PDA

View Full Version : HBO Tonight/ Middle Sexes

bigslim
12-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Tonight on HBO there is a show about Transexuals. It is called " Middle Sexes: Redefining He and She". It comes on at 9:30pm EST.

BOATER
12-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Thanks Angela for bumping it. I'll check it out.

Skillet
12-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Bah, I don't get hbo :cry

Legend
12-07-2005, 04:35 AM
Could any of you give me a review after you have watch it?

Bigguy
12-07-2005, 05:35 AM
The show was ok, I was getting a little bored on some parts though. I liked the peice they did in Thailand though.

SexxxyJade
12-07-2005, 06:02 AM
I mostly liked it but did find some parts lacking as well. Not needed or something else. Think I'll show some of it to my mom though, hoping it'll push her one step closer to full support. Last week living at school for good.

OMG Angela I was thinking teh same thing when i was watching this Angela " I wish my mom was watching this" maybe it would give her a better understanding of things. Dont get me wrong she is very accepting of me and what i do, we are the best of freinds. But everytime i go over she has a million and one questions about everything. I gave her a book once, but shes not a reader...lol

Anyway I enjoyed the show alot, every part of it. I learned alot from it also. I also watched Transgender nation on Sundance for the first time too.
Its funny that ive been a TS for over 6 yrs and dont even know sum of this stuff. The things that supposedly, "define" me as a TS and the whys and hows of mr becoming ehat i am.
Interesting......

kisses

tsluver247
12-07-2005, 06:27 AM
I thought it was interesting. It got me thinking. If scientists can figure out why people like the same sex or feel like the opposite sex, do you think they would use "science" to "correct" this "way of thinking"? Personally, I can see them doing it, but I think it definitely crosses the line of ethics in science.

NickTheQuick
12-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Interesting show. I can see why some liked the Thailand part the best. It was mostly positive and it had some beautiful transexuals in it. Especially the one post-op that wore a zebra type print dress, and the pre-op that talked about having all sorts of facial surgery and a 10 yr relationship. The one that mentioned that she had no surgery...in her case that's nothing to be bragging about.

NOTE TO SELF: STAY AWAY FROM INDIAN WEDDINGS!!!
Lmao just thinking back at "Vijay-hole-in-one" and his DL lover Homoar Sharriff. Speaking of India, tsblunder would make a killing over there butchering those poor folks.

And oh yeah, Gwen was very beautiful. What a shame. They are right, the rest of the world could learn a lot from Thailand.

TomSelis
12-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I thought it was interesting because they discussed and said a lot of things we've been saying here for a loooong time.

cheribaum
12-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I "lived" for Noah!!!!

fishman33
12-08-2005, 02:46 AM
I "lived" for Noah!!!!

yeah, I thought the part with Noah was touching. I didn't see all of it, but it will be interesting to know if his parents are still so understanding if after he hits puberty he still has those feminine leanings.

BOATER
12-08-2005, 03:11 AM
I think it was worth seeing. It covered some good topics. A few points were dry but considering it was just over a hour, they tried to do it justice. Hopefully there will be a follow up in a few months. HBO needs to keep up with there documentaries. I'm tired of seeing them reruning the Hookers' of Hunts Point every other month.

dj4monie
12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
VCR's? I have two of them, just for capture playback...

I use Capture cards/DVR's, keep it digital..

Anyway, its an interesting program. I caught it about 1/4 through but its good, especially this dude who gave up everything at home to be with a katoey.

I find his conversation most interesting.

BoNBoN
12-10-2005, 10:00 PM
I wonder if anyone knows the name of the website the dude in Thailand was working on? Sounds interesting....

El_hefe
12-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Yeah, that was my question, which Thai website is he affilliated with? I also found his on camera candor about his attraction for transsexuals positive since that is something almost never discussed candidly by admirers.
Interestingly I just ate dinner at a Thai place in Queens & in the next booth was a very nice looking katoey & friend, I'm sure no one other than me or the Thai waitresses read her, very natural looking. (interestingly I noticed 2 Filipina TS working as employees on the floor of one of the biggest department stores recently.)
The little boy, Noah?, was amazing.

BoNBoN
12-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Does seanchai know?

dj4monie
12-11-2005, 04:02 AM
I wonder if anyone knows the name of the website the dude in Thailand was working on? Sounds interesting....

I think I saw it on a link from ISG (International Sex Guide) however that's an "hetro" site and they really don't talk about anything TG. Seems to make some people uncomfortable.

Just Google Ladyboy or something I'm sure you'll run into it.

Why even bother with that, save your money and buy a ticket to Thailand or any of those Asian island nations. You'll find good looking T's down there.

suchgreatheights
12-11-2005, 04:08 AM
The little boy, Noah?, was amazing.

Noah would most likely grow up homosexual though based on statistics. Pretty good show based on really general stuff...

Kinda surprised @ Anne Fausto Sterling's appearance since she promotes gender as a social construct... and that sexuality determines gendered behavior etc... against what most ppl think (that gender is inborn, sexuality has nothing to do with gender ).

BoNBoN
12-14-2005, 04:48 AM
why dont you google ladyboy? Hell if you dont know just say you dont know..