PDA

View Full Version : I Just Picked This Huge Scab Off My Big, Dumb Head

Dino Velvet
02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Fell down the stairs the other night taking out the trash. Luckily, I broke the fall with my head so no harm done. It did bust me wide open though as I was the Ric Flair Proverbial Crimson Mask. I fixed myself up with some McDonald's napkins, duct tape, and some Krazy Glue.

Fast-forward a few days and I'm here now getting stoned watching some tube. I was picking around with my fingers and thought it might be fun to inspect my wound. I unraveled the duct tape and removed the McDonald's napkins. I felt around and everything appeared to be crispy and ripe for pickin'. I chose one corner and started picking away. I peeled some back and was making good progress until I hit a raw, tender spot. I was already heavily committed but now didn't know what I should do. I gave the other side a try but everything was fused tightly. Fuck, what now, right? I got up and walked into the kitchen retrieving a pair of pliers in one hand and a bottle of whiskey with the other.

Back seated in the chair I take a small sip of the whiskey and wonder if I'll back out. I calmly sit and think. Finally I grab the pliers, take a large swig out of the bottle, snuggly fasten the pliers to the scab flap, and I quickly pull. It hurt pretty good and started to throb but all in all it came off fairly clean.

The scab is sitting here in front of my as I write this. It's a fine piece of jerky. I may cut it up and give it to the cat as a treat tomorrow. He's always such a good little boy.