PDA

View Full Version : George Lopez = No Good

Dino Velvet
01-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I DVR Conan every night and a few minutes of Lopez Tonight bleeds into the end of the recording so I get the first five minutes. His monologue is ridiculously bad. If George Lopez were any worse his name would be Carlos Mencia. Anybody watch this Lopez Tonight crapola?

Instrumental
01-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah I've never found him particularly funny. I'm not too big on late night shows. I like that one Aussie dude though. He's good.

PomonaCA
01-05-2011, 08:30 AM
He's not funny

runround04
01-05-2011, 09:16 AM
He should be shot....

caliuncut
01-05-2011, 09:23 AM
he fucking sucks ass, theyre really tryin to make him work but that dog wont hunt...hah

bladex76
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
his stand up comedy is good very funny if you can relay to what he talk but his talk show it just not working

sunairco
01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Must be his ex-wife's Ann's Kidney causing it.

Star Angel 86
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
George Lopez,never liked him.

MrFanti
02-12-2017, 06:38 AM
His latest comedy is "most interesting"....especially since there are many Black Latinos...(See Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc...)

SanDiegoPervySage
02-12-2017, 06:45 AM
I like Lopez

Falrune
02-13-2017, 03:42 AM
You're right Dino. I never liked his comedy.

javier81
02-13-2017, 05:09 AM
His latest comedy is "most interesting"....especially since there are many Black Latinos...(See Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc...)

He is a piece of shit. But he wasn't wrong.

MrFanti
02-13-2017, 07:19 AM
But he wasn't wrong.

His joke about Latino's shouldn't date Blacks makes no sense when you factor in Cubans and Dominicans at minimum....

blackchubby38
02-13-2017, 07:40 AM
His joke about Latino's shouldn't date Blacks makes no sense when you factor in Cubans and Dominicans at minimum....

I think he was talking more about Mexicans (which have any uneasy relationship with black people to begin with) than the other Latino groups.

I heard the audio of the incident. I didn't hear what the woman said that made him lose his shit like that. I have seen other comedians cleverly and effectively deal with hecklers before. Lopez sounded like he was pissed off about something else, took out on her, and got everyone else in audience to pile on.

SanDiegoPervySage
02-13-2017, 08:05 AM
I think he was talking more about Mexicans (which have any uneasy relationship with black people to begin with) than the other Latino groups.

I heard the audio of the incident. I didn't hear what the woman said that made him lose his shit like that. I have seen other comedians cleverly and effectively deal with hecklers before. Lopez sounded like he was pissed off about something else, took out on her, and got everyone else in audience to pile on.

Yeah, he said Latinos but he basically meant Mexicans. Also, the woman stood up and flipped him off after the joke. That's why he went off on her. She disrupted hours show as well as everyone else enjoying the show. Going off the applause from the audience, they were there for a show, not a heckler to make it about her.

MrFanti
02-14-2017, 02:31 AM
I think he was talking more about Mexicans (which have any uneasy relationship with black people to begin with) than the other Latino group

Then there are these Mexicans...But remember, he said "LATINO"....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mexico-finally-recognized-its-black-citizens-but-thats-just-the-beginning_us_568d2d9ce4b0c8beacf50f6b

Lovecox
02-14-2017, 03:10 AM
The guy is just not funny. I think he somehow squeezed into the "latino comedian" niche and now he can't be dislodged.

DegenerateLibertine
02-14-2017, 04:12 AM
Then there are these Mexicans...But remember, he said "LATINO"....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mexico-finally-recognized-its-black-citizens-but-thats-just-the-beginning_us_568d2d9ce4b0c8beacf50f6b

There are many black Latinos like you pointed out, yep. Lopez's observational bit on non-black Latinos not wanting their kids messing with blacks is a reality, though; the sentiment exists among Latin families, and it isn't all that uncommon, tbf. That's why Lopez made a joke about it.

MrFanti
02-14-2017, 04:28 AM
There are many black Latinos like you pointed out, yep. Lopez's observational bit on non-black Latinos not wanting their kids messing with blacks is a reality, though; the sentiment exists among Latin families, and it isn't all that uncommon, tbf. That's why Lopez made a joke about it.

Lopez' main problem is the he himself doesn't understand the word "Latino"...

DegenerateLibertine
02-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Lopez' main problem is the he himself doesn't understand the word "Latino"...

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew there are black Latinos. It just didn't fit his bit.

holzz
02-14-2017, 06:15 PM
who cares what he says? fuck PC. stand up comedians are supposed to be edgy!