PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I think we're going to lose a generation to marijuana. Much like we lost a generation to drugs and liberalism, we will lose a generation to the legalization of marijuana. You can't deprive the stupid of their stupidity.

I truly feel sorry for drug users. For whatever reason, pot makes them feel better than they usually feel. Can you imagine that? You need an elective drug to feel good? The only question is; Why can't you be happy in the skin you are already in?

BLKGSXR
01-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Man I love this shit...

amberskyi
01-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Man I love this shit...
i know,smh lol

T$420
01-23-2011, 11:26 AM
What a fuckin douchebag....

BLKGSXR
01-23-2011, 11:34 AM
i know,smh lolhehe ^_^

What a fuckin douchebag....
be nice brotha just cuz he dont like it doesnt mean hes bad just opinionated

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 11:37 AM
10 pages by dawn. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

T$420
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
hehe ^_^

be nice brotha just cuz he dont like it doesnt mean hes bad just opinionated

Well we all know what opinions are like...this guy is talking out of his ass. We are losing a generation to weed? Give me a break....people have been smoking weed for generations...how old is this guy? 95 years old? "Ehhh sonny, you shouldn't be smoking drugs, it will fry your brain!"

Meanwhile, what are the odds he smokes cigarettes??

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Well we all know what opinions are like...this guy is talking out of his ass. We are losing a generation to weed? Give me a break....people have been smoking weed for generations...how old is this guy? 95 years old? "Ehhh sonny, you shouldn't be smoking drugs, it will fry your brain!"

Meanwhile, what are the odds he smokes cigarettes??

Keep talking and I'm sorry you hate cigarettes. Hatred of cigarettes is one thing we have in common, though I don't justify my hatred of cigarettes with marijuana.

T$420
01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Do you drink Pomona?

amberskyi
01-23-2011, 11:45 AM
this thread should be called "why i feel the need to tell grown ass people drugs are bad"

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Do you drink Pomona?

I don't drink Pomona but if you do, I don't hate gays so don't hate me.

T$420
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
like I said, what a fuckin douchebag

russtafa
01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
My girlfriend's a nurse and has explained the dangers of this hydro maryjane. The stuff leads to psychological problems

TGL
01-23-2011, 12:35 PM
YouTube - Helge tanzt das Möhrchenlied (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJv7HgmQmU)

Marihuana ist nicht gut! :D

Sparky Snakeden
01-23-2011, 12:47 PM
My girlfriend's a nurse and has explained the dangers of this hydro maryjane. The stuff leads to psychological problems

there is no death from Marijuana, you know how many people die from alcohol, Billions, not one cause of dieing from pot, like those stupid anti marijuana commercials they used to have ! the only harm from pot is smoking it which it's really meant to eat, thats the medical way to use it where it is completly healthy for you!

jharder
01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
I live in Canada. Weed is very cheap and of excellent quality so no harm no foul.

dderek123
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Heavy use of marijuana can lead to psychological problems. Heavy drinking can lead to health problems.

But as they say too much of a good thing is bad for you. Just like some lardass who dies of a coronary because of having too many big macs.

You only live once and you are gonna die of something so you might as well enjoy yourself.

BigDF
01-23-2011, 05:42 PM
I think we're going to lose a generation to marijuana. Much like we lost a generation to drugs and liberalism, we will lose a generation to the legalization of marijuana. You can't deprive the stupid of their stupidity.

I truly feel sorry for drug users. For whatever reason, pot makes them feel better than they usually feel. Can you imagine that? You need an elective drug to feel good? The only question is; Why can't you be happy in the skin you are already in?I truly feel sorry for you, person, who seems to be in such a stupor. We've got troops in combat in two wars and you're worried about losing a generation to marijuana??? And where besides California is marijuana legal?

The only reason that marijuana and many other drugs remain illegal is because the big pharmaceutical companies would lose a lot of business. Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it isn't working with drugs and it's time we stop spending billions on drug interdiction and start collecting taxes on the sales. We would spend much less money on treatment of addictions, than we currently spend chasing, arresting and housing the same addicts.

south ov da border
01-23-2011, 06:02 PM
so marijuana is worse than Seroquel or those other pharms that have a million warnings on them? Granted you can have a problem from whatever you use,why single out MJ? There are so many other problems with things that are LEGAL that are way worse than it. Alcohol-tobacco(at least how it's blended with a whole bunch of crap) scrips. I'd rather smoke a little than be dependent on effexor or tomazipaine or some other crap that docs say helps you...

Martin C.
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Why are you worried about those who smoke weed? I've smoked weed for years and I got that someday I should stop. Now I don't smoke it anymore but I'm not better than anyone to say that weed is good or bad. I do what I wanna do with my life without disturbing anyone. So, if you don't like, don't disturb who likes.

innocentbychoice
01-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Taking things to the extreme is always bad, no matter if it's alcohol, marihuana or cigarettes.

I don't smoke anything but I've heard regular cigarettes are worse for your health than pot. And cigarettes have been legal for...Forever now? So it's a matter of personal choice and control. Don't think we'll lose a generation for marihuana, that's ridiculous.

If you really need something to worry about in this day and generation, worry about STDs and teen pregnancy.

south ov da border
01-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I truly feel sorry for you, person, who seems to be in such a stupor. We've got troops in combat in two wars and you're worried about losing a generation to marijuana??? And where besides California is marijuana legal?

The only reason that marijuana and many other drugs remain illegal is because the big pharmaceutical companies would lose a lot of business. Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it isn't working with drugs and it's time we stop spending billions on drug interdiction and start collecting taxes on the sales. We would spend much less money on treatment of addictions, than we currently spend chasing, arresting and housing the same addicts.

These people stay in power by convincing people they are sick because of the poisoned food and water and won't allow them to learn about real cures and treatments. The docs and the jail system are complicit in keeping clients and inmates. They don't want to cure illness and treat addiction. It's all a system to keep their friends empoyed.

Silcc69
01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/729624/bushbuzz.jpg

GrimFusion
01-23-2011, 06:49 PM

I truly feel sorry for drug users. For whatever reason, pot makes them feel better than they usually feel. Can you imagine that? You need an elective drug to feel good? The only question is; Why can't you be happy in the skin you are already in?

I think you're ranking on the wrong type of drugs, man. If you want to talk about a generation lost, I'd suspect your argument would be a little more valid if you were trying to attack meth and pharmaceutical users. I just don't see stoners as an epidemic in any regard.

If you want to talk about a lazy society, talk about heroin users and recovering heroin addicts prescribed methadone then paid out on social security because they're too "doned out" to work. That's more or less the reason why I refuse to get into harder drugs. Weed doesn't make me lazy because I smoke responsibly.

Legalizing marijuana won't turn a generation of workers lazy. It simply keeps people who choose to smoke a drug which is more or less harmless from spending a copious amount of time in jail. Personally, I think that's fair.

The "weed is better than XXXXX" argument has been beat into the ground, though. I don't want to focus on that. However, I will argue that your view seems pretty skewed. Weed doesn't make people happy. It doesn't fix self-worth, self-image, or self-esteem issues. Marijuana makes conversations seem deeper, food taste better, comedy more laugh-worthy, and stress a tad more manageable.

I'll agree that most people (me included) smoke weed as a vice. I'd rather smoke a bowl than drink two beers, but that's going right back to the "weed is better than XXXXX" argument. I think you're wondering why people prefer to have a vice in the first place.

I smoke because on any given night off, likelihood is I don't have a whole lot to keep myself busy with. That doesn't mean I don't go out and socialize... I do a lot of that, too. Some nights it's just me kicking around the internet looking for something creative to do. Weed seems to help with that. I get more into my photoshop projects, I seem to have a creative edge while I'm high that I just don't have while I'm sober, and there's nothing better than a bowl of green, a bowl of cheetos, and an internet meme site.

I just don't think this issue is that debatable because it's not that important to begin with. Legalizing weed won't make the population lazy and unproductive, it won't make the working world grind to a halt, and it's not going to entice anybody who doesn't like smoking weed to begin with. Your argument is invalid.

Tra-la-la, mother fu**er. :dancing:

south ov da border
01-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I think you're ranking on the wrong type of drugs, man. If you want to talk about a generation lost, I'd suspect your argument would be a little more valid if you were trying to attack meth and pharmaceutical users. I just don't see stoners as an epidemic in any regard.

If you want to talk about a lazy society, talk about heroin users and recovering heroin addicts prescribed methadone then paid out on social security because they're too "doned out" to work. That's more or less the reason why I refuse to get into harder drugs. Weed doesn't make me lazy because I smoke responsibly.

Legalizing marijuana won't turn a generation of workers lazy. It simply keeps people who choose to smoke a drug which is more or less harmless from spending a copious amount of time in jail. Personally, I think that's fair.

The "weed is better than XXXXX" argument has been beat into the ground, though. I don't want to focus on that. However, I will argue that your view seems pretty skewed. Weed doesn't make people happy. It doesn't fix self-worth, self-image, or self-esteem issues. Marijuana makes conversations seem deeper, food taste better, comedy more laugh-worthy, and stress a tad more manageable.

I'll agree that most people (me included) smoke weed as a vice. I'd rather smoke a bowl than drink two beers, but that's going right back to the "weed is better than XXXXX" argument. I think you're wondering why people prefer to have a vice in the first place.

I smoke because on any given night off, likelihood is I don't have a whole lot to keep myself busy with. That doesn't mean I don't go out and socialize... I do a lot of that, too. Some nights it's just me kicking around the internet looking for something creative to do. Weed seems to help with that. I get more into my photoshop projects, I seem to have a creative edge while I'm high that I just don't have while I'm sober, and there's nothing better than a bowl of green, a bowl of cheetos, and an internet meme site.

I just don't think this issue is that debatable because it's not that important to begin with. Legalizing weed won't make the population lazy and unproductive, it won't make the working world grind to a halt, and it's not going to entice anybody who doesn't like smoking weed to begin with. Your argument is invalid.

Pretty much...

rockabilly
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I think Funyuns rule.

fred41
01-23-2011, 06:57 PM
No need to comment...GrimFusion just did the job..

MdR Dave
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
? The only question is; Why can't you be happy in the skin you are already in?

This may have been asked of you; if so it bears repeating-- do you realize the implications of this statement in regards to the girls of this board?

Flame on.

phobun
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
If you really need something to worry about in this day and generation, worry about STDs and teen pregnancy.

Not if you're a homo.

phobun
01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/729624/bushbuzz.jpg

lol.......

phobun
01-23-2011, 07:10 PM

You're taking an obvious troll way too seriously.

:trolls

south ov da border
01-23-2011, 07:10 PM
troll on...

Odelay
01-23-2011, 07:20 PM
this thread should be called "why i feel the need to tell grown ass people drugs are bad"
lmao

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
I truly feel sorry for you, person, who seems to be in such a stupor. We've got troops in combat in two wars and you're worried about losing a generation to marijuana??? And where besides California is marijuana legal?

Whatever woman. We already have enough bitches in this country, we don't need no fat fucks using inflammatory language about tangential shit like wars that don't have a fucking thing to do with marijuana. Fuck you and go eat a fucking big mac.

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Why are you worried about those who smoke weed? I've smoked weed for years and I got that someday I should stop. Now I don't smoke it anymore but I'm not better than anyone to say that weed is good or bad. I do what I wanna do with my life without disturbing anyone. So, if you don't like, don't disturb who likes.

I would hope that after blowing years of your life away with pot that you wouldn't then begin to call out those who are still smoking. Not that's it's hypocritical but it seems like such a self-reversal.

And the only "disturbed" people here are the addicts trying to rationalize their addictions vis a vis ridiculous comparisons to everything under the sun. ie "Lots of people die in car crashes and no one dies from pot. I guess we should outlaw cars!"

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM

Weed, meth, heroin.... doesn't matter. It's all druggie bullshit.

MrsKellyPierce
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
If they legalized pot a lot of violence and gun warfare would go down....

Not to mention they need to amend that old ass second amendment.

We don't use guns in our everyday lives anymore, that was the reason it was an amendment a century ago.

We go to things like grocery stores for our food now....

Silcc69
01-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I would hope that after blowing years of your life away with pot that you wouldn't then begin to call out those who are still smoking. Not that's it's hypocritical but it seems like such a self-reversal.

And the only "disturbed" people here are the addicts trying to rationalize their addictions vis a vis ridiculous comparisons to everything under the sun. ie "Lots of people die in car crashes and no one dies from pot. I guess we should outlaw cars!"

Spoken like a true
http://www.conservativecotton.com/images/t-shirts/right_wing_nut_design.gif

T$420
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Weed, meth, heroin.... doesn't matter. It's all druggie bullshit.

You forgot alcohol dipshit...

Silcc69
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Not if you're a homo.

Well they can get STD's though.

south ov da border
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
but he won't touch my argument tho. I wonder why...

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
You forgot alcohol dipshit...

How come no alcoholics are in here defending alcohol? Because they all KNOW it's a drug.

It's only the potheads who are defending their addiction of choice.

T$420
01-23-2011, 09:00 PM
How come you are on HA website stirring up bullshit about weed? Who does that....

MrsKellyPierce
01-23-2011, 09:00 PM
How come no alcoholics are in here defending alcohol? Because they all KNOW it's a drug.

It's only the potheads who are defending their addiction of choice.I don't do pot and alcohol on special occasions like wine. But pot is a lot safer than alcohol.

Alcohol is terribly addicting, causes violence, blackouts, and addiction.

And lets not forget cigarettes...GROSS

And we are losing generations to VIOLENCE...particularly GUN VIOLENCE..

From ILLEGAL DRUG DEALS...mainly POT.

T$420
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
How come no alcoholics are in here defending alcohol?

Because no other jackass started a thread about how bad it is for you & how we are losing a generation to it...

Silcc69
01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
but he won't touch my argument tho. I wonder why...

Of course not.

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't do pot and alcohol on special occasions like wine. But pot is a lot safer than alcohol.

Alcohol is terribly addicting, causes violence, blackouts, and addiction.

And lets not forget cigarettes...GROSS

Agreed. Airplane crashes are worse than car crashes which are worse than tripping over your shoelaces. None of which occurrences are worth defending except to the addict.

MrsKellyPierce
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Agreed. Airplane crashes are worse than car crashes which are worse than tripping over your shoelaces. None of which occurrences are worth defending except to the addict.
I would rather have a a bunch of pot addicts than alcoholics and cigarette addicts.

We are losing our generations to gun violence and suicides.

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I would rather have a a bunch of pot addicts than alcoholics and cigarette addicts.

We are losing our generations to gun violence and suicides.

I hope that's not the case you're making because that's the same argument these potheads are making. I'd rather have no alcoholics and no potheads.

phobun
01-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Well they can get STD's though.

Some of them still don't worry about that. They're called bugcatchers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bug%20Catcher

phobun
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Please do not feed the troll

south ov da border
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
still won't touch what I had to say. I'm pretty versed on this topic, so c'mon humor me. PLEASE, I'm bored and need a good discussion...

MrsKellyPierce
01-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I hope that's not the case you're making because that's the same argument these potheads are making. I'd rather have no alcoholics and no potheads.
Pot isn't going to go away. Most of the violent crimes that are happening now are from poor gun control and illegal drugs. Mainly marijuana.

PomonaCA
01-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Pot isn't going to go away. Most of the violent crimes that are happening now are from poor gun control and illegal drugs. Mainly marijuana.

Pot is likely to be a scourge for quite some time. What's needed is education for potheads and kids at risk of becoming potheads.

Silcc69
01-23-2011, 09:41 PM
still won't touch what I had to say. I'm pretty versed on this topic, so c'mon humor me. PLEASE, I'm bored and need a good discussion...

:ignore::ignore::ignore:

amberskyi
01-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I live in Canada. Weed is very cheap and of excellent quality so no harm no foul.

Ooo,cute white boy..

BLKGSXR
01-23-2011, 11:19 PM
im going to go smoke a bowl yall fight as much as you want, I dont got all day...

scroller
01-23-2011, 11:40 PM

Nevertheless, Prohibition is enormously more damaging -- violence, black markets, police-state tactics, civil rights violations, unconstitutional property seizures, communities ruined by mass imprisonment, etc., etc., etc.

Drug warriors: "You can't deprive the stupid of their stupidity."

rockabilly
01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
im going to go smoke a bowl yall fight as much as you want, I dont got all day...

You need some Funyuns , Pizzas , Popcorn , Haagen Daaz , Red Vines and water ... lots of water man.

gmercer
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
If anything was going to cause us to "lose a generation" it would more likely be all those pharmaceuticals they are giving to children. So many kids these days are being prescribed shit like ritalin, or even anti-depressants, and they have no idea what the long term effects will be since their brains are still developing.

As for weed, all I know is that it was much harder for me to get alcohol as a minor, than it was to get marijuana. Drug dealers don't care if you're under 21. Legalize it, tax it, don't let businesses sell to anyone under 21, and use some of the tax revenue to pay for treatment.

BLKGSXR
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
You need some Funyuns , Pizzas , Popcorn , Haagen Daaz , Red Vines and water ... lots of water man.
Nah im only a munchies eater when im full blown...then Cambodian hot wings rice Funyuns a damn sure hell yes Garlic Pistachios and Spicy Nacho doritos with Nacho cheese.

rockabilly
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Nah im only a munchies eater when im full blown...then Cambodian hot wings rice Funyuns a damn sure hell yes Garlic Pistachios and Spicy Nacho doritos with Nacho cheese.

Niiiiiice , hey wanna hit off "Artie" ?

It'll make ya go "breep bu breep".

hippifried
01-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Funny how it always seems to be the "keep government off our backs" folks who argue most vociferously for government interference in people's recreation.

JelenaCD
01-24-2011, 12:19 AM
It seems the main issue is that many people who do harder drugs will tell you that they started smoking pot , like the gateway drug , so if you legalize it thats ok if people just smoke that , yet if it is a starting point to doing harder drugs then you got a much larger issue on your hands .

rockabilly
01-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Think about the children.

PomonaCA
01-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Funny how it always seems to be the "keep government off our backs" folks who argue most vociferously for government interference in people's recreation.

Yeah that is funny but I haven't seen that in this thread.

onmyknees
01-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Fortunately being American affords us certain personal liberites. We seem to have a fondness for Guns, booze, and weed. Taken in moderation and under the right circumstances none of them is inherently harmful, and we seem to be unwilling to give any of them up entirely and I'm OK with that.

hippifried
01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
It seems the main issue is that many people who do harder drugs will tell you that they started smoking pot , like the gateway drug , so if you legalize it thats ok if people just smoke that , yet if it is a starting point to doing harder drugs then you got a much larger issue on your hands .
Red herring. It's the illegality that's the gateway to other illegalities. There's no governance or even guidence in the black market. There's no controls at all. Everything's outside the law, & law enforcement becomes the common enemy of everyone involved in any part of it. If the terminally self-righteous would stop being able to control how people have fun, the problems associated with prohibition would go away.

south ov da border
01-24-2011, 01:01 AM
If anything was going to cause us to "lose a generation" it would more likely be all those pharmaceuticals they are giving to children. So many kids these days are being prescribed shit like ritalin, or even anti-depressants, and they have no idea what the long term effects will be since their brains are still developing.

As for weed, all I know is that it was much harder for me to get alcohol as a minor, than it was to get marijuana. Drug dealers don't care if you're under 21. Legalize it, tax it, don't let businesses sell to anyone under 21, and use some of the tax revenue to pay for treatment.

very true view...

onmyknees
01-24-2011, 01:06 AM
IMHO....We need to stop clogging up the courts and wasting law enforcement time by fucking with people in possession of small quantities of pot. I'd prefer law enforcement spend their time more productively. It's asinine, and counter productive and the only thing it's doing is bringing in revenue for stressed local budgets. I'm not entirely sure legalization is the answer, but my nephew had a half a joint in the ashtray of his car on one of those "routine traffic stops" and you would have thought these asshole cops had just busted the head of a Mexican drug cartel. I bailed him out and laughed in their faces. I'm not anti cop....just anti asshole cop.

2pert4ya
01-24-2011, 01:29 AM
i smoke hella weed all day

ajrock
01-24-2011, 03:08 AM

Do you talk out of your ass everyday or did you just choose today to start?

IDK where to even start with people like you. But I'll have you do some homework, look up a man named Harry P. Anslinger and then get back to me

PomonaCA
01-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Do you talk out of your ass everyday or did you just choose today to start?

IDK where to even start with people like you. But I'll have you do some homework, look up a man named Harry P. Anslinger and then get back to me

Nah, I don't want to bother. Sure it's only a copy/paste away but I'm a closed book on the matter. Marijuana is a drug and it destroys lives.

T$420
01-24-2011, 04:26 AM
Nah, I don't want to bother. Sure it's only a copy/paste away but I'm a closed book on the matter. Marijuana is a drug and it destroys lives.

That's right, you're a closed book...not open minded enough to even have an intellectual discussion on the matter, as many good points have been brought up that you have ingored because you are ignorant.

You are just a douche bag that wants to start a topic to get people all fired up, almost like a shock jock that talks a bunch of bs just to get ratings. Everybody should ignore your stupid ass instead of feeding you, as you have proven to be nothing more than a fuckin tool....

Dino Velvet
01-24-2011, 04:27 AM
I guzzle Whiskey, take King Kong sized Bong Hits, shoot large caliber guns and you can see I turned out just fine. I did total 3 cars in my life during periods where I was drug free, except for all that pesky liquor floating around in my gut.

Marijuana pretty much is legal in California. I posted an earlier thread on just how easy it is to get a one year doctor's recommendation.

south ov da border
01-24-2011, 05:42 AM
amd yet he still won't touch what I had to say. C'mon troll, argue it. Please...

fred41
01-24-2011, 05:56 AM
We're not losing a generation to ANY drug....
..what we're losing a generation to in this country is incredibly bad parenting. We now have people who don't want to be parents. They want to be their children's friends instead of their parents. Kids don't have to get jobs...they can stay in school forever...it's amazing, we practically think grown men heading for 30 are still children.

south ov da border
01-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I think that Pamona just gets a kick outta having people pay attention to him, but when actually asked for Real discourse... Nothing. Figures...

Ben
08-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Obama Administration Has Spent Nearly $300 Million Cracking Down On Medical Marijuana: Report:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/obama-medical-marijuana_n_3437636.html

Ben
08-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Uruguay Legalizes Marijuana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2WcsweQ21I

Ben
08-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Uruguay votes to create world's first national legal marijuana market:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/aug/01/uruguay-first-legal-marijuana-market

onetluv
08-02-2013, 07:33 AM
legal or illegal,alcohol is a much worse drug than marijuana.easily..and don't get it twisted,just because most people don't think of alcohol when they think of drugs,if you think outside the box,it really is a drug..and I know a lot of people are not going to like that statement,so bring on the hate:)and before anybody calls me a pothead,im not.i don't smoke weed or drink alcohol although I have used both plenty in the past so im basing my statement based on experience.

up_for_it
08-02-2013, 07:36 PM

I'll go ahead and take the bait and respond to this post. I'm guessing this was tossed up here as an attempt to get a discussion going, rather than what appears to be an unoriginal ideological statement straight out of an ABC after school special.

1.) We've lost far more people in several generations to the liquor and tobacco industries than we'll ever lose to MJ. Not only in terms of the staggering loss of life caused by these drugs (which are legal to abuse at one's own discretion), but the mental and spiritual effects of both these drugs. I know more people who numb themselves into complacency with drink than with weed. To not take this into consideration pretty much knocks your argument out of the box from the start. You seem to be assuming that most people are motivated, intelligent, and know themselves, which is hardly the case at all.

2.) It's no longer possible to lump weed into the category of hard drugs. If anything, we're approaching a more rational tolerance more in step with the plant's actual effects. Its about damn time.

3.) If you want to blame the decline of western civilization on any one thing in particular, don't you think we should be discussing the changes brought on by globalization, or more importantly, the onset of the information revolution, which is rapidly changing manners, world views, and conceptions of privacy at both the state and individual levels? Not to slag off new media, but this is the real game changer, for both better and worse.

4.) Finally, addicts are addicts be it drugs, food, or shopping. I've spent last year in Europe and smoked 8 grams of quality Dutch ganja. I smoked every evening after my work was done. Never for a second did I consider trading it for my family, my career, or the many other things which bring joy to my life. I've been home three weeks and haven't missed it a bit. For the record, a co worker took me out for drinks a few days before I left and we got sloshed. I was sick the entire day after. My fault for abusing the substance at hand ( good German beer) but fact of the matter, a few tokes off a one hitter every night and I was much happier and physically better off than I was in the bar. It took that evening to show me the difference between the two. Either way, I could take liquor or weed, or I could leave it. Its for fun, end of story, and it has a time and a place. However, smoking makes much more sense and is far more healthier if you are looking for something recreational. The idea one can lose oneself in MJ any more than any other addiction is ridiculous. Like legal substances, it all comes down to respect and moderation. Shouldn't we be bashing QVC, credit card companies, or the Food Network?

Ben
12-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Uruguay votes to create world's first national legal marijuana market:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/aug/01/uruguay-first-legal-marijuana-market

Marijuana Legalized Across The Country (Of Uruguay):

Marijuana Legalized Across The Country (Of Uruguay) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FTuXsvNd4)

youngblood61
12-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Alcohol is much worse.

NHG
12-13-2013, 05:27 AM
When I drink alcohol, it triggers my gout. That hurts. When i smoke pot, it relieves my pain, and relaxes me so I can sleep. My psychiatrist wishes she could prescribe canabus (spelling?) for me, because it relieves my depression better than anything else available. btw, a gram usually lasts about a month for me (when I can get it).

Quiet Reflections
12-13-2013, 03:53 PM
(when I can get it).
Sounds like you have a problem finding marijuana but really You should have no problem getting some high quality stuff in NH anytime you want it. Do you just not know where to go or is there some other reason you can't seem to get your fix that often?

ImpulZ
12-13-2013, 04:40 PM
happy me that i live in amsterdam :)

Ben
01-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Ski Resorts Brace For Marijuana Tourism Boom

Ski Resorts Brace For Marijuana Tourism Boom - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfej-_vkH7g)

Ben
01-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Is this a good thing?, bad thing?

Marijuana Is Now Legal In Colorado:

Marijuana Is Now Legal In Colorado - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGyFvIkLOv4)

robertlouis
01-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Ski Resorts Brace For Marijuana Tourism Boom

Ski Resorts Brace For Marijuana Tourism Boom - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfej-_vkH7g)

Skiing can be dangerous unless you're wide awake and in control. Weed and slalom should not be mixed.

algebra1900
01-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Colorado is about to make more millionaires than Microsoft. However just wait until all states legalize, farming will be back in business. People think Cannabis is the big money maker, Cannabis is good and all, but HEMP. HEMP IS A BILLION, if not TRILLION dollar business. Hemp is going to change the world, fuel, textiles, food, will be amazing. Also plant matter is one of the best forms of protein, guess what hemp hearts are? Super great protein.

Ben
01-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Colorado is about to make more millionaires than Microsoft. However just wait until all states legalize, farming will be back in business. People think Cannabis is the big money maker, Cannabis is good and all, but HEMP. HEMP IS A BILLION, if not TRILLION dollar business. Hemp is going to change the world, fuel, textiles, food, will be amazing. Also plant matter is one of the best forms of protein, guess what hemp hearts are? Super great protein.

[/QUOTE] Hemp is going to change the world... [/QUOTE]

Justin Trudeau, the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, has come out in favor of legalizing marijuana.

Justin Trudeau on Cannabis and First Nations - Kelowna July 23, 2013 - YouTube - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BetOS0y9mNg)

And poet and singer/songwriter John Trudell on Hemp -- :)

John Trudell on Hemp :: The real reason Marijuana is illegal // Mending News - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huAQrkAg95o)

Ben
01-03-2014, 06:09 AM
George Washington Grew & Used Hemp at Mount Vernon:

George Washington Grew & Used Hemp at Mount Vernon - Hemp History Week - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip3wxuS0nwM)

Ben
01-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Hemp House in Asheville, NC

Hemp House in Asheville, NC - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPHgnd068nI)

Ben
01-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Skiing can be dangerous unless you're wide awake and in control. Weed and slalom should not be mixed.

Skiing is dangerous. Period.

BBC News - Michael Schumacher 'stable' in hospital after ski fall - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUrelg9-YSA)

AND:

Michael Kennedy dies in skiing accident:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9712/31/kennedy.update.2/

Natasha Richardson kept alive on life support so that relatives can say their final farewells:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1162595/Natasha-Richardson-kept-alive-life-support-relatives-say-final-farewells.html

goatman
01-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Funny how it always seems to be the "keep government off our backs" folks who argue most vociferously for government interference in people's recreation.That's usually because they're the ones who stand to profit when the government imprisons OTHER folks in their backyard...
Those Corn Belt & Rust Belt towns that went under in the 80's & 90's? Look what they're growing & building now...

Ben
01-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Dolphins Get High On Pufferfish:

Dolphins Get High On Pufferfish | Don't Try At Home - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQml7Fp-2g)

Deimos
01-03-2014, 08:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwXJWXgdb4I

Sorry... this whole thread had it coming lolz

Dino Velvet
01-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Yep. Money could be used for revenue but goes into the hands of OC until laws get straightened out and citizens come to their senses that the beer companies are working them like marionettes.

tiramisu
01-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Jjoint

Dino Velvet
01-03-2014, 10:21 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/why-legalizing-marijuana-smart-fiscal-101500628.html

gimmeurblood
01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
my brother turned gay injecting 10 marijuanas

Rocker123
01-03-2014, 11:05 PM

hahaha, too bad pot is not a drug, it's an unadulterated plant. If you really have something against a plant then I feel sorry for you.

Legalizing pot will make this country better. Making it illegal will be seen as a serious black eye when looking back on it.

Dino Velvet
01-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Like batteries with just a little life left I'm such a stoner even times when I'm not actually high I just shake my ass and I'm stoned again.

EyeCumInPiece
01-03-2014, 11:19 PM
If Marijuana is going to be illegal then nicotine and alcohol should join it. A drug is a drug, right? Why should the government decide which is a drug and which isnt? (Im for legalization, btw)

algebra1900
01-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Well like a poster said earlier, cannabis is not a drug. Everyone needs to stop saying "marijuana", that is a stolen word used in the propaganda campaigns to make, and keep the plant illegal. The definition of the word drug does not apply to cannabis. Are apples drugs? Worms drugs? Oak trees drugs? Would someone look at you like an idiot if you called honey, a drug that should be illegal? Yes. Drugs are substances formed in a chemical reaction that undergoes heat. You know, like alcohol.

Rocker123
01-03-2014, 11:50 PM
If Marijuana is going to be illegal then nicotine and alcohol should join it. A drug is a drug, right? Why should the government decide which is a drug and which isnt? (Im for legalization, btw)

if it grows in the ground in your backyard then it's not a drug. Is a tomato a drug? Alcohol fits the description of a drug. It's completely processed. Cigarettes have so much crap in them they are def a drug. Raw tobacco no.

Dino Velvet
01-04-2014, 12:53 AM
Drug or no I like referring to my pot as dope or hooch. When it becomes legal I won't feel like Jack Palance from Compañeros anymore.

Doobies with Jack Palance - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLo8-UNI-Rg)

Rocker123
01-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Weed

dabaldone
01-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Well like a poster said earlier, cannabis is not a drug. Everyone needs to stop saying "marijuana", that is a stolen word used in the propaganda campaigns to make, and keep the plant illegal. The definition of the word drug does not apply to cannabis. Are apples drugs? Worms drugs? Oak trees drugs? Would someone look at you like an idiot if you called honey, a drug that should be illegal? Yes. Drugs are substances formed in a chemical reaction that undergoes heat. You know, like alcohol.

This is what I tell the uneducated all the time. It is NOT a drug. No matter what you have been conditioned to believe!

gaysian71
01-04-2014, 09:18 AM
God damn, I love this feeling.

This Is Your Brain On Drugs (Original) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_a2t0ZfTs)

Ananke
01-04-2014, 10:27 AM
if it grows in the ground in your backyard then it's not a drug. Is a tomato a drug? Alcohol fits the description of a drug. It's completely processed. Cigarettes have so much crap in them they are def a drug. Raw tobacco no.
Definition: a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body
Nothing to do where it grows or where it comes from. Duh!
So alcohol, tobacco (raw or not), even coffee have to be called drugs

Ben
01-08-2014, 03:20 AM

I don't smoke pot. But it's the sensible and rational approach to take. Treat it as a health issue. That includes all drugs. I mean, as Ron Paul pointed out: we don't throw alcoholics in prison... unless, of course, they harm someone else.
Anyway, drugs, all drugs, are a health matter. And should be treated as such. It's a benevolent and sensible approach.
This "tough love" approach to drugs is a failure.... So the focus should be on education, treatment and prevention.
I mean, sugar is a drug. Do we throw people in prison for drinking Coca-Cola? No. What about nicotine? Probably the most harmful drug of all. Do we throw people in the slammer for smoking cigarettes? No.

CNN Poll: Support for legal marijuana soaring: (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/06/cnn-poll-support-for-legal-marijuana-soaring/)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/06/cnn-poll-support-for-legal-marijuana-soaring/

goatman
01-08-2014, 03:41 AM
Well like a poster said earlier, cannabis is not a drug. Everyone needs to stop saying "marijuana", that is a stolen word used in the propaganda campaigns to make, and keep the plant illegal. The definition of the word drug does not apply to cannabis. Are apples drugs? Worms drugs? Oak trees drugs? Would someone look at you like an idiot if you called honey, a drug that should be illegal? Yes. Drugs are substances formed in a chemical reaction that undergoes heat. You know, like alcohol.Everybody read ReeferMadness: Sex, Drugs, & Cheap Labor in the American Black Market by Eric Schlosser [2003]...Prett much sums up the history of Pot Prohibition in America(see I didn't use the "M" word:whistle:)...The term "marijuana" was conveniently appropriated by people like Harry Anslinger(father of the DEA) & William Randolph Hearst(Mr. "Yellow Journalism") who had an axe to grind against Mexican immigrants...(Hearst probably also had considerable interests in the wood pulp based paper industry--via the DuPonts--& probably view hemp as a threat.)

(Later chapters also examine illegal immigration & the porn biz.)

Ben
01-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Neuroscientist Carl Hart: Science Says We Should Decriminalize Drugs - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDfzzit5f4)

Dino Velvet
01-08-2014, 03:52 AM
The worst junkies on the Westside are the zombie housewives you see at Whole Foods who get their hooch from their head shrinker. If one ate their baby in front of me I wouldn't blink an eye.

Ben
01-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Smoking has killed 20 million Americans prematurely since 1964. But we've a sensible approach: focus on prevention, treatment and most of all: education...

Smoking Is Worse Than We Knew - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Y7kTr3rH0)

And the great comedian Bill Hicks:

Bill Hicks - Mandatory Marijuana - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqYV9KKOZQ)

Tiffany Anne
01-24-2014, 10:25 AM
William Randolph Hearst(Mr. "Yellow Journalism") who had an axe to grind against Mexican immigrants...(Hearst probably also had considerable interests in the wood pulp based paper industry--via the DuPonts--& probably view hemp as a threat.)

Most definitely. As did DuPont view hemp as a threat to nylon....

Hearst's actions are some of my favorite conspiracy/corruption bits in American history. He'd have his papers print editorials about the "dangers of marijuana", then he'd have his bought congressmen read the editorials on the floor of congress--thereby entering them into the congressional record, and then Hearst's journalists would report about the congressional record.