PDA

View Full Version : The Darnest Thing...

BeardedOne
12-09-2005, 10:26 PM
"do u have ur horns under there?"

Well, that settles that question once and for all, doesn't it? :roll:

Did you ask how they were able to tuck their tails under their overalls so well? :shock:

Though I didn't encounter orthodox Jews until I began wandering down to New Yawk, I grew up as the token non-Jew in a predominantly Jewish 'burb of Boston and, until now, didn't know how to spell 'yarmulka'.

And now I do. :)

chefmike
12-10-2005, 02:59 AM
J, that is some heavy shit to be layin on a kid...normally I would make light of it and refer to remarks about Jewish bankers*ahem*kramer, or Jewish folks controlling the media*not sure if that one was from inhouston, jtmoney, or dumbdaddy*...but you never did post that recipe for matzoh balls that flabby asked for... :lol:

yourdaddy
12-10-2005, 03:34 AM
the rudest, most non-communicative, least personable people I have ever come across in my life, are hasidic jews. I have to think that they were raised by people with no skills at communication, and no desire to have contact with any other people than themselves. I deal quite often with Palestinians, Lebanese, Jordanian, Pakistani, and Indian people, but Hasidic Jews are the most egotistical assholes, other than chefmike, I have ever seen.

chefmike
12-10-2005, 04:00 AM
the rudest, most non-communicative, least personable people I have ever come across in my life, are hasidic jews. I have to think that they were raised by people with no skills at communication, and no desire to have contact with any other people than themselves. I deal quite often with Palestinians, Lebanese, Jordanian, Pakistani, and Indian people, but Hasidic Jews are the most egotistical assholes, other than chefmike, I have ever seen.

It sounds like you have quite a multi-cultural paper route. I hope they tip you well on the baby jesus' birthday...

yourdaddy
12-10-2005, 04:14 AM
The only people that subsribe to the ny times are those hassidic jews, so it's a short paper route. I wonder if they'll tip me this year.

scipio
12-10-2005, 04:58 AM

Yeah, imagine getting the shit kicked out of you for 2,500 years and then becoming a little bit insular as a result. What nerve!

[/sarcasm]

flabbybody
12-10-2005, 05:26 AM
as a Jewish kid from a very Italian part of the Bronx, I just wanted to be accepted and it pissed me off I couldn't have a Christmas tree in my house like all my Christian friends

J, please don't hate me. I know the Hasids have disdain for regular Jews like me, but we're not crazy about them either.

BeardedOne
12-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't know if I'm so jaded or really tolerant nowadays that cross dressing doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I know a CD who is one of the rare breed that can really do it up well. I was a bit wierded out when I first met him, but eventually tuned to the idea that that's just how things are and didn't see anything unusual about him anymore.

When we were all down to N'awlins one year (And it was =not= Mardi Gras time) he was strolling down Canal Street in spandex, a leather skirt, fishnets and heels, and some really nice earsparklies and there wasn't a single person on that crowded street that seemed to notice anything odd.

Gotta love that city. :)