PDA

View Full Version : "Intimidator"

lisaparadise
02-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Its hard to believe its been 10 years since we lost the greatest driver in NASCAR history,my hero Dale Earnhardt. nascar will never be the same so lets have a tribute thread to honour the intimadator.ill start with my all time saddest moment when the world found out from Mike Helton After the accident on turn four at the end of the Daytona500 weve lost Dale Earnhardt.YouTube - Dale Earnhardt tribute video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atbfSJyNmY&feature=related)

GrimFusion
02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
This thread is incomplete without a tall sixer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, a can of Grizzly wintergreen long-cut, some kind of reference to the WWF, and a whole ton of blond mullet wigs and trucker caps.

BellaBellucci
02-07-2011, 09:55 PM
This thread is incomplete without a tall sixer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, a can of Grizzly wintergreen long-cut, some kind of reference to the WWF, and a whole ton of blond mullet wigs and trucker caps.

You faker. Every good redneck knows it's called the WWE now. Those panzy-assed tree huggers sued for the rights to WWF. Commie bastards!

~BB~

BigDF
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Its hard to believe its been 10 years since we lost the greatest driver in NASCAR history,my hero Dale Earnhardt. nascar will never be the same so lets have a tribute thread to honour the intimadator.ill start with my all time saddest moment when the world found out from Mike Helton After the accident on turn four at the end of the Daytona500 weve lost Dale Earnhardt.YouTube - Dale Earnhardt tribute video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atbfSJyNmY&feature=related)Ironically, the winner of that particular race was Michael Waltrip, who was driving for DEI at the time. I've often wondered if that sort of jinxed Michael's NASCAR efforts. I wasn't really into NASCAR back then, and I remember hearing about it, but once I got into the sport I read up on it and not only did the Intimidator improve the sport while he was alive, his death has also improved the safety for the drivers. A lot of the things people take for granted these days would have kept him alive, including the HAN device and the new car design that moves the driver away from the side of the car. I've liked everything I've read or heard about Dale Earnhardt, but in terms of success, I think the greatest driver in the sport is still Richard Petty, although Dale ranks right up there with him.

And much as I hate to admit it, I think Jimmie Johnson will be in the top ten greatest drivers as well.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Its hard to believe its been 10 years since we lost the greatest driver in NASCAR history,my hero Dale Earnhardt. nascar will never be the same so lets have a tribute thread to honour the intimadator.ill start with my all time saddest moment when the world found out from Mike Helton After the accident on turn four at the end of the Daytona500 weve lost Dale Earnhardt.YouTube - Dale Earnhardt tribute video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atbfSJyNmY&feature=related)

Ohhh baby, I really am in love with you now. I had no idea you were into NASCAR and specifically a fan of Dale. You know how your heart physically hurts when you lose someone or something very close to you? That is what I felt as soon as he hit the wall. I thought my heart was going to explode! In the uncharactistic act of blocking for someone else, he wanted Michael and Dale Jr to fight for the win, instead of having anyone else in the mix. His very good friend, Kenny Shraeder is the one that turned him, causing Dale's car to careen into the Turn 4 wall. I have never, since that day, looked at that wall without a vividly graphic memory of that wreck. I saw, over many years, Dale walk away from much greater impacts, some wrecks almost completely detroying the car. I'm a rtired Navy SEAL, this was and is one of the most devastating moments in my life. My walls, shelves and many of my clothes are a tribute to The "Intimidator".

lisaparadise
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Ironically, the winner of that particular race was Michael Waltrip, who was driving for DEI at the time. I've often wondered if that sort of jinxed Michael's NASCAR efforts. I wasn't really into NASCAR back then, and I remember hearing about it, but once I got into the sport I read up on it and not only did the Intimidator improve the sport while he was alive, his death has also improved the safety for the drivers. A lot of the things people take for granted these days would have kept him alive, including the HAN device and the new car design that moves the driver away from the side of the car. I've liked everything I've read or heard about Dale Earnhardt, but in terms of success, I think the greatest driver in the sport is still Richard Petty, although Dale ranks right up there with him.

And much as I hate to admit it, I think Jimmie Johnson will be in the top ten greatest drivers as well.Ya Dale owned both Michaels car and Dale jrs who finshed one two in that race but one of my all time favorite races was the 1998 daytona500 now this is what respect amonst your peers is all about.YouTube - 1998 Daytona 500: Congratulations on pit road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-_XqTKngg&feature=related)

lisaparadise
02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Ohhh baby, I really am in love with you now. I had no idea you were into NASCAR and specifically a fan of Dale. You know how your heart physically hurts when you lose someone or something very close to you? That is what I felt as soon as he hit the wall. I thought my heart was going to explode! In the uncharactistic act of blocking for someone else, he wanted Michael and Dale Jr to fight for the win, instead of having anyone else in the mix. His very good friend, Kenny Shraeder is the one that turned him, causing Dale's car to careen into the Turn 4 wall. I have never, since that day, looked at that wall without a vividly graphic memory of that wreck. I saw, over many years, Dale walk away from much greater impacts, some wrecks almost completely detroying the car. I'm a rtired Navy SEAL, this was and is one of the most devastating moments in my life. My walls, shelves and many of my clothes are a tribute to The "Intimidator".thanks babe for the story ill never forget those words weve lost one of NASCARs greatest drivers weve lost Dale Earnhardt i cried for hours and racing has never been the same for me but i do adore JR and i wish he would drive the black number 3 car forever.YouTube - 2010 Subway Jalapeno 250 - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins in the #3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhqjuiLFM5w)

ed_jaxon
02-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Don't tell nobody (cuz I don't want to lose my status as soul brother number 1) but I actually have his autograph on a poster along with Bill Elliot's.

Huge loss.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Don't tell nobody (cuz I don't want to lose my status as soul brother number 1) but I actually have his autograph on a poster along with Bill Elliot's.

Huge loss.

That's OK, Ed...I have many black friends that are NASCAR nuts and Earnhardt fans. I'm a white boy that loves 'soul food'...you don't find that in white neighborhoods.

drock
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Just gone admit it Lisa we won't tell you want to be American so bad don't ya.. What yall know about nascar up there.. LOL.

lisaparadise
02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Just gone admit it Lisa we won't tell you want to be American so bad don't ya.. What yall know about nascar up there.. LOL.i do have cable lol

drock
02-08-2011, 12:08 AM
i do have cable lol

hahahaha...

lisaparadise
02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
what no NASCAR fans?

kaiser1one
02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
How is he the greatest? Cause he died? It seems like someone has to die to get to Legend status. Like Michael Jackson.

lisaparadise
02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
How is he the greatest? Cause he died? It seems like someone has to die to get to Legend status. Like Michael Jackson.if you have to ask why then you know nothing about racing period.

kaiser1one
02-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I do not deny that statement. However, my statement holds true as well.
Nobody is going to surpass him. Why? Because he's at "God" status now. He died and now he's a Legend. And you just don't top a Legend.

sukinsumtgurl
02-09-2011, 12:01 AM
After Dale's death I don't watch NASCAR much now. That man could drive the wheels off a car.

http://premium.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/02/16/rchildress.teresa.3/earnhardt.car.384.jpg

And never forgot where the money can from his fans.

onmyknees
02-09-2011, 01:46 AM
I'll admit...if I'm at a bar, and there's a race on...I'll check it out....I couldn't pick the drivers out of a line up, but Nascar's allright...and besides I'm down south alot, and you better bring your Nascar game if you're going to meet ladies there. They're fucking crazy about it. One thing I always wondered .....why don't they deliver 30 brand new Camaro's right out of various showrooms to the track...all identical with everything except the color, put the drivers in them and let's see who's the best driver for real. Seems to me the way it is now, the guy with the best mechinics and big time teams always win.

NascarNation
02-09-2011, 02:08 AM
what no NASCAR fans?

Its the best sport in the world!!

CORVETTEDUDE
02-09-2011, 02:21 AM
I'll admit...if I'm at a bar, and there's a race on...I'll check it out....I couldn't pick the drivers out of a line up, but Nascar's allright...and besides I'm down south alot, and you better bring your Nascar game if you're going to meet ladies there. They're fucking crazy about it. One thing I always wondered .....why don't they deliver 30 brand new Camaro's right out of various showrooms to the track...all identical with everything except the color, put the drivers in them and let's see who's the best driver for real. Seems to me the way it is now, the guy with the best mechinics and big time teams always win.

You aren't far off in your statement. The multi-car teams have a big advantage, and they bring big money drivers to the show. 30 Camaros, all identical (except for color), with sealed engines...Gee, what a novel idea! YES...let's bring back the IROC Series!!! That was the whole idea behind that concept and.....I LIKE IT!!! May the BEST "Driver" win!!!

BellaBellucci
02-09-2011, 02:22 AM
I'm sorry, but Nascar is the fried chicken and watermelon of white culture. :lol:

~BB~

CORVETTEDUDE
02-09-2011, 02:27 AM
I'm sorry, but Nascar is the fried chicken and watermelon of white culture. :lol:

~BB~

YEP!!! Love the Fried Yardbird. And watermelon keeps ya regular....just ask Dino!

NascarNation
02-09-2011, 02:50 AM

~BB~

Nascar is a awesome sport id eat fried chicken and watermelon watching it with you. :dancing:

BellaBellucci
02-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Nascar is a awesome sport id eat fried chicken and watermelon watching it with you. :dancing:

And then we can get married and have a bunch of little Uh-Oh Oreo children. ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3xa_L8vpR1A/SwcOxPRLstI/AAAAAAAABVk/NDsvWjmzjlE/s1600/GoldenUhOhOreo.jpg

~BB~

NascarNation
02-09-2011, 02:56 AM
And then we can get married and have a bunch of little Uh-Oh Oreo children. ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3xa_L8vpR1A/SwcOxPRLstI/AAAAAAAABVk/NDsvWjmzjlE/s1600/GoldenUhOhOreo.jpg

~BB~

Youre my kinda girl bella lol

BellaBellucci
02-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Youre my kinda girl bella lol

Thanks. ;)

YouTube - Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried (Full Version Video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ujS1er1r0)

~BB~

MISTERCEE
02-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Ohhh baby, I really am in love with you now. I had no idea you were into NASCAR and specifically a fan of Dale. You know how your heart physically hurts when you lose someone or something very close to you? That is what I felt as soon as he hit the wall. I thought my heart was going to explode! In the uncharactistic act of blocking for someone else, he wanted Michael and Dale Jr to fight for the win, instead of having anyone else in the mix. His very good friend, Kenny Shraeder is the one that turned him, causing Dale's car to careen into the Turn 4 wall. I have never, since that day, looked at that wall without a vividly graphic memory of that wreck. I saw, over many years, Dale walk away from much greater impacts, some wrecks almost completely detroying the car. I'm a rtired Navy SEAL, this was and is one of the most devastating moments in my life. My walls, shelves and many of my clothes are a tribute to The "Intimidator".

Sterling Marlin was the one who actually spun him when he threw a block on him... Sterling received death threats after that but it wasnt his fault...Kenny Shreader was the first to the car and see him dead..One of his greatest quotes was " If you don't want to go fast then don't race" when asked about removing restrictor plates..