', for special interest groups, and out of touch with the values of "mainstream" America. Republican supporters, have used the argument that gays want special priviledges, whe the reality is they do not want special discrimination. Gay marriage was used as a wedge issue to bring out conservative voters, here in 2002, and again in 2004. I still believe that the California Proposition 8, I believe, was an attemp to keep the gay marriage issue, alive as a wedge issue on the national level. It was only because of the economic collapse, that prevented gay marriage from being a bigger factor.

Also in general I see Republicans as using fear, as a tactic. It seems to me that the more people are afraid, of others, the more likely they will vote Republican. I believe one study/article that noted that having negative views of humanity, is a strong indicator of holding conservative political views. Those that see people, in general as having good motives, or believing that most people have similar wants and needs, is an indicator of liberal political views. I do understand, that being out of power, Republicans benefit the most from anger and negativity. However, once they get back in power, fear of other people will continue to serve, their goals.

I dont see Republicans embracing trans or gays, as a policy, anytime soon. In fact I think they benefit from viewing classes of people, negatively, in general; except the wealthy.

I see Democratic strategy as promoting being inclusive. The major issue I see with Democrats, is that big money controls them as well as Republicans.

Ineeda SM
03-23-2011, 08:58 AM
There are other reasons (somewhat positive reasons) for not "coming out." Most of us want to pass in ordinary society for the women we really are. I prefer to be the woman who lives down the block or works in the office up the hall, or the girl who takes the 7:15 bus every other day, rather then that transgendered "woman" who looks incredibly like a real girl. I want to be who I am and have others see me that way. Outside of these forums and my circle of trusted friends and family I want to be just the girl next door. I don't want to be an example in the battle for the political recognition of transgender rights. Some woman do, and I respect them. But my guess is that most of us just want to lead normal lives, and I respect that too.

Trish, I don't want to be misunderstood. I agree with you that there are many good reasons not to come out. I am not saying that Erika should actually walk out in the republican convention and announce who she is. I am saying that if she did, she would be treated very badly and her life with the republican party would be over instantly.

Erika says that the republican party likes and respects her. The truth is, they don't even know her. They like and respect the false image she portrays for them, but not her. I can understand keeping the secret from certain people or employers who may judge her wrongly for all the wrong reasons. But her working for the GOP under a false identity is like a black man in white face working for the KKK. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the idea of working and supporting the very same organization that thinks your kind are sick perveted mentally ill individuals, as their open policy on homosexuality.

OK I'm done on the subject. Good luck Erika.

Erika1487
03-27-2011, 04:09 AM
Well I thank you all for your comments

If you would like to contact me for more info about who I am
My cell service sucks in my part of the country ,but I will get back with you.

my cell 740-339-3373
Sincerely
Erika