PDA

View Full Version : Feed Someone on Christmas

Gus The Dagger
12-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Are you going to feed someone on christmas? Because I am.

tubgirl
12-11-2005, 02:34 AM
i feed needy families for thanksgiving and christmas through my parents church

Gus The Dagger
12-11-2005, 02:49 AM
i feed needy families for thanksgiving and christmas through my parents church

It is very nice to hear that I am not the only one that will feed someone.

chefmike
12-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Aren't you the same asshole who said that you thought it was funny when "the bum" got ran over by a car in the SF cop video? Yes, you are. What, are you lookin for a pat on the back, asshole?

It's common knowledge that if you don't care to volunteer in person, you can donate to your local food bank.

Are you going to feed a "bum" like the one you found so comical?

Everyone, please...a round of applause for this saintly person...

Gus The Dagger
12-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Aren't you the same asshole who said that you thought it was funny when "the bum" got ran over by a car in the SF cop video? Yes, you are. What, are you lookin for a pat on the back, asshole?

It's common knowledge that if you don't care to volunteer in person, you can donate to your local food bank.

I just thought it was real fun.

Caleigh
12-11-2005, 09:50 PM
bump

SexxxyJade
12-11-2005, 11:07 PM
There are alot of girls here in ATL who work the streets and live in hotels, some who are quite dear to me. Even tho I will be in my hometown with my family for christmas, Im going to cook a big Christmas dinner, and invite the girls over probably on the 23rd, and let them stay in my home for a few days. No one deserves to be alone on Christmas, and especially in a hotel. I love these girls just like my own daughters/sisters, so even if I dont get any gifts this Christmas, it makes me feel good that I'm making the holidays better for some one else.
I come from a very loving family and we are real big on Holidays, for Thanksgiving mom even let me bring one of the girls home to eat dinner with the family. To ask to bring a whole squad on Christmas may be pushing it a little :lol: Hence I have to slave in the kitchen all day preparing dinner, but I dont mind, I love domestics, makes me feel like a woman :wink: While im home with the family the girls will be here in my house singing Christmas carols or somehing...keep your fingers crossed and lets hope no one invites thier boyfriends over to play while Jade is away ( girls only) :? :wink:

kisses

tubgirl
12-12-2005, 01:05 AM

at first i was confused, thought you were talking to me...

on a side note: just found out my neighbor across the street doesn't have money for food during the holidays, so he will be getting an early gift

chefmike
12-12-2005, 01:18 AM

on a side note: just found out my neighbor across the street doesn't have money for food during the holidays, so he will be getting an early gift

That kind of kindness is one of the things that make this time of year special, even for agnostics who lean toward Eastern religions like myself...

No, I was referring to his stupid remarks on the SF police video thread, about how funny it was when "the bum" got ran over in the video.

tubgirl
12-12-2005, 03:22 AM

That kind of kindness is one of the things that make this time of year special, even for agnostics who lean toward Eastern religions like myself...

No, I was referring to his stupid remarks on the SF police video thread, about how funny it was when "the bum" got ran over in the video.

agnostic here also. not sure what to believe in, but when i get pushed from one side i usually lean towards the other. anyway... i make sure i give money or food to people often during the year, and especially at the holidays. whether one practises a religion or not, they should not go hungry if they are trying...

GrimFusion
12-12-2005, 04:08 AM
I wish I didn't have to celebrate Christmas, as I'm an Atheist, but my whole family (both sides) celbrate it, so I'm obvioulsy expected to show up at the family get-togethers.

Personally, I think Christmas is a trite, spiteful, and selfish holiday. I don't see the point of helping feed poor people on Christmas if you're unwilling to do it any other time of the year. Must make you people feel really good about yourselves, though, knowing that once a year you try to make yourselves look better than your fellow man by giving hand-outs to the less fortunate.

chefmike
12-12-2005, 04:13 AM
I never said anything about helping out once a year...at least this time of year the people who never think about it otherwise help the less fortunate. They need it, whatever the reason. I didn't start this thread, nor am I asking for a pat on the back.

tubgirl
12-12-2005, 04:23 AM
dittos on what chef said...

i don't do it to make myself feel better, i do it to help out. plus, i do it year 'round...