PDA

View Full Version : best new movie out right now?

MdR Dave
02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't watch TV so I don't see any ads to catch my interest- any recommendations for a good movie that's playing right now?

DVD is out- I got rid of the flat screen three years ago- and I've recently seen Black Swan (Portman fan, and after seeing Mila Kunis wipe her chin so realistically I might be a fan of hers as well!)

I'd love to hear your suggestions- thanks.

stillies77
02-20-2011, 09:59 PM
There really isnt shit out except for that Liam Neeson movie Unknown...everything else looks like shit.

rockabilly
02-20-2011, 10:03 PM
"Drive Angry" ... I still have no clue what the plot is but it was "shot in 3D!" ... and has Nick Cage driving angry.

MdR Dave
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
There really isnt shit out except for that Liam Neeson movie Unknown...everything else looks like shit.

I'm gonna go with that- you were dead on with "Black Swan" -- though I love Natalie I was going to skip it simply because of the subject matter. Glad I read your review.

MdR Dave
02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
"Drive Angry" ... I still have no clue what the plot is but it was "shot in 3D!" ... and has Nick Cage driving angry.

I'll have to look into that one- liked him driving crazy in that one about the psychotic EMT, though the only thing I liked about him driving "stolen" in "Gone in 60 Seconds" was Angelina Jolie. He's a mixed bag for me, but mainly I think his eyebrows are creepy!

rockabilly
02-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Nick Cage films are either hit or miss.

Richctdude
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah he need the money so he takes anything!!

rockabilly
02-20-2011, 10:59 PM
IDK ... he dropped out of "The Green Hornet" , he was good in "Kick Ass". :shrug

"The Wicker Man" remake sucked but "Bad Lieutent" was decent.

Hit or Miss

william.howl
02-20-2011, 11:11 PM
I found The Green Hornet to be very funny. The King's Speech is also very good.

south ov da border
02-21-2011, 12:14 AM
saw it, decent flick...

MrsKellyPierce
02-21-2011, 12:18 AM
There's lots of good movies and shows on Project Free Tv....new movies and tv shows

Dino Velvet
02-21-2011, 12:27 AM
I love TV. Southland, Justified, and Criminal Minds are all great shows. If you have DirecTV, I believe Channel 101 is playing re-runs of HBO Original Series' and they just picked up Damages(Glenn Close).

The last movie I saw in the theater was True Grit. If I were to pick something to see now it would be that Liam Neeson movie, Unknown. I'll never get sucked into seeing another Nick Cage movie although Bad Lieutenant was good.

rockabilly
02-21-2011, 12:40 AM
I'll never get sucked into seeing another Nick Cage movie although Bad Lieutenant was good.

But you'll miss his performance as Fu Manchu.

http://chud.com/nextraimages/Grindhouse-Fu.jpg

"8mm" was a good Cage film.

Dino Velvet
02-21-2011, 12:47 AM
But you'll miss his performance as Fu Manchu.

http://chud.com/nextraimages/Grindhouse-Fu.jpg

"8mm" was a good Cage film.

Oh, fuck no! He's playing Fu Manchu? Never heard of 8MM.

rockabilly
02-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Oh, fuck no! He's playing Fu Manchu? Never heard of 8MM.

Well he played Fu Manchu in Rob Zombie's Grindhouse fake trailer "Werewolf Women of the SS" ... and Rob had shot about 35 minutes of content to do the trailer. So he might flesh it out one day ... since he's not doing Halloween 3.

And rent "8mm" it's good.