PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Richard Pryor

chefmike
12-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Richard Pryor died today at the age of 65. RIP Richard. A comedic legend, right up there with Lenny Bruce.

yourdaddy
12-11-2005, 01:48 AM
Can't tell you how much he did for race relations. More than Cosby, I believe. He had the red-necks cracking up. Some (most) people can't handle success. RIP Wild Man.

kink234
12-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Richard Pryor one of the funniest comic's of all time and legend. I cannot tell you how many times his tapes and DVD's had me laughing my ass off.
R.I.P.

McRen
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
he was a great entertainer, and had a big influence on our north american culture. lots of words and phrases are 'acceptable' now, in no small part to him. MS fucking sucks.

Legend
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Richard Pryor funniest comedian ever,RIP.

blckhaze
12-11-2005, 02:13 AM
rip. idol to many present day comedians. hell be missed

El_hefe
12-11-2005, 03:27 AM
The word genius is thrown around too freely, but Pryor was a genius. May he finally rest in peace.

Man Fuck It
12-11-2005, 03:39 AM
Man, I kind of feel happy that he's gone. I'll miss him, I loved him as a comedian but I know it had to be hell living life like he had to in his later years. R.I.P. man

Ecstatic
12-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Pryor was brilliant and unique, and contributed to our culture as well as being one of the funniest guys ever. R.I.P.

Also, R.I.P. to Senator Eugene McCarthy, who died at age 89 today. Another shining light, in those dark days of 1968.

hwbs
12-11-2005, 05:07 AM
Man, I kind of feel happy that he's gone. I'll miss him, I loved him as a comedian but I know it had to be hell living life like he had to in his later years. R.I.P. man

agreed ...it really took its toll on his body....was always sad to see him in his later years....he will def be missed :!:

chefmike
12-11-2005, 05:15 AM
Pryor was brilliant and unique, and contributed to our culture as well as being one of the funniest guys ever. R.I.P.

Also, R.I.P. to Senator Eugene McCarthy, who died at age 89 today. Another shining light, in those dark days of 1968.

Good point, R.I.P Gene...as someone said on another thread, at least LBJ realized he had listened to the wrong people re Vietnam. Senator McCarthy and his platform certainly were one of the reasons that LBJ didn't run for re-election. I thought the movie "Path To War" did a good job of showing how conflicted LBJ was in those turbulent times. But that's another matter. R.I.P Senator McCarthy.

Quinn
12-11-2005, 05:30 AM
cosby is a witless hack, prior is a genius...

Cosign.

-Quinn

bigslim
12-11-2005, 07:19 AM
He was one of the most controversial entertainers of that time. It was Richard, Redd Foxx, Slappy White, Moms Mabley, Lenny Bruce and George Carlin. They made it possible for such comedians as Eddie Murphy. He will truly be missed.

canihavu
12-11-2005, 07:25 AM
I am still in shock about this... :( :( :(

DJ_Asia
12-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Im glad he finally passed away...Multiple Sclerosis is a horrible disease,and he had a very very bad time with it.He is finally free..RIP my man!

DJ Asia

www.worldwideshemale.com

4DegreesWarmer
12-11-2005, 07:38 AM
A truly awesome talent, definitely up there on the list of great comedians.

It's just sad to his deterioration over the years due to MS. Hopefully, he's resting a little easy now.

Hugh Jarrod
12-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Pryor was one of those greats that comes along once in a while. The guys who tell it like it is, like George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, and now Carlos Mencia. One of my ATF Pryor will always have a place in my memories as one of the greatest ever.

Fitz1600
12-11-2005, 03:48 PM
He's finally free.... Rest in Peace, Richard! Thanks for all of the laughs!

tsluver247
12-11-2005, 06:18 PM
RIP Richard Pryor. One of the funniest comedians of all time. I was watching his show on Comedy Central: Richard Pryor "I Ain't Dead Yet". He was one bad motherfucker.

BOATER
12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
RIP, after all those years of suffering with MS.
He was one of the best Stand up comics ever. I have tspes that make me cry and stomach ache from laughing. Too bad I am too young to have seen him live on stage.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-11-2005, 07:21 PM
May he rest in peace!

~HTG

MoonAndStar
12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
the genius has gone.... may he truly rest in peace..... maybe now the networks will pull their finger out and show pryor at his best.... when he was on stage.... the world deserves to see his legend and those who have never seen his work go down to your local blockbuster or video store and find one of his routines... to put it into perpsective without Rich there would be no eddie muprhy, no chris rock, no bernie mack, etc....

Richard Pryor.... R.I.P....... may his legacy live on....

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/Reviews/DanielOConnell/richardpryor.jpg

Sinister
12-11-2005, 09:52 PM
damn i just heard about this on the news yesterday and i couldn't believe it but r.i.p. to one of the greats and an overall genius to the comedy genre

Hugh Jarrod
12-12-2005, 12:22 AM
wow, Richard Pryor was one of the greatest, he was truly brilliant and im very sad to learn he is no longer with us. Rest in Peace. Growing up i loved Redd Foxx, Richard pryor and George Carlin too. I also enjoy David Cross too.

Ahh man how could I forget Redd Foxx one of my favorites as well. I remember when Lamont left SAnford and Son and their was a big movement to make the show black, by getting rid of the writers and bringing in black writers. The show began to really suck, and Redd Foxx said "Give me back my jews" as in the old writers. He never held anything back, all the great ones are passing on.

Dkg
12-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Man, I'm really gonna miss him.... He was one of the best comedians ever.

Rest in Peace Mr. Pryor.

Saintrose
12-12-2005, 03:19 AM
RIP Richard Pryor
:cry:
A true Icon

Perverted Monk
12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Favorite Pryor Qoute:

Black folks looking for justice? I went in there and thats all I seen JUST US