PDA

View Full Version : Church

trapmasta
02-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Anyone here go to church regularly? Any dudes got into a serious relationship and brought the girl?

Ryz
02-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Can't say I have

MissBStar
02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Everynight before I fap on cam I visit my online church and pray.

http://www.calvaryftl.org/AWMedia/LiveService.cfm

trapmasta
02-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Do u stay in ft laud?
I can't go to church online. It's too much of a community event. I feel that going to church really helps me in getting rooted and familiar with local people and issues. That's the only way we as a people will see improvement.

RedDevil81
02-17-2011, 12:37 AM
No I don't because it's fucking wank and religion is a load of old bollocks.

nonnonnon
02-17-2011, 12:38 AM
I think I'd burst into flames

lisaparadise
02-17-2011, 12:41 AM
No I don't because it's fucking wank and religion is a load of old bollocks.co-sign church is for the weak minded period,theres as much evidence for the easter bunny as there is for god do you pray to her also?

onmyknees
02-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Anyone here go to church regularly? Any dudes got into a serious relationship and brought the girl?

Yea dude...there's not many jesus lovers here on HA...LMAO. Maybe try that religion on line thing?
But the hell with 'em .....they ain't gettin' past St. Peter and you and I can have all those virgins to ourselves !!!!!!!! LMAO

TsVanessa69
02-17-2011, 12:53 AM
I go to church on Sundays to thank God for my blessings. I am Puerto Rican, so I have also believe in Santeria.
Being a transexual is our gender.
That does not stop me from being a child of God.
God made me different, and I accept that.
God is good to me and I look after my fellow man.
That is why no matter how low other miseable transexuals go to try and slander me, defame me or bring me down, I never go down.

TsVanessa69
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
co-sign church is for the weak minded period,theres as much evidence for the easter bunny as there is for god do you pray to her also?
Church is what you make of it.
God is real and I believe in him.
The building is just a quiet space for me to go and worship and thank in my own way.

dc_guy_75
02-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Church is for people who think they can telepathically communicate with deities by praying.

For catholics, church is also a place for people to practice symbolic cannibalism, eating Jesus's flesh and blood. Yum!

Church is also a place to give money, and its generally true, deities tend to be terrible with finances and they need your help!

Helvis2012
02-17-2011, 05:43 AM
No, never.

MdR Dave
02-17-2011, 05:58 AM
co-sign church is for the weak minded period,theres as much
evidence for the easter bunny as there is for god do you pray to her also?

Wait, the Easter bunny is a chick? So why is "she" so often pictured with a vest and bowtie?

Alert Markyboy, this may shed some light on his FTM question!

loren
02-17-2011, 06:57 AM
I go to church on Sundays to thank God for my blessings. I am Puerto Rican, so I have also believe in Santeria.
Being a transexual is our gender.
That does not stop me from being a child of God.
God made me different, and I accept that.
God is good to me and I look after my fellow man.
That is why no matter how low other miseable transexuals go to try and slander me, defame me or bring me down, I never go down.
co-sign:iagree:

RedDevil81
02-18-2011, 01:06 AM
The building is just a quiet space for me to go and worship and thank in my own way.

Church is boring but each to their own.
God isn't real it's a made up thing, I believed in Father Christmas when I was a child it doesn't make him real.
The building is a way to control the masses and extract money.

You are not Gods child/creation you are a product of millions of years of evolution. You can either accept this or deny it, there is nothing to believe or not believe in.

Helvis2012
02-18-2011, 03:00 AM
God isn't real it's a made up thing, I believed in Father Christmas when I was a child it doesn't make him real.

You are not Gods child/creation you are a product of millions of years of evolution. You can either accept this or deny it, there is nothing to believe or not believe in.

Spoken like a true novice. Well done, professor.....you fail.

If you could point to any real sources that display more than a knee-jerk analysis, you might have a case but that drivel you offer only betrays your actual level of understanding.
Time to hit the library.......check out Freud and Eliade... they both examine the flaws and construction of organized religion. If you're going to make such sweeping statements, you're going to have to do better than that lame Santa Claus analogy. :geek:

TsVanessa69
02-18-2011, 05:36 AM

I can only speak for myself. I believe in God, and he has blessed me.

Colleen_Stewart
02-18-2011, 05:39 AM
:iagree:

onmyknees
02-18-2011, 05:39 AM
I can only speak for myself. I believe in God, and he has blessed me.

LOL................Blessed you with many gifts from what I can see !!!!!!!

dc_guy_75
02-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Seems like the christian god is paternalistic.

The idea that a supernatural entity would have a gender is absurd.

To think there is a supernatural entity in control of the universe (that a person can worship, communicate thoughts, has human emotions) is even more absurb.

onmyknees
02-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Church is for people who think they can telepathically communicate with deities by praying.

For catholics, church is also a place for people to practice symbolic cannibalism, eating Jesus's flesh and blood. Yum!

Church is also a place to give money, and its generally true, deities tend to be terrible with finances and they need your help!

Or....................church could be a place for reflection. In many urban communities a church is an oasis .They feed and cloth the poor, provide shelter and guidence and a safe place for kids, and most times don't care if you're a believer or not, and don't care what color your skin is. Like anything else it's what you make it. I've said before I'm agnostic but I don't get you atheists. If a person or a family want to spend an hour in a house of worship, and pray to a super natural being, I understand you can't grasp the concept....really I do, but what sweat is it off your nuts? Why make statements like you did above? Fuck it...live and let live man....and drop some coin in the poor box the next time you pass a church...there's lots of needy folks out there. LOL

It's estimated that more than 70 % of Americans believe in some form of faith or religion...even if it's a tree, but here on HA it's like 10%. What the fucks up with dat >??????? What are you all worshipping ??? LMAO

Jackal
02-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Agnostic and atheist are not mutually exclusive, and neither are agnostic and Christian, so are you or are you not? I'd more rather give to a secular cause that goes directly to helping the poor but I don't lose sleep knowing many people go to church, some might really enjoy it, but the only question I care about is, can anyone adduce evidence on behalf of Christianity's realness? I don't believe but so long as no one is trying to make it law in any way I do not care....but I will not be psuedo-guilt tripped into being a crypto-skeptic either.

onmyknees
02-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Agnostic and atheist are not mutually exclusive, and neither are agnostic and Christian, so are you or are you not? I'd more rather give to a secular cause that goes directly to helping the poor but I don't lose sleep knowing many people go to church, some might really enjoy it, but the only question I care about is, can anyone adduce evidence on behalf of Christianity's realness? I don't believe but so long as no one is trying to make it law in any way I do not care....but I will not be psuedo-guilt tripped into being a crypto-skeptic either.

You made my point precisely. Have you ever been to an inner city church? Again...what's your beef? In one sentence you say you don't care...in the next you want proof. I think you do care....despite your contentions to the contrary. I'm not here to defend religion, and those who choose to worship....I'm just sayin people like you protest too much. It's curious. Re-read my post again, and don't make snap judgements. You believe what ever you wanna believe, and let others do the same. Seems to me, they don't have to prove a fucking thing to you. Either you believe....or you don't. You obviously don't, so don't be pissed off when they pass you on the escalator on the way up to see St. Peter !!!! LMAO. :dancing:And relax dude....you sound fucking angry about the whole thing.

Miss Fagina
02-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I like to see the word god as a metaphor for a creation force, a physicist might call that energy... It is one the most fundamental laws of physics that energy can not be destroyed, only converted into another form. I don't however believe what man say about god, or organized religion. That I believe has historically been mostly about control. What is written in old books has to be viewed in the context of the time in which is was written.. And should not, to the letter, influence human understanding of the world today, then it becomes a hindrance for progress. If a person is able to see the metaphors, than religion can be a "healthy" way to cope were scientific method gives no answers. If I would go to a church though, it would strictly be to admire gothic architecture or artwork.

PomonaCA
02-18-2011, 07:05 AM
If I would go to a church though, it would strictly be to admire gothic architecture or artwork.

Oh lucky church! You came to "admire architecture". That's really condescending.

dc_guy_75
02-18-2011, 07:11 AM
You made my point precisely. Have you ever been to an inner city church? Again...what's your beef? In one sentence you say you don't care...in the next you want proof.

-------------------------------

The beef is religion.

The bible is based on bronze-age morals.

These moronic beliefs affect us all.

Gay marriage? The bible says no, and many religious people will cite the bible as a scripture to live life. Nice, life by shit-hole, middle-eastern, 1st century morals.

Euthanasia? Life is too precious, ask Terry Shaivo, or anyone who'd prefer to be dead than kept alive on indefinably on machines.

Go to your church, and give them your money, and support bronze-age ethics.

hippifried
02-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Well apparently, there must be some copyright problem with the spoken monologue:

Bull Durham
written by Ron Shelton

Annie: I believe in the church of baseball. I've tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there's 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there's 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance. (she sighs) But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. Y'see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring. (she giggles) Which makes it like sex. There's never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn't have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball. You just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I'd never sleep with a player hitting under .250. Not unless he had a lot of RBIs and was a great glove man up the middle. Y'see, there's a certain amount of life wisdom I give these boys. I can expand their minds. Sometimes when I get a ballplayer alone, I'll just read Emily Dickenson or Walt Whitman to him. And the guys are so sweet, they always stay and listen. Of course, a guy'll listen to anything if he thinks it's foreplay. I make them feel confident, and they make me feel safe -- and pretty. 'Course what I give them lasts a lifetime. What they give me lasts a 142 games. Sometimes it seems like a bad trade. But bad trades are part of baseball. Who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for god's sake! It's a long season, and you gotta trust it. I've tried them all, I really have. And, the only church that feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the church of baseball.

PomonaCA
02-18-2011, 07:43 AM
You made my point precisely. Have you ever been to an inner city church? Again...what's your beef? In one sentence you say you don't care...in the next you want proof.

-------------------------------

The beef is religion.

The bible is based on bronze-age morals.

These moronic beliefs affect us all.

Gay marriage? The bible says no, and many religious people will cite the bible as a scripture to live life. Nice, life by shit-hole, middle-eastern, 1st century morals.

Euthanasia? Life is too precious, ask Terry Shaivo, or anyone who'd prefer to be dead than kept alive on indefinably on machines.

Go to your church, and give them your money, and support bronze-age ethics.

Bronze is a great alloy, really it is! In fact, we still use bronze age metal to this day! So much for progress.

Tepres
02-18-2011, 07:58 AM
http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

dc_guy_75
02-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Bronze is a great alloy, really it is! In fact, we still use bronze age metal to this day! So much for progress.

Yup, progress ended when bronze was invented. Some people's ethics stopped evolving around that time too.

PomonaCA
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Yup, progress ended when bronze was invented. Some people's ethics stopped evolving around that time too.

Actually, progress didn't end. Not with Bronze nor with "ethics". Mankind further refined Bronze into hundreds of new variants and God refined ethics via Jesus Christ. If you weren't so closed minded maybe you'd evolve on the subject.

Miss Fagina
02-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Oh lucky church! You came to "admire architecture". That's really condescending.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt the buildings feelings.

PomonaCA
02-18-2011, 08:23 AM

Your true attitude is revealed. It's always easy to expose patronizing fools.

Miss Fagina
02-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Your true attitude is revealed. It's always easy to expose patronizing fools.

If you honestly draw the conclusion that what I originally wrote was intended to disrespect anyone, you're obviously a complete retard... No, I don't think you are. You picked one sentence to pick a fight with me for some reason, I don't give a crap why. Bye now.

PomonaCA
02-18-2011, 08:43 AM
If you honestly draw the conclusion that what I originally wrote was intended to disrespect anyone, you're obviously a complete retard... No, I don't think you are. You picked one sentence to pick a fight with me for some reason, I don't give a crap why. Bye now.

Well then bye. Seriously, you made a post just to say goodbye? Fucking drama queens.

Helvis2012
02-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Seems like the christian god is paternalistic.

The idea that a supernatural entity would have a gender is absurd.

To think there is a supernatural entity in control of the universe (that a person can worship, communicate thoughts, has human emotions) is even more absurb.

I love morons like you. You're just as stupid as people who take the Bible literally.

phobun
02-18-2011, 12:54 PM

lol.......

Jericho
02-18-2011, 03:49 PM
It's estimated that more than 70 % of Americans believe in some form of faith or religion...even if it's a tree, but here on HA it's like 10%. What the fucks up with dat >??????? What are you all worshipping ??? LMAO

Cock! :shrug

Oh crap...Take me out back and shot me, I've turned into Phobun! :hide-1:

Jackal
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
You made my point precisely. Have you ever been to an inner city church? Again...what's your beef? In one sentence you say you don't care...in the next you want proof. I think you do care....despite your contentions to the contrary. I'm not here to defend religion, and those who choose to worship....I'm just sayin people like you protest too much. It's curious. Re-read my post again, and don't make snap judgements. You believe what ever you wanna believe, and let others do the same. Seems to me, they don't have to prove a fucking thing to you. Either you believe....or you don't. You obviously don't, so don't be pissed off when they pass you on the escalator on the way up to see St. Peter !!!! LMAO.

I never said I want to stop anyone from practicing their religion nor have I done so, as a minority, it is my interest to promote the first amendment as well as the principle behind freedom of religion. That said, when the subject comes up, I am not going to be intimidated into nodding my head and pretending that Christianity is not a false religion and that there is zero reason to rationally believe in its claims. It is bullshit along with alchemy, Pazuzu, Ogun, Fortuna, Vishnu, Thor, and all the other fictional deities created by people trying to create a gap for their ignorance of the world(most of which has been solved) and/or social control.

I've never protested, not even the most vile like the Westboro Church, but I am not going to be gagged by puritans who hate the idea that non-believers exist. I never really bring up the absurdity of religion into conversation but if someone asks my opinion, people like you are not going to intimidate me into silence.

PS: Thanks for proving your disingenuous "agnostic" claim.

Jackal
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM

Ba dun chaa!

south ov da border
02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd rather keep my 10% and save it...

phobun
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM

I just state the obvious facts some guys don't want to admit.

loveburst
02-18-2011, 10:17 PM

In our country, the history of church was such, that it kind of ended real spirituality when the people (sweden) that conquered ours, decided to put christianity in place.. All true spiritual knowledge went underground, and into the northest and farthes place possible, due to truely spiritual beings being both prosecuted and burnt alive.

edit: this is why I do not see it, as important to have church wedding, or to not to have church wedding. If people are happy and smiling around you, you'll know you are there.. This is also why I do not see myself going to marry myself ever in a christianic church - that is due to the things that have been done in my country, in the name of christianity, and marrying in such a place would be both giving into and accepting spiritual repression (that happened in this part of the world) for me.. But I do accept people who marry in churches out of love, that is all good..

onmyknees
02-19-2011, 01:19 AM
I never said I want to stop anyone from practicing their religion nor have I done so, as a minority, it is my interest to promote the first amendment as well as the principle behind freedom of religion. That said, when the subject comes up, I am not going to be intimidated into nodding my head and pretending that Christianity is not a false religion and that there is zero reason to rationally believe in its claims. It is bullshit along with alchemy, Pazuzu, Ogun, Fortuna, Vishnu, Thor, and all the other fictional deities created by people trying to create a gap for their ignorance of the world(most of which has been solved) and/or social control.

I've never protested, not even the most vile like the Westboro Church, but I am not going to be gagged by puritans who hate the idea that non-believers exist. I never really bring up the absurdity of religion into conversation but if someone asks my opinion, people like you are not going to intimidate me into silence.

PS: Thanks for proving your disingenuous "agnostic" claim.

Correct...you never said you wanted to stop anyone from practicing thier faith, ( that of course would make you not only a bigot, but unAmerican) nor did anyone say you were trying...so stop being so fucking defensive. You just go on with your anti religion diatribe at nauseam. Try not being so condescending and dismissive of those who choose who to worship and they might listen to your point of view. Guys like you and Bill Maher must be real insecure about your anti religion beliefs. Why else are you so confrontational and pro active and arrogant about the beliefs of others ? You go way past simply saying .." I choose not to believe what you believe." I don't recall anyone condemning you for your choice to believe what it is you believe, but you're overly defensive about it. You seem to need some sort of self affirmation by belittling and condemning those who practice faith or religion. Just read your posts...they're a mix of what you believe, and lots of vile towards folks who choose to believe differently.

RedDevil81
02-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Spoken like a true novice. Well done, professor.....you fail.

If you could point to any real sources that display more than a knee-jerk analysis, you might have a case but that drivel you offer only betrays your actual level of understanding.
Time to hit the library.......check out Freud and Eliade... they both examine the flaws and construction of organized religion. If you're going to make such sweeping statements, you're going to have to do better than that lame Santa Claus analogy. :geek:

What? I'm saying god isn't real from a factual basis, I don't really know much about freud or his take on organised religion, but seeing how he was a psychiatrist I'm guessing he would have some take on god being a replacement father figure or some such thing. This however does not detract from the point I made, that god; christian,jewish, islamic, ra the sun god, apollo etc are made up beings with no basis in fact. Whether or not some people need to believe in such things as a comfort for the harshness of the real world or to make them feel special and not just a primate who has evolved on a different branch of the evolutionary tree from a chimp does not make them real.
Therefore I think you will find, I understand just fine thanks.

loveburst
02-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Guys like you and Bill Maher must be real insecure about your anti religion beliefs.

Just - to take part in the conversation, I see it the way, that Bill Maher truly (as painful as this might be to hear for someone, he) has the purest of motives.. to find out what in the earth is going on, on earth, and his documentary "Religulous" is one of the best spiritual products anyone has created in the mainstream so far.

He shows the unwillingness (of those who say they advocate a religion of willingness to accept people as -many say, and what might be partly also true, and that happened, as- their Jesus Christ did) to accept, other people - outside of what their beliefs are, he showa this christianic attitude of the many in plain light.. in real situations and that is (from a spiritual point of view) beautiful.

not the least, because of in my country the christianic messians used to beat up people, steal their places of living etc...

..and this is not to bash christianity at all, but what Maher does, is that he shows beautifully how a blind faith (believing a set of rules that are said by someone as being set into stone) - might lead into killing people blindly, with eyepads on..

Simply one of the best masterpieces, regarding spirituality - so far:

YouTube - Bill Maher's Religulous Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg8WlXZxAgQ)

that is simply awesome..

..and (this is mainly because of the unspiritual approach of most christians) though he does not realise it at the moment, he is seeking for the truth, and this is one of the steppingstones that definetely will lead him to the real truth regarding spirituality, since he is sincere and he is willing to accept the truth - whatever it is.................

onmyknees
02-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Just - to take part in the conversation, I see it the way, that Bill Maher truly (as painful as this might be to hear for someone, he) has the purest of motives.. to find out what in the earth is going on, on earth, and his documentary "Religulous" is one of the best spiritual products anyone has created in the mainstream so far.

He shows the unwillingness (of those who say they advocate a religion of willingness to accept people as -many say, and what might be partly also true, and that happened, as- their Jesus Christ did) to accept, other people - outside of what their beliefs are, he showa this christianic attitude of the many in plain light.. in real situations and that is (from a spiritual point of view) beautiful.

not the least, because of in my country the christianic messians used to beat up people, steal their places of living etc...

..and this is not to bash christianity at all, but what Maher does, is that he shows beautifully how a blind faith (believing a set of rules that are said by someone as being set into stone) - might lead into killing people blindly, with eyepads on..

Simply one of the best masterpieces, regarding spirituality - so far:

YouTube - Bill Maher's Religulous Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg8WlXZxAgQ)

that is simply awesome..

..and (this is mainly because of the unspiritual approach of most christians) though he does not realise it at the moment, he is seeking for the truth, and this is one of the steppingstones that definetely will lead him to the real truth regarding spirituality, since he is sincere and he is willing to accept the truth - whatever it is.................

I don't have a problem with your post at all. You present your position in a non condescending manner. Unlike some...I have an open mind. I don't find Bill Maher particularily humorous, or engaging so consequently I did not see his film, but I will check out your clip.

f1manoz
02-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Being an agnostic, I do not attend religious services.

But I have no problem with those that do. I'm not one of those narrow-minded types that needs to have everyone believe the same thing as myself. Let everyone believe what they want...