PDA

View Full Version : Good Workout Regimen

stillies77
02-21-2011, 06:53 AM
I am looking to get somewhat shredded for the summer and beyond and was wondering what kinds of workout regimens you guys use and what kinds of supplements you can recommend...any help is appreciated as always.

Helvis2012
02-21-2011, 07:05 AM
12 oz. curls.....

stillies77
02-21-2011, 07:10 AM
I mean like reps cardio the whole nine...I have been following a regimen but I wanna see some other options.

Helvis2012
02-21-2011, 07:13 AM
push ups and sit ups are all I do.

cheez
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
If you want to get shredded, it's all about fat burn. This takes a combo of muscle training and cardio.
When I'm trying to get lean, I stay away from max lifts, like three hundred lb bench presses (which are cool, but usually just leave you looking bulbous, not cut)- I go balls out with combo moves- pushups with a leap frog into pullups, sumo squats with a barbell curl, anything that makes me use more muscle groups at one time.
Long workouts are key for me, hour of weight training with thirty mins of cardio. You may want to add hand weights during cardio as well as cycling in some tabata workouts (that's where you go superfast, slow down, let your heart rate drop then go full speed again and repeat until you are totally gassed).
Most important is food control. None of this matters if you don't eat right. You could do the most awesome workout, burn eight hundred calories or more and then go have a mocha latte and a subway footlong and throw all that hard work away.
Here's an eye opener I use on most people- it takes about 2800-3000 calories to run a marathon- you can eat that in two medium sized McDonald's meals...
If you don't want to practice food (and booze) control and you won't keep track of calorie consumption, then good luck to you because it's very rare that you get cut without a great knowledge of what you're putting in your body.

BLKGSXR
02-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Luckily I work in a warehouse and get a good 60+ hours a week now...that said we lift heavy shit all day and night.

bassman2546
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
What cheez said. Forget about the supplements and just eat right and and burn off more than you take in by a combination of circuit weights and cardio. It's not rocket science but the industry wants you to think it is so you spend billions on useless products.

lisaparadise
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
I mean like reps cardio the whole nine...I have been following a regimen but I wanna see some other options.the absolute best way to get in shape is running up and down stairs,when i wanna lose 10 pounds in 3 or 4 days it works every time and when your watching tv do 50 sit ups during each commercial and ya fucking alot sure helps lol.works for me.

FreddieGomez
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
no mcdonald's, no soda, no sugar.....

CORVETTEDUDE
02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Pull up the SEAL Team workout on the web. That WILL get you in shape OR, kill ya!!!

95racer
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
I just moved 8 inches of fuck'in snow out of my drive and two senior neighbors.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!!! (Thanks for letting me vent)

gamma aries
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
crossfit + zone diet is recommended by many.

CaliBoy951
02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I have said it before, but if you really want to get in the best shape start doing Crossfit. It is tough, but I can assure you that you will get in the best shape of your life in no time.
The main site is crossfit.com and the great thing about Crossfit is that you can get the WOD (workout of the day) off the site and with a few pieces of equipment you can do the workout at no cost.
Be careful, with Crossfit you can actually lean out to much, to fast. In my case I got Rhabdomyolysis from doing to much and not allowing my body enough time to recover.

My 2cents!

stillies77
02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I looked into the Crossfit workout saw it in Vegas...looks nuts with the Rings and the Kettles but it looks like it works for sure.

zookeeper
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Check out www.bodyforlife.com (http://www.bodyforlife.com) - it's got a lot of really good resources for workout programs and eating plans.

bassman2546
02-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I looked into the Crossfit workout saw it in Vegas...looks nuts with the Rings and the Kettles but it looks like it works for sure.

A lot of things work. The key is finding an effective workout that interests you and motivates you.

FreddieGomez
02-22-2011, 01:31 AM
take it from me...i dont eat any fried foods, i dont drink soda, no sugar...only drink water...and i do strength training 3x a week...plus i'm always active anyway, i'm up and on my feet 99% of the time at my job....and genetics too....i'm just lucky to look good and have a nice body i guess

SunshyneMonroe
02-22-2011, 01:33 AM
take it from me...i dont eat any fried foods, i dont drink soda, no sugar...only drink water...and i do strength training 3x a week...plus i'm always active anyway, i'm up and on my feet 99% of the time at my job....and genetics too....i'm just lucky to look good and have a nice body i guess

so no fried chicken? :)

FreddieGomez
02-22-2011, 01:35 AM

of course, but i only go to kfc once every 2 months :dancing:

Jackal
02-22-2011, 01:39 AM
any good exercises that do not strain the back very much (or not at all)?

tommymageeshemales2
02-22-2011, 02:15 AM
Get a sauna suit and an exercise bike. Get that sickly drawn in look that's passable as "shredded" by sweating out water weight. Don't worry if you feel tightening across your chest, your energy levels are low and your body craves electrolytes, if you want to look good at the beach and later in your wifebeater, those effects (side effects to be precise) are a small price to pay.

MY 2cents.

hwbs
02-22-2011, 03:29 AM
i have been doing that p90x every day and running like 6 miles a day 4 to 5 times a week.....i have been a little under the weather last couple weeks but i have lost like 14 pounds in the 3 plus weeks of doing p90x ....i normally trained b4 doing it but that shit really kicked my ass in the beginning ...esp the plyometrics....but i used to do that stuff years ago and now is much easier that i got some muscle memory back of doing those moves...to me i really don't care about the beach ...i usually workout all year round but sometimes get stuck in a routine and stop seeing the results ...

bellamy
02-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Absolutly P90X is great. It takes a lot of dedication to stiking with the workouts and the diet but if you truly do it you'll be amazed how much and how quickly the change comes

Jackal
02-22-2011, 06:19 AM

god damn, you are super fine!!!

blckhaze
02-22-2011, 06:39 AM
p90x is versatile but VERY effective.
if ur tryign to add muscle use weights, if u just want muscle cuts use bands.
Either way, diet is 75%. rule of thumb, if you cant pronounce it, its prolly not great to eat.

Carissa00031
02-22-2011, 06:41 AM
I play basketball at the gym on base & that is my cardio workout....it has helped me to stay in shape & build up endurance so I don't tire out easily....I am going to be 46 in 2 months & it has paid off for me....take care....

Caff_Racer
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
I do a lot of road cycling, when I have the choice between using stairs or using a lift (elevator to you lot), I use the stairs, I take my dog for long walks (walking at a sustained brisk pace is just as effective as running) and I'm thinking of taking up rowing (might be a bit late at 40 though...) to start working on the abs, although I don't want a six-pack, just a reasonably firm midsection. Apart from that, having a balanced diet and avoiding industrial junk food is essential.

cheez
02-22-2011, 04:14 PM
My two cents as a personal trainer and fitness professional for about twelve years now on crossfit and P90X...
1) Crossfit is intense and has a been a source of injury for people who cant master some of the more difficult movements. Also if you taught it in a health club the instructor would need a separate certification for rings, kettlebells, Olympic lifts, etc.- I don't know that every crossfit center has someone who has learned these disciplines (maybe- I don't know). Also keep in mind, crossfit is designed as more of a challenge and not a body sculpting form of exercise. I might agree it is more intense and effective at weight loss than regular health club exercises, but the movements don't target individual muscle groups for the aesthetics the way health clubs do.
It may trim you down, but I don't know that you're going to have the look of a lean muscular weight trainer (for example say Brad Pitt in Fight Club) that it appears you want to obtain.

2) P90X is simply an intense everyday workout, at home, alone. If you can commit to six days a week of intense weight training and cardio movements, you don't need to buy the program. Plus the DVDs aren't cheap and you have to buy a decent amount of equipment (they suggest you buy a heart monitor, weights, a pull-up bar, etc. in addition to the DVD set). Also, part of what makes the gym so enjoyable for me is to have some pretty girls around. I don't work as well in solitude. If you do work well alone and need the instruction, then it might be a good idea.

Infern0
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
I box as an amateur at european level, so i have to be near my target weight 365, and able to cut 10+ pounds in a couple of days.

my advice is to experiment and find what works for you, i used to lift a lot of weights and do running too, but then i realised i could cut my weight work to literally 2 hours a week with no muscle wastage.

now i do 1-1.5 hours per day of roadwork (vary between long runs, or 1/2 hour of hill sprints and half hour long runs)

whatever weights i can be bothered to do, and another cardio activity such as jump rope.

i do that and eat a clean diet, and i stay on 180lbs, i can drop 5 lbs quite easy to box at 175.

id say its 50% diet tbh

ucflyeah
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Monday - half hour on Eliptical (on level 10), stretch, 25 situps, curls
Tuesday - one hour bikeride (or stationary), calves, thighs, hamstrings
Wednesday - two hours of racquetball
Thursday - half hour on Stairmaster, stretch, 25 situps, shoulders, back
Friday - one hour Basketball (even if it's just you shooting hoops)
Saturday - one hour hike or racquetball or tennis, 25 pushups
Sunday - rest

aprilian
02-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Couple of years ago when I was doing a lot of SportBike riding and track days I decided I needed to up my physical conditioning. I bought myself a used Bowflex and made a routine based on all the sore muscles I got from a good ride. I had great success with it. That machine is easy to use and will fit in a ok size room. Saves money on gym memberships and is always ready when you are. Plus once you're done with it you can hang clothes on it! :-)

dlbi22
02-22-2011, 11:53 PM
p90x...no carbs

underdawg
02-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Just follow Natalia Coxxx around the gym. She's in great shape!