PDA

View Full Version : Thought's on X-Men: First Class

Silcc69
02-13-2011, 02:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_First_Class_(film)

Now correct me if im wrong but didn't the first class consist of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Iceman, and Beast? Some of these characters in the movie didn't even appear until the second X-Men team appeared (after Giant Size X-Men #1) Now granted I haven't read a new X-men since sometime in 97 and Marvel does indeed change up shit in their history. Just want to get a few thoughts from the X-Fans(Ruby and Rockabilly) on here.

YouTube - X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM&feature=pyv&ad=8012602071&kw=)

HbgDon
02-13-2011, 02:19 AM
You are correct on the original team being Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Iceman and Beast. I tend to think of the movie X-Men on a different universe than the comic world. As the normal Marvel Universe is called the 616 universe. The movie one doesn't have continuity to the comic universe.
I was very skeptical on this movie, but I think from the trailer it looks pretty good. I'll give it a go in the summer time.

diablito
02-15-2011, 06:08 AM
should rock!!

phobun
02-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Lots of guys here like ex-men.

rockabilly
02-15-2011, 06:13 AM
It's gonna pretty much be an "Ultimate" universe X-Men.

Same w/ the upcoming Spider-Man reboot and new Daredevil.

rockabilly
02-15-2011, 06:22 AM
They had to scrap a zero g fight scene because it looked like a scene from "Inception" and they want X-Men FC to look "new and original" , I hope the script is good and Marvel doesn't rush it like Iron Man 2.

Miss Fagina
02-15-2011, 06:39 AM
I love the X-Men. Remember reading them as a kid, wishing I had the power of Mystique... Turned out I did, well figuratively speaking anyway. :)

fred41
02-15-2011, 06:39 AM
I don't like some of the casting but I'll definitely watch it.

...I didn't think Iron Man 2 was bad.

rockabilly
02-15-2011, 06:48 AM
It was rushed and imo lacked a solid story.

Ok who's the bad guy it's the army , now it's Whiplash , now it's War Machine , now it's Justin Hammer and Whiplash , now it's a bunch of drones and Whiplash oh and radiation poisoning ... they crammed to much into it at once.

Jon Favereau won't direct pt 3 due to creative conflicts.

fred41
02-15-2011, 06:50 AM
It was rushed and imo lacked a solid story.

Ok who's the bad guy it's the army , now it's Whiplash , now it's War Machine , now it's Justin Hammer and Whiplash , now it's a bunch of drones and Whiplash oh and radiation poisoning ... they crammed to much into it at once.

Jon Favereau won't direct pt 3 due to creative conflicts.

Yeah..that's a good point. I've watched the first one more than once already on Blue Ray....but I'll probably never watch the second one again.

rockabilly
02-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Same here , pt 1 was awesome! It modernized the origin story , had great action scenes and moved at a brisk pace.

It had almost perfect balance between action and story.

Oh and a War Machine movie is going to be made ... umm it's just Iron Man workin w/ the Army :shrug:

They need to make a Doctor Strange movie ... they can get Nic Cage to star since he's in a "wizard" mood lately.

fred41
02-15-2011, 07:07 AM
...used to like Deathlok too...but I can't see that ever being anything better than maybe a low budget film.

TSMichelleAustin
02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
It looks like a good movie! I cant wait to see it!!!

rockabilly
02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm hoping they introduce Jean DeWolfe in the next Spider-Man movie.

giovanni_hotel
02-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I think I saw a red Nightcrawler in that preview!!???

It's not 100% faithful to the comic book, but it looks to be the best X-Men movie since the first one.

What I want to see is Daredevil done properly.

Ben Affleck was so wrong in that lead role.
That dude doesn't project on screen that he's kicking anyone's ass.
If your lead actor can't sell 'dangerous', he can't be a renegade superhero.

Stan Lee rules the universe!!!!lol

innocentbychoice
02-15-2011, 08:29 AM
The X-men movies have never respected the comics continuity.

Now this new movie (trailer below) hasn't convinced me so far. They pretty much changed the story (once again) just for the sake of it. And the trailer didn't excite me as much as I was hoping.

PS: There's no Nightcrawler in the trailer, as someone suggested, it is Azazel a mutant who is part of a race of demons, and I believe he's Nightcrawler's father.

YouTube - X-Men: First Class - Official HD Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-SE3wDXGA&feature=fvst)

rockabilly
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I think I saw a red Nightcrawler in that preview!!???

What I want to see is Daredevil done properly.

Ben Affleck was so wrong in that lead role.
That dude doesn't project on screen that he's kicking anyone's ass.
If your lead actor can't sell 'dangerous', he can't be a renegade superhero.

Jason Statham may be the new Daredevil , but can he pull of being a blind lawyer?

And yeah that's Nightcrawlers dad and Mystique is his mom. :geek:

DW2012
02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Thumbs up, I'm taking a tranny with me to go see it in the biggest theater in Dallas.

sigsleep
02-16-2011, 01:26 AM
My thoughts, FOX just needs to give the rights back to Marvel and let them give X-Men a proper reboot...

Kaiju
02-16-2011, 03:01 AM
Since Bryan Singer is producing and it's got a good director with Matthew Vaughn, I'm optimistic that it'll be better than X-Men 3 and Wolverine.

rockabilly
02-16-2011, 03:43 AM
In related news the Spider-Man reboot has a new name ... "The Amazing Spider-Man".

Starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy this new Spidey will be old school.

How are they making it different?
1. Closer to the comics origin story
2. Peter is still in High School during his Spidey carreer
3. Web Shooters! No more organic webbing ... which means we can expect him to run out of web cartridges during a critical moment.
4. Redesigned suit.

rockabilly
02-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Pic of Andrew and Emma as Peter and Gwen.

kukm4
02-16-2011, 04:06 AM
How are they making it different?
1. Closer to the comics origin story
2. Peter is still in High School during his Spidey carreer
3. Web Shooters! No more organic webbing ... which means we can expect him to run out of web cartridges during a critical moment.
4. Redesigned suit.
5.Movie 2: Clone Saga

rockabilly
02-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Hmmm the new suit looks like a tweak of the Alex Ross concept suit for Raimi's first Spider-Man film.

http://images52.fotki.com/v641/photos/2/25718/4823493/spiderman4-vi.jpg

Noooo clones! It's supposed to be a "Batman Begins" take on Spider-Man ... gritty and realistic.

Comic fans might appreciate the reboot but your average movie goer might assume it's "Spiderman 4" and wonder "Didn't I already see this story before?"

MissBStar
02-16-2011, 04:45 AM
Pic of Andrew and Emma as Peter and Gwen.

emma watson looks better with hair! =P I think she needs to keep that wig on.

oh and btw.. I am NOT excited for the new X-Men movie! All the good scenes are in the trailer! lol

innocentbychoice
02-16-2011, 08:43 AM
My thoughts, FOX just needs to give the rights back to Marvel and let them give X-Men a proper reboot...

Exactly.

rockabilly
02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Or give it to writers and directors who KNOW the source material.

Brett Ratner should be kicked in the nuts.

He wanted multi powered mutants so he took Quicksilver , Caliban and Callisto and made them one mutant ... wtf. And upon learning that Quicksilver is Magnetos son he said " Magneto has a kid ... wow! " smgdh.